Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
There will be ADEQUATE FOOD!

Wow that is a terrible snipe, let me find something dumb to post.

Edit:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Holy gently caress just stop Brexit already why are we trying to kill ourselves?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Dravs posted:

Edit:
try jumping

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

Holy gently caress just stop Brexit already why are we trying to kill ourselves?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Because certain groups are going to make a lot of money

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Curious how many brexiteers next year are going to be going I NEVER THOUGHT THE LEOPARDS WOULD EAT MY FACE vs how many will be saying it's good, they're glad that a bag of oranges costs £5 now

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Dravs posted:

Edit:

January 2021, Boris Johnson throws a food parcel to the starving people of Uxbridge

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

multijoe posted:

Curious how many brexiteers next year are going to be going I NEVER THOUGHT THE LEOPARDS WOULD EAT MY FACE vs how many will be saying it's good, they're glad that a bag of oranges costs £5 now

They will never admit it's gone tits up. They'll aways bray about how much BETTER things are now, now we're out from under that EU THUMB and all their RULES! God save the Queen!

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Alan_Shore posted:

They will never admit it's gone tits up. They'll aways bray about how much BETTER things are now, now we're out from under that EU THUMB and all their RULES! God save the Queen!

Nah, they'll be really mad at the EU for starting an unprovoked trade war.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

the sad little egg on white bread perfectly encapsulates brexit britain

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Britain breakfasts becoming boring because Boris botched Brexit, bully bureaucrats bleakly boiling....broccoli.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

An insane mind posted:

Britain breakfasts becoming boring because Boris botched Brexit, bully bureaucrats bleakly boiling....broccoli.

Bollocks!

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
There is a silver lining: The British diet will be in alignment with what the rest of the world thinks we eat for the first time since rationing ended

Mainly because rationing isn't ended anymore

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I'm glad the british diet is going back to what I ate when I was too lazy to cook anything elaborate as a teen

I guess they'll add vitamins to the alcohol?

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
What goes well with Spam?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dravs posted:

c

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

There is a silver lining: The British diet will be in alignment with what the rest of the world thinks we eat for the first time since rationing ended

Mainly because rationing isn't ended anymore

peat?

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Dravs posted:

Spam, of course! Additional Spam is not available at this time.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
there will be a deal. the current statements are bad theatre. if no deal was something they were considering at all they would have been hammering everyone about preparing for months

i really believe this and it will be a funny post to quote if im wrong

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

poty posted:

there will be a deal. the current statements are bad theatre. if no deal was something they were considering at all they would have been hammering everyone about preparing for months

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
I sort of expected something like this to happen, as no-deal is massively unpopular, not to mention an outright human catastrophe in the waiting and doing anything other than pulling out of any deals at the last minute would lead to the sort of massive internal blowback and sustained crossfire that ends political careers

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

mortons stork posted:

I sort of expected something like this to happen, as no-deal is massively unpopular, not to mention an outright human catastrophe in the waiting and doing anything other than pulling out of any deals at the last minute would lead to the sort of massive internal blowback and sustained crossfire that ends political careers

Oh nooo how could this have happened it's so unexpected why would the EU do this to us, alas our hands are tied we're honouring cameron's commitments

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

poty posted:

Hello posterity

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Both no deal and capitulation for a deal will make large numbers of right wingers upset so I could see the current theatrics being applicable to either one.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

i think whenever the real deadline is (which according to what some eu ministers are saying can be later than sunday) the eu will offer their current proposal + 1 fish and boris will accept and sell it like the biggest victory since world war 2 with the help of the telegraph and the daily mail

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

poty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hyq5U4mLdQ

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

poty posted:

Yes, bad things won't happen because no one is preparing for bad things I say at the end of year one of the plague years.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

poty posted:

i think whenever the real deadline is (which according to what some eu ministers are saying can be later than sunday) the eu will offer their current proposal + 1 fish and boris will accept and sell it like the biggest victory since world war 2 with the help of the telegraph and the daily mail

This is genuinely what I hope will happen.

Edit: since unfortunately everybody finally admitting that the whole thing is a stupid dogwhistle waste of time and pretending it never happened seems to be off the board at this point

gonadic io has issued a correction as of 18:12 on Dec 11, 2020

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Also a lot of people, even on the left, are guilty of constantly ascribing a master plan to e.g. Trump's actions and saying that each dumb careless fuckup is a carefully orchestrated bit of theatre. The same applies here.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

it is assured, not a "strong possibility", a certainty

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

remember all those flowcharts last year about various brexit outcomes that all had no deal at like .05% because obviously it won't happen

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

poty posted:

Have the last four years taught you nothing??

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

From /r/supplychain, brexit import procedures looking good:

https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/12/10/everything-you-need-to-know-about-day-one-of-brexit

quote:

The trouble with customs IT systems is this: Everyone needs to be filling in the right thing, in the right place, at the right time. If they don't, things break down. That doesn't just apply to the UK and French governments. It applies to exporters and importers, ports, hauliers and others. Customs is all or nothing. If one section is wrong, it's all wrong. Lorries are often full of lots of different consignments of goods from different exporters. Plenty of them travel with 100 individual separate consignments on them. This is called 'groupage'. So if one input of one customs form in one of those consignments is wrong, the whole lorry is delayed. And if that lorry is delayed, all the lorries behind it are delayed. The potential for breakdown is therefore very significant.
[EHC] are documents which confirm that the product meets the health requirements of the EU. So they might say that the animal was vaccinated, for instance. Some products, like a cut of lamb, will just have one EHC. But others, like a chicken pizza, will have more than one.
The most likely outcome right now is somewhere between shambles and catastrophe. We have to hope it's a shambles.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

that's project fear

poty
Jun 21, 2008

multijoe posted:

Have the last four years taught you nothing??

i think what i said is more or less what happened with the withdrawal agreement

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

poty posted:

i think what i said is more or less what happened with the withdrawal agreement

your scenario and hard brexit are the only two I find plausible and I really don't know which side of this coin flip is gonna turn up

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
it basically comes down to whether Boris actually gives even the tiniest poo poo about the lives of ordinary people or if he just wants to go down in history as the saviour of British sovereignty

I think it's gonna be no deal, hes still the boy who wanted to be world king in his soul

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i view this as a fight between different sectors of Capital and i don't know who's gonna come out on top. if barclays et al is eviscerated by this, how much power did they actually have in the first place?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

XMNN posted:

it basically comes down to whether Boris actually gives even the tiniest poo poo about the lives of ordinary people or if he just wants to go down in history as the saviour of British sovereignty

I think it's gonna be no deal, hes still the boy who wanted to be world king in his soul

There's also the fairly reasonable chance that he's a genuine idiot with delusions of invincibility who actually does think that no deal will be fine and dandy and all the prophecies of doom are just empty hype.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

There's also the fairly reasonable chance that he's a genuine idiot with delusions of invincibility who actually does think that no deal will be fine and dandy and all the prophecies of doom are just empty hype.

This is the same man who gave himself a near-fatal case of Covid by refusing to following social distancing measures out of a sense of public school bravado, there's no chance about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

gonadic io posted:

I think you'll find that the substrate of the earth will still exist just as well with no deal, therefore,

Not if the EEA's tidal amplifiers have anything to say about it.

loving CERN caught the coronavirus tho, so the chronosphere needs another few months. We don't have another few months. Well, we will once it's finished but that's beside the point.