Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

From /r/supplychain, brexit import procedures looking good:

who's steve jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

who's steve jobs
https://twitter.com/edballs/status/63623585020915713

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Bifa deez nuts ahahahah

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i know someone who is reasonably high up in a shipping company and he met the guy in charge for the whole of the UK who wasn't worried because he thinks the government will just let anything in in event of no deal because of the problems otherwise. This is a problem because france is refusing to go along lol

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
A Bad Deal is worse than No Deal (because Boris will be toppled and the new PM will tear up the agreement, pissing off the EU even more.)

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

A Bad Deal is worse than No Deal (because Boris will be toppled and the new PM will tear up the agreement, pissing off the EU even more.)

brexit

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm sure the next eton babyeater will somehow be different from johnson.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

the people voted for pain

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
l;ol it iowns

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

Jose posted:

i know someone who is reasonably high up in a shipping company and he met the guy in charge for the whole of the UK who wasn't worried because he thinks the government will just let anything in in event of no deal because of the problems otherwise. This is a problem because france is refusing to go along lol

the article mentions that even if the uk lets everything in, if france doesn't for trucks coming from the uk there will be a backlog on the uk side, and most truckers are contractors who don't get paid for being stuck in customs so it's far more likely they'll just not take uk bound loads lol

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i actually really rate rubber faced funnyman rory stewart

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

why did brexit decide a big line of trucks in one place was the best way to supply a country?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

the article mentions that even if the uk lets everything in, if france doesn't for trucks coming from the uk there will be a backlog on the uk side, and most truckers are contractors who don't get paid for being stuck in customs so it's far more likely they'll just not take uk bound loads lol
Alternatively, they'll take them but demand payment for the entire round trip. Not exactly sure what percentage the average transportation cost is of food in the UK, but in the US it's about 13% apparently. Assuming the same for the UK would see the price of imported food increase by 13% on average in a scenario where the UK just throws open its borders. I'd suspect you'd still see a contraction, reducing supply further in the UK and thus increasing the cost further on top of that. Finally, British farmers will have the competitive edge they need to oust foreign producers.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

why did brexit decide a big line of trucks in one place was the best way to supply a country?

Because brexit thinks Boris is a smart person.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Boris Johnson: Idiot, loser, never had confidence in that guy. Lord von Noncebourg: Steely eyed resolve, clear headed, will set the ship right.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

all this for one fish smh

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Britain is a failed state in every sense

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

it's funny that brexit will result in rUK losing most of its fishing waters by causing scottish independence

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bitterandtwisted posted:

lol, we've had that exact number of the River-class patrol vessels they're talking about in the Channel since 2003, and it was actually a cost-cutting downgrade on our previous military presence there. The British media are goldfish.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Every single person in the UK works in fisheries

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

smdh. where are the concessions from the fish in exchange for being guarded?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

This is frontpage headline news on the BBC too by the way, not just the tabloids.

Brexit: No-deal Navy threat 'irresponsible', says Tobias Ellwood

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Some experts think it's irresponsible but none of them are mentioning that the Royal navy would cease to exist 5 minutes into a shooting war with the entire EU fleet. Then I guess we nuke Paris and they nuke London.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

Some experts think it's irresponsible but none of them are mentioning that the Royal navy would cease to exist 5 minutes into a shooting war with the entire EU fleet. Then I guess we nuke Paris and they nuke London.

pish posh. britannia rules the waves

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Aldi just started selling Tim Tam knockoffs in Germany. :agesilaus:

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Then I guess we nuke Paris and they nuke London.

And here I was thinking Brexit would have no positive outcomes.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nobody wants loving Tim tams theyr just penguins

Of all the Brexit stuff this drives me the most insane!!!!!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

brexit is the name of the doctor. the name of the place is brexits monster

poty has issued a correction as of 16:34 on Dec 12, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

bitterandtwisted posted:

We need to recruit Iceland to defeat this English menace.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

UK gonna crash out of the EU and use their navy for pirate activities to secure avocados for their elite

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

UK gonna crash out of the EU and use their navy for pirate activities to secure adequate egg for their elite

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

poty posted:

brexit is the name of the doctor. the name of the place is brexits monster

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

UK gonna crash out of the EU and use their navy for pirate activities to secure avocados for their elite

as soon as the elite are even slightly inconvenienced they will simply leave the country. the ones that don't have vacation homes in other, better countries don't count as elite at all.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Brexit is yours for the taking, but you'll have to find it first

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Like Idiocracy, Children of Men was a absurdly utopian vision.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

bitterandtwisted posted:

This cover looks like it's from a 90's newspaper, recipes and tv guides lol wtf is going on over there

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

orange sky posted:

This cover looks like it's from a 90's newspaper, recipes and tv guides lol wtf is going on over there

Good news, the Express' target demographic's last intact memory is from the 90s.

Internet Poster
Nov 1, 2020

good brexit, sunday brexit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

can't believe i've been laughing at brexit for longer than tormp's been president and it's still not actually happened