Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

you know who she really voted for

The thing she said she will miss most is being able to beat and abuse all the hourly employees who work on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

It's also great lock-up quarantine watch since the big theme for the TV show/source of comedy is how the top "upper management" on the spaceship have no clue what they are doing and if anything make a bad situation worse with their attempts to control the situation.

every single thing in it happened

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Mr Interweb posted:

:sickos:

thank you for this. FINALLY, some dipshit chud at the federal level is getting some pain :dance:

edit: oh it's a state rep :smith:

Eh, I’ll take it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

lol

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1337596346124132353

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
It’s actually good when bad people die and it helps me sleep at night.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

even milo's allies are making GBS threads on him :lol:

https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/1337649482494746625

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/RhodeUpdates/status/1337875272243306497

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

drat now i want hot wieners

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

It's because they're poo poo, op

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i mentioned i've been keeping tabs on this covidiot for a couple months back when he got covid to see how he's doing. the bad news is that he's still alive and still a covidiot. the good news however, is that apparently his house burned down and he has no insurance:

quote:

Last night as the aftermath of the biggest disaster of my life it was 3am. I was shaking in cold completely soaked from the fire hoses drenched to my socks shaking teeth rattling. I decide to change. The firemen holding axes just a few hours earlier said while I was in my room yelling like the house was about to collapse grab some clothes quickly we need to get out of here so I did . I hurried shove the first clothes I could find in the first suitcase I could find and was run out of my house . Hours later in disappear i decided to change .shaking standing outside my car I'm digging through the smoke filled clothes , they were all soaked in water , there was so much water in this bag I poured it out on the street . So I get back in my car my new home and start wondering how to kill myself, what can I use I have no purpose anymore delicious from no sleep a guy at 3am is walking toward my x home . What's he want at 3am I said can help you. He said I want to help you , I heard you didnt have a C pap machine and I brought you one . I started crying and gave Chris a hug . Now even though I didnt have anywhere to plug it in I felt hope . And this Morning after the firemen with axes decided to go in my home and chop some more of my house up looking for damage left I was starting to pick up debree trash can after trash can filling my regular trash cans up not even making a dent . Hopelessness started turning into reality . But than neighbors people from all over just started showing up. They started cleaning they gave envelopes with money. I went to the side of my house and started crying again not able to control myself. Theres such good people here there everywhere I want to thank them , I'm so great full

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.menaldi

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

That's kind of a lovely thing to be happy about, doubly so given that it's winter.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah, it’s kind of bad to be happy he survived.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Morsel that he's now almost certainly homeless

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
dead people can’t be homeless

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

That's kind of a lovely thing to be happy about, doubly so given that it's winter.

oh excuse me

i forgot i was posting in the 'post trump voters you sympathize with greatly due to their misfortunes' thread

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Tetrabor posted:

More focus needs to be put on the U.S.'s failing mental health institutions, a lot of these individuals would be receiving the care they need if we hadn't shut down all our psychiatric hospitals (and then failed to replace them.)

Horse poo poo. I'm a social worker for the severe and persistently mentally ill. And not just ANY OLE SPMI, but specifically the sickest ones not institutionalized. People who have difficulty telling the difference between hallucination and reality on a daily basis. One man insists he can't sleep in his bedroom because there's 40+ rockstars using drugs in there, and if he disturbs them they will inject him with 40 tons of heroin. One lady killed someone because the devil told her to. One lady is insistent that the people upstairs are going to help her move to Israel so she can atone for her childhood sins of stealing a toy. She lives in a single floor apartment / converted motel building.

To a T every single one of them fully understands the importance of wearing masks. Those that have paranoia are reinforced by their thoughts. They absolutely understand that society will leave them to gently caress off and die. Now the people I went to high school with...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pick posted:

avenue 5 is literally the most accurate and realistic sci fi show ever made. it's also super funny

What was the one where it was a reality show and the contestants thought they were in space... OR DID THEY?!? (No spoilers TIA I haven't see it.)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
people really love diagnosis everyone with mental illness, because it’s the lazy and easy solution

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mr Interweb posted:

oh excuse me

i forgot i was posting in the 'post trump voters you sympathize with greatly due to their misfortunes' thread

It's funny when what happens to them is ironic or comeuppance, like covidiot getting covid. Not so much when covidiot gets killed by falling piano.

Actually hold on

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What was the one where it was a reality show and the contestants thought they were in space... OR DID THEY?!? (No spoilers TIA I haven't see it.)
I never watched a tv show after 1950 but this might be Ascension*

* at least one part of this sentence is wrong

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Knight posted:

I never watched a tv show after 1950 but this might be Ascension*

* at least one part of this sentence is wrong

No I'm pretty sure it was much later than the 1960s.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

indigi posted:

yeah, it’s kind of bad to be happy he survived.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Frank Herbert’s Destination: Void is about exactly that, a bunch of people on a space journey that isn’t, and it’s a pretty good read.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

christmas boots posted:

I've been having this too, but I also imagine that they must have people in their lives who aren't monstrous and aren't indulging in this self-destructive behavior. Family, friends maybe. People who love them and care about them but couldn't figure out how to keep them from losing their minds in all this poo poo. They're going to suffer too and I don't feel very good about that.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/327311/americans-mental-health-ratings-sink-new-low.aspx

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Lib and let die posted:

btw, just in case you still have sympathy for this chud, he and a close friend of his wound up getting covid around the same time (cause they went to the same party i believe). his friend wound up dying, and this idiot recovered and still thinks it's a hoax and was continuing to downplay it to all his idiot friends on FB

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Frank Herbert’s Destination: Void is about exactly that, a bunch of people on a space journey that isn’t, and it’s a pretty good read.

There's a big fakeout going on, but they are actually in space.

I honestly like the D:V series more than Dune, the sequels hold up better.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Mr Interweb posted:

btw, just in case you still have sympathy for this chud, he and a close friend of his wound up getting covid around the same time (cause they went to the same party i believe). his friend wound up dying, and this idiot recovered and still thinks it's a hoax and was continuing to downplay it to all his idiot friends on FB

i don't think anybody should be homeless

it's those kind of material deficiencies that cause people to turn to authoritarianism and blaming the 'other' in the first place

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Lib and let die posted:

i don't think anybody should be homeless

it's those kind of material deficiencies that cause people to turn to authoritarianism and blaming the 'other' in the first place

He's already there.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

BraveUlysses posted:

“We’re putting together an ordinance that has no teeth!” McCardle, the council president, protested. He had spent the week agonizing over his decision. One day he was for it, the next day he was against. He would miss his friend Buck Timmins at all the games, but he was also moved by the soldier. Miller had served to protect our country’s freedoms — how could McCardle vote to take them away?

But in the end, McCardle couldn’t even bring himself to vote for the toothless mandate, which passed 5 to 3.

Conservatives talk a big game about small town values and how friends and family are everything to them but they sure bounce back immediately when a friend or loved one dies if the alternative is examining their own lovely decisions. Yeah my friend is dead but that soldier said everyone should be free to die of covid, who can say who is right?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Conservatives talk a big game about small town values and how friends and family are everything to them but they sure bounce back immediately when a friend or loved one dies if the alternative is examining their own lovely decisions. Yeah my friend is dead but that soldier said everyone should be free to die of covid, who can say who is right?

“I know god forgives me because I am good. My wife’s ghost forgives me too.”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

God's Plan is whatever stupid selfish poo poo i decide to do. YOLO

maybe they should take a different approach?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

davidspackage posted:

It's funny when what happens to them is ironic or comeuppance, like covidiot getting covid.

Then it's a good thing it's a house he built himself to look like a castle (it's hideous) and when he got quoted a very high insurance premium, he instead opted to go without insurance and just sprayed fire retardant on everything.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Mash posted:

Then it's a good thing it's a house he built himself to look like a castle (it's hideous) and when he got quoted a very high insurance premium, he instead opted to go without insurance and just sprayed fire retardant on everything.

And that didn't work? Shocking.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

who could have foreseen the end of this arc, which is exactly how every arc in which someone puts their trust in trump also ends?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

looks like the gap between white and non-whites in the category of mental health has shrunk to 2 points. sounds like capitalism is curing racism, checkmate socialosers

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Zeroisanumber posted:

And that didn't work? Shocking.

Kirk Lazarus could have told him that.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The Mash posted:

lol OK, 100% retracted

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

Mr Interweb posted:

i mentioned i've been keeping tabs on this covidiot for a couple months back when he got covid to see how he's doing. the bad news is that he's still alive and still a covidiot. the good news however, is that apparently his house burned down and he has no insurance:

https://www.facebook.com/dominic.menaldi

Buried the lede on the fact that this chud:
- Literally has a huge house that was built to look like a castle
- Didn't buy fire insurance because he thought they wanted too much and was confident his all brick paradise was immune to fire

quote:

The Castle Fire . Now theres good news and bad news Obviously a 4 alarm fire n you're house was the one burning was bad news . Not having insurance thinking that I built the Castle not to burn was a very bad decision. My house didn't get normal insurance they wanted $17,000 a year witch I thought was crazy . So the reason I was confident it wouldn't burn is well theres 6 inches of stone around the entire house, that's why people dont think nothing happened you cant tell from outside . Than I sprayed a hundred gallons of fire retardant on the wood thinking it wouldn't burn and you know what 90% of the structure had not even a burn mark after being in a direct fire .but what burned was my Christmas stuff and Halloween stuff n other Storage , the causalities for my Halloween were Mr Burns ironically the green goblin the space aliens it be easier to say what didn't burn only the excess stuff didn't burn . Oh the Devil burned , I thought he was immune to fire who knew . How it Start , Christmas lights,trying to see witch ones worked .

The Mash posted:

Okay good someone else is talking about this but I'm not gonna untype what I did

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Jesus 17000 a year that house must be in the millions. he deserved it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

mr burns AND the green goblin?! how much proof do you need that this was a righteous proletarian fire?