Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Dropped off my Santee's gifts for shipping out. Please expect them sometime next week! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The deadline for shipping is the 18th. Right now, there's only about... four Santas that haven't shipped yet (including mine). There's a couple of "ordered" entries I have which also might not have shipped, plus golden bubble's damaged gift.

The large majority of gifts are already received. We're doing really well!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well you can mark another received off the list!

Thank you very very much Santa! Been eyeballing this for a long time, and now I'll be able to give it a spin during the holidays!

Now the most important decision of all. Who to play first... :thunk:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Leperflesh posted:

Infinitum posted:
Hello Santa!

I had a pretty rubbish day at work, but was delighted to come home and find Twilight Struggle awaiting me!

I have been umming and arring about picking this up for a while now, and I have a couple of players in my gaming groups I'd like to try it out with!
Thank you very much

From a few pages back, but was me, enjoy trying not to lose

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

From a few pages back, but was me, enjoy trying not to lose

Cheers mate.

Already got a game of it lined up for the holidays!

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Thank you very very much Santa! Been eyeballing this for a long time, and now I'll be able to give it a spin during the holidays!

I've been playing this a lot lately (both in TTS and the real thing) and it's very good. We've been teaching people to play and usually recommend starting with the birds. Unless you mean posters to get probated from compete against.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It's an excellent game, I love it. They have got a guide for how to select factions in the game and for the base game I would always suggest leaving the vagabond till you're playing at 4 players. In fact generally leave out the vagabond, it is bad.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Aramoro posted:

It's an excellent game, I love it. They have got a guide for how to select factions in the game and for the base game I would always suggest leaving the vagabond till you're playing at 4 players. In fact generally leave out the vagabond, it is bad.

Counterpoint: Vagabond owns but the people playing absolutely have to understand that you punch that motherfucker as much as possible. Easier said than done because a lot of Root is about getting the other players to do your dirty work.

Edit: However, if playing with the base deck, just don't allow Tinker, unless you like the entire map being uninhabitable.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning

The Bloop posted:

:cheers:

hope you and your kiddo enjoyed the build. Seemed like a silly fun thing to go with the thing you actually wanted lol

it was amazing, he had fun, i had fun, it is now the centerpiece next to a candy tray i made.

I cant wait for my santee to receive....

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Thank you very much, The Bloop for the holiday cheer!

I asked for a bits bag, and I did receive. I already have projects in mind for most of these!!!!! Lots of them are very suitable for BA space marine cruft, already making good use of the two little eagle icons:

I have personally been eyeballing (:razz:) the froghemoth at my store for a while but "giant frog model? when am I gonna use it! it's a pleasure... too guilty" - which is exactly the niche gifts are meant to fill. The rest of the little minis are great, I especially the love the cerberaurus? cerberovine? bullberos?

Thank you, and merry christmas goonbuds

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mirthless posted:

I especially the love the cerberaurus? cerberovine? bullberos?

Haha it's actually literally just cows that are on fire, from Mantic's Mars Attacks line and I think it's funny as hell

I'm very glad you liked. Giving what amounts to partially a "used" gift in the form of bits is a little nerve wracking

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

My Santa got me two cat distractors!

I seem to recall hearing cool things (lol) about the Climate board game a while ago.

Once we're all allowed to touch and kiss again, I'll be sure to try these out with a couple of my friends. It's been far too long since we've gotten together to play stuff.

Also here is Po keeping one of the bassinets warm for imminent babies.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

A box arrived today! Unfortunately, the Department of Postal Inspection is contractually guaranteed weekends off, so this box went unsniffed...leaving me very concerned about opening it!

Thankfully, it was Goon Secret Santa, and not an exploding glitter bomb or a fruitcake.

Huzzah! Founders of Gloomhaven has intrigued me for a while! I've heard mixed things, so I never wanted to spend my own money at it, but I'll play a lot of less-than-perfect stuff for Free.99 - this is truly the best sort of holiday gift. As for Caddyshack trivia....well, I guess I'm gonna have to watch Caddyshack at some point, cause my only knowledge of that film is that Bob Barker cameos in it. I'm dumb as hell Thanks for adding a new movie to my watchlist!

I have virtually zero experience with minis, but these are really neat! I can't tell if the green one was supposed to have a base and it just got damaged in transit, or if that was supposed to break-away as an ablative shipping buffer...but the figure itself seems unharmed! The griffin in particular is very delightful, and I shall use this as some manner of first player marker, or monopoly token the next time I get roped into that game!

Thanks very much, Santa Hedningen!

EDIT: despite opening a box and taking photos and stuff RIGHT NEXT TO HIM, Oliver remains sound asleep on the couch. Love this sleepy baby.

jivjov fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 12, 2020

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

jivjov posted:

As for Caddyshack trivia....well, I guess I'm gonna have to watch Caddyshack at some point, cause my only knowledge of that film is that Bob Barker cameos in it.

Caddyshack is very much not the movie you think it is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Although in all fairness, Happy Gilmore does owe a lot of inspiration to Caddyshack.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

rydiafan posted:

I guess i'm dumb as a sack of rocks - or coal to be seasonally appropriate! Guess there's two movies on my watchlist now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

rydiafan posted:

It's alright.

Hedningen
May 4, 2013

Enough sideburns to last a lifetime.
Glad you like the (non-joke) portions of the gift! Caddyshack was mainly due to seeing it, realizing it was the most bizarre and niche boardgame possible, and figuring it would get a chuckle.

Yeah, the stuff that fell off was just some casting residue. I decided to throw them in because they’re some of the few minis I’ve cast so far, and you mentioned that you like homemade stuff.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Hedningen posted:

Glad you like the (non-joke) portions of the gift! Caddyshack was mainly due to seeing it, realizing it was the most bizarre and niche boardgame possible, and figuring it would get a chuckle.

Yeah, the stuff that fell off was just some casting residue. I decided to throw them in because they’re some of the few minis I’ve cast so far, and you mentioned that you like homemade stuff.

Hell yeah, a hand sculpted and cast mini is cool as hell, and my only regret is that I don't typically do much stuff with minis, so for my collection they're just gonna be decorations! You also stimulated small business economy--about 90 seconds after cracking the plastic on the Founders box, I bought the Broken Token insert

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

golden bubble posted:

Thanks. I think I have the returns process handled on Amazon.

Great, just let me know if you need anything!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

So uh hand worse than thought. I was spoilers for gross bleeding from my fingernails and it kept swelling ; turns out I broke a knuckle.

Really sorry for everything. My bad.

Happy Holidays though!

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

My gift seems to have gone from scheduled for delivery today to "late but on its way". Stay safe postal workers! Fortunately there's still some buffer time before the deadline.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

A gift was delivered today!

The most adorable of wargames, thanks Santa!

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

NTRabbit posted:

A gift was delivered today!

The most adorable of wargames, thanks Santa!

This seems to be a very popular gift choice this year.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think that's the 3rd copy thus far?

Santa has good taste :hmmyes:

Rid
Jun 16, 2003

What do you mean you're out of butter?

Infinitum posted:

Happy Christmas! I really love this game, so I hope that you enjoy it too. One bit of advice: don't ignore the Vagabond! I've played a number of games where they walk away with a victory because they steadily acquire points while the other factions are all focusing on fighting each other.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I backed root on Kickstarter and have all the expansions and I've only gotten to play a handful of times because life but it's so so good

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Rid posted:

Happy Christmas! I really love this game, so I hope that you enjoy it too. One bit of advice: don't ignore the Vagabond! I've played a number of games where they walk away with a victory because they steadily acquire points while the other factions are all focusing on fighting each other.

Yeah, the biggest "problem" with Root is that the Vagabond needs to be smashed to prevent them from winning, but attacking them gives no VPs, so whoever does it is expending resources for no gain, which can be a losing move for them.

I put problem in quotes, because if you're the kind of group that treats every war game as a diplomacy game, that becomes part of the negotiations/fun.

Benedict
Mar 7, 2008

Why, yes, that is Glemdenning
UPS assured me it would be there by saturday, it is now sunday and it is still in transit. i am sorry santee. please patiently await the culmination of the shadow boob cabal.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
I got a box! In the box was

A copy of dungeon mayhem + expansion. These sorts of games are always handy to have around as a quick palette cleanser, and this is one I haven’t played before.

Cheers Santa.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 14, 2020

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

No Pun Intended posted:

I got a box! In the box was

A copy of dungeon mayhem + expansion. These sorts of games are always handy to have around as a quick palette cleanser, and this is one I haven’t played before.

Cheers Santa.

Merry Christmas mate!

I hope you enjoy this. It's legitimately one of my favourite games to bring to the table as that 'quick palette cleanser'. It's quick, it's light, it takes 30 seconds to explain, and it's great with families.
There is another expansion that adds even more characters to the deck and I highly recommend it.

Apologies for the delay as I had to cancel the first order, as shipping blew out until the end of January.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
My secret Santa should be out for delivery VERY soon. Estimate is the 16th, but it showed up at a facility 12:00 AM the 13th, so it might even be out today instead. Fingers crossed!

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Apologies to my Santa for taking so long for this promised write-up.

A. Flex posted:

December 7, 2020

It was an afternoon like any other when I heard the familiar beckoning of the doorbell ring out, cutting through the still silence of my small apartment. I wondered, "Who could it be, at this hour?" I wasn't expecting any visitors – especially with the mysterious new sickness that had started to afflict the local townsfolk.

As I opened the door, I noticed a parcel had been placed at the threshold, sitting ever so slightly askew. I raised my head, hunting for any sign of whoever had dropped it off, and caught a brief glimpse of a figure walking away. Straining – and failing – to make out a single detail of a familiar countenance, I expressed my gratitude before they turned the corner and left earshot. Curious, I brought the peculiar parcel inside and set about searching for my pocket knife.

The box hissed as I sank my implement in and broke the seal that had shuttered its contents away for uncounted ages. And what did I find contained within?
Terrible things. Horrible things. Unspeakable things. For inside lay Arkham Horror: The Card Game and its first upgrade expansion, Return to the Night of the Zealot.

Lifting them from the box, I set the items on my desk and examined their exterior. Strange images covered their surface, peeking out from the inky blackness of a starlit void. Stranger still was the indecipherable text scrawled across each's bottom. As I stared at those words, they began to gradually make more and more sense. But as they did, even more started to make less sense.

Who had arranged the delivery of these curios to me? Why would they undertake such an act? What reason could there possibly be to require their abrupt entrance into my life? And was their sender watching me now? My head began to spin and spiral out of control, as answers led to questions and questions gave rise to disquietude. If I was going to figure any of this out and get to the bottom of things, I'd have to dive in and pour through each's contents in meticulous detail – even if it cost me my sanity.

Thank you for these generous gifts, Santa – whoever you are (I only have your real name unless I missed something)! I've played the Arkham Horror LCG here and there in the past, but always with friends' copies and loaned investigator decks. Now I have a copy to call my own and work through a (likely solo) campaign with! This is the perfect gift based on my preferences this year and something I wouldn't have thought of, to boot! I'll have to crack it open over the holiday and pick an investigator to slowly succumb to insanity at the  hands  tentacles of eldritch horrors. :cthulhu:

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Dec 14, 2020

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Santee #2

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I got a box!

Junior gift inspector Billie Jean has determined it's a secret santa present.

It's from Arrrthritis, & Arrrthritis' wife! Of course, I knew that. I assigned myself to them.

I have decided not to open it yet. Leperflesh & Leperflesh's wife are doing christmas at home alone this year, so it'll be nice to have an extra present in the pile. Also, I haven't shipped my own gift out yet, so it's only fair.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Apologies to my Santa for taking so long for this promised write-up.

Thank you for these generous gifts, Santa – whoever you are (I only have your real name unless I missed something)! I've played the Arkham Horror LCG here and there in the past, but always with friends' copies and loaned investigator decks. Now I have a copy to call my own and work through a (likely solo) campaign with! This is the perfect gift based on my preferences this year and something I wouldn't have thought of, to boot! I'll have to crack it open over the holiday and pick an investigator to slowly succumb to insanity at the  hands  tentacles of eldritch horrors. :cthulhu:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's supposed to have a good single player experience and that your friends play it too hopefully will be a serendipitous bonus.
Also it's my first time doing this so I didn't know people would wrap and add notes and just sent it straight from the store to your house.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's supposed to have a good single player experience and that your friends play it too hopefully will be a serendipitous bonus.
Also it's my first time doing this so I didn't know people would wrap and add notes and just sent it straight from the store to your house.

It's OK. Some people send stuff directly with notes, but that is definitely slower; some folks order directly from vendors, where that personal touch isn't really an option. It's all good.

sasha_d3ath
Jun 3, 2016

Ban-thing the man-things.
LIGHTNING ROUND HAS ARRIVED

Some lovely little 2D plastic folk! I included pics of the note ands the bagged minis, as well as my favorites of the spell pack (within the constraint of a limited number of stands) so y'all can see what it looks like. It was signed from The Bloop, so thank you, mysterious, radar-shatteringly loud TG Secret Santa. I shall use them well.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TK_Nyarlathotep posted:

LIGHTNING ROUND HAS ARRIVED

Some lovely little 2D plastic folk! I included pics of the note ands the bagged minis, as well as my favorites of the spell pack (within the constraint of a limited number of stands) so y'all can see what it looks like. It was signed from The Bloop, so thank you, mysterious, radar-shatteringly loud TG Secret Santa. I shall use them well.

Glad you like them, I hope they serve you well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Leperflesh posted:

It's OK. Some people send stuff directly with notes, but that is definitely slower; some folks order directly from vendors, where that personal touch isn't really an option. It's all good.

Yeah, adding wrapping + a note delayed my gift by about a week. I'm glad to see that it made it there in one piece, though!