Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

TeeQueue posted:

My first full playthrough took about 110-120 hours from start to credits, if I remember right?

I've done a lot of messing around since then, to be fair.

I pretty much stopped playing (to go to Ruina) after credits, and have 137.5 hours. And that was with the LP providing some guidance. I did have an unnecessary Day 1 reset in there, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Theantero posted:

Binah seems to be trapped in a constant state of mind-torture she cannot even go insane to escape from, because even when A is thrown a softball like 'what do we do with this Evil Corporate Supercop?', he cannot help but pick the worst possible option. Really, it's almost remarkable how he manages to do it every single time he does anything :v:

I don't know about that. He needed someone to do this job which is apparently a step above the rest of the hosed up stuff in the facility, and he probably wanted revenge on top of that. Makes sense to kill two birds with one stone and give her that job and trap her into... this.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

the Orb of Zot posted:

What the gently caress is Binah dealing with here?

Getting the feeling she's busy dredging up all the abnormalities we stock the facility with so.. she deals with the source where they come from? At least thats how I interpret the whole "There's this well and I keep pulling water from it" metaphor thingie. Probably lovecraftian.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Robindaybird posted:

And we've seen with Giovanni/Netz that A is willing to manipulate other people's feelings for Carmen.
Yeah. Like, don't get me wrong, I don't think it was an altruistic move on his part, because there's a ton of the Sephirot who seem to be explicitly being punished or at least in a bad situation A didn't really care to address or emphasize with before he was X. But I think probably part of him wanted to keep the kids around because Carmen loved them. Interesting thought, though... we never see what happened to Lisa. Enoch died in an experiment and seems to have wanted to die in the hopes of ???? because he's a weird kid, Lisa blamed Carmen for it, Carmen blamed Carmen for it, Carmen died, Lisa ?????? and then the massacre hit. Feels weird when the least dark option is that Binah casually stabbed a kid for being in the way.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Evil Kit posted:

Alternatively they were literally the only ones available at the time after a facility wide massacre? It is a mystery not even the end of the game may resolve at this rate. Very interested in Chesed's and Gebura's suppressions now.

By that line of logic Michelle/Hod is an outlier as she wasn't anywhere near available after the massacre.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

the Orb of Zot posted:

What the gently caress is Binah dealing with here?

She’s trying to dig into the mines of Moria and walk to the surface

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Materant posted:

By that line of logic Michelle/Hod is an outlier as she wasn't anywhere near available after the massacre.

Perhaps they ended up becoming the original boxbot test subjects which would explain why they're a bit more... simplistic? Unaware maybe? Vs going deeper into the middle and lower levels where the boxbots are a bit more in the know about what is going on because they got made closer to the accident and weren't just prototypes? This is all just theory of course.

On an unrelated note, art is hard.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
What happened to Tibereth again? I forgot.

NAME REDACTED
Dec 22, 2010
... Okay, I've gotta ask. I can't be the only person who thinks of this bit from Twin Peaks Season 3 every time Binah talks about The Well and Drawing Water From It, right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ShRdYm2ogE

I've been trying to think of a way to fanart this tenuous connection but the only things I can come up with are beyond my capability to execute, so it is the thread's problem, now.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Mindblast posted:

Getting the feeling she's busy dredging up all the abnormalities we stock the facility with so.. she deals with the source where they come from? At least thats how I interpret the whole "There's this well and I keep pulling water from it" metaphor thingie. Probably lovecraftian.

This runs into the "abnormalities are too varied to have a single source they all spring from" problem, and then more importantly the "Binah speaks in so goddamn many metaphors and Capitalized Words that I'm having severe Xenogears flashbacks" problem to make my head hurt trying to figure out what she's actually talking about.

Is this what White Damage is like?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

jimmydalad posted:

In about 3 hours, Fubuki, one of the biggest Vtubers in Hololive, is going to be playing Lobotomy Corporation: https://youtu.be/Huwnudda2yM

Seeing this game reach relatively popular streamers is not what I was expecting, but is exciting.

I want to know what sort of modding tools she uses. She's added some cosmetic options to make the agents look more like her fellow VTubers, like adding in Kanata's star-shuriken-halo thingy and Subaru's distinctive hat.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

golden bubble posted:

I want to know what sort of modding tools she uses. She's added some cosmetic options to make the agents look more like her fellow VTubers, like adding in Kanata's star-shuriken-halo thingy and Subaru's distinctive hat.

That’s all theoretically possible without getting into BaseMod or other modding tools, there’s instructions on the steam community page on how to add unique heads and hairstyles.

MiiNiPaa
Jan 19, 2020

the Orb of Zot posted:

This runs into the "abnormalities are too varied to have a single source they all spring from" problem
Except this is not a problem at all. It is a theory based on "too varied". Which also runs into "even professional mercenary army lack tools to effectively fight Abnormalities" and "outside of deterrence Abnormalities are even stronger" problems: even something like -02 would laid waste to Outskirts with no hope of stopping it if some Abnormalities existed in the City before.
We don't even know what Abnormality stories are. Some of them looks like research logs, some like fairy tales, some like urban legends. For example: All-Around Helper. I can easily see it being an urban legend extracted into real world. Next to it there is a fan which will suffocate you if you leave it unattended. Birds and Girls could be [distorted?] parts of local fairy tales.
(Also, strictly speaking, all abnormalities did come from a single source: minds of developers)

the Orb of Zot posted:

more importantly the "Binah speaks in so goddamn many metaphors and Capitalized Words that I'm having severe Xenogears flashbacks" problem to make my head hurt trying to figure out what she's actually talking about.

She is C U L T U R E D and also is an assasing sent to destroy your lab and kill you, who you subjected to the eternity of mental torture. I think she might want to get even here.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

the Orb of Zot posted:

This runs into the "abnormalities are too varied to have a single source they all spring from" problem, and then more importantly the "Binah speaks in so goddamn many metaphors and Capitalized Words that I'm having severe Xenogears flashbacks" problem to make my head hurt trying to figure out what she's actually talking about.

They are very varied, yes! But you could skirt around that problem by(I've only played lobotomy cobotomy days 1-4 idk how right I am*) by making the source be "the dark side of human imagination, physically manifest" or something.

*I said I would admire this game at a distance but I got it in the last sale it was in. I.... am exactly as poor at plate spinning as I remembered. My brain is screaming at me that it isn't wired for this sort of thing. :negative:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Mindblast posted:

*I said I would admire this game at a distance but I got it in the last sale it was in. I.... am exactly as poor at plate spinning as I remembered. My brain is screaming at me that it isn't wired for this sort of thing. :negative:

Give it your very best shot, and if ever it gets to feel like too much then feel free to use this thread tearing the game apart as a form of catharsis. :buddy:

Lobcorp is actually really hard, I promise-don't let it get to you. Best of luck to you.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

the Orb of Zot posted:

Well, both games have a lot to do with -The Power-, so...

Xenav
Feb 21, 2012

After what we've seen, we're going to need more than THAT to save us...
So, Chesed. My brain kept reminding me of another man who chugged coffee and talked in riddles, so I had to do this. This LP has made me churn out more stupid/silly artwork than anywhere else. Ideas keep flowing, and there's yet another I had, but given how we haven't seen the involved abnormality... They can sit on the warmer for now.
As an aside, I also have about 6 different variants to this picture, because I kept not liking how some of them came out. I'm no artist, but I know how to splice pictures together.

I've also been "Helping" another person I know who is playing the game blind themselves, their first death (and immediate reset, since it killed all 5 of his agents. Day 3.) went to -02, who kept being his problem until he learned how to keep that one calm... Until day 8, where he pulled -69... and he doesn't have a single person who can deal with -69 NORMALLY... but he does have 'You Must be Happy' from day 4, so I think he can pull it though if he figures that out. It's been fun watching his days, since he's kinda both reckless and cautious, where he keeps the abnormalities being worked as often as possible, but he also keeps every single department filled, to keep a high head count. Good for keeping control, bad for training people up.

sorcrane
Jul 30, 2017

Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take flight!

So we can expect X to have coffee dripped on his head at some point, got it.

This is a wonderful crossover. :allears:

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

sorcrane posted:

So we can expect X to have coffee dripped on his head at some point, got it.

This is a wonderful crossover. :allears:

If the Chesed suppression were just a Phoenix Wright crossover where random clerks start dying around the facility and you have to gather evidence and accuse the correct anomaly before each meltdown period, that would be absolutely amazing. And then it turns out that Chesed killed all of them because he is an AI and this is a videogame

DrKirre
Jun 11, 2014

Am I a mouse dreaming I'm a cat, or a scratching post dreaming I'm a bowl of wet food? Never assume what you see and feel is real!
Mmm... wet food...
Would the Forsaken Murderer be Larry Butts in this instance?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
We better get to call Punishing Bird to the stand for Cross Examination.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Theantero posted:

We better get to call Punishing Bird to the stand for Cross Examination.

Perhaps you'd like to cross-examine the Bird for a little comic relief, hmm?

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Edgeworth would make a good Sephirot.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
A bit behind, but this nonsense was rattling around in my head so I had to get head it out

quote:

Ahead is a door to another dimension. A dimension of bird imagination. A dimension of bird sounds. You unlock this door with birds. The bird is up ahead. Your next sto — wait, is that a dragon?"

Tatters
Jan 29, 2020
I just want to make it known that I have imortalized Paul, Ishmael and the robot that the cognition filter thought was Bishop in my playthrough of library of ruina, for the sake of honoring the dead, clearly.

sorcrane
Jul 30, 2017

Birds with beautiful wings! Gather on the battlefield and take flight!
Talow's Record of Everything: Day 34, Attempt ###

code:
talow$ tt2p start
activating memory repository ............. done
syncing tt2 documents ............. done
starting tt2 protocol .............
   _   _   _     _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _  
  / \ / \ / \   / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ 
 ( T | T | 2 ) ( P | r | o | t | o | c | o | l )
  \_/ \_/ \_/   \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ \_/ 

Warning: Improper usage of TT2 Protocol will result in employee termination.

talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ get log day34_###
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ show day34_###

code:
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ get footage day_34_###
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ preview day_34_###_00351

quote:

Ishmael: My body is but the lees of my better being!
Punishing Bird: :argh:
Medea: Any of you hear something?

code:
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ preview day_34_###_02066

quote:

Clerks: Miss Tenebrais is here to save us! :swoon:

code:
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ preview day_34_###_02190

quote:

Tenebrais: To best the anglerfish, I must become the anglerfish! Anglerbird? Hm.

code:
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ preview day_34_###_04040

quote:

Tenebrais: BIRDS!
Punishing Bird: :supaburn:

code:
talow@readytothrowinthetalow$ exit
syncing tt2 documents ............. done
shutting down memory repository ............. done
closing tt2 protocol ............. done                                                                  
talow$ exit

[session completed]

BoxofWoe
Jan 12, 2019
:five::five::five::five::five::five:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
wow

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Holy poo poo.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

:emptyquote:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

:emptyquote:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Absolutely incredible.

I have the biggest dumb grin on my face right now.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Holy crap :allears::allears::allears:

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
TeeQueue definitely didn't save enough space for fanart.

DimiPZC
Jul 29, 2020

The very bestest!
:five: :five: :five:

The chat log and the punishing bird wrestle are my favorites :3

NHO
Jun 25, 2013

I got no idea what's going on with that log. Sorry. Explanation, please?

UneditedBear
Dec 11, 2020
Man, the level of creativity from this thread is amazing. Keep up the great content folks!

Chaosbrain
Jun 13, 2013

Mad and loving it.

NHO posted:

Seconding this.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
:aaaaa: :drat: That some great stuff up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

NHO posted:

It's the team leaders' chat server. They're setting up for the big Apocalypse Bird Fight day. As the managers start rolling in, they check everyone is present to start strategising. Tenebrais isn't there, and on checking the logs for username/status changes they discover she went off to start messing with the birds hours ago.