Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Photex posted:

I miss Aztec being in the competitive pool

Bring back dust 1 volvo ples

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
You guys were right, after playing competitive playing casual is just lame. Too much of a chance of getting very different skill levels going on. I think re-takes is my new favorite short term game mode for when I don’t have time for a full match. The only issue I’ve had with the game mode is on Nuke not remembering which site the bomb is planted and clearing out A only for the bomb to go off at B.

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

V for Vegans posted:

You guys were right, after playing competitive playing casual is just lame. Too much of a chance of getting very different skill levels going on. I think re-takes is my new favorite short term game mode for when I don’t have time for a full match. The only issue I’ve had with the game mode is on Nuke not remembering which site the bomb is planted and clearing out A only for the bomb to go off at B.

that's the classic nuke experience. technically i think the bomb sounds are different but i get them mixed up anyway.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
My proest tip on not getting confused by the sounds on nuke is to never queue for it

I've pretty much exclusively played inferno, mirage, overpass and train for the last 5 years and my life has been better for it

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Bohemian Nights posted:

My proest tip on not getting confused by the sounds on nuke is to never queue for it

^^^^
I solo queued for the new MM mode where you do the voting and the other members of my idiot team decided to do an LOL NEWK vote and we got smashed 1-15 it was awesome let me tell you

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Nuke is my favourite map

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!
Now that I've played the new maps a couple times, I have to say that I like Engage quite a bit and I wanted to share some observations about it.

-You'll see little red boxes in a number of the hallways (like a fire alarm) and they seem to mark the spot where you become visible to someone holding the first angle when trying to peek mid to enter a site
-Found a safe smoke to block the end of T-mid so you can take short-B
-There are windows high on the A-side of mid that let you throw utility into A and you can smoke both sides of the upper-CT if you have mid control. The right side one seems to be the most useful since it blocks the long angle looking into A-main
-There is an easy cross smoke from short-B that cuts the B site in half (similar to the A cross smoke on Cache) but I haven't found any other lineups from a safe place
-I also haven't found any useful smokes for A that aren't thrown from mid

I'll post the smoke lineups when I get a chance but I thought the other stuff would be useful for anyone who was playing it for the first time or trying to figure out nades.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My favorite part of the game is when someone's running in and clearing angles, just following in their footsteps literally right behind them. Do they need to counter strafe? gently caress that, that's my space now.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Sometimes I tell my teammate I'm throwing a flash but really I just throw it wherever. If it hits it hits.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
New challenges this week make you have to win 20 rounds on hostage on the NASA map and I have no idea how to play hostage with 5v5, especially since I thought the T spawn was a rescue zone so I kept running to cover the other side of the map and completely screwing over my team. Didn’t realize my mistake until I was on CT and carried a hostage to the other side of the map while my team told me I was full of poo poo for saying there was an evac zone there. We actually ended up going on an amazing run at the end while being match point up to maybe 9 wins total but then lost when someone tried to knife the last T with the hostage on his back.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Crosshair placement is more of a suggestion than a necessity. Crying over the microphone in warmup? Sometimes you just have to let it out.

Now that's a necessity.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Tqcu3u39Y

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

V for Vegans posted:

New challenges this week make you have to win 20 rounds on hostage on the NASA map and I have no idea how to play hostage with 5v5, especially since I thought the T spawn was a rescue zone so I kept running to cover the other side of the map and completely screwing over my team. Didn’t realize my mistake until I was on CT and carried a hostage to the other side of the map while my team told me I was full of poo poo for saying there was an evac zone there. We actually ended up going on an amazing run at the end while being match point up to maybe 9 wins total but then lost when someone tried to knife the last T with the hostage on his back.

I was trying to get my MVP stars for this weeks' mission and kept getting paired up with Silver Elites and SEM as a Silver I so am bottom fragging like crazy and progress is slow.

It is very interesting though the difference in the skill levels from Silver I/II where I hang out to how guys play at SE/SEM - utility usage way better, aim way better, communication way better, way less flaming and guys were much nicer to me than I would have expected (not quite goonman levels but still nice)

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Last time I played in mid silver (just a couple of games, so admittedly a small sample size) I was pleasantly surprised at how much people actually tried playing the game correctly. Aim, spray control, movement and game sense was obviously non-existent, but people generally seemed to at least try using utility and playing like a team

I think the average skill level of silvers has increased quite a bit over the years , because it looked more like my first jaunt through low master guardian from a million years ago, than the silver games I smurfed in way back when

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I remember top fragging with only a knife up to about Silver 4 in the old days, so probably.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So this week you can only get 6 stars from the challenges, with all other challenges just giving an XP boost. Is there any point to grinding out the other challenges? I mean, I’m enjoying the battlepass and how it makes me play different modes, plus the new matchmaking mode in game with map banning and stuff is pretty fun. The pistol kills in casual was wicked funny because the whole lobby was running around with deagles and kicking anyone who used a real rifle.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Did they tune the economy in casual mode? I used to stay far away from casual when I last played (probably like a year ago) because it'd just devolve into everyone holding awps and autosnipers. But I played some matches today and it felt...really good? It felt more balanced money-wise and I had a blast. I also assumed that the non-comp maps would suck but I had a great time on Engage, Canals, and Ancient. I'd love to play more competitive mode but I have a baby and it's hard to commit to 30-45mins of uninterruptible time.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

giogadi posted:

Did they tune the economy in casual mode? I used to stay far away from casual when I last played (probably like a year ago) because it'd just devolve into everyone holding awps and autosnipers. But I played some matches today and it felt...really good? It felt more balanced money-wise and I had a blast. I also assumed that the non-comp maps would suck but I had a great time on Engage, Canals, and Ancient. I'd love to play more competitive mode but I have a baby and it's hard to commit to 30-45mins of uninterruptible time.

As someone short on time, Retakes is a new mode and it is loving quick and awesome. I dunno if it is available yet without the new mission pass though.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

You can plya without the dlc thing

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

V for Vegans posted:

The pistol kills in casual was wicked funny because the whole lobby was running around with deagles and kicking anyone who used a real rifle.
We had a toxic player that just got his Deagle kill stars on the casual server and at the last round we vote kicked him.

quote:

Did they tune the economy in casual mode? I used to stay far away from casual when I last played (probably like a year ago) because it'd just devolve into everyone holding awps and autosnipers.
No. But the use of autos has been frowned upon for a long time. The quality of players seem to be higher at the moment with the Operation going on at the moment. But AWPs are still used widely.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
1.15 800dpi

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
1.2@800 tbh ngl

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
4.3@800 default csgo mouse accel curve & extreme angle snapping

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Kehveli posted:

4.3@800 default csgo mouse accel curve & extreme angle snapping

:stare:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
.84 @ 2400

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Disgusting

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

.986@800 (1680x1050 black bars :greencube:)

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
aiming left at 400 dpi 2.4 sense

aiming right at 800 dpi 1.2 sense

aiming down at 200 dpi 4.8 sense

aiming up at 100 dpi. 9.6 sense, mouse accel on

s to fire, w to walk

control to fire

shift to goku bind

mouse 1 to strafe right

mouse 2 to strafe left

space key, enter key, right shift, numpad 9,2 and 5, + and - and \ = jump

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
forza foot pad at 4 lbs pressure = gameshark bind

forza foot pad at 8 lbs pressure = kill bind (3 kill)

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Someone please post fetal dave's control scheme again for me thanks

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

interrodactyl posted:

Someone please post fetal dave's control scheme again for me thanks

gotchu fam

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Kazinsal posted:

gotchu fam

lol every time.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Not so long ago I saw Dave’s setup posted in some random part of the forums, I sent it to him on discord and he was very honored to be a meme

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Kazinsal posted:

gotchu fam

jesus christ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Tetramin posted:

Not so long ago I saw Dave’s setup posted in some random part of the forums, I sent it to him on discord and he was very honored to be a meme

ive shared it with people a couple times because its so fully psycho lmao

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

And the wildest part is he's actually good.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

The freakshow lineup

Fetaldave.cfg
Ephedra left-handed inverted
Minineo mouseaccel
Glass crosshair
Refu

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

I see no one on that list who's an accomplished cod gun user, teams gonna fail

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!
Someone lit the bat signal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

dont you have a molotov to stand in instead of cyberbullying upstanding members of the shootman community