Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prof. Crocodile

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted my kids

Holy crap dude. The last few B&W pieces you have done are professional grade stuff.

You've come a long way from the guy who couldn't even get pants and bodies on the same sketch pad. :byob1:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Desperate to hear about these bear asses :f5:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Sid your paintings are really really striking lately, I love them more than ever.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

alnilam

My 2 year old loves singing ABCs, but her latest opinion on them is that the big ones are for mamas and dadas, and the little ones are for babies

alnilam

Apologies to all my childless adult friends, you are no longer allowed to use ABCs unless we invent some kind of medium sized one

ty manifisto

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

this is terrible; everyone is just going to have to post via crudely drawn pictures

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
it's ok, i know i'm really a child

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted my kids

:eyepop:

holy cow

are u doing any tutorials or just freeballin it because WOW :)

SIDS Vicious

Slush Garbo posted:

:eyepop:

holy cow

are u doing any tutorials or just freeballin it because WOW :)

i sketch out the basic shapes of the outline of their heads and then just freehand fill it in as it seems right to me, halfway through all of them i say wow this looks like poo poo but then when I'm finished I'm like wow this doesn't look like poo poo any more

Prof. Crocodile

alnilam posted:

Apologies to all my childless adult friends, you are no longer allowed to use ABCs unless we invent some kind of medium sized one

I prefer to communicate in smilies and gifs anyway. :smug:

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Sid Vicious posted:

i sketch out the basic shapes of the outline of their heads and then just freehand fill it in as it seems right to me, halfway through all of them i say wow this looks like poo poo but then when I'm finished I'm like wow this doesn't look like poo poo any more

this is the thing i have an incredibly hard time getting over any time i try to do things

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Sid Vicious posted:

i painted my kids

These are pretty great, it's a good style. How long does it take you to do one? The style *looks like* you could knock them out pretty fast, but I know how deceptive that can be.

SIDS Vicious

they don't take long, I'm sure as i improve and learn better techniques it might take me longer but other than waiting for a layer to dry they only take about a half an hour total painting time

xcheopis

How Wonderful! posted:

Thank you for the nice words everybody, I was really shaken up but maybe the trial by fire is part of the 18 hour probation ritual. I didn't really mind losing my phone and wallet because those are easy enough to replace but I did get roughed up and when they found out I was trans they did and said some pretty un-byob stuff. No permanent harm done though.

I should mention that all this happened while I was on my way to pick up burritos for dinner so GaG please be careful if you decide to pursue this vexed cuisine, you never know what snares and hazards lie along The Path.

Relieved that you are otherwise all right. :sympathy:

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

How Wonderful!

Rarity posted:

Desperate to hear about these bear asses :f5:

Basically and I think this has been disproven or challenged by actual bear scientists, but what I read awhile ago is that before bears hibernate they eat a ton of hard to digest stuff to suppress their appetites during the winter. Basically a big bear buttplug made out of hair and roots and stuff. They basically give themselves mega constipation so they can rest in peace without getting hungry. Then when they wake up they have to have this one big horrible poop of sediment which gets it all out of their system so they can get back to it and go around eating picnic baskets and such.

Anyway I think about this often when I have a period where I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and not doing meaningful work. Eventually the blockage passes and I feel much better. Like a bear buttplug shooting out into the spring sunshine.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Worth the wait :five:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

How Wonderful! posted:

Basically and I think this has been disproven or challenged by actual bear scientists, but what I read awhile ago is that before bears hibernate they eat a ton of hard to digest stuff to suppress their appetites during the winter. Basically a big bear buttplug made out of hair and roots and stuff. They basically give themselves mega constipation so they can rest in peace without getting hungry. Then when they wake up they have to have this one big horrible poop of sediment which gets it all out of their system so they can get back to it and go around eating picnic baskets and such.

Anyway I think about this often when I have a period where I feel like I'm not getting anywhere and not doing meaningful work. Eventually the blockage passes and I feel much better. Like a bear buttplug shooting out into the spring sunshine.

This is beautiful.

Stoner Sloth

more falafel please posted:

ugh, gently caress that, I'm so sorry, you don't deserve that.

byob is about being nice to people but I won't extend that courtesy to transphobes. gently caress transphobes

e: anyway I hope today is better than yesterday.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

This is beautiful.

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Stoner Sloth

going for the triple post combo - two empties and a 'hi how you doin' BYOB! you all look lovely this evening/morning/etc and i hope that things are either going well or on the way to getting better. much love to you all!'

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Stoner Sloth posted:

going for the triple post combo

S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SUPER COMBO!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

David Cornwell, aka John le Carre, died at age 89 from complications of COVID. He was the author of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and The Constant Gardener.

I'm a little sad.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Kief Richards posted:

David Cornwell, aka John le Carre, died at age 89 from complications of COVID. He was the author of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and The Constant Gardener.

I'm a little sad.

shoot I love John le Carre. 'Spy who came in from the cold' and the whole Karla trilogy are soo good.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Sid Vicious posted:

they don't take long, I'm sure as i improve and learn better techniques it might take me longer but other than waiting for a layer to dry they only take about a half an hour total painting time
You could probably make pretty good money painting commissions in that style at that speed. Especially if you can do as good a job with dogs.

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

shoot I love John le Carre. 'Spy who came in from the cold' and the whole Karla trilogy are soo good.

Yeah, I think Spy Who Came in from the Cold is probably the best entry point for anyone wanting to get a taste of le Carre.

Stoner Sloth

Kief Richards posted:

I'm a little sad.

oh no... that sucks :smith:

loving COVID

How Wonderful!

John Le Carre was one of the great prose writers of the 20th century and was absolutely without parallel in terms of tight, concise plotting. He was completely one of a kind in a crowded genre and there is nobody else like him to fill his shoes, what an absolute loss for the world.

biosterous

- gently caress transphobia and transphobic trash people
- oh no john le carre :(
- gently caress i miss playing bass with people, it really hit me today that it has been missing for like nine months now
- i like byob, and the orbs who post in it
- gonna eat a leftover
- people should draw eggs for blaise rascal's game, it's fun to make an egg. an egg is almost an orb!!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Bingo Bango

Every few months I think about picking up my bass again and seeing if I remember how to play it. It's been about 16 years, but I think I can probably remember some of the songs from my jam band days.

I guess what I'm saying is, the two b's BYOB stand for double bass.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Sid Vicious posted:

:hfive: rock on wit yer bad self

B33rChiller

welp, that'll learn me yet again not to post in unfamiliar territory. I got lucky here. Apparently the videogame awards have minimum standards for chiming in buried under a few thousand words in the op.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Prof. Crocodile

B33rChiller posted:

welp, that'll learn me yet again not to post in unfamiliar territory. I got lucky here. Apparently the videogame awards have minimum standards for chiming in buried under a few thousand words in the op.

They were very un-BYOB to me when I nominated the Tiger Handheld Wheel of Fortune. :sigh:

Heather Papps

hello friend

i try not to post outside of byob because if a post is worth making it belongs here

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

like this post for example: sundays are visit gramma and have dinner and today we watched home alone. did you know that when joe pesci extinguishes his flaming hat in the snow the burnt away bald patch is in the shape of a snowflake. i didn't, till today!

sure i could have posted this in a film based forum but no way byob i like everything about this stylesheet.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i'm back from the chess and cheese date

let's just say

there was no chess

only cheese

(it went pretty okay and we mutually agreed to maybe have another date)

Prof. Crocodile

aldantefax posted:

i'm back from the chess and cheese date

let's just say

there was no chess

only cheese

(it went pretty okay and we mutually agreed to maybe have another date)

In my experience chess is the most romantic thing in the world, but I am happy that you were able to prevail even without the seductive rhythms of the Albin Countergambit.

B33rChiller

Heather Papps posted:

like this post for example: sundays are visit gramma and have dinner and today we watched home alone. did you know that when joe pesci extinguishes his flaming hat in the snow the burnt away bald patch is in the shape of a snowflake. i didn't, till today!

sure i could have posted this in a film based forum but no way byob i like everything about this stylesheet.

wisdom

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Derpies

by sebmojo

Enchilada time

Robot Made of Meat

Derpies posted:

Enchilada time

Oh yeah!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

Heck yeah enchiladas.

I'm going for tacos tomorrow, so I can beat the taco Tuesday crowds.