Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

redleader posted:

stiff upper lip then. we didn't defeat the germans by whinging about "no eggs"
Hitler

only had one egg

engerland

will have adequate eggs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Adequate wet eggs that is

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

I'm sure our Japanese trade deal will flood the UK market with delicious kobe beef. If they send us their entire annual herd of 3000 cattle, that'll be one cow for every 21,000 people. Google says kobe beef sells at £150 for a 300g (10oz) steak, and that's the post-trade deal price. Can't wait to finally try some along with my 50p pack of udon noodles.

God, they really had to reach to find 10 things for that list.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Woke Pob posted:

I'm sure our Japanese trade deal will flood the UK market with delicious kobe beef. If they send us their entire annual herd of 3000 cattle, that'll be one cow for every 21,000 people. Google says kobe beef sells at £150 for a 300g (10oz) steak, and that's the post-trade deal price. Can't wait to finally try some along with my 50p pack of udon noodles.

God, they really had to reach to find 10 things for that list.

support the canadian trade deal by purchasing extra gold and softwood lumber when you step out to the shops for egg

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
buy a second and even a third home

diversify your egg portfolio by putting an egg in each

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

the hoover one might be my favourite. It captures the whole boomer brexit mindset and I didn't even know it was a thing they were mad at. Send a MESSAGE to Brussels! :bahgawd:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Tesco: prices are going to rise 5%

Peter Bone: a farmer told me prices will fall :smug:

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1338458462695600128

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Recapturing the Blitz Spirit by voluntarily imposing food rationing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
good job we're all wealthy and have been in a period of economic prosperity for the last decade or this would be really bad

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
finally, panic! at the tesco will be real

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

bitterandtwisted posted:

the hoover one might be my favourite. It captures the whole boomer brexit mindset and I didn't even know it was a thing they were mad at. Send a MESSAGE to Brussels! :bahgawd:

That one got them really mad and it's so stupid. Improvements in the efficiency of components and improved airflow means they just don't need as much raw power as they used to. Our old cleaner died last year. We bought a mid-range lower-energy replacement. The first time we ran it over our 'clean' living room floor, which had been vacuumed a few days before, we filled the dust trap with fine dust and cat hairs that the old one hadn't caught.

Appliance manufacturers aren't going to start making energy-burning inefficient cleaners specially for the UK market.

They must get so mad every time they go to their kitchen and see that the washing machine has a 30C cool wash option and their dishwasher has a water-saving mode.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

They haven't cottoned on that EU cares about other appliances too. (except lighbulbs and kettles I think?)

And everyone in the industry and the government is very much quietly thankful for that.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Woke Pob posted:

That one got them really mad and it's so stupid. Improvements in the efficiency of components and improved airflow means they just don't need as much raw power as they used to. Our old cleaner died last year. We bought a mid-range lower-energy replacement. The first time we ran it over our 'clean' living room floor, which had been vacuumed a few days before, we filled the dust trap with fine dust and cat hairs that the old one hadn't caught.

Appliance manufacturers aren't going to start making energy-burning inefficient cleaners specially for the UK market.

They must get so mad every time they go to their kitchen and see that the washing machine has a 30C cool wash option and their dishwasher has a water-saving mode.

What's the EU position on wash house coppers to beat the laundry in?

Jaeluni Asjil has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Dec 14, 2020

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

forkboy84 posted:

I'll have you know we signed a very important deal with North Macedonia and they have yellow in their flag.
The Richard the Lionheart exception.

Woke Pob posted:

Consider this: a 1600W vacuum with modern technology. That's the kind of power British boomers deserve, able to rip their arm out of their socket the modern they power it on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm glad that everyone who works for the newspapers responsible for this are also going to be hosed over by it

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The Richard the Lionheart exception.

Consider this: a 1600W vacuum with modern technology. That's the kind of power British boomers deserve, able to rip their arm out of their socket the modern they power it on.

"I'm not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as I'm slowly sucked up and transformed into a Dyson dustball.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

i'm glad that everyone who works for the newspapers responsible for this are also going to be hosed over by it

That's optimistic after this many years of just the worst people getting their own way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

That's optimistic after this many years of just the worst people getting their own way

most mail/sun/express employees work for a lovely newspaper and won't have the roles that pay well. i have no sympathy at all for anyone who works for them

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Woke Pob posted:

"I'm not owned! im not owned!!", i continue to insist as I'm slowly sucked up and transformed into a Dyson dustball.

Didn't they Dyson guy vote for Brexit because Rule Britania and then loving left after Brexit went through?

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

lmao at the KKKingdom of Eng£££and

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

An insane mind posted:

Didn't they Dyson guy vote for Brexit because Rule Britania and then loving left after Brexit went through?

Yeah, also moved his company HQ to Singapore.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

An insane mind posted:

he specifically said he thought getting rid of workers rights through brexit would make the UK a more productive country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

incredible really that boris was maybe an upgrade on his fiance's ex

https://twitter.com/cymrurouge/status/1338971115394363394?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jose posted:

incredible really that boris was maybe an upgrade on his fiance's ex

https://twitter.com/cymrurouge/status/1338971115394363394?s=20

35 years old

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

po

tay

toes

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
he's the inadequate egg

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

imagining him as a decadent officer in pirates of penzance

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

he specifically said he thought getting rid of workers rights through brexit would make the UK a more productive country

yeah getting rid of workers and human rights is basically the whole point

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gripweed posted:

I know that a no-deal Brexit would cause problems with shipping between Britain and Europe, but what about between Britain and the rest of the world? Should Americans be stockpiling Warhammer now?

Prices are going to go up but that's just GW's way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

you'd think with us suddenly needing to make a load of trade deals with other countries loving them over like this at the very start might have been taken into consideration

https://twitter.com/jasonhickel/status/1338901070047809538?s=20

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

Jose posted:

you'd think with us suddenly needing to make a load of trade deals with other countries loving them over like this at the very start might have been taken into consideration

https://twitter.com/jasonhickel/status/1338901070047809538?s=20

if they all die we can send the navy over and nick their unicef aid

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Colonialism loving sucks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

90s Cringe Rock posted:

if they all die we can send the navy over and nick their unicef aid

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1339050969313792000?s=20

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006

we've got a taste for it now, you see

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/Edwina_Currie/status/1339155190092607489
John Major got pegged

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

there will be adequate peg

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Hey, you guys made the New York Times! :downs:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1339504390944792576

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://twitter.com/MirrorPolitics/status/1339541300446715904

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

why are they using dollars like it’s real money, not pounds.