Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Invalid Validation posted:

Jesus 17000 a year that house must be in the millions. he deserved it.

Well, that or they determined that it was a poorly constructed fire hazard that was likely to burn down soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Ok don’t start making sense on me.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

MunchE posted:

Buried the lede on the fact that this chud:
- Literally has a huge house that was built to look like a castle
- Didn't buy fire insurance because he thought they wanted too much and was confident his all brick paradise was immune to fire

Okay good someone else is talking about this but I'm not gonna untype what I did

Were his bootstraps, his bible and his gun incinerated in the fire?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Is it too soon to say “Post Trump supporters realising Trump’s going to die under Biden here”?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Is it too soon to say “Post Trump supporters realising Trump’s going to die under Biden here”?

Assholes live forever...

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Well in that case it’s no less accurate than the current title

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

Assholes live forever...

Hold one up and the caress it?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Trump's gonna live to like 90 and be a bipartisan hero by 2030 like Dubbya and Reagan are now lol, just get used to it now

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

uber_stoat posted:

God's Plan is whatever stupid selfish poo poo i decide to do. YOLO

For the record:

A: Adam an tend the Garden by himself.

B: He needs a helpmeet, which'll be fine so long as they don't eat the apples.

C: Kick them out of the Garden to tend for themselves.

D: They're doing what ? Kill everyone except 12 people and make a Covenant with the survivors.

E: They're being dicks to each other, maybe I should go down and see things for myself.

So by a strict reading of the Bible, God's on Plan E. If he's got one for me, I'm worried.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Epic High Five posted:

Trump's gonna live to like 90 and be a bipartisan hero by 2030 like Dubbya and Reagan are now lol, just get used to it now

Strangely, I don't think this is going to be true with Trump. It's the one thing I feel optimistic about, that he hosed up this year so spectacularly that he will forever be tied to 300k+ dead Americans and not buying enough vaccine (if that comes to be a problem, we'll see).

There's no rehabilitation, as far as I can see.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

His dad lived to 90 but was basically a vegetable for like a decade before that. And he was thin and exercised.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Strangely, I don't think this is going to be true with Trump. It's the one thing I feel optimistic about, that he hosed up this year so spectacularly that he will forever be tied to 300k+ dead Americans and not buying enough vaccine (if that comes to be a problem, we'll see).

dems rehabilitated bush because he went away after his presidency and stayed away. trump would absolutely be rehabbed if he could just shut up and go away but it’s the one thing he can never do

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Americans love death and do not give a poo poo about body count, he'll be pitched to us by DNC chair Pete in 2030 as "a flawed but otherwise reluctant to truly destroy the world President the likes of which we'd much rather see than the outright facist we oppose now in this, The Most Important Election Of Our Lives In 2030 against the radical social agenda of Senator Wheelchair Fascist Whose Name I can't Remember"

100% of liberal objections to Trump are decorum and tweets poo poo, they don't give a poo poo about policy and by June 2021 they will have forgotten all the other stuff. They'll be going 100% to rehab him as part of the project to bring all his staffers on board the Democratic project of being the retirement home of tossed out and semi-retired Republican war criminals

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Epic High Five posted:

Americans love death and do not give a poo poo about body count, he'll be pitched to us by DNC chair Pete in 2030 as "a flawed but otherwise reluctant to truly destroy the world President the likes of which we'd much rather see than the outright facist we oppose now in this, The Most Important Election Of Our Lives In 2030 against the radical social agenda of Senator Wheelchair Fascist Whose Name I can't Remember"

100% of liberal objections to Trump are decorum and tweets poo poo, they don't give a poo poo about policy and by June 2021 they will have forgotten all the other stuff. They'll be going 100% to rehab him as part of the project to bring all his staffers on board the Democratic project of being the retirement home of tossed out and semi-retired Republican war criminals

You forgot the team sports mentality. If he'd been elected as a Democrat, they would have endlessly browbeaten anybody who dared complain about the horrible poo poo he did.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Kreeblah posted:

You forgot the team sports mentality. If he'd been elected as a Democrat, they would have endlessly browbeaten anybody who dared complain about the horrible poo poo he did.

The democrat party is nothing but a retirement home for wayward and cast aside Republicans. Like Kasich and Dubya and Powell before him, once the next new thing comes up trump will become a rehabbed Republican ally of the democrats so long as he promises to keep pulling them right and attack the left

I've been almost almost 40 years and there has not been a single millisecond of my life that this has not been the case and it will almost certainly still be the case in 10 years when I'm told I no longer qualify for social security but I must still pay into it

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Leon Sumbitches posted:

At least half of all people are goldfish. Also goldfish people don't learn from history.

Hillary 2024 has issued a correction as of 08:15 on Dec 15, 2020

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Let me depress you: unless that vaccine comes out asap, is freely available to everyone, and is effective without longterm side effects, Biden will probably have more deaths from covid during his presidency than Trump, and the rightwing media machine will make Biden the covid fallguy

Kit Walker has issued a correction as of 10:50 on Dec 15, 2020

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kit Walker posted:

Let me depress you: unless that vaccine comes out asap, is freely available to everyone, and is effective without longterm side effects, Biden will probably have more deaths from covid during his presidency than Trump, and the rightwing media machine will make Biden the covid fallguy

One thing that you see in covid death graphs over and over and over is that the 'waves' usually have a much longer tail compared to the initial upswing, often with at least double the numbers. So even if the US's current wave suddenly ended today and started going back down again tomorrow there's at at least another 500,000 deaths baked into it before it'd drop back to zero, and that's the best case scenario. It's much more likely that we're only at the start of the Thanksgiving surge and there'll be a Christmas surge following that, so the peak is still a long way off.

It's a foregone conclusion that there'll be an even higher number of covid deaths in 2021 regardless of who the president might be.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Also no president has ever gone down trying to prevent a peaceful transition of power. So we’re in uncharted territory here. Which is not to say that the desperate need to normalize things won’t eventually take hold. But it’s been far from business as usual these last few months.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Leon Sumbitches posted:

If Trump actually leaves office and keeps tweeting, Dems will absolutely rehabilitate him in a hot second. He’ll be a sideshow rather than someone with actual power so they’ll be able to feel smugly superior while encouraging his capering. He’ll love the attention, play into it, and he’ll be hosting SNL within the year.

By March you’ll see Wacky Donald completely normalized. “Sure he helped kill 300k people but remember the McDonalds dinner! LOLOLOL”

It’s not gonna help matters that the McDonalds dinner was loving hilarious and boring-rear end Biden hasn’t done anything but continue to keep kids in cages and give cops free reign to murder anyone they consider Antifa.

The only variable will be how quickly the CHUDs abandon him and that depends on how quickly Trump performs for Hollywood liberals.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's much more likely that we're only at the start of the Thanksgiving surge and there'll be a Christmas surge following that, so the peak is still a long way off.

Don't forget New Year's!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
None of this poo poo it normal, but once Trump is in charge of nothing it's entirely possible some of his mystique goes away with it. If Melania leaves him and Twitter bans his rear end, then I think he'll lose most of his support.

Granted that depends on Twitter and the news media actually doing what they need to do and not keeping him around because he sells ads and is 'entertaining'. If he's de-platformed, its over. OAN and Newsmax don't have the kind of reach he needs.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Krispy Wafer posted:

None of this poo poo it normal, but once Trump is in charge of nothing it's entirely possible some of his mystique goes away with it.

He was in charge of nothing in 2015 and he had plenty of mystique then.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Krispy Wafer posted:

None of this poo poo it normal, but once Trump is in charge of nothing it's entirely possible some of his mystique goes away with it. If Melania leaves him and Twitter bans his rear end, then I think he'll lose most of his support.

Granted that depends on Twitter and the news media actually doing what they need to do and not keeping him around because he sells ads and is 'entertaining'. If he's de-platformed, its over. OAN and Newsmax don't have the kind of reach he needs.

Are you kidding? Conservative voters and media are busy constructing an alternate reality where Trump was cheated and will return again in 2024 and there's an actual on-going civil war against the "deep state".

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

the tlop cinematic universe

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Nothus posted:

Are you kidding? Conservative voters and media are busy constructing an alternate reality where Trump was cheated and will return again in 2024 and there's an actual on-going civil war against the "deep state".

I know my scenario relies heavily on thoughts and prayers. I'm going by what normally happens after someone loses a General Election, but it's nearly impossible to predict anything in regards to Trump.

I think Melania leaving him would hurt. His core base of deplorables would celebrate the return of bachelor Donald, but more bog standard Republicans would drift towards Cruz, Cotton, Sasse, etc.

Really, it's up to Twitter, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, etc. If he has a platform then he's dangerous.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Sorry, why does anyone give a poo poo about Melania? Besides the insane Catholic bloggers who came in their hairshirt when she wore a doily on her head?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

Sorry, why does anyone give a poo poo about Melania? Besides the insane Catholic bloggers who came in their hairshirt when she wore a doily on her head?

The Slovenian who chainsawed her likeness from scrap firewood.

Not the Slovenian who set it on fire though, lol

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think Melania leaving him would hurt. His core base of deplorables would celebrate the return of bachelor Donald, but more bog standard Republicans would drift towards Cruz, Cotton, Sasse, etc.

If she leaves him, she’s been corrupted by the Deep State or she’s golddigger and whatever.

They will never accept that it is his fault.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Platystemon posted:

If she leaves him, she’s been corrupted by the Deep State or she’s golddigger and whatever.

They will never accept that it is his fault.

His core won't. I'm counting on the people who blindly vote Republican whether it's the Zodiac killer or something worse like Trump. There's no reaching 20% of America. They're too far gone.

But it's like if he gets de-platformed. Most Fox viewers aren't going to try and figure out Roku channels to get OAN or Newsmax when their favorite grandson Fucker Carlson is still on Fox. Some will follow him, most won't.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

surprised this hasn't been posted so far:

quote:

A White House official who fell ill with Covid-19 in September is recovering after three months in the hospital, though he lost his right foot and lower leg in his battle against the virus, according to a friend.

congrats on being the first covid patient to require an amputation!

quote:

Crede Bailey, the director of the White House security office, was the most severely ill among dozens of Covid-19 cases known to be connected to the White House. Bailey’s family has asked the White House not to publicize his condition, and President Donald Trump has never publicly acknowledged his illness.

oh yeah, i'm sure that was a hefty request

quote:

Bailey’s friends have raised more than $30,000 for his rehabilitation through a GoFundMe account. The White House declined to say whether Trump has contributed to the effort.

which means they haven't given him a cent

quote:

After this story was published, McCrobie updated the GoFundMe page to advise Bailey’s friends to ignore messages from journalists. “Per Crede’s wishes, please let the media tell their story without your input,” she wrote.

even with an amputation, they still don't want to make trump look bad :lol:

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Mr Interweb posted:

congrats on being the first covid patient to require an amputation!

Nah, there was a broadway actor earlier this year who caught covid, had his leg amputated, and then he died.
Nick Cordero.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

kupachek posted:

Nah, there was a broadway actor earlier this year who caught covid, had his leg amputated, and then he died.
Nick Cordero.

eyyyyyyyyyyyy, mama mia!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah if you don't want to get any of your limbs amputated you should probably avoid catching covid

quote:

All patients with COVID-19 infection undergoing lower extremity CT angiography had at least one clot in the leg, compared with only 69% of controls. The clots in the COVID-19 patients were significantly larger and affected arteries higher up in the leg with greater frequency than those in controls. Death or limb amputation was more common in the COVID-19 patients.

"We found that arterial thrombosis associated with COVID-19 infection was characterized by dire outcomes, namely strikingly increased rates of amputation and death, which in our series were 25% and 38%, respectively," said study lead author Inessa A. Goldman, M.D., a radiologist at Montefiore and assistant professor at Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. "For comparison, the rate of both amputation and death was only 3% among controls. It is unclear whether the patients' concurrent COVID-19-related pneumonia, the virulence of the COVID-19-related clotting disorder or delayed initial arrival to the hospital contributed to these outcomes."
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/07/200716144706.htm

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

Yeah if you don't want to get any of your limbs amputated you should probably avoid catching covid

even if you do, covid is not the best way to go about it imho

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

doingitwrong posted:

Also no president has ever gone down trying to prevent a peaceful transition of power. So we’re in uncharted territory here. Which is not to say that the desperate need to normalize things won’t eventually take hold. But it’s been far from business as usual these last few months.

I read an article where Jennifer Rubin who is WaPos conservative columnist who used to get ridiculed on the daily show but is anti Trump so a radical leftist now was advocating that Biden can't just sweep poo poo under the rug and has to hold Trump's admin accountable for the things they've done which is somewhat promising? But it seems like all actual Democrats are keeping their heads down

Krispy Wafer posted:

His core won't. I'm counting on the people who blindly vote Republican whether it's the Zodiac killer or something worse like Trump. There's no reaching 20% of America. They're too far gone.

But it's like if he gets de-platformed. Most Fox viewers aren't going to try and figure out Roku channels to get OAN or Newsmax when their favorite grandson Fucker Carlson is still on Fox. Some will follow him, most won't.

Trump's base have goldfish memories and are lazy as all poo poo, the moment it is even somewhat difficult to find Trump shitposts it will implode and he'll lose interest entirely. If they actually held to anything they're all boycotting all of social media and every retailer and brand in the US but they're lazy and just go back. Like in 6 months Parler will be another footnote like Gab because CHUDs will get lonely without yelling at libs on Facebook. Deplatforming Trump would stomp the poo poo out of his base but Twitter is way too chickenshit to do it because they're afraid shitbags like Cruz, Gym Jordan etc. will take government action against them in retaliation

MunchE has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Dec 15, 2020

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MunchE posted:

I read an article where Jennifer Rubin who is WaPos conservative columnist who used to get ridiculed on the daily show but is anti Trump so a radical leftist now was advocating that Biden can't just sweep poo poo under the rug and has to hold Trump's admin accountable for the things they've done which is somewhat promising? But it seems like all actual Democrats are keeping their heads down

I think Biden leading "lock him up chants" gives Trump more cover to pardon himself and all his friends and family. He's still going to go crazy with the pardon pen, but not knowing what to expect on January 21st might force a mistake where his pardons are too broad and maybe contestable in court.

We've seen how good his lawyers are. There's a non-zero chance a mistake is made.

MunchE posted:

Trump's base have goldfish memories and are lazy as all poo poo, the moment it is even somewhat difficult to find Trump shitposts it will implode and he'll lose interest entirely. If they actually held to anything they're all boycotting all of social media and every retailer and brand in the US but they're lazy and just go back. Like in 6 months Parler will be another footnote like Gab because CHUDs will get lonely without yelling at libs on Facebook. Deplatforming Trump would stomp the poo poo out of his base but Twitter is way too chickenshit to do it because they're afraid shitbags like Cruz, Gym Jordan etc. will take government action against them in retaliation

Stop reminding me of reality.

Watching Parler implode will be fun though.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

When Melanie goes it's game over. She's truly the Bismark holding everything together. loving belly laugh, thanks.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

MunchE posted:

lol yeah, they're online because it's easy to find libs to shriek at and pick fights with, it is the absolute focus of their lives and they're addicted to it now.

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/24/735460674/ravelry-the-knitting-website-bans-trump-talk-and-patterns

A huge quilt pattern exchange website had to ban anything Trump related because on a loving quilting site, they couldn't stop owning the libs. It's what they live for anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

One thing that you see in covid death graphs over and over and over is that the 'waves' usually have a much longer tail compared to the initial upswing, often with at least double the numbers. So even if the US's current wave suddenly ended today and started going back down again tomorrow there's at at least another 500,000 deaths baked into it before it'd drop back to zero, and that's the best case scenario. It's much more likely that we're only at the start of the Thanksgiving surge and there'll be a Christmas surge following that, so the peak is still a long way off.

It's a foregone conclusion that there'll be an even higher number of covid deaths in 2021 regardless of who the president might be.

why does it follow that pattern so cleanly, I've always wondered. Weekend reporting lapses?