Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bingo Bango

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

I am baking some cheese straws and I had to use a caulk gun to squeeze them out

That's brilliant. Unless the caulk gun wasn't clean, then I would call it brave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Aquariums have pastry?

Some sorts of small pastries. Mostly neocardina

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

more falafel please posted:

taco bell is good in the same way that chef boyardee is good

:agreed:

i have a nostalgic soft spot for soft tacos supreme :dudsmile:

if the stars align and all the ingredients are fresh, theres nothin like that hot ground beef slop slightly melting the yellow processed cheese food on a soft, cheap tortilla with cold lettuce, tomato, and sour cream

Heather Papps

hello friend

hot insider taco bell tip: they use a caulking gun to distribute sour cream

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
99% of the time I get tacos theright way, out of a truck, in a gas station parking lot

or this new taqueria near me that has awesome breakfast tacos with cactus and egg. that's been a common breakfast lately, with a cantaloupe agua fresca

they have this giant 'Cubano' breakfast taco too, with plantains, beans, and egg that frickin rules

*edit: pastor! I forgot to mention tacos al pastor, my fav street taco. tho lately I've been getting barbacoa or chik, tryna avoid pork most of the time*

but every few months my munchies demand some drat soft tacos supreme and a baja blast

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Also thinking about learning to knit to complete my 32yr old gay grandmother persona

Join ussssss

I'll send you yarn and needles.

Escape From Noise

Mango in the afternoon. I am having a healthy morning BM and, I gotta say, it feels good! (Of coirse I bideted)

Woke up a bit late. Possibly a few too many drinky-poos last night. I feel alright though. Guess I'll start the day with miso soup and rice with some ume boshi maybe?

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
If you've ever wanted a new username now's the time

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3951691

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

biosterous

i am posting to atone for my sin(s) or not posting enough

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

alnilam

biosterous posted:

i am posting to atone for my sin(s) or not posting enough

atoning for my sims *praying in sim-speak*

ty manifisto

alnilam

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Also thinking about learning to knit to complete my 32yr old gay grandmother persona

I have been thinking about this for several years, still am

ty manifisto

Escape From Noise

Forgot that I bought these fancy KitKats last night on drunken trip to the conbini

Also it's gotten colder here, to the point that I had to break out the winter coat last night. That combined with spraying alcohol on my hands everywhere I go is causing the skin on them to crack and feel not so great. I'm putting lotion on them constantly but...

alnilam

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets real chapped again :(

ty manifisto

alnilam

Actually this winter is the first one i can recall where my knuckles and lips didn't get chapped. Oregon winters are so mild and the air so wet compared to what I'm used to. I got more chapped in the dry summer heat here then i have in the winter it's crazy!

Escape From Noise

Usually it's just my hands. I have pretty delicate skin. I'm very very white

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I also really want to learn how to knit. A few years ago I saw there was a support group at my university for people working on stressful dissertations so I started going, and 80% of the people there were women in STEM fields who just had awful experiences but would sit there knitting furiously and cathartically. It looked like a really good way to work out stress... I also used to envy people who would knit on the subway.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

Nice

How Wonderful!

We finished making candy tonight. The last thing on the docket was probably the best-- ginger and chili caramels made with coconut milk. Bingo Bango stepped up and did a lot of the hard work since my hands have been really shaky all week but I would say overall making little chewy caramel candies for your friends and family is not that hard and very rewarding. Probably the best tasting caramel I've had in a long time.

City of Glompton

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Forgot that I bought these fancy KitKats last night on drunken trip to the conbini

Also it's gotten colder here, to the point that I had to break out the winter coat last night. That combined with spraying alcohol on my hands everywhere I go is causing the skin on them to crack and feel not so great. I'm putting lotion on them constantly but...

get some Aquaphor if you can, it's amazing

also if you can get a hand soap without SLS that might help

those two things have greatly reduced my winter thumb and finger and knuckle skin cracking

Escape From Noise

City of Glompton posted:

get some Aquaphor if you can, it's amazing

also if you can get a hand soap without SLS that might help

those two things have greatly reduced my winter thumb and finger and knuckle skin cracking

What's an aquaphor???:dadjoke:

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 16, 2020

Escape From Noise

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm not sure I can find it here in Japan so I'm looking for a local alternative

Escape From Noise

My new Municipal Waste shirt arrived a few days ago. I can't post it because it's not very BYOB but it's that design.

redm

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

What's an aquaphor???:dadjoke:

nm whats an aquaphor with you

sig by Manifisto

nut

morngo biorjno

biosterous

yawn borning!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

ChubbyChecker

morno

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

How Wonderful! posted:

I also really want to learn how to knit. A few years ago I saw there was a support group at my university for people working on stressful dissertations so I started going, and 80% of the people there were women in STEM fields who just had awful experiences but would sit there knitting furiously and cathartically. It looked like a really good way to work out stress... I also used to envy people who would knit on the subway.

Kief Richards posted:

Join ussssss

I'll send you yarn and needles.

alnilam posted:

I have been thinking about this for several years, still am
Sounds like we need to start a byob knitting circle or something!!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I want to knit things that look like this but I have no idea what any of the words in this post mean:

Sehkmet posted:

THIS THIS THIS

I hate straight needles now. I don't even use them for socks anymore, I do two-at-a-time on one circular needle and it's a lifesaver.

Also, does anyone absolutely hate the effort that you have to put into blocking, but absolutely love the results? Asking for me. It took me over an hour to get this done with blocking wires, but oh man it looks great now.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Derpies

by sebmojo
Whose tuggin !

B33rChiller

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Sounds like we need to start a byob knitting circle or something!!

my therapist has heavily suggested I take up knitting, so this might just be the motivation to get me going on that

Thanks for the heads up. It's always jarring for me when people have name changes, especially when I'm reading stuff from the past, and trying to keep people straight in my head. Having a thread I can reference to keep it straight in my head should be helpful.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 16, 2020

Dr. Honked posted:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

B33rChiller posted:

my therapist has heavily suggested I take up knitting, so this might just be the motivation to get me going on that

Yessss join ussss

I will literally send yarn and needles to anyone anywhere in the world it isn't illegal to send them. For real. I have three entire rooms for fiber, please take some.

B33rChiller

Kief Richards posted:

Yessss join ussss

I will literally send yarn and needles to anyone anywhere in the world it isn't illegal to send them. For real. I have three entire rooms for fiber, please take some.

That's a very kind offer thank you!

Dr. Honked posted:

SIDS Vicious

i decided to try and do a self portrait and i can actually recognize it as me so I'm pretty excited

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I'm a big fan of this joke from the Simpsons episode I watched last night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y3uZ41CoEY

We got a bunch of snow the last few days but it looks like the sun is out melting it all this afternoon. Hope yall are having a good one.

Oh yeah, also Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun on Netflix is a good time. The humor is really really silly. Hoping shows like this and "I Think You Should Leave" do well so that we get more of them/like them in the future.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Heather Papps

hello friend

Jolo posted:

Oh yeah, also Aunty Donna's Big Ol House of Fun on Netflix is a good time. The humor is really really silly. Hoping shows like this and "I Think You Should Leave" do well so that we get more of them/like them in the future.

aunty donna is very very good. i haven't watched i think you should leave but if it's similarly goofy i should check it out. this will surprise no one, being that i post in byob, but i really like silly goofy goodnatured giggles and chortles. i've aged out of mean comedy? it's like how i don't love hyperviolence in video games any more, i think?

also hey byob i got a fake christmas tree and i might even bother to set it up!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

aunty donna is very very good. i haven't watched i think you should leave but if it's similarly goofy i should check it out. this will surprise no one, being that i post in byob, but i really like silly goofy goodnatured giggles and chortles. i've aged out of mean comedy? it's like how i don't love hyperviolence in video games any more, i think?

It's pretty funny

This is amazing!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Bingo Bango

Kief Richards posted:

Yessss join ussss

I second this and will gladly share my stash with anyone! Personally, I found crochet easier to pick up than knitting but it's really a personal preference and I would love to craft with yobbers

How Wonderful!

Buddy, Yarn's Our Bliss

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bingo Bango posted:

I second this and will gladly share my stash with anyone! Personally, I found crochet easier to pick up than knitting but it's really a personal preference and I would love to craft with yobbers

Yessss

Two me, how many skeins of sock yarn are hidden in the top of your pantry? Mine? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS THERE'S NOT ANY actually there's 80+ skeins up there please don't tell Mason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Heather Papps posted:

also hey byob i got a fake christmas tree and i might even bother to set it up!

This is a pretty good bit from it, hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLfAf8oHrMo

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~