Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

teagone posted:

No, Jerkface said "The last time we heard about it was 2 years ago since then Disney said they were "slowing down" and then Disney's new schedule for films has 3 spots in '23, '25,and '27" which is only indicative of films they've officially announced.

That is the exact thing I am referencing. Feb 2019 !! Is almost 2 years ago now. I know time flies when you're stuck inside, but its almost 2021!

Edit: gently caress im an amazing page snyper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jerkface posted:

That is the exact thing I am referencing. Feb 2019 !! Is almost 2 years ago now. I know time flies when you're stuck inside, but its almost 2021!

Edit: gently caress im an amazing page snyper

gently caress, you're right. Lol. I legit forgot it's the new year next month. Christ.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The only thing im holding out hope for is that they still want to work with RJ but want to get more clearance from the ST and maybe have a new hit star wars movie come out so they can bring him back for his completely unaffiliated film without all the stink of the ST debacle mussing up the PR.

Not holding my breath though. Going to movies every 2 years really cuts down on the amount of available real estate for announced projects and given the more recent and higher profile announcements for Taika, Fiege, and an obviously named release from Jenkins I just don't see a RJ trilogy, let alone 1 film (he was only gonna direct #1), in the cards.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

teagone posted:

gently caress, you're right. Lol. I legit forgot it's the new year next month. Christ.

Its new years in 18 days

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Teek posted:

Hoping Rangers is a Nazi hunters show. The time period is right and seems like fertile ground to play in. Could also help set up the First Order, because pretty much only the cream of the crop got the secret invite.

I'm looking at the X-Wing pilots patrolling the Outer Rim and handing out badges as the likely direction they're going in. That gives them a lot of scope from classic Western tropes with X-Wings instead of horses, dealing with former Imperials both one on one and in organized units (imagine a CSA army division setting up shop in Nevada in 1870), and foreshadowing the rise of the First Order. That's a show that could run for years.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Bismuth posted:

Its new years in 18 days

God damnit. Cabin fever is a hell of a thing.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

teagone posted:

I don't think RJ's trilogy will happen any time soon. But I'm hopeful it will.

Extremely :same: but I think the moment has passed and the toxic elements of the fandom have poisoned the well.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Bismuth posted:

Its new years in 18 days

That’s not true! THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE! :gonk:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Knives Out is really good.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Icon Of Sin posted:

That’s not true! THAT’S IMPOSSIBLE! :gonk:

Hell, I dunno about you, but I'm more than ready to put 2020 in the rearview mirror.

Moon Slayer posted:

Knives Out is really good.

True dat. Most enjoyable mystery movie I've seen in years.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

jng2058 posted:

Hell, I dunno about you, but I'm more than ready to put 2020 in the rearview mirror.

I am too. But, it just hits me that it's almost been a year since COVID hit and it doesn't feel like ANY progress has been made... at least here in the states. It's like time stopped and we're just constantly getting hosed lol. Watching stuff like Mandalorian and talking about nerd poo poo online makes it real easy to forget what time it is.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

teagone posted:

I am too. But, it just hits me that it's almost been a year since COVID hit and it doesn't feel like ANY progress has been made... at least here in the states. It's like time stopped and we're just constantly getting hosed lol. Watching stuff like Mandalorian and talking about nerd poo poo online makes it real easy to forget what time it is.

Here in Texas it feels like the state government is actively trying to roll any progress back, so I really feel like this is just a wasted year. It’s like someone just hit pause on everything except the calendar.

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos

teagone posted:

As the end of the year approaches, I am once again astounded by the human tendency to assume that things will inevitably degrade with the passage of time. Why, at the start of the year, there was no vaccine for Covid; relief checks were an impossible pipe dream; and heroic American visionary Donald Trump was still President. As none of these things are true today, we can conclude that the world is developing and becoming altogether more worthwhile. Knowing the details of its continual, and accelerating, slide into fully automated luxury gay space communism is much like rearranging the scenes in the special editions.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Here in Texas it feels like the state government is actively trying to roll any progress back, so I really feel like this is just a wasted year. It’s like someone just hit pause on everything except the calendar.

I know what you mean. I live in Florida.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Nearly caught up with Mandalorian and I'm really amazed over and over throughout all these various mediums how much Bo-Katan sucks rear end. Hated her in Clone Wars, she sucked but slightly less in Rebels, but shes back to being a bitch in live action. I can never tell if they're trying to make me like her and failing miserably of if I'm interpreting her correctly.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bismuth posted:

Nearly caught up with Mandalorian and I'm really amazed over and over throughout all these various mediums how much Bo-Katan sucks rear end. Hated her in Clone Wars, she sucked but slightly less in Rebels, but shes back to being a bitch in live action. I can never tell if they're trying to make me like her and failing miserably of if I'm interpreting her correctly.

I recently rewatched bits and pieces of Rebels and when she showed up in S4's premier...she was a complete and total bitch who was then given the Darksaber anyway for ~reasons~

On the bright side, she then lost it to Gideon, so karma still had its way

Which will likely come back around and reward her, again, for ~reasons~

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Vinylshadow posted:

I recently rewatched bits and pieces of Rebels and when she showed up in S4's premier...she was a complete and total bitch who was then given the Darksaber anyway for ~reasons~

On the bright side, she then lost it to Gideon, so karma still had its way

Which will likely come back around and reward her, again, for ~reasons~

She also was loyal to Pre "burning down innocent villages for fun" Vizsla and ditched the rest of Death Watch when he didnt get to be top poo poo anymore, which doesnt really paint her in a good light. After all, from what we saw Maul wasnt exactly any worse than Vizsla, and Maul seemed to know how Mandalorian ways worked, so her leaving after he took control just made her look kind of shallow and quick to turn on her own supposed beliefs. Her terrorist self telling Din he was part of a cult was really something.

Lol

Bismuth fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 16, 2020

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Being a self serving rear end in a top hat character is right in Katee Sackhoff's wheelhouse.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

Arcsquad12 posted:

Being a self serving rear end in a top hat character is right in Katee Sackhoff's wheelhouse.

I just finished “Another Life” on Netflix and you’re right. “Another Life” was more than a little dumb, but Sackhoff was very good in it. She honestly is a talented actor and could carry Bo-Katan spin-off if Disney so chose.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

She honestly is a talented actor and could carry Bo-Katan spin-off if Disney so chose.

Have her and Chloe Bennet as Sabine be main characters on Ahsoka's show. Two space moms and their young adult daughter getting into and out of trouble in the Outer Rim. Cross over with the Marshalls show once or twice a season, either as reluctant allies or antagonists.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Not sure Ahsoka would just hang with Bo-Katan. Sure they teamed up well for the Siege of Mandalore, but they weren't exactly friends.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Moon Slayer posted:

Have her and Chloe Bennet as Sabine be main characters on Ahsoka's show. Two space moms and their young adult daughter getting into and out of trouble in the Outer Rim. Cross over with the Marshalls show once or twice a season, either as reluctant allies or antagonists.

Chloe Bennet is Aphra though.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Sabine peels off her mustache and reveals she's been Aphra all along

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Star Wars Show is "taking a break" which could be seen as a nicely-worded cancellation and/or an acknowledgment of the fact that there's not much actual Star Wars dropping next year besides High Republic (and Bad Batch at some unspecified point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xngN4xf2Qlk

At the very least they went out with a shitton of ESB archival footage

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 16, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

Star Wars Show is "taking a break" which could be seen as a nicely-worded cancellation and/or an acknowledgment of the fact that there's not much actual Star Wars dropping next year besides High Republic (and Bad Batch at some unspecified point)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xngN4xf2Qlk

At the very least they went out with a shitton of ESB archival footage

I mean, after Mando finishes it's second season in a couple of days, what would they talk about until season three comes out? Rumors about the Kenobi shoot and some books? Taking a break makes sense.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

thrawn527 posted:

I mean, after Mando finishes it's second season in a couple of days, what would they talk about until season three comes out? Rumors about the Kenobi shoot and some books? Taking a break makes sense.

It will come back for Bad Batch and then the run up to the anime star wars anthology thats releasing next year and then mando season 3 most likely. They've hiatus'd before.

edit: alternatively it may be hiatus'd until next fall for the anime-run up to the mandalorian s3 and Bad Batch might only get an after action show like the animated shows usually get.

It generally only sticks around if theres going to be a lot of "news" like casting or announcement stuff.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

First half of 2021 is going to be dire in terms of new movies and TV shows given how everything already in production had to stop for months and anything in preproduction had to wait to start filming.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lots of time for a giant clone wars/rebels rewatch then

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Moon Slayer posted:

First half of 2021 is going to be dire in terms of new movies and TV shows given how everything already in production had to stop for months and anything in preproduction had to wait to start filming.

That's probably why High Republic stuff got moved from Fall into Q1 2021, just to have something coming out then

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

thrawn527 posted:

Huge respect to a show that will actually pause when theres nothing to talk about instead of churning out worthless "content" nonstop. Wish more shows would take that route.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Jerkface posted:

It will come back for Bad Batch and then the run up to the anime star wars anthology thats releasing next year and then mando season 3 most likely. They've hiatus'd before.

edit: alternatively it may be hiatus'd until next fall for the anime-run up to the mandalorian s3 and Bad Batch might only get an after action show like the animated shows usually get. It generally only sticks around if theres going to be a lot of "news" like casting or announcement stuff.

It actually looks like its wrapped up "for now", both Carboni and Andi gave farewells on Twitter. I do expect it will come back once we get to a bigger release period.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

Movies sure, but I worked on a TV job that stopped during episode 6 in March then resumed in September, wrapping last month. It will have aired all its episodes by tomorrow.

Turnaround for network procedural stuff is even shorter, two weeks in some cases.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well uh, a 'new' show was just announced.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Bib Fattuna

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Loved him getting fat and the guards getting skinny. Classic trickle-down economics.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

So what does the Boba Fett show do? Mando showed him to be a person of (somewhat) honor but you don’t take over Jabba’s palace if you don’t plan on getting into some illegal and possibly evil poo poo. If I was Boba the Hutt, the first thing I’m doing is getting a new pet Rancor...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Is it going to be a separate Boba Fett show? Or is season 3 of The Mandalorian going to be about Boba Fett?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Phylodox posted:

Is it going to be a separate Boba Fett show? Or is season 3 of The Mandalorian going to be about Boba Fett?

Season 3 of Mando is its own thing. "The book of boba Fett" is its own thing. We don't yet know exactly what form that second thing will be yet though.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Huh, I totally read that as "Din's story is over for now, Season 3 is going to be The Book of Boba Fett"

But I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

Season 3 of Mando is its own thing. "The book of boba Fett" is its own thing. We don't yet know exactly what form that second thing will be yet though.

Has that been confirmed yet?