Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
So is the banner changing a day before the patch itself? I thought the patch was the 23rd, going by days remaining for current banner on the store it'll be the 22nd.

Trying to talk myself out of rolling for Succrose constellations, but there should be in a influx of primos with new content and quests, I could maybe hit pity again for Ganyu's banner...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
We don't know what the next banner will be. We strongly suspect Bennett and somewhat suspect Sucrose but there's no confirmation yet.

Banners generally rotate out a day before the next one starts.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gandlethorpe posted:

Pro-tip for those who do artifact runs or check for the Wei on top of Stone Gate:

https://i.imgur.com/N7O25wW.mp4

what is this tile i've never seen it

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Dom is Here posted:

So is the banner changing a day before the patch itself? I thought the patch was the 23rd, going by days remaining for current banner on the store it'll be the 22nd.

Trying to talk myself out of rolling for Succrose constellations, but there should be in a influx of primos with new content and quests, I could maybe hit pity again for Ganyu's banner...

I think last time there just wasn't a banner for a day

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
So I just assaulted my 50th Unusual Hilichurl back into its magic briefcase of holding, and I was really hoping it would unlock a quest or something to explain these guys. Maybe we'll find out in 1.2

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My world doesn't have that pressure pad. What.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 16, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Fur20 posted:

what is this tile i've never seen it

No Wave posted:

It's apparently only there if the ley line spawns up top. Kinda dumb.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

No Wave posted:

People on the Discord were saying it only appeared if you have a leyline up there, which is why the "treasure" symbol shows up partway through the clip, they are leaving an unclaimed leyline there to make sure the lad doesn't disappear.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Pope Urbane II posted:

So I just assaulted my 50th Unusual Hilichurl back into its magic briefcase of holding, and I was really hoping it would unlock a quest or something to explain these guys. Maybe we'll find out in 1.2

Is there some trick to finding these things? I'm at AL 44 and just randomly found my first one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

My liyue leylines only ever spawn west of liyue and at the beach south of the abandoned mining village. So I guess I'm not surprised I've never seen it.

Ultiville posted:

Is there some trick to finding these things? I'm at AL 44 and just randomly found my first one.
There are 15 different spawn locations. Once you kill the first one a second one will spawn at one of the 14 remaining locations. Max of two per day per game world.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's two every 12 hours, working strictly on a timer rather than on daily reset, so as soon as you kill the second one of a pair, 12 hours later the first of another pair will spawn.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i hate to sound like an Entitled Gamer but im pretty sure im not going to renew my monthly or my battle pass to express my discontent with this terrible food delivery event. voting with my dollar

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'd love to see the survey results for it.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like it and would welcome a more refined version

we need that hypostatic symphony tho

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

No Wave posted:

I'd love to see the survey results for it.

I think the survey was right before the event, at least I don't remember any questions about it

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm still baffled by these people on isolated plateaus and waterfalls going 'man where is my food it sure is taking a while'.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I'm still baffled by these people on isolated plateaus and waterfalls going 'man where is my food it sure is taking a while'.

*getting loving blasted standing between two waterfalls*

ewww don't get water in my soup 🙂

Fur20 posted:

i'd have a better impression of it if the intended route also didn't frequently have hidden gently caress-yous on it, like electro stones on the only viable ascent point.

this one was loving masterful, i love that someone thought of it

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 16, 2020

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i'd have a better impression of it if the intended route also didn't frequently have hidden gently caress-yous on it, like electro stones on the only viable ascent point. also maybe, just maybe, if the clock didn't run while you were in menus, or on loading screens :psyduck:

the quest details in the hud should also list the restrictions. you know. to keep the clock from running down while you double check what you aren't allowed to do

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I liked the change of pace and occasional challenge they gave. Also, no one's forcing anyone to do them.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Yeah I just decided it wasn't worth the primogems to me to do the things, because I knew early on they'd annoy me. If they gated content I cared about or something that'd be one thing, but I don't feel like it's a terrible optional event that costs you nothing to ignore other than a few bucks worth of free stuff you'll eventually get anyway.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Was there any way to complete yesterday's third delivery quest other than committing suicide (twice in my case)? I finally realized I could do that since there was no "don't take damage" requirement.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ytlaya posted:

Was there any way to complete yesterday's third delivery quest other than committing suicide (twice in my case)? I finally realized I could do that since there was no "don't take damage" requirement.

Plunge attack

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cartoon physics, you can literally fall 9 billion feet but if you plunge attack at 10 feet before contact, you take 0 damage.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

If you do a plunge attack you take no/very little damage. You can drop a huge distance then plunge a bit near the end.

For the stormterror one the easy route is to start at the waypoint in the tower and glide down

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I also like this mini-event because it exposes how little many people know about the game mechanics

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you're super casual there's a lot you won't know. The first two weeks this game was out nobody thought Noelle was a healer. I'm surprised (impressed?) how troll they got with these delivery quests.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

No Wave posted:

If you're super casual there's a lot you won't know. The first two weeks this game was out nobody thought Noelle was a healer. I'm surprised (impressed?) how troll they got with these delivery quests.

Seriously. The lady getting blasted by waterfall mist waiting on soup you can't get water in was *chef's kiss*

I dunno, I like this and the gliding challenges, and really just all the content they've since I started.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

The gem rate improves a little but barely. Like less than 10% net increase per ascension from 6 to 7 and probably similar from 7 to 8.

Imo I think you're just not really supposed to level to 90 for now. I think the idea is you pick up spare gemstones from weekly bosses and do the 80-90 ascension way down the line (like months from now) when you have a gemstone buffer from bosses and events (you might already notice a reasonable buffer of electro/hydro/cryo gemstones because two weekly bosses drop those rocks). I have 3 5* gemstones worth of cryo rocks just sitting around entirely from events/weekly bosses.

It's not really too bad when you consider the fact that it's basically just like 2 days of resin (or less) to get enough elemental gems to do a final ascension.

That being said, I do hope that they include them in future events, since it's a bit of a pain still (particularly geo).

Qwertycoatl posted:

If you do a plunge attack you take no/very little damage. You can drop a huge distance then plunge a bit near the end.

For the stormterror one the easy route is to start at the waypoint in the tower and glide down

Oh duh, forgot about that option.

I haven't done a stormterror one; I'm guessing that's one of today's (I haven't done any today yet)?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's about double that. You can do 9 bosses every 2 days and on average get 1 chunk worth of mats per boss kill (most drops are less but sometimes you get chunks). This means you'd have to kill a boss ~18 times, ie 4 days of resin spend (36 5* artifacts!!!)

If half of your stones come from event/weekly gemstones you'll finish in two days, which I do think is more reasonable (and lines up with the everflame seed etc drops).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 16, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

It's not really too bad when you consider the fact that it's basically just like 2 days of resin (or less) to get enough elemental gems to do a final ascension.

That being said, I do hope that they include them in future events, since it's a bit of a pain still (particularly geo).

Oh duh, forgot about that option.

I haven't done a stormterror one; I'm guessing that's one of today's (I haven't done any today yet)?

The Geo one isn't nearly as bad as I thought it was once I started running it.

Non-Zhongli strat:. Have a claymore user run up and knock each pillar to 1/10 health while avoiding things. Once this is done, knock out whatever pillar the cube is on top of and it will fall and you can just go John Madden on it. When it recovers, run to the next pillar and do the same. Destroy pillar horcruxes at the end as normal. Makes it more bearable, though still a slog. Noelle works great for the last part.

Zhongli strat: same as above, but hold his E to help kill the pillars. Then, when horcruxes pop, stand between two and hold E and they instantly die, then meteor the third for a satisfying end to a dumb cube.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The timer running during load times is probably doing a lot to divide people on the event. My internet is pretty good, so I've never had to retry any of the quests more than once or twice even if I dawdle (or waste a few seconds mid-run on changing my route to avoid some obstacle), but I still barely got in under the time limit on a couple of them. The event is a lot of fun for me, but I can see how many of the runs would be an unfun PITA for people with long loading times.

I hope miHoYo fixes the discrepancy before the next time they run a timed event involving teleportation.

gandlethorpe posted:

I also like this mini-event because it exposes how little many people know about the game mechanics

It seems like some folks have a hard time judging the distance at which enemies will gain/lose aggro, or else forget that combat locks you out of talking to NPCs. I saw one video from a few days ago where a player aggro'd the Sal Terrae lawachurl on the way to the last island instead of making sure to swim outside its range. :hmmno:

Saxophone posted:

Non-Zhongli strat:. Have a claymore user run up and knock each pillar to 1/10 health while avoiding things. Once this is done, knock out whatever pillar the cube is on top of and it will fall and you can just go John Madden on it. When it recovers, run to the next pillar and do the same. Destroy pillar horcruxes at the end as normal. Makes it more bearable, though still a slog. Noelle works great for the last part.

Zhongli strat: same as above, but hold his E to help kill the pillars. Then, when horcruxes pop, stand between two and hold E and they instantly die, then meteor the third for a satisfying end to a dumb cube.

Noelle is aces for the entire fight; I did a co-op test with somebody who had her mostly unleveled and we did about the same amount of claymore damage to the pillars. Her shield will usually be off cooldown in time for the hypostasis' quake moves, so if you have even so-so defense on her you can completely ignore them to wail on the pillars. (I have maybe 3 rolls on def% substats across all the artifacts I have on her, and she's using a lovely three-star Guardian's Will circlet for the two-piece set effect, but her shields are still strong enough that I don't need to heal during the fight.) If your attackers have decent energy generation, you can get her burst up at least twice for that sweet sweet double Geo/claymore pillar destruction. Sweeping Time also has a lot of range, so you don't have to travel the full distance between the three pillars in the final phase. Once you get used to canceling her combo every 2-3 hits and dash-canceling towards the next pillar immediately after you land the last hit, you can reliably one-cycle it.

The worst part of the fight is getting to the island in the first place TBQH.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah the timer thing is really the biggest problem. And not just with this event, bounty timers count down during menus and loading too for example, there's just usually no need to load once those start so it's less an obvious issue. But its definitely something they'll need to fix going forward, especially if they want to keep the PS4 as a viable platform.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

They should swap PS4 to use the mobile version of the game. My phone doesnt have these problems.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The delivery event thing is kind of a weak event, but they're also pretty easy overall. Some of them are bullshit though, but I don't mind doing it for the gems. I do hope they consistently have some kind of daily event going to keep more gems flowing-- the gliding event was kinda neat and this isn't too bad. The Mysterious Merchant thing is boring but I ain't gonna say no to it.

Far as I see it, it's just an extra set of commissions. I got all of today's done in like 10 minutes.

I haven't had any issue with bounties either; usually finish them in less than 5 minutes a piece. Then again, in most cases I'm playing on PC, so that may be a thing.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Anyone getting frustrated with the deliveries, look that's the gig economy for you

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's easier than that, even. The waypoint north of there was the key challenge where you had to grab them from high up in the ruins using upcurrents, so you can just head for the delivery point and there'll be two giant upcurrents directly in your path.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
So uh the event is probably like done now, but I go here before starting any of deliveries to spare myself any irritation: https://game8.co/games/Genshin-Impact/archives/312437. It updates daily.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Saxophone posted:

Knocking each pillar to 1/10th hp sounds hellishly slow since "it takes a long time to break the pillars" is 90% of the difficulty of the fight in the first place. Most of the attacks aren't too hard to avoid.
Especially since, if you don't have Noelle or Zhongli in the party, you end up needing two cycles to break all three mini-pillars on the final about-to-die phase and after the first cycle it respawns all the big geo pillars at full hp.
I wish Ningguang was actually good at damaging geo constructs but despite that being the whole geo gimmick she's somehow slower than Diluc just smacking things with his claymore.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Razor with Ult also easily kills all 3 pillars.

Basically any claymore user from Moonsdat works, claymore users from Liyue suck cause they all have super slow/super gimmicky auto's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I haven't been able to get all 3 with Diluc but maybe I should stick a level 1 Noelle in the party just for that purpose.