Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

gandlethorpe posted:

I also like this mini-event because it exposes how little many people know about the game mechanics

i know the game mechanics just fine but i'll frequently have to redo them because of load times and getting my bearings, and i come in just a split second under the clock. it's really irritating gameplay.

if i have to retry it, at least let me restart from my last warp point with a full timer, like the gliding challenge or ballon defense/sabotage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I think food delivery has been my favorite event. It is simple, doesn’t cost resin, lets the devs show off fun interesting puzzle challenges, encouraged me to mix up my world party, and can ultimately be cheesed completely if you really want to.

Oh and it is absolutely insane and everyone involved a crazy person.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
If you stand right up against the pillar when the geo cube does his machine gun attack, he'll hit the cube he's standing on and do a ton of damage to it

ive never had a problem with the geo cube fight though admittedly I dont do it very often

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think i'd enjoy the food delivery event if it just had the same "press p to restart" thing that other timed events have.
As it is, wandering too close to an electro ore or jumping from slightly too high and taking fall damage or bumping up against a wall and climbing 1 inch upwards on a no-climbing delivery will instantly fail you and then you have to go through like 4 menus and 2 teleport loading screens to try again.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

I think food delivery has been my favorite event. It is simple, doesn’t cost resin, lets the devs show off fun interesting puzzle challenges, encouraged me to mix up my world party, and can ultimately be cheesed completely if you really want to.

i was pretty into it today until i did the one in stormterror's lair, the other two are sensible and slightly challenging but stormterrors is straight up a gently caress-you-here's-an-electro-stone-you-can't-see-while-climbing, break it and try again! and that's bad design.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

kater posted:

Yeah, part of the delivery event that appeals to me is how amusing the whole situation is. Especially when I run it with two gods.

I like how "don't touch anything weird" includes stepping in a puddle.

Fur20 posted:

i know the game mechanics just fine but i'll frequently have to redo them because of load times and getting my bearings, and i come in just a split second under the clock. it's really irritating gameplay.

if i have to retry it, at least let me restart from my last warp point with a full timer, like the gliding challenge or ballon defense/sabotage

I agree the UI needs work, but I see people raging about the challenges themselves like they're impossible to figure out.

And, as mentioned, if someone's really having issues, they can always resort to cheesing it.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Fur20 posted:

i was pretty into it today until i did the one in stormterror's lair, the other two are sensible and slightly challenging but stormterrors is straight up a gently caress-you-here's-an-electro-stone-you-can't-see-while-climbing, break it and try again! and that's bad design.

you can also just jump off the top of the center spire and glide to it easily

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Log082 posted:

you can also just jump off the top of the center spire and glide to it easily

it would've been nice to know that gliding was permitted without going into the menu to double check, you know what i'm saying?

i complain but honestly anything i don't get first try i just cheese with the portable waypoint. it's one of those death by a million cuts sorts of things where taken individually, the problems with the event are quite small. but put together, and they're a recipe for a bad time.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 17, 2020

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Fur20 posted:

This combined with the marker vanishing after your first attempt are the two decisions that turn a quick guesswork puzzle into an annoying slog. Enemies magically spawn if you go one way or ice doesn't protect you from water in this one specific case? Well, you're screwed now so go jump in a river or dash or whatever to fail then do two warps to get back. You can have silly challenges where you need to repeat them several times to account for unknown things, or you can have long punishing load-filled runbacks, but having both is poo poo.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Fur20 posted:

it would've been nice to know that gliding was permitted without going into the menu to double check, you know what i'm saying?

Sure, but when you accept the delivery the little window that pops up tells you exactly what you can and can't do, so I always check that.

Mailer posted:

This combined with the marker vanishing after your first attempt are the two decisions that turn a quick guesswork puzzle into an annoying slog.

The marker disappearing is definitely bad UI but as a tip, you can fix it by going into your quest menu and reenabling the marker. you can even do this before you re-pick-up the delivery. It's still dumb that it disappears at all, but at least fixing it this way means you don't waste precious time.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
same same, but i always second guess myself on it because there have been times where i misread, and i swear there was one time where it didn't list a failure condition. it's so important that it's something i always want to have right in front of me.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Fur20 posted:

The thing is loving purple and right there, come on now. It even makes some ambient sparky noise. I laughed my rear end off when I saw it.

I get that this event wasn't for you, and there's plenty of things that could have made it more pleasant like having a restart button as others are saying but acting as though giving things some slight challenge is bad design is just silly.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Saxophone posted:

Seriously. The lady getting blasted by waterfall mist waiting on soup you can't get water in was *chef's kiss*

I dunno, I like this and the gliding challenges, and really just all the content they've since I started.

When I saw where she was I literally said "Oh no." in that tone people get before they see some catastrophe like a train wreck about to occur.

Top tier troll. Had me chuckling too once I got past trying to land close enough not to get the mist from the waterfall in the soup. What a clever dick the person that made that was.

Also, a lot of these deliveries are doable with 30-40s left if you know the best route. Unless you've got hideous loading times they shouldn't be that much of a problem. Make sure you use your tallest character to run and sprint as well. The taller the character the more time you shave off due to their slightly increased running and sprinting speeds.

Likewise, I swapped mona in for the sprinting ones then just ran Tartaglia as my runner while I regenned stamina. Even on the good hunter one I ended it with 25s left.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Mailer posted:

This combined with the marker vanishing after your first attempt are the two decisions that turn a quick guesswork puzzle into an annoying slog. Enemies magically spawn if you go one way or ice doesn't protect you from water in this one specific case? Well, you're screwed now so go jump in a river or dash or whatever to fail then do two warps to get back. You can have silly challenges where you need to repeat them several times to account for unknown things, or you can have long punishing load-filled runbacks, but having both is poo poo.

The marker only appears if you use the event menu to click "start" each time you retry :ssh:
if you just talk to the quest NPC again without going through the event menu, it won't show up.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The marker only appears if you use the event menu to click "start" each time you retry :ssh:
if you just talk to the quest NPC again without going through the event menu, it won't show up.

Also if you hit V when you get the delivery it'll all but zoom to where it is in the map. A massive arrow will appear on the edge of the map letting you rapidly scroll to it and select the nearest teleport really quick.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Dec 17, 2020

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I like that on top of this month's Abyss buffs, the deliveries also favor using Zhongli due to his height advantage for running, his pillar for climbing, and his shield for blocking incidental damage. Imagine trying to sue/boycott a company because you didn't like such a useful hero.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

why are people getting hit by an electro stone in the stormterror delivery, you can literally fly directly to the NPC with zero obstacles from the stormterror domain portal

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You can also reactivate the marker by going into the quest menu and making it the primary/watched one.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Indecisive posted:

why are people getting hit by an electro stone in the stormterror delivery, you can literally fly directly to the NPC with zero obstacles from the stormterror domain portal

yeah, it's the domain with the tall pillars where you can't glide that has the stone. I got zapped by it.... twice. Then I pull out fire teddy bear and blew it up.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

UltraRed posted:

yeah, it's the domain with the tall pillars where you can't glide that has the stone. I got zapped by it.... twice. Then I pull out fire teddy bear and blew it up.

The Guyun one? I just swam there from the nearest waypoint.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

I like that on top of this month's Abyss buffs, the deliveries also favor using Zhongli due to his height advantage for running, his pillar for climbing, and his shield for blocking incidental damage. Imagine trying to sue/boycott a company because you didn't like such a useful hero.

And yet, despite all of that he's still subpar compared to other options. Tartaglia is faster, Venti can boost you higher, and almost every attack the routes will throw at you can be countered by running in a serpentine fashion. So on point for how his stripped down and nerfed design is so far.

Also, MiHoYo has signaled that they've decided to buff Zhongli in 1.3 or later. Which is good. It's horribly apparent that he's way underpowered compared to what he was sold as. Never mind the fact that every role he can fill has a 4 star that does it better.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 17, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Archonex posted:

Also, MiHoYo has signaled that they've decided to buff Zhongli in 1.3 or later. Which is good. It's horribly apparent that he's way underpowered compared to what he was sold as. Never mind the fact that every role he can fill has a 4 star that does it better.

just put four more pulls in to hit pity and pull geo daddy, tbh rods from god sold it for me and whatever Albedo's role is if it's not support I don't see any use when I have Ning C5. Fingers crossed Ning+Zhong gets viable enough to use in a few months.

(also the Bennett banner is getting all my primos so I might as well get the 5* out of the way)

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 17, 2020

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Indecisive posted:

you can also go from ground level and use Venti/Zhongli/GeoMC to get onto the islands in that little pond before climbing up. they even spawn in enemies along the way so it's a route they definitely considered people would take, but i feel like the stone is obvious enough.

Archonex posted:

which 4* has a spammable 4s freeze on every enemy in a huge AOE?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Archonex posted:

Is there a source for this?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Archonex posted:

If they don't buff him before the Zhongli banner ends, what's the point?
He's a limited event banner character so by the time they get around to buffing him he won't even be obtainable.

I've been hoping they'd buff him so i'd have an excuse to dump the rest of my saved-up primogems on his banner because he does look really cool. But I won't roll for a character that I won't end up using in my team.
Like Zhongli's biggest benefit atm is the permashields, but I already get that with my Ningguang and shields in this game don't stack, so having another geo character actively makes him less useful instead of synergizing like I'd hoped.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Fur20 posted:

you did something besides go to stormterror's domain and glide?

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

GrandpaPants posted:

Is there a source for this?

Posted from their official twitter. It should be pretty comprehensible even without reading chinese.

It is strange to me that they're waiting until 1.3, rather than doing it in 1.2, unless it takes them a long time to finalize balance changes for their gold version. It's also possible they're going to do planning to do a god rerun banner in 1.3 so that's why they're waiting.

e: Weibo, not twitter, but 'basically chinese twitter'.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gacha's don't really run balance checks when the unit is on rate up. For example, FGO buffed a welfare unit that hasn't had an event run in over a year, or Epic Seven buffing two units majorly complained about (including one who's banner just ended as the buffs went through).

The buffs are mainly for people that rolled for the character, not those that are thinking about it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

kater posted:

you did something besides go to stormterror's domain and glide?

yeah i climbed up because after a week of quests where you can't glide, i just naturally assumed that you couldn't glide

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Without reading the Chinese text in that image it just likes Zhongli (the latest character) waiting with the MC for the 1.3 patch. I don't understand how that implies incoming buffs.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
the mc is leading zhongli to the 1.3 testing door and paimon is literally buff. its a pretty obvious implication

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Paimon is flexing (buff) while Aether motions Zhongli into 1.3

i do think it's pretty tenuous and the buff will probably not change people's minds if it even exists. the recent geo-focused stuff in Abyss feels like maybe they're feeling out a way to improve crystallize alongside anything they do to Zhongli though.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ytlaya posted:

Was there any way to complete yesterday's third delivery quest other than committing suicide (twice in my case)? I finally realized I could do that since there was no "don't take damage" requirement.

Yes: https://streamable.com/8u8rua

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

shimmy shimmy posted:

god rerun banner

v̢̼̫̅e͙͖͎̅n̡̢͙̅t̝̘̟̅i͇̼̘̅ :unsmigghh:

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

zgrowler2 posted:

v̢̼̫̅e͙͖͎̅n̡̢͙̅t̝̘̟̅i͇̼̘̅ :unsmigghh:

I started late and would also like this, yes. Give me the anemo twink.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Venti has been sacrificed to the god of fomo and will never be available again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Archonex posted:

When I saw where she was I literally said "Oh no." in that tone people get before they see some catastrophe like a train wreck about to occur.

Top tier troll. Had me chuckling too once I got past trying to land close enough not to get the mist from the waterfall in the soup. What a clever dick the person that made that was.

Also, a lot of these deliveries are doable with 30-40s left if you know the best route. Unless you've got hideous loading times they shouldn't be that much of a problem. Make sure you use your tallest character to run and sprint as well. The taller the character the more time you shave off due to their slightly increased running and sprinting speeds.

Likewise, I swapped mona in for the sprinting ones then just ran Tartaglia as my runner while I regenned stamina. Even on the good hunter one I ended it with 25s left.

How TF are you finishing the Wanmin Fresh one today with 30-40 seconds left? Like freezing the water with K takes 5 seconds each time and if you try and sprint swim you run out of stamina.

I’m following the best route but I’m still running out of time with it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MarcusSA posted:

How TF are you finishing the Wanmin Fresh one today with 30-40 seconds left? Like freezing the water with K takes 5 seconds each time and if you try and sprint swim you run out of stamina.

I’m following the best route but I’m still running out of time with it.

i can't remember which teleporter i went in from but iirc i came up from the south and glided down onto it. i never froze anything. you will have to skyrim it though and kind of slide down some sheer cliff faces to fudge the fall damage

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fur20 posted:

i can't remember which teleporter i went in from but iirc i came up from the south and glided down onto it. i never froze anything. you will have to skyrim it though and kind of slide down some sheer cliff faces to fudge the fall damage

You can’t glide though?

You can sprint but not gliding no damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i can't tell if you are looking for help on how to do it or just mystified at having time remaining, but slow swim most the way and it's fine? fast swim once scared enough.