Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think Biden leading "lock him up chants" gives Trump more cover to pardon himself and all his friends and family. He's still going to go crazy with the pardon pen, but not knowing what to expect on January 21st might force a mistake where his pardons are too broad and maybe contestable in court.

We've seen how good his lawyers are. There's a non-zero chance a mistake is made.

he won’t need to pardon anyone cause Dems won’t do anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Krispy Wafer posted:

His core won't. I'm counting on the people who blindly vote Republican whether it's the Zodiac killer or something worse like Trump. There's no reaching 20% of America. They're too far gone.

But it's like if he gets de-platformed. Most Fox viewers aren't going to try and figure out Roku channels to get OAN or Newsmax when their favorite grandson Fucker Carlson is still on Fox. Some will follow him, most won't.

Trouble is the number is far higher than 20%

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!
im in a pretty lefty part of Canada so my roommate is probably chud lite compared to what you guys get. but the other day he just brought up how few people own everything now. not to make some other point.

im not pretentious enough to think i can change huge amounts of minds, but reality gets really pushy if you ignore what it is saying

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Look up Canadian household debt and just watch the Liberal party funnel billions to the hands of the poor mega corps as covid "aid". That's beside what the dumb gently caress provincial governments are doing, especially in Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario. Unfortunately, the purported left party seems to be more interested in leaning towards the centre than actually addressing these problems.

Your roommate may be an rear end in a top hat but they've got a point and it won't be addressed by any politician anywhere near any reigns of power.

Plus, ya know, like a third of the country is chuddy as all hell. I'm sure pm Dougie will fix it all in 8-10 years when he's handed a majority mandate.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Krispy Wafer posted:

I think Biden leading "lock him up chants" gives Trump more cover to pardon himself and all his friends and family. He's still going to go crazy with the pardon pen, but not knowing what to expect on January 21st might force a mistake where his pardons are too broad and maybe contestable in court.

It's pretty well accepted that presidential pardons can't be "too broad".

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

just send out more than one. pardon A covers crimes A-J. Pardon B covers crimes K-Z.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

zegermans posted:

why does it follow that pattern so cleanly, I've always wondered. Weekend reporting lapses?

Yep, that's why I always look at the "smoothed out" rolling averages line for a more accurate idea of the reported numbers.

Of course states like Florida have been loving with their reports since the start so the graph was never going to be anywhere close to reality to start with, you really need to look at the excess deaths numbers to get a better picture of what's really going on and those reports usually have a lag of a month or more.

Also keep in mind that the daily infections graph always has a huge amount of lag built into it as well because there's a pre-symptomatic period after exposure, then it often takes a few days for people to get around to taking a test, then there's a delay of between a day to several weeks before they get their results. There's always going to be a large percentage of cases which never get tested as well, so those reports only ever represent a portion of the infections that happened a week or more ago. Most US states report cases on the day they're confirmed but some of them sneakily backdated them to the supposed date of infection which meant that the current day's report always looked way rosier than it should, and you'd have to go and look at the adjusted numbers for previous weeks to catch the 'new' cases.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Fame Douglas posted:

Donald Trump, known subordinate of political convention.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Watched Avenue 5, it was hysterical. If you have HBO Max, definitely go watch it.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
yup it's extremely good

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Cocaine Bear posted:

Look up Canadian household debt and just watch the Liberal party funnel billions to the hands of the poor mega corps as covid "aid". That's beside what the dumb gently caress provincial governments are doing, especially in Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario. Unfortunately, the purported left party seems to be more interested in leaning towards the centre than actually addressing these problems.

Your roommate may be an rear end in a top hat but they've got a point and it won't be addressed by any politician anywhere near any reigns of power.

Plus, ya know, like a third of the country is chuddy as all hell. I'm sure pm Dougie will fix it all in 8-10 years when he's handed a majority mandate.

he's actually pretty low key when it comes to being an rear end in a top hat, he's just fed into the right-wing narrative even though it contradicts most of his actual conduct and experiences. but yeah, basically the problems are bad enough that even people tapped into that can't help but reach the same conclusion as the left because there's not really much hope to cling to even if you're willing to sell out

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/as_a_worker/status/1339120541781864449?s=20

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Watched Avenue 5, it was hysterical. If you have HBO Max, definitely go watch it.
thanks to those posts I remembered that I was watching it as it came out but forgot about it half way through so I finished it. yea it's good

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I feel bad for the spouses of the chuds who've had their brains melted.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Epic High Five posted:

Trump's gonna live to like 90 and be a bipartisan hero by 2030 like Dubbya and Reagan are now lol, just get used to it now

I don't see this happening much more tbh. I think it's gonna be the Dems desperately trying to be bipartisan while they get dummies of them lynched by chuds for being [insert word salad replacement for Jews here]

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Party Boat posted:

Even then you gotta be careful cause if you read through a bunch of them are like "my spouse totally wants all this stuff to happen but thinks it's too good to be true!"

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Is this that Cancel Culture I'm hearing so much about (from idiots)?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Party Boat posted:

lol a lot of those responses are people saying that their spouse agrees with them and just doesn't think it's likely to happen

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

I'm lost, what plan? Do they think Trump losing the election is some party of a big conspiracy that he'll actually win?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

fondue posted:

I'm lost, what plan? Do they think Trump losing the election is some party of a big conspiracy that he'll actually win?

yea there’s literally posts I’ve seen saying “Trump let the election get stolen to teach us that elections get stolen” but that he will do some messiah poo poo to fix it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

yea there’s literally posts I’ve seen saying “Trump let the election get stolen to teach us that elections get stolen” but that he will do some messiah poo poo to fix it

it owns that we're present at the birth of the next major religion

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Confusionism

Junkiebev
Jan 18, 2002

Feel the progress.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Confusionism

:discourse:

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

love the deluxe luggage

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

ArmZ posted:

Loser religion like Christianity that required centuries to get going, or a winner like Islam that started its career by destroying a major religion within the first generation?

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

fondue posted:

qanon cultists think that one deep state is at war with another deep state and the good deep state (their deep state) has a magical pan to own the libs forever by making tromp president for life

so, obviously, losing the election must be a step in said plan

(note, they don't think of THEIR deep state as deep state, but deep state is what it obviously would be, if it was real)

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

It's what he would have wanted most.

Well, a close second after "not dying from COVID"

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://i.redd.it/1sby3u55sx561.png

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

~Officer Down!~

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

love the deluxe luggage

What else are you going to lug around your “OFFICIAL DONALD JAY TRUMP COMMEMORATIVE USED DIAPER” in?

ffs

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

~Officer Down!~
This is always good news, but do people seriously want the pigs to kick down doors and break up Thanksgiving

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Halloween Jack posted:

This is always good news, but do people seriously want the pigs to kick down doors and break up Thanksgiving

maybe they don’t have to publicly say gently caress the rule of law they swore to enforce and is their job?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It kind of seems like an open dismissal of the idea that they serve the rule of law or are supposed to be anything other than a petty group of warlords controlling their turf in whatever way they want, like an extension of the open contempt and implied threat of violence the elected governments of cities receive whenever they talk about reducing police violence or holding murderer cops accountable.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

ArmZ posted:

yeah

piss tape is real

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

e: pandering

platzapS has issued a correction as of 14:22 on Dec 19, 2020

Adbot