Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Skwirl posted:

Like, there's no one in Germany with ancestors that fought in WW2 claiming "heritage not hate" while flying a nazi flag.

Ahahahahahaha.

God, I wish.

This isn't even a hell year phenomenon, there was a huge nazi march in my hometown, with flags and all, several years ago. Apparently they filled out the correct forms, so the government just had to let them gather. That's what they claimed at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Yeah, well, she isn't fuckin posting here so I have no reason to even consider that this isn't more parlor pink horseshit from someone who's simply yet to buy their rolls royce car and luxury penthouse flat.

If you're making an argument for intersectionality then fine, put some cornstarch on it and we'll go one from there. If not, well, gently caress you 🤷🏻‍♀️

Again, I was commenting on a Twitter post about how landlords are an oppressed minority.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Cloacamazing! posted:

Ahahahahahaha.

God, I wish.

This isn't even a hell year phenomenon, there was a huge nazi march in my hometown, with flags and all, several years ago. Apparently they filled out the correct forms, so the government just had to let them gather. That's what they claimed at least.

the flags are illegal and can be confiscated, but they don't do that if it's a big march or gathering because it gives the nazis an excuse to riot

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Yeah, well, she isn't fuckin posting here so I have no reason to even consider that this isn't more parlor pink horseshit from someone who's simply yet to buy their rolls royce car and luxury penthouse flat.

If you're making an argument for intersectionality then fine, put some cornstarch on it and we'll go one from there. If not, well, gently caress you 🤷🏻‍♀️

you are living in a nightmare of your own choosing.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Doc Hawkins posted:

k

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

Doc Hawkins posted:

sadly that's not how politics work

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Oh boy, another idpol vs. class reductionism debate here on the forums of SomethingAwful.com. I'm sure this will be a very satisfying and productive conversation for all parties.

Content:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

Oh boy, another idpol vs. class reductionism debate here on the forums of SomethingAwful.com. I'm sure this will be a very satisfying and productive conversation for all parties.

Content:

k

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

StillFullyTerrible posted:

sadly that's not how politics work

no kind of posting is any kind of politics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Pththya-lyi posted:

Content:

I'd put 50/50 odds on the blue both claiming they're on the autism spectrum without having a diagnosis from a doctor and blaming it on the MMR or some other vaccine they got because they're mom didn't want them to die.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I just had flashbacks to the time a load of feminists were pointing out to a group of incels that the “men are an abused class because of all the wars” arguments are bullshit because men made the laws, started the wars, and for the longest time decided that only they could fight in them....and then one dude came out with how it was in fact women being oppressive because “Queen Victoria was a woman”

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

so to you landlords are a minority? thats hosed up

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Fatty don’t post kkk

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm not getting involved in this but

Fatty krabkcakes

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Op not idiot: Alexia show me the thing I would least like to spend and evening doing...

https://mobile.twitter.com/setoacnna/status/1339504719300071424

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

making our free speech laws more like europe's is a goddamn terrible idea

I'm curious what you think would change aside from some European nations having: "Don't spout racist poo poo or we'll fine you for it" as free speech caveats.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
A bunch of Transwomen should invade the call and dictate the pace of the conversation. They are saying they're gender critical, so terfs, and they DO want all of (what they consider to be) men...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Imagine how SHOCKING it would be if they knew that gender and sexuality are not the same thing, and that many, many, trans women are straight.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

How do these people think vaccines even work? How do they think the immune system works? :psyduck:

Also lol posts like this where the mom comes in and dunks on them are the best.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Mak0rz posted:

How do they think the immune system works? :psyduck:
The virus shoots sickness at you, then you beat up the virus, then the virus infects a bunch of people and kills all your friends.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Splicer posted:

I'm not getting involved in this but

Fatty krabkcakes

krabkkake :gizz:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mak0rz posted:

How do these people think vaccines even work?
Poisons and chemicals and autism.

Mak0rz posted:

How do they think the immune system works?
Well, if you haven't weakened it with all those poisons and chemicals and autisms then it spots the virus and gives it a good kicking.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I am an invincible genetic warrior because the video games I win at lead me to assume so"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Those guys are going to be so pissed when it turns out their siblings got all the good genes.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

PurpleXVI posted:

I'm curious what you think would change aside from some European nations having: "Don't spout racist poo poo or we'll fine you for it" as free speech caveats.

libel laws in europe are loving awful my dude, and those are part of free speech laws

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This dude.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhatNowDoc/status/1339314431847768065

What gets me is I called him out for importing in the first place, because grafted plants have a 75% failure rate in the first 2 years when you ship them long distances and you are knowingly giving poo poo goods to customers for only a few pounds profit. Turns out this is for his own garden, and he says he knows all this which is why he buys British, so basically this whole exchange is bullshit he made up and wrote himself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm the British nationalist with the US Constitution avatar

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/thetrillbillies/status/1339271108109938694?s=21

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Thank God all that cash is safely in the hands of cops instead of being used by people to purchase things. Those bills can only be used for more crime unless held in an evidence locker until the crime wears off.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

learnincurve posted:

This dude.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WhatNowDoc/status/1339314431847768065

What gets me is I called him out for importing in the first place, because grafted plants have a 75% failure rate in the first 2 years when you ship them long distances and you are knowingly giving poo poo goods to customers for only a few pounds profit. Turns out this is for his own garden, and he says he knows all this which is why he buys British, so basically this whole exchange is bullshit he made up and wrote himself.

I love that he has now muted replies, so he has gone from "Look at this EU peasant not licking my boots fast enough" to "Too many people are pointing out I'm a moron and not agreeing with me, so I'm putting my fingers in my ears lalalala".

Also, in what universe does he live in that Brexit - leaving a common market - would reduce import costs?

Edit
https://twitter.com/WhatNowDoc/status/1339497432741277696
"minor administrative issue"

nexus6 has a new favorite as of 16:57 on Dec 17, 2020

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
“The paperwork I need to fill out that would get my goods though customs in January does not exist yet” tis but a scratch.

Apparently U.K. Amazon sellers are being given days to fill in this non-existent paperwork or goods Amazon have chosen to store in euro warehouses which will be destroyed with no compo.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

PurpleXVI posted:

I suspect they're thinking at least in part of UK libel laws, which are a loving disaster.

learnincurve posted:

Op not idiot: Alexia show me the thing I would least like to spend and evening doing...

https://mobile.twitter.com/setoacnna/status/1339504719300071424

They know they can just say "we're misogynist and proud of it", right? Like, that will get them the same kind and amount of attention from their target audiences?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Don't do this stupid bullshit.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

They know they can just say "we're misogynist and proud of it", right? Like, that will get them the same kind and amount of attention from their target audiences?

you're not wrong, but it's better for group cohesion to use group-internal jargon than terms in common use.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

I suspect they're thinking at least in part of UK libel laws, which are a loving disaster.

The rainbow colors makes it look like a gay thing, rather than a misogyny, but I might be over thinking it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

The rainbow colors makes it look like a gay thing, rather than a misogyny, but I might be over thinking it.

It specifically says it's a gay thing in the advertisement. This is not mutually exclusive with misogyny.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Leon Sumbitches posted:

It's transphobic. Yeah, it could be misogynistic too, but it's explicitly anti-trans. See "Gender-critical" and the empasis on "human males" in an attempt to discourage anyone who's not Assigned Male At Birth (AMAB.) There's going to be zero discussion of any gay rights or activism or anything, instead it'll just be a bunch of rants about trans men. Which is, in its own sick way, kinda progressive given how mainstream culture completely ignores FTM and just focuses on "men in womens restrooms". (To be clear, it's extremely offensive, just interesting that it's one of the very anti-trans rights things targeted at trans males since those are so extremely rare.)

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

in part this is because wanting to be a man is seen as sensible in a patriarchal culture, you have more status. cis women have posed as men historically for this reason. contrarily, if you want to be a woman you must have some sinister ulterior motive that the bigot will invent for you.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Wrong thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

in part this is because wanting to be a man is seen as sensible in a patriarchal culture, you have more status. cis women have posed as men historically for this reason. contrarily, if you want to be a woman you must have some sinister ulterior motive that the bigot will invent for you.

I have this whole pinned thread explaining exactly what people calling themselves gender crits actually are

https://twitter.com/learnincurve11/status/1339531554306072576