Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

There's three reasons

1) rougeau trainees were only allowed to work rougeau shows. Kev knew it was a dead end so he asked to work indys (the one i work for for starters). Rougeau refused and told him he'd get a dark match, and if he refused he'd get nothing. He chose to leave and Rougeau made him person non grata.

2) rougeau was doing a benefit show during Kev's ROH days for a cause that is close to Kevin's heart (autism). He asked Rougeau to work the show for free, and Rougeau told him the card was full (wtf a free "name" and you turn it down?

3) Jacques is a giant rear end in a top hat, unlike his brother Ray who is an awesome dude to hang out with and talk, a real personable human being.

That 2nd one seems especially egregious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Rougeau is also the guy that almost got PCO to ruin his career by convincing him he shouldn't job to diesel (literally WWF champ) in montreal and it caused him a ton of trouble, including multiple fist fights with nash.

pretty sure it was all to own vince in some roundabout way too.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

That 2nd one seems especially egregious

I've been in the business (albeit in a small insignificant support role) for over 20 years.

I can count on one hand unpleasant interactions I've had with workers (I'm really easy to work with haha).

Rougeau is in my top 3 of "gently caress off poo poo head." Solid case for #1 haha.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Rougeau is also the guy that almost got PCO to ruin his career by convincing him he shouldn't job to diesel (literally WWF champ) in montreal and it caused him a ton of trouble, including multiple fist fights with nash.

Which was very interesting when my company booked Nash to wrestle PCO many many years after. I think we all ended up agreeing "gently caress rougeau."

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
tell us about the nash fistfights

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I def remember on how Rougeau would promise WWE dark matches tryout to his trainees but would get the match instead.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Numero6 posted:

I def remember on how Rougeau would promise WWE dark matches tryout to his trainees but would get the match instead.

Amount of signed guys from Rougeau's school in its entire history (who stayed with Rougeau) : 0

Our company (defined by guys who used the fed as a launching pad/were there for several years): 6

Rougeau is well....interesting.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

which one gave a british bulldog the old spicy right?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Royal Updog posted:

which one gave a british bulldog the old spicy right?

Jacques did that do Dynamite Kid.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Fair points by Suge D

https://twitter.com/sugardunkerton/status/1339721658601512960?s=21

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

ItohRespectArmy posted:

I was at a tv taping once and in a dark segment Jean Pierre Lafitte called out anyone with balls to come face him. I can’t imagine that played well in 1995 even if the cameras weren’t rolling. This was towards the end of his run there so he may have already stopped giving a gently caress by then.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

This is going to just continue to bridge the war and gap between promotions. This won’t end well if it gets traction.

I get his frustration though and anger. Business is dirty and there will unfortunately be winners and losers. I guess I just want to know more about his endgame here because this doesn’t sound like it’ll end pretty.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pretty sure Suge is working.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Roger that! I will admit he has always been a GREAT speaker.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah that's a great bridge to a richer character that could easily transition back to AEW one day. There's a lot of folks that can relate to person who was once bright eyed and hopeful who morphed into bitter realist

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1338951814482366466

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 18, 2020

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

He's right, Microsoft's name scheme for their consoles is really stupid

And it's all because they didn't want to have a number lower than Playstation

Call it the Xbox 6 if it makes you feel better, just stop confusing people with bad names that end up in more versions with more bad names

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Re: PCO, I need to go back to the unused interview I did with him in Chattanooga, because I think he told the whole Nash story,

MassRafTer posted:

Vince Russo campaigning to make Dave more popular.

https://twitter.com/Wrestlefactor/status/1339681623961321473
While Russo and Lane are more or less right on the copyright/fair use argument...aren't these probably automated takedowns? I was under the impression that once Bryan and Tony started building up the F4WOnline YouTube channel in a big way, they set up ContentID to make sure that new shows wouldn't get bootlegged on the site.

That said, I'd LOVE to see Russo try to sue Dave for defamation. The statute of limitations is a year in most states, including California and Colorado, the most likely states for a lawsuit, is one year. (I don't know when Russo last lived in Indiana, but there, it's 2 years from the date you found out about it, but that's...an interesting twist on the law.) I guess whatever old Observers were added to the site in the last year could count as republication and be within the statute of limitations, but otherwise, as someone who hasn't actually worked in wrestling in the last year or so, he has an uphill battle even before you get to how it's highly unlikely that Dave ever defamed him as it's defined under the law for a reporter writing about a public figure. Could Dave have gotten worked by sources at times when reporting on Russo? Sure. But sources lying to Dave wouldn't make it reckless disregard for the truth and obviously wouldn't be actual malice on Dave's part.

(I do have weird feelings about this as someone Dave has said a bunch of made-up nonsense about lately, but I'm not exactly convinced that HE'S who made it up and not some hanger-on he listened to uncritically. Although it's involved things he SHOULD know better about, as both were things we messaged about when we were on better terms.)

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

stab posted:

I've been in the business (albeit in a small insignificant support role) for over 20 years.

I can count on one hand unpleasant interactions I've had with workers (I'm really easy to work with haha).

Rougeau is in my top 3 of "gently caress off poo poo head." Solid case for #1 haha.

story is legit, the avatar checks out

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
BTW: Contrary to popular belief (although Wiki and Cagematch have it correct), Jacques didn't train PCO. Pat Girard was his original trainer.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
https://twitter.com/TajiriBuzzsaw/status/1339029094973853697

"I like this"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/satomurameiko/status/1339837507706388482

"Ignorance is a sin. Gain knowledge so that you cannot be deceived by honeyed words"

drat that NXT UK gig must be working out fantastic

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I wonder what she up to, while there.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I love Suge D but I don't know what point he's trying to make here, AEW pushed him into a program with Jericho and then he jumped to WWE to be an extra in RAW Underground, then WWE burned him. Is he trying to cut a worked-shoot King of the Indies promo?

I don't know what AEW's plans for him were but he probably would've been better off just staying there

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

I love Suge D but I don't know what point he's trying to make here, AEW pushed him into a program with Jericho and then he jumped to WWE to be an extra in RAW Underground, then WWE burned him. Is he trying to cut a worked-shoot King of the Indies promo?

I don't know what AEW's plans for him were but he probably would've been better off just staying there

He’s working and sometimes that involves saying things that don’t really make sense because it’s all pretend anyway :ssh:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

RealFoxy posted:

It's a work, but probably a tiny bit of him frustrated that achievements on the indies don't get well known; and that promotions try and promote someone who'll leave at the expense of talent who'll stay.

I remember the story of how Paul Heyman never put the title on Brock in OVW because he knew Vince could grab him at any second and he didn't want it to mess with his storylines.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I really bought the frustration about his tenure with AEW along with the short Jericho match...

The promo... felt real to me.

Hello, my name is Mark.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's a work but also right because that's a bunch of things that are true about the business.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The effective worked shoots are the ones that weave real poo poo into a story that can be turned into a work

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Lance Archer is officially in the creep squad

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/1339718151794208768?s=19

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://twitter.com/satomurameiko/status/1339837507706388482

"Ignorance is a sin. Gain knowledge so that you cannot be deceived by honeyed words"

drat that NXT UK gig must be working out fantastic
:nallears:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/bencarterbxb/status/1339972503280750596?s=20

5 words
7 syllables

Ben Carter Was Always Bad

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

dude took a well paying job during a pandemic and wants to work with one of the biggest stars in the company

what an irredeemable piece of a poo poo. total clown.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

cant believe that guy without a visa wanted to get paid

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

who do you think suggested he do the FTR/Young Bucks tweet for this laser focused heat?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fair enough on him for taking the only job he could get but lol if he thinks anyone is going to give a poo poo about a Carter/Rollins match in WWE in 2030

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rarity posted:

Fair enough on him for taking the only job he could get but lol if he thinks anyone is going to give a poo poo about a Carter/Rollins match in WWE in 2030

it will probably be good

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

"You have to be Twitter famous to make it in this business, well I'm not gonna play that game" *cuts a two and a half minute promo on Twitter with multiple camera shots and footage inserts*

Ya think?

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I’m glad Suge didn’t stick around in AEW since “Pineapple Pete” had very limited shelf-life. Jumping to WWE extra work was probably a misstep (but hey, cool payday), but sticking around in AEW was only going to lead to sticking at the bottom of the jobber totem pole (which, given how AEW treats it’s lowcard job guys, wouldn’t have been bad at all, but seems like Suge wants to be “more” than that).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What the gently caress is Seth gonna do to end up busted down to Main Event or 205 Live?