Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god
I would give Eververse a lot of silver if I could selectively mute Eva Levante.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

ClydeFrog posted:

I would give Eververse a lot of silver if I could selectively mute Eva Levante.

You can turn Dialogue volume down to 0 for no dollars.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm predicting NO Trials tomorrow, unfortunately. Anyone feeling optimistic? I was looking forward to getting some flawless ticky-ticks in

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

It's weird that everyone in-universe still calls them the Fallen after working arm in arm with Variks, who openly talks about how Eliksni find the term insulting

Like I don't expect a drastic change in terminology or anything it's just a strange interaction

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Strelok604 posted:

It's weird that everyone in-universe still calls them the Fallen after working arm in arm with Variks, who openly talks about how Eliksni find the term insulting

Like I don't expect a drastic change in terminology or anything it's just a strange interaction

Space racism is no joke.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Space racism is no joke.
Guardian [insect like chittering] that is ouuuuur word

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

A bunch of PvE-oriented content creators are whining that there isn't enough demand for constant How-To/Guide videos anymore and they have to make them for games other than Destiny

Brothers

Let us celebrate this most joyous day

Destiny is officially intuitive enough that we don't need a 20 minute guide for how to engage with every piece of content

lmao uh oh my forbes articles

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Sestze posted:

Guardian [insect like chittering] that is ouuuuur word

I was uh, just singing song lyrics. I swear!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Kind of like how the actual Eliksni word "Lovos" actually is supposed to mean 'gentle weavers' but humans translated it into 'wolves'

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bideo James posted:

lmao uh oh my forbes articles

Paul Tassi is an international treasure!!

Strelok604
Apr 26, 2020

Wormgod Caress gauntlets + bottom tree striker equals "who needs a gun"

speedrunning lost sectors by just punching everything to death even the bosses

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Paul Tassi is an international treasure!!

love to make a game for streamers to sit and meltdown about

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

Space racism is no joke.

Holliday calls them "ether chuggers" which sounds wildly more racist than it has any reason to be

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Bideo James posted:

love to make a game for streamers to sit and meltdown about

Don't forget to read his novels!!

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm fairly confident that the reason they've been gradually making a wider distinction between who we call Eliksni (allies) and who we call Fallen (villains) since Forsaken is because they eventually want Eliksni to be a playable race. That way it can still make sense to call allies of the Darkness "Fallen".

I'm... not sure if I like the Banshee reveal, unless he starts getting called "Grandpa" by Ana.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Kesper North posted:

Don't forget to read his novels!!

he writes the same thing those YA/scifi authors do on amazon. by writing about a video game he plays and obfuscates it just enough

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

sticklefifer posted:

I'm fairly confident that the reason they've been gradually making a wider distinction between who we call Eliksni (allies) and who we call Fallen (villains) since Forsaken is because they eventually want Eliksni to be a playable race. That way it can still make sense to call allies of the Darkness "Fallen".

I'm... not sure if I like the Banshee reveal, unless he starts getting called "Grandpa" by Ana.

I don't mind Banshee being a Clovis offshoot, but what I don't like is that he apparently died like 42 times in one afternoon and then never died again. Just kind of... went against my personal idea of him as this grizzled dude who was worn down and reset over decades/centuries of shenanigans.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Eej posted:

Holliday calls them "ether chuggers" which sounds wildly more racist than it has any reason to be

Martin Luther King posted:

We have no alternative but to protest. For many years we have shown an amazing patience… But we come here tonight to be saved from that patience that makes us patient with anything less than freedom and justice.
(From here)

Praksis, The Technocrat posted:

As for those of you following in his example, placing your faith in peace with our enemies… well, what good are the words of a scientist if you ignore what is before your own eyes? I can only encourage you to truly think. What proofs have your alleged allies offered of their loyalty? Their willingness to share equally with you? How have you benefitted, truly benefitted, from them?

If you answer, "None yet," or "I don't know," I admire your patience. For myself, for my Kell, for all of us of House Salvation, the time has grown too long and the failures too many to invest in such a flimsy experiment.

The Eliksni must update our approach if we are ever to rise. Either join us as we march toward progress…
(From here)

... are we the bad guys?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Now that's praxis

Doc Mave
Jan 7, 2007
Not a real doc.

Eej posted:

I got an incendiary grenade multikill in Crucible once and Shaxx yelled ‘Yes! Like a Glimmer Indian’s scorch cannon!’ I didn’t clip it, unfortunately.

ClydeFrog
Apr 13, 2007

my body is a temple to an idiot god

Kith posted:

You can turn Dialogue volume down to 0 for no dollars.

I will now do this when I'm sitting in the tower. Thank you very much.

I like the gunsmith voice - he's like an exo mandalorian. Some of the voice work in this is very good.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
'are we the baddies?'

nah

I mean, the Fallen have been raiding and killing humans for centuries and have twice launched major assaults on the last large human city. And every new scheme they've come up with has also marched to the war drums of 'and now we're going to go kill the humans!' and you know, the Fallen are invariably hostile to the player no matter what, but that's more of a gameplay thing.

when they had the upper hand, they didn't give two shits about human lives but now that they've started losing in the last few years suddenly a bunch of them are all "no, it's you who are the murderers" (please ignore my giant human skull throne)

so I- and probably a lot of people in game and out- would totes love to work with friendly fallen, like Misraaks or Variks, but guess what? Centuries of bloodshed don't just end in a year or two, it takes time to build trust, and relations.

Praksis is kind of a bad scientist here, he's going "hey we've failed to kill the humans the last half dozen times we've embraced some dark power/lost technology, but this time..." meanwhile Misraaks is the one who's actually looking at the root of the problem.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Mazerunner posted:

'are we the baddies?'

nah

I mean, the Fallen have been raiding and killing humans for centuries and have twice launched major assaults on the last large human city. And every new scheme they've come up with has also marched to the war drums of 'and now we're going to go kill the humans!' and you know, the Fallen are invariably hostile to the player no matter what, but that's more of a gameplay thing.

when they had the upper hand, they didn't give two shits about human lives but now that they've started losing in the last few years suddenly a bunch of them are all "no, it's you who are the murderers" (please ignore my giant human skull throne)

so I- and probably a lot of people in game and out- would totes love to work with friendly fallen, like Misraaks or Variks, but guess what? Centuries of bloodshed don't just end in a year or two, it takes time to build trust, and relations.

Praksis is kind of a bad scientist here, he's going "hey we've failed to kill the humans the last half dozen times we've embraced some dark power/lost technology, but this time..." meanwhile Misraaks is the one who's actually looking at the root of the problem.
oh i absolutely agree, they should stay out of humanity's collective garbage can.

or y'know, they can hang out in the garbage can, just stop trying to kill us every chance they get

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We need allies and being one of the races that had the Traveler's blessing gives us a common ground with the Fallen that we don't have with any of the other factions. Red Legion are a bunch of militaristic assholes, Calus wants to be our friend but he hosed off and he'd rather party down until the end of the universe than try and face it. Getting Crow to take command of the Scorn is an unlikely strategy right now. Good luck finding common ground with the Vex since electric chowder piloting mechs probably doesn't have anything to say to us and even if communication were possible, the Vex were also favored by the darkness back when it was just a pattern in the pre-universe's simulation of Conway's Game of Life. And of course, the Hive hate everything, especially us and need to kill just to avoid being eaten by their worms.

So yeah, House Light is probably our best bet at getting someone on our side. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of House of Wolves.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

There's a cut scene on the season of the hunt trailer that we haven't seen in game yet: Osiris and Zavala meeting with Cabal military leadership

Could be an enemy of my enemy situation.

ohhyeah
Mar 24, 2016
I think a season exploring House Light would be neat. You could get Suraya back in the mix and we all team up back at the Farm.

Idk what the story/season gameplay would be exactly (clearing out taken to make a home for the fallen?) but there are some good elements there. Lots of stuff about light-bearers vs. common folk, stuff like that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot the Farm even existed lol

e: Is Severance Enclosure worth picking up? I guess I may as well to get it out of the pool anyway but it seems shittier than just any other punchexotic

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 18, 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The farm is very much gone

Good riddance

Severance enclosure is worth picking up to get out of your loot pool and also for running a really fun gimmick build with Monte Carlo and burning maul subclass! Get 2 stacks of burning goodness and you 1 hit kill with your hammer and cause a massive explosion around the victim!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I don't know how I missed this but apparently the Tree next to Eva is full of presents, with more presents appearing every time we progress the Community Event?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I don't know how I missed this but apparently the Tree next to Eva is full of presents, with more presents appearing every time we progress the Community Event?

This but you’re getting paid a Forbes article for the post

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The farm is very much gone

Good riddance

Severance enclosure is worth picking up to get out of your loot pool and also for running a really fun gimmick build with Monte Carlo and burning maul subclass! Get 2 stacks of burning goodness and you 1 hit kill with your hammer and cause a massive explosion around the victim!
when i tested this last season, donking someone with the mini hammer resulted in an explosion resulting from your position, not the hammer itself, at least in PvE.

Made an already underwhelming exotic even more underwhelming-er

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Sestze posted:

when i tested this last season, donking someone with the mini hammer resulted in an explosion resulting from your position, not the hammer itself, at least in PvE.

Made an already underwhelming exotic even more underwhelming-er

That's the difference indeed! In PvE the explosion is on you, in PvP the explosion is on them. Try it in Control and rack up the 6-kills when you blow up a team trying to cap B!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Doc Mave posted:

I got an incendiary grenade multikill in Crucible once and Shaxx yelled ‘Yes! Like a Glimmer Indian’s scorch cannon!’ I didn’t clip it, unfortunately.

is "glimmer indian" supposed to mean uhhh fallen?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The developer based out of Seattle did not put the word "Indian" in their game jfc

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The developer based out of Seattle did not put the word "Indian" in their game jfc

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

As a long time Seattleite I guarantee that people who live here make dumb microaggressions and casual racist statements all the time, especially if they do something as disconnected from reality as "making videogames"

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Isn't Bungie based out of Bellevue anyway

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Roctavian posted:

As a long time Seattleite I guarantee that people who live here make dumb microaggressions and casual racist statements all the time, especially if they do something as disconnected from reality as "making videogames"

woosh

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Bungie did not put the phrase "glimmer indian" in their video game and I'm willing to :toxx: on that.

Also as to Roctavian's broader point Bungie employees were putting themselves on the front lines and getting tear gassed by riot cops during BLM protests in Seattle, including their CEO.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Dec 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Yeah, there was even a Bungie employee out there this morning protesting against the homeless encampment sweep, whom I met during the early summer -- AND I strongly doubt it actually says "glimmer indian" anywhere in the game -- but I also can't tell if a goon saying "Seattleites wouldn't do a racism" is speaking in jest or in authenticity