Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

PawParole posted:

why are they using dollars like it’s real money, not pounds.

Because pounds stop being real money in January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Pounds is already a good name because in January if you want a loaf of bread they'll have to weigh your money like in Venezuela

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

CactusWeasle posted:

Pounds is already a good name because in January if you want a loaf of bread they'll have to weigh your money like in Venezuela
dear cia,

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rees-mogg is beautiful to me. he's among the most loathsome of the useless freaks from a centuries old system designed to produce loathsome useless freaks. he will probably be pm one day because he has all the right class signifiers.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/duncanrobinson/status/1339454653415759873

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
lol everyone who understands the Tories mainland side hates their guts and even the right-wingers are willing to compromise on austerity as long as it pisses off the Tories

we're living through an unprecedented event of the EU as a whole agreeing on something without a need to coax everyone with threats of paperwork

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

endlessmonotony posted:

lol everyone who understands the Tories mainland side hates their guts and even the right-wingers are willing to compromise on austerity as long as it pisses off the Tories

we're living through an unprecedented event of the EU as a whole agreeing on something without a need to coax everyone with threats of paperwork

This was a pretty interesting read https://twitter.com/duncanrobinson/status/1339492775318982657 (you can bypass the paywall by inspecting network traffic with browser devtools)

but ultimately it's a a lot of words to just say:
https://twitter.com/JohnPaynter1970/status/1339542978008899586?s=20

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Anglo-Americans are fundamentally cracked up when it comes to helping your fellow man

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rees-mogg is beautiful to me. he's among the most loathsome of the useless freaks from a centuries old system designed to produce loathsome useless freaks. he will probably be pm one day because he has all the right class signifiers.

But he's not, he's a catholic stock broker whose dad bought a peerage.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

sullat posted:

But he's not, he's a catholic stock broker whose dad bought a peerage.

oh, a dedicated cosplayer then. that's funny in its own way.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

He's not useless. He's an effective piece of poo poo

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

He will rule you soon.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

gonadic io posted:

(you can bypass the paywall by inspecting network traffic with browser devtools)

thanks for the idea. i plugged https://www.economist.com/europe/2020/12/19/sprechen-sie-tory into https://outline.com/ and it works

poty posted:

i think whenever the real deadline is (which according to what some eu ministers are saying can be later than sunday) the eu will offer their current proposal + 1 fish and boris will accept and sell it like the biggest victory since world war 2 with the help of the telegraph and the daily mail

i would like to add to this prediction that the deal will be "agreed" today so that they can have triumphant front pages in the sunday papers

poty has issued a correction as of 08:12 on Dec 19, 2020

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

oh yeah. This is the month where we discover what brexit means

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

PawParole posted:

a secret man was not meant to know

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

We must be protected from the terrible secret of brexit.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/sturdyAlex/status/1340214074475507712

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

PawParole posted:

it means

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

pain

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

adequate food

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

piss
:brexit:

Mister Fantastic
Oct 25, 2007
Fallen Rib
The people voted for piss

Tincans
Dec 15, 2007

On the eve of Brexit, England pissed itself

http://www.twitter.com/joolsd/status/1340099873111232513

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

we've regained our sovereign tea (piss)

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
there will be adequate 2 litre bottles of piss

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That's just the way she goes bud, the way of the road.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
it sucks that i have to live with the consequences of brexit being insanely bad but at least all the peopel who voted for it finding out how loving poo poo it is will sustain me as I go hungry

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

spankmeister posted:

That's just the way she goes bud, the way of the road.

:)

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

TIER 4!!!!!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

PawParole posted:

wait is this poo poo finally happening

i dont believe it's real

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

comedyblissoption posted:

wait is this poo poo finally happening

i dont believe it's real

The Tories are loving up the covid response to try and distract from Brexit and loving up the Brexit negotiations to distract from the covid response so everything's just gotten worse and worse over the last month until we wake up on 1st Jan, there's no distractions anymore and we murder all Tories.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

namesake posted:

The Tories are loving up the covid response to try and distract from Brexit and loving up the Brexit negotiations to distract from the covid response so everything's just gotten worse and worse over the last month until we wake up on 1st Jan, there's no distractions anymore and we murder all Tories.
i think you're in the ending of brazil

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

namesake posted:

One of the fun parts of the Covid Brexit is that in a normal situation, with Hard Brexit approaching, people and companies could've taken steps to prepare. Like, companies could crank up production now to send to fill up their warehouses overseas so they would still be able to get product to overseas clients while the ports are all hosed up. But because of Covid, production has been massively hosed up. So when Hard Brexit hits they will have way less product sitting in overseas warehouses than normal.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The UK voted for Brexit before the US elected Trump and will only finally Brexit within the last month of Trump's presidency. Say what you will, but at least we got our stupid decision out of the way already.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Mantis42 posted:

The UK voted for Brexit before the US elected Trump and will only finally Brexit within the last month of Trump's presidency. Say what you will, but at least we got our stupid decision out of the way already.

I think you'll find that the stupid decisions by the ruling class have barely even begin in both our countries but definitely the UK.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

you should probably specify in your next patriotic song what the waves you rule are made of

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

lets imagine that by next year brexit has happened

what is a headline from this time next year?

Egg allowance will not be renewed for Christmas, insists embattled Mogg Emergency Regime

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"what's a headline?" - me, sucking the goo out of a deer bone, 2021

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
The what kingdom? Never heard of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010

gonadic io posted: