Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Elizabethan Error posted:

congrats on managing to out-shitpost both cartoon man and aardvark

okay i give up i have no idea what this post was about lol

Have an Action Shot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TheAardvark posted:

okay i give up i have no idea what this post was about lol

Have an Action Shot:

I'm very glad I Googled that word because I was concerned at the sheer amount of mayo :stonk: I would eat that sandwich

My eyes are not good between this and the fries

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
actualy catupiry is not any better hth

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Catupiry sounds like a feline action, like when you reach out to give a cat a gentle pet and it turns on you and tries to rend you for no loving reason

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Catupiry sounds like a feline action, like when you reach out to give a cat a gentle pet and it turns on you and tries to rend you for no loving reason

Clearly it's when a cat peers at you from halfway behind a corner.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I always want to read it as “mashed caterpillars”

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
catupiry may or may not be any good, i've never had it, but the only thing i can think of when i hear that word is "Mestre da Pizza."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Rate My Salad

Normally I crop out any identifying info from these but:

Load Bearing Avocado

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TheAardvark posted:

Normally I crop out any identifying info from these but:

how do you think Big Mike got so Big? peas and gristle, all a growing boy needs.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

It looks like canned tuna marinated in soy sauce.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

uber_stoat posted:

how do you think Big Mike got so Big? peas and gristle, all a growing boy needs.

Beans, gristle, and biscuits smeared with bacon fat

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

My local chippy does a jumbo hot dog, but they serve it in an appropriately lengthy bun. Personally I like the shorter bun being used as a handhold with bigger sausig.

The worst football match food I had was at a Dundee United game in the early 00s when I asked for a cheeseburger and got a reasonably tasty burger but with no cheese. A few bites in I found the cheese was enclosed within the burger patty, like a violently hot cheese caldera just waiting to erupt.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

uber_stoat posted:

catupiry may or may not be any good, i've never had it, but the only thing i can think of when i hear that word is "Mestre da Pizza."

If you like runny cream cheese that’s slightly sweet (or runny mascarpone that isn’t sweet enough), catupiry is for you!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

AlbieQuirky posted:

If you like runny cream cheese that’s slightly sweet (or runny mascarpone that isn’t sweet enough), catupiry is for you!

I do like those things though!!! I'm gonna eat a trash fired pizza next year god drat it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

zedprime posted:

Agreed. Eat it like an ice cream cone where you use the bun to hold up the sausage to your face to eat the overflowing sausage.
Fold the sausage in half and for god's sake put some tomato sauce on it.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

When my friend was in the navy and at sea, he snapped me a picture of a dish in the galley he aptly named “macaroni and gently caress it” and it really belongs here

Did you mean to attach an image to this?

Navy AFP: we were "hosted" by a British sub when we were in port in England, the had a picnic in our honor, American cookout themed, burgers, franks, chips, baked beans, potato salad etc, they had like 3 cooks and they worked loving TIRESLESSLY they must have heard of the American's prodigious eating habits because they went WAY overboard, just slaving over giant grills for hours, furiously cooking for their giant, ravenous American guests.

They cooked like loving 400 hamburgers and 400 hot dogs in a couple hours.

For 80 British, 60 American, and one Spanish sailors.

We got there and the cooks were just beaming over their enormous meat edifice, burgers and dogs stacked six feet loving high.

Like we did our best, I had a burger and dog, and another of each, double patty this time, as they implored us to eat more, as they realized that the mountain of meat behind them could never be finished. Even with our best and most heroic efforts we barely managed to finish over half the food.

But it was in vain, there was no way

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

hawowanlawow posted:

mushy peas are really good but it's actually pretty hard to find the right kind of peas for them here in America. Pretty much all of the peas at grocery stores are sweet baby peas and make for mushy peas that are way too sweet

What's the difference between mushy peas and pea soup?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

His Divine Shadow posted:

Mushy peas are made from marrowfat peas which are simmered until they go mushy and it's quite thick in texture, pea soup is made from split peas and is a looser texture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushy_peas

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

What's the difference between mashed potatoes and potato-leek soup?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Fur'mor wass tha diffence tween pe soup and smack barm pe wet?

https://youtu.be/N_oIys5KS4A

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

I can mushy peas, but

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Tiggum posted:

put some tomato sauce on it.

Never.

Mustard or bust

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog

thecluckmeme posted:

Never.

Mustard or bust

this means war

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I found the source for the sauerkraut snowman:

https://www.vice.com/en/article/7b78we/the-male-chefs-night-before-christmas

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

What's wrong with a nice cherry turnover and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and some loose corn?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

You know those pictures of what looks like a plate of food and then you realize: wait, no, these are all mineral specimens?

This picture had the exact opposite effect on me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Gravy just like mum used to coagulate

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"How many slices of gravy do you want" is traditional.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

love to use glue in my gravy for photos

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

My mom is staying with me for a while. She just surprised me with a salad: iceberg lettuce, tomato, and ranch.

Thanks mom. :3:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

My mom is staying with me for a while. She just surprised me with a salad: iceberg lettuce, tomato, and ranch.

Eww, tomato

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tripadvisor posted:

Try the pig salad! Salad liberally sprinkled with smoky pork! But don't swear there - they have about 12 signs saying that profanity will not be tolerated.

No pics of the Pig Salad, but they did have this one of the Chicken Strip Salad:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

I miss sliced fruit being shoved in my face now :(

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1339875467302735872?s=20

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

holy gently caress, why?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

This is a false flag operation by the CCP, surely.

surely

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TheAardvark posted:

No pics of the Pig Salad, but they did have this one of the Chicken Strip Salad:

Would go hard, I'll take 2 but sub garlic butter or Bleu cheese for the dressing pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like SPAM