Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Fauci personally traveled to the North Pole to vaccinate Santa himself and I refuse to believe otherwise. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Does anyone have the comic where a flight attendant is telling a young man to turn off his tablet, and a self amusing boomer says, "I guess I don't have turn off my book, hehehe." It was like this, only more so, and sincere.

This guy's art is just too adorable.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
This one?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Georgia fingers the radical left's gushing hole. A horny cartoon.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
The radical left is the only thing keeping that elephant from drowning.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Nenonen posted:

Sunk coast, more like

Enough of this sunk coast thalassy, back to cartoons.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Pants Donkey posted:

This is just...what? :psyduck: First, I cannot think of a high-ranking democrat who has really kicked around the idea of federal prosecution. Biden is assuredly going to pull a Ford (or I guess an Obama since there will be no pardon) with some “to allow for healing” BS reasoning. Like, weren’t you critical of Bush getting off free for his crimes? I get that war crimes are way more grievous, but jesus christ Trump is nonetheless a corrupt mess who has gotten plenty of Americans killed.
Let me answer a question with a question: is there a single instance of Ted Rall approving of anything done by anyone who had the power to do anything?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The radical left is keeping the water from flooding in... and the Republicans are helping them? :confused:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
We've got to strengthen the radical left, got it Ramirez!

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Elysiume posted:

The radical left is the only thing keeping that elephant from drowning.

The radical left is the only thing preventing the rising seas from consuming civilisation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This one makes no sense, republicans in Georgia are helping the Radical Left prevent a major flood?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

This dam is your FRIEND

He fights for RADICAL LEFTISM

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This one makes no sense, republicans in Georgia are helping the Radical Left prevent a major flood?

Georgia's intervention is holding back the (red) wave.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Remember this is the guy who had America the Train dangling over the cliff, held only by the coal car labeled Taxes with a donkey looking at it saying "We need to raise this."

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The radical left is clearly broken and needs to be replaced with an even stronger version. Assuming that's what Ramirez was going for, I'm guessing it need to be replaced with Conservative Values.

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Monday: Stinky ol' Trump won't concede the election!
Tuesday: Golly, what's everyone so upset about?! :shrug:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Needs more love

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

yeah it sure is hosed up that no one can find president hunter biden

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Systematized Racism? Golly gee whilikers! I, a person with moderately dark skin of intentionally unclear ethnicity that is actually a puppet for an old white man’s bad ideas have no clue what you’re talking about!

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

He was on the stage at Biden's victory rally. There, I found him.

I'm really going to get tired of hearing about Hunterghazi for the next decade or two.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Hello, politoons thread. It's me, the father of Gay Abortions. (Well... would-be father, I guess.)

It's been a long time! Good to see you looking well. I drew a thing today that I thought I ought to pop in and share with you. I humbly call it... the Editorial Cartoon of the Century!

(Bigger version)

This was born of me whingeing on twitter about that lazy, familiar meme floating in the media lately: "Well, 2020 was a nightmare, but don't worry — it's nearly over, phew! And 2021 will surely be much better!" Have they forgotten saying the same thing a year ago, about 2019 and 2020? And again a year before that? And a year before that, and so on and so on? Surely you'd recognise the pattern, at this point? But no, no: this year bad, therefore, next year good. We don't have to do anything; that's just what happens.

Anyway — it was born of that, but the format of it was born of years and years of browsing THIS VERY THREAD, and the endless cycle of Baby New Year cartoons (it's not a trope I've ever seen much outside of American editorial illustration), all some variation on what I've attempted, above, to distil into a single, reusable image, with a simple, dumb message — WHAT A poo poo YEAR — sure to remain relevant and postable every late December for decades to come. It's the everlasting gobstopper of editorial hackwork!

From a mostly-lurker, thank you all for your diligent posting, this year and every year, every year forever and ever. Merry Christmas and happy Gaybie season!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Gaybies Nomination: Most Easily Reinterpreted

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Chicken Parmigiana posted:

Hello, politoons thread. It's me, the father of Gay Abortions. (Well... would-be father, I guess.)

It's been a long time! Good to see you looking well. I drew a thing today that I thought I ought to pop in and share with you. I humbly call it... the Editorial Cartoon of the Century!

(Bigger version)

This was born of me whingeing on twitter about that lazy, familiar meme floating in the media lately: "Well, 2020 was a nightmare, but don't worry — it's nearly over, phew! And 2021 will surely be much better!" Have they forgotten saying the same thing a year ago, about 2019 and 2020? And again a year before that? And a year before that, and so on and so on? Surely you'd recognise the pattern, at this point? But no, no: this year bad, therefore, next year good. We don't have to do anything; that's just what happens.

I recall exactly four years ago there was a feeling that the coming year MIGHT be, uh, interesting for USA. Although there was a half of a hope that Trump would give up and resign after six months or so because being the king of the world actually sucks and he'd rather play Twitter and golf.

Well, it turns out that those alternatives aren't mutually exclusive.

Other than that, I love your work here! Except the feet. The feet look so weird with five toes, there's a reason why Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse only have eight fingers. But the angels are rad.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well that's lovely!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Going maskless [remember to add something here before publishing] Christmas Eve.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Going maskless [remember to add something here before publishing] Christmas Eve.

The first line doesn't fit the meter right either so I think Mike just gave up

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

UZworm posted:

The first line doesn't fit the meter right either so I think Mike just gave up

Is there an accent where relative rhymes with eve? Actually, I guess it's not supposed to. Eggnog on my face.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It would have been so easy too. "Grandma got infected by our cousin, at a maskless dinner Christmas Eve"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Broelman:

Pope:

Spooner:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Trapezium Dave posted:

Broelman:

Pope:

Spooner:

:goofy:

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
The Three Wise Guys: Broelman, Pope, and Spooner.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson's Covid Christmas chaos – With just days to go before Christmas, lorry drivers held up in and around Dover by European travel bans fear they may not be able to make it back home in time for celebrations with their families"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

France agrees to reopen UK border to lorry drivers with negative Covid test

Times:

Keir Starmer to promise wave of devolution under Labour government

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Christmas standstill at Dover

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

SirSamVimes posted:

It would have been so easy too. "Grandma got infected by our cousin, at a maskless dinner Christmas Eve"

You might say there's no such thing as covid

But now shes burried deep and seeping grease

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
In case you're wondering what the cartoons with the trucks are referencing...it's this clusterfuck:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1339851685666144258

https://twitter.com/Mazzythorne/status/1341278264246087680

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gee! I wonder why that is! Oh well, guess it's nothing we can do anything about.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Trapezium Dave posted:

Broelman:

Pope:

Spooner:

'Christianity is a plague onto the world' is one hella METAL take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Really, Please Feel Free to Abandon Us

Ted Rall posted:

President Donald Trump has ordered the evacuation of all but 800 United States troops from occupied Afghanistan, which the United States invaded 19 years ago. As usual, the media is repeating shibboleths about how the Afghans will feel “abandoned” by the US departure.