Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
you made it through the blitz, gently caress off idiots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Lol those brits, always at it

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Judakel posted:

you made it through the blitz, gently caress off idiots

lol you mean the tory dads/grampas who totally made it out, actually, they would have totally made it out if they had to, because

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Dustcat posted:

how fast does scurvy set in because i don't think there's too many dandelions growing in britain in december

perhaps the government could put out some advice on which breeds of dog contain vitamin C

Look at mister moneybags over here who can afford fresh dog meat. Your missus doing "favours" for the local dog butcher?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

redleader posted:

didn't they water down the rum in the navy? which is appropriate, because you were never guaranteed adequate alcohol

Well they had to honestly because the rum was strong enough to light on fire (that's what the gunpowder proof thing is about) and giving sailors half a pint of 57% rum and then having them climb the top sail or whatever it is that they did wasn't exactly safe.

Note that this meant they just diluted your ration, you still got the full amount each day. Which was 16 units of alcohol each and every day.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

spankmeister posted:

Well they had to honestly because the rum was strong enough to light on fire (that's what the gunpowder proof thing is about) and giving sailors half a pint of 57% rum and then having them climb the top sail or whatever it is that they did wasn't exactly safe.

Note that this meant they just diluted your ration, you still got the full amount each day. Which was 16 units of alcohol each and every day.

oh, lol. that owns

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
i love the fact you morons are already rationing. you couldn't even wait a few weeks. a pre-brexit brexit also due to your own choices

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah iirc it was roughly equivalent to drinking malibu all day. strong enough to preserve the vitamin c, weak enough so you won't black out. a lightweight that doesn't do it everyday would be wrecked though

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Brexit! - Now with 70% more scurvy!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
I'm holding out for TB with my covid 2 and scurvy. It'll give the tories an excuse to purge the badgers again.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Cabbage has vitamin c, I'm sure there will be sufficient cabbage

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
drat i saw one lying by the side of the road the other day. should have stopped and picked it up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Brexit and corona finally doing what Karl Donitz couldn't

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
it looked in pretty good nick too

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nonsense posted:

can't wait for starmer's Gordy style relaunch only for steve bell to get fired for it

steve bell already got fired for his watson/netanyahu comic, his contract just hasn't run out yet

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

crispix posted:

it looked in pretty good nick too

Badger or cabbage?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Ottojizzmark/status/1341498146984251392?s=20

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The first good FBPE post...

Internet Poster
Nov 1, 2020

Lufthansa airlifts food to the UK amid lorry chaos

quote:

Germany's Lufthansa is airlifting fresh fruit and vegetables to the UK on Wednesday as firms seek to beat the lorry chaos at sea ports

The airline said it is carrying 80 tonnes of food from Frankfurt to Doncaster Sheffield Airport for grocers including Tesco and Sainsbury's.

Almost 3,000 lorries remain stuck in Kent despite moves to re-start cross-Channel access from Dover.

There are concerns that testing drivers for Covid could delay food supplies.

France shut its border with the UK on Sunday for 48 hours to stop the spread of a new variant of the coronavirus found in the UK.

"Lufthansa Cargo is currently examining whether additional special cargo flights can be offered during the next days. We are also checking if a regular flight might be possible," a spokeswoman told the BBC.

"This could be with a freighter, but we are also examining if we could use passenger aircraft for freight flights only," she added.

Lufthansa said the delivery, sent by freight firm Venus International Transport, was destined for Tesco, Sainbury's, the Co-op and Aldi.

quote:

Tesco has introduced purchasing limits on some products including eggs, rice, soap and toilet roll. Customers are allowed to buy up to three of each item.

I'll have three egg, please

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

one of my BBC newshour hosts was canned but I don't know who it is or why, help

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

that twitter poster who bought the sacks of wet eggs for a pound each is probably feeling really smug right now

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Germans doing a reverse Berlin airlift to own the libs tories

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Communist Thoughts posted:

steve bell already got fired for his watson/netanyahu comic, his contract just hasn't run out yet

never heard of the watson/netanyahu comic before and the first link after a google search says this:

The Guardian has come under fire over its coverage of anti-Semitism after the paper refused to publish a cartoon depicting Jeremy Corbyn's critics and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in a negative light and also for the paper's decision to pull a letter signed by 100 prominent Jews in defence of the Labour leader.

and the guardian is supposed to be a left wing newspaper lol
it proves itself to be utter poo poo over and over again

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

the blitz, but the germans are dropping aid packages

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

*tugging collar nervously as I struggle to come up with the perfect snarky Berlin airlift joke*

Have they built Tescohof Airport yet???

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Jazerus posted:

The blintz

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mrmcd posted:

The blintz

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jazerus posted:

In response, the government launches a fleet of Farage Balloons over London to stop dangerous foreign vitamin bombs from reaching the ground.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/TomMcTague/status/1341813912703004674

pre-heat the oven because the brexit deal is here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i'm sure they worked out all the kinks with ireland too

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
you'd better not end up with a last minute deal. you've been teasing us with no-deal for years, you fuckers

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

redleader posted:

you'd better not end up with a last minute deal. you've been teasing us with no-deal for years, you fuckers

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

working air berlin and the berlin walls into a joke except with a tunnel

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

redleader posted:

If you were expecting anything but a last-minute capitulation and a wet fart of a Brexit, then you weren't paying attention.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

redleader posted:

You fool. CSPAM's accelerationist fantasies will never come to pass. Political science has been perfected. The checks and balances are in place, the pressure release valves are fully functional. Things will get progressively worse, our leaders more cartoonishly incompetent, at precisely the right rate to be normalized. We will always be two steps away from bloody revolution, five steps away from humanity's untapped psychic potential spontaneously blowing the heads off the ruling elite in a single moment of collective rage.

When the last two humans on earth find the last scrap of calorific content, the man with the shinier shoes will take it and the other will be too polite to stop him.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1341869025991733248

looks like the deal is a triumph who could have guessed it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
reminder harry cole was in a relationship with boris' current fiance until she had an affair with boris

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

poty posted:

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1341869025991733248

looks like the deal is a triumph who could have guessed it

so this is just tabloids being tabloids or there's actually a deal that won't push the uk to the brink of national starvation?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

almost certainly what's happened is that the brits have folded on the main differences, specifically on adherence to the EU's regulatory standards in the future wrt fish etc

which everybody paying attention knew they would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

so this is just tabloids being tabloids or there's actually a deal that won't push the uk to the brink of national starvation?

For whatever it's worth the guardian is running it as their front page too. It looks like a deal *of some kind* is imminent?