Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

TheFluff posted:

According to Jinx it's RNG whether his E proc releases a particle or not. Same problem as Zhongli's E in other words. :smith:

It seemed to be about a 50% chance in the trial. Not too bad in terms of passive energy regen, but Favonius Sword is kind of a must have for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Dear god why is the Hydro boss so much more long, involved, and brutally difficult than the other five elements. I'm so loving done with this lovely fight and its obscene damage numbers and death nukes.

bring a geo character and the hydro shields will completely negate any damage trivializing the fight. combine it with a ranged character that can react with hydro and you'll have no problem with the all the bird spawns.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait complaining works? I too got a fukkin Diluc constellation from my pile of free standards. Don’t even use the guy, though I must admit he is slightly more dreamy than he seems as an npc.

Also I think the designs in this game are mostly on point but Rosario just seems like she is missing some textures.

Also also this event feels even weirder as a limited time only thing than Fischl’s, which was very weird. And the sword kinda sucks I’m not sure who to give it to. It’s a strange combo of high atk but smaller not-dmg substat.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Did a good-luck 10 roll after doing the Albedo trial and found him a lot of fun to use... golden star... Qiqi C2 :frogbon:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am the contrarian who enjoys playing Diluc because I like 1. characters that have rekkas and 2. characters that are good

It would be nice if he weren't so obviously a 15 year old's first D&D character but IIRC there are other characters who clown on him for this, so I'm willing to give it a pass

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

New poo poo! This is what I'm all about.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Joining the Qiqi C1 club :smith:

Well, at least now I'm guaranteed Geotwink if I hit pity in 20 days.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

kater posted:

Also also this event feels even weirder as a limited time only thing than Fischl’s, which was very weird. And the sword kinda sucks I’m not sure who to give it to. It’s a strange combo of high atk but smaller not-dmg substat.

Isn’t it energy recharge? Sounds good for support Bennett, who generally has more er than he needs but loves base atk

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

Avynte posted:

yeah, this round of trials they really worked the enemy / team comps to sell the characters in some perfect setups lol

Sucrose's trial made me appreciate Lisa a little more. I already loved Sucrose.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Glazius posted:

There's like 12 levels on the frosty tree, I suspect EVENT SHENANIGANS will be responsible for some of them.

As for the new lawachurls, get them to magic pixel levels, engage MOST DODGE, wind up your killing blow as they're winding up to put the armor on.

You get a weekly set of quests for 5 at rank 8, I think they've merged rep/geoculus for this zone

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeah Bennett is who I ended up giving it to. Which fits, of course he’d be using a cursed sword.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

inthesto posted:

I am the contrarian who enjoys playing Diluc because I like 1. characters that have rekkas and 2. characters that are good

It would be nice if he weren't so obviously a 15 year old's first D&D character but IIRC there are other characters who clown on him for this, so I'm willing to give it a pass

When the main characters of your game are a rude space teen and a flying clown, I think making a Char Aznable guy put up with them is just a good idea.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

gandlethorpe posted:

Anyone unlock the domain yet? Is it story locked or can you get to it reasonably quickly? The game doesn't let you just climb the mountain.
You already know about the quest, but for those curious about the domain itself:

The domain gimmick is Sheer Cold. The arena is a 3x3 grid and random tiles either heat up to lower SC or chill to increase it. This has no effect on the enemies and the hot/cold tiles do not proc Pyro/Cryo. By and large you can ignore it if you just move out of cold zones and occasionally pop into warm ones.

The AR45 domain has only two enemies: One Cryo Abyss Mage and one Frost Lawachurl. No special auras I could see, just a straight fight. The mage is inconsequential; he barely does anything in my experience and can either be targeted early or left with his shield up so he mostly takes shots at you or drops icicles, both of which you will likely avoid because the Lawachurl is very aggressive and you need to stay on the move anyway.

The Lawachurl is bulky and hits very hard. From what I can tell, Frost Lawachurls have Cryo armor as a gimmick but their resistance to Pyro is actually quite high, so while you can melt the armor easily you will not do tons of damage afterward as you might expect. The domain recommends bringing Pyro, Electro, Geo, and Anemo and I think this is why: (1) Overload reactions ignore defense and the Lawachurl can't be knocked away, (2) Anemo can shred resistances with VV or Swirl the mage shield to let an Electro character proc Superconduct to lower the Lawachurl's physical defense, and (3) once the armor is broken, Geo damage seems more effective at baseline than Pyro or Physical. I found it much more effective once I brought Fischl with my Diluc as the Overloads did a lot more damage than Melts and Vaporizes.

While I'm sure it will be super annoying after enough runs, I like the overall design of the domain. It has only one hard mechanic which can be mostly ignored, and the rest is soft mechanics which encourage a certain approach but don't penalize all others. There are also multiple possible approaches; I don't use Ningguang but she is apparently very effective, so there are 2-3 ways to do it with very different teams. I'm not even sure it penalizes the elements you're farming for; Freeze comps might actually be really good here, as long as you have a Pyro to assist first.

It's also got two great sets in it which makes it less disappointing when you roll the wrong one. I can do a lot more with decent Blizzard Strayer rolls than I ever could with Maiden or Lavawalker. Notably, C1 Kaeya with Black Sword in a freeze comp hits 102% Crit Rate with no artifact stats in CR. Throw in XQ and Chongyun and you've got a permafreeze party with an autocrit Kaeya. Not bad, though I hope to actually get Hydro set pieces at some point...

Bussamove posted:

There’s a “swap to character and use their burst” keybinding and my life is forever different knowing this.
This replicates a feature on mobile where tapping the burst icon next to their portrait does just that. Actually kind of annoying if you touch that part of the screen by mistake.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Rosaria is just lady Diluc (not a bad thing)

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Wait, this event is time limited? When does it end? I want that sword

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

inthesto posted:

The consolation prize for not scoring any internet points is that you get a carry that has good stats and synergizes well. Just don't tell anyone.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
New code: GSIMPTq125

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Dear god why is the Hydro boss so much more long, involved, and brutally difficult than the other five elements. I'm so loving done with this lovely fight and its obscene damage numbers and death nukes.

I've resorted to begging my WL1 newbie friends to let me join their worlds to fight it. My Xingqiu has been languishing at 60/60 for too long!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Flair posted:

Genshin Simp

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Genshin Simp Pact - Roll for Ganyu

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Tsyni posted:

My first 2-3 weeks of the game I somehow lucked out and got prototypes more than every other run. I haven't gotten another one since then, lol.

I had the same thing happen. I was getting one almost every boss when I first started playing and thought they were relatively common, I have not got one in months now. I wonder if they compete with some other drop like the boss drop talent items or something else.

Stormgale posted:

There are at least 70 Tree Feeding seed things in the mountain, I just got to rank 8 (you start at 1 I think) after scouring my way towards the top of the mountain

I ended up with 4 extra, so at least 74. It is annoying because the quests from rank 8 give 5 so I am stuck one short of levelling the tree to 9. I wonder how many total there are, because at least to me it does not make sense to end up one short of levelling once you start accruing them in increments of 5.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm on PS4, am I dumb or is there no way to add gadgets to all of the face buttons? I try to add the NRE and that works, but then I can't put the Wind Catcher on something else like I'd assume I'd be able to.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Amos' bow rework is really weird. Why bother requiring half a second of being switched to, to have the full attack bonus?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

inthesto posted:

I like playing Diluc because sometimes I just wanna roll my face across the keyboard and have everything die

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
If anyone is thinking about whaling for Albedo's C2 because the description makes it sound like it turns him into a carry, there seems to be a mistranslation on his C2. The bonus damage apparently only applies to his burst. It's not as gamechanging as it sounds.

e: cashed in all my starglitter to try to get albedo, got C2 mona. not even mad

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Dec 23, 2020

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So apparently if you do the Mona story quest after that meteorite event she asks you if you remember her (I'm guessing that the meteorite quest also did something similar if you had done her story quest before).

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Flair posted:

Thanks! Still working.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Where are these weekly artifact vendors anyways? I know the lady outside the bar in Mondstadt, but people said there were two others?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

kater posted:

Where are these weekly artifact vendors anyways? I know the lady outside the bar in Mondstadt, but people said there were two others?

Two in Liyue. One dude near the northern entrance to the city, one lady next to the souvenir shop who's only active at night.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

kater posted:

One on the pier in Liyue Harbor down by the bridge leading to the road north to Mondstadt, one up in the commercial district next to the geo sigil vendor. Latter one only shows up in the evenings (in-game time).

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
RIP. I spent about 50 saved rolls trying to get one more Fischl constellation so I could max her out, but ended with a bunch of Bennet and Sucrose constellations. The new place is lovely though, I can't wait to dive into exploring a new area.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
How do you break through the shield to get to the cyrstal at the bottom of the cavern (next to the bullshit challange)? I feel like there is some obvious answer in the clue about the grass but can't find anything.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009

nessin posted:

How do you break through the shield to get to the cyrstal at the bottom of the cavern (next to the bullshit challange)? I feel like there is some obvious answer in the clue about the grass but can't find anything.

Beat the challenge

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

nessin posted:

ThePineapple posted:

Beat the challenge

i thought this was really the only egregiously bad design i saw in this new area. there's no way to tell what exactly is causing the barrier to be up and the challenge itself is surprisingly tough so a frustrated player will try everything BUT replaying it. also yeah paimon's hint is extra-poo poo because it's worse than unhelpful, it's just straight up misleading.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
oh, huh, the ice dome threw me for a loop as well as I figured it was tied to quest progression. walked over and did the challenge then just left because i figured "nah, they can't be related"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Flair posted:

someone linked me this earlier and i thought i was being trolled, couldn't believe it actually worked lol

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

I have never been so excited for a game to announce that there are bugs and that they'll be issuing a patch. You know what that means: compensation primos!

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hey guys would you rock an R5 Aminus on Diluc or a Serpent Spine?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

lol i almost got struck by lightning and it gave me a small elec orb of energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Hexel posted:

Hey guys would you rock an R5 Aminus on Diluc or a Serpent Spine?

If you're good at dealing with burning grass ticks, Serpent Spine for sure.