Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
for me it starts at one spot but grows to take up a large chunk of my vision. i got pretty panicky the first time, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Last migraine I had was about 18 months ago and the very center of my vision became a blind spot, so if I tried to read a word directly, it wouldn't work, but I could read by looking just to the side of the word. Then I spent the day puking and wishing I was dead. :waycool:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Dear PS4 thread, enjoy this day, take care of yourself and your family and have a good night!

I finally got this other family finally complete (now I have shitloads of gaming to do too).

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Guillermus posted:

Dear PS4 thread, enjoy this day, take care of yourself and your family and have a good night!

I finally got this other family finally complete (now I have shitloads of gaming to do too).

That's awesome, enjoy! I just started Y6 this morning, enjoying it so far, love this series!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rinkles posted:

for me it starts at one spot but grows to take up a large chunk of my vision. i got pretty panicky the first time, lol.

I got my first one in school and I legit thought I was going blind

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I get migraine auras once or twice a month, and they are not fun. The first time it happened was when I was driving as a teenager, which had me freaking out and was a terrible experience trying to figure out how to see well enough to get home, and I had a terrible headache immediately afterwards. After realizing what it was, I pretty much carry headache meds with me, and take them as soon as I notice the aura, and it is mostly okay. It helps to turn off the light and avoid screens as much as possible for me, and thankfully if it happens at work, I teach in a classroom that has outside windows and the students don't mind if I just leave the lights off. At home it helps to just take a nap or lay down for a while.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I acutally suffer from migraines near daily. My favourite is waking up with one and thinking "Ahhhh yes. Thank you for this lovely start to the day."

Luckily my doctor prescribed these painkillers that do alleviate them a lot. :)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DuckHuntDog posted:

I get migraine auras once or twice a month, and they are not fun.

Wow, you have my sympathies.

VideoGames posted:

I acutally suffer from migraines near daily. My favourite is waking up with one and thinking "Ahhhh yes. Thank you for this lovely start to the day."

Luckily my doctor prescribed these painkillers that do alleviate them a lot. :)

I used to get much more when I lived in the Netherlands (cause of the weather?). Moving to the States has really brought down their frequency.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I got my first one in school and I legit thought I was going blind
Doesn't help that this is actually something that can happen. There's something called "cortical blindness" that it basically caused by your brain forgetting how to process the images that the eyes perceive, usually through brain damage caused by minor oxygen starvation. There's nothing wrong with your eyes at all, your brain just refuses to acknowledge that it's actually seeing anything meaningful in what the optical nerves are telling it.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Odd coincidence that the best posters in the PS4 thread also all suffer from migraines. Suffering for our hubris, maybe?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m the exception that proves the rule in that case

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The worst one I ever had was late last year where a doctor had to be called out to my house at like 1 in the morning because I was in so much pain, they had to give me injections. It was wild. My work/life balance was totally messed up back then between work, commuting, studying and teaching. Now with working from home I've never been healthier. Lowest weight in years, way less migraines and most importantly... more time for PS4 :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP2135-CUSA04242_00-AV00000000000128?PlatformPrivacyWs1=all&psappver=19.15.0&smcid=psapp

good deal

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Speaking of Yakuza, can I mess up this Ichiban Confections management game or is it forgiving enough

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Speaking of Yakuza, can I mess up this Ichiban Confections management game or is it forgiving enough

Its pretty forgiving (and not nearly as complicated as it looks). A lot of people gently caress up the first shareholders meeting, but you can just take a bank loan and keep on trucking.

Long story short: you want to staff your properties, in the early running dont keep anyone on who doesnt have a job (later on their salaries are just a drop in a bucket). Firing someone puts them back into the hiring pool, it doesnt get rid of them forever. If you cant fill the bars entirely you still get most of the money from the properties.

Its not the management game from Zero, you dont have to rotate your staff off to give them a break, just go in and spend some money on them. I think Square on the staff menu is your "autocare" button IIRC, which does it for all your staff at once. You want to do that before the shareholders meeting.

In the meeting pay attention to the rock-paper-scissors colour thingy. You need to use the colour the speech bubble is weak to in order to break the bubble, then attack with the colour the shareholder is weak to. You need one employee of each colour, with the best activation cost/charisma ratio you can. Personally I never took Granny or Omelette out of my crew, they are both A+ shareholder breakers. (EDIT TO ADD: You can pause during the shareholders meeting, so you can go "poo poo, that arguement is weak to... Oh, green. And the dude is weak to red. So I'll use this guy then hit him with that guy. Unpause. Also Ichibans apologies are a) Super Strong abilities and b) hilarious animations, feel free to use them if you need to, they dont have a downside other than their cooldown)

When you move up a band in the share rankings its probably time to sell off a load of lower tier properties and invest in the more expensive ones.

SiKboy fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Dec 24, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Namnesor posted:

Odd coincidence that the best posters in the PS4 thread also all suffer from migraines. Suffering for our hubris, maybe?

Sit further away from the TV.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do you know how small text is on games these days

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Escobarbarian posted:

Cyberpunk is nice in that it allows you to choose the text size.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Namnesor posted:

I dont suffer from migraines! Oh wait

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

exquisite tea posted:

Sit further away from the TV.

the tv has only gotten bigger over the years, it's like...pursuing me. do they even make smol tvs anymore?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol now i might buy it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

happy crimbus goons :toot:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Guillermus posted:

Why is it that all PS4 thread posters seem to suffer from minigames?

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Mafia Definitive edition worth picking up ?

I'm also wondering this; I never played the original.

Pulcinella posted:

KRZ is amazing and makes for a great companion piece to Disco Elysium.

I am stoked as hell to finally get to play this on PS4 in the spring! My partner played the game when it launched (his main platform is PC while mine are consoles) and he was obsessed.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Why is it that all PS4 thread posters seem to suffer from minigames?

minigames are a staple of animebrain which is a common gaming brain disease experienced by very sexy people

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Guilty as charged.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Rinkles posted:

One of these?

I only started getting them the last few years. Before it was "just" the headaches.

I had one of these a few years ago, I was dehydrated and cold and playing persona 5 in the dark and then I rubbed my eye because it seemed hosed up and all of a sudden my vision in that one eye was hosed up like a fractured cellphone screen, but I could still see normally through a tiny hole...like someone was holding a fragmented blanket in front of that eye and there was a hole poked in it, and even when I closed my lids it was there. And then entire pieces went dark and I started to freak out and was really disoriented and couldn't even use a phone properly to call anybody so I drank two glasses of water, ate a cookie, downed two tabs of ubuprofen, and then stumbled to the bathroom to take a bath in the dark. About 90 mins later things were mostly back to normal.

From what I'm told this is called an Inter-ocular Migraine. It was severely hosed and scary and I'm glad it never happened again so far because at the time I definitely thought I was going blind.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When I was a teen/early 20s I would get them so bad that I would emergency have to rush home from work when the ocular stuff started because I knew I had about 20 minutes before it turned into the most incapacitating mega headache ever that would last for 5-6 hours.

Then I didn’t get them again for over 15 years until 2020 quarantine land. Luckily when I get them now it’s just the visual worm thing and it never turns into the headache. Knock on wood.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Escobarbarian posted:

they want to break your eyes and feast on the goo inside

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Sony's year end sales destroy my wallet :negative:

Picked up:

Cloudpunk: owns. Literally a better game than Cyberpunk, and I love Cyberpunk.

Civilization 6: I skipped 5. Really dig the presentation and how easy the controls are, new mechanics seem fun and definitely not just "exactly the same game as civ 2"

Persona 5 Royal: oh my God I'm gonna lose another 140 hours to this game

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.

fit em all up in there posted:

Is Mafia Definitive edition worth picking up ?

I had fun with it. It was a nice open world game that only took like 15 hours. Graphics are nice. The story was pretty good. Gamefly had it for $15 and it's absolutely worth it. No real replay value though

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

merry christmas or happy holidays or have a good weekend whatever your buzz or vibe is to everyone reading this ITT
<3

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
gave days gone a try, it has some interesting voice direction but wallpaper-paste everything else

terrible gun/damage feedback too which is pretty crucial for games like these

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Days gone is very competent but not totally soulless

It's like an ubi game without most of the bullshit

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s almost universally regarded as “better than we all thought it would be” for whatever that’s worth.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Technically true since everyone thought it would be total garbage and it came out perfectly average

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hearing deek sign off on cope's anti-consumerist rant by screaming "YOU STOLE MY BIKE YOU rear end in a top hat" loud enough for it to literally echo into the wilderness was a good bit, i'll admit that much

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Sakurazuka posted:

Dad Nier was every version except Japanese PS3 which had brother Nier. But that's now the canon version so

Wasn’t the Japanese Xbox version of dad NieR (Gestalt) also an English dub with Japanese subtitles? Such a weird way of handling it, but also really cool.

The new one looks like a solid remake but I know Yoko Taro too drat well to take it at face value that it’s a straight port. Maybe it is, but that doesn’t seem like it’d be how he rolls.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

anyone ever play Little Nightmares? a buddy suggested i pick it up around Halloween but i never got around to it until earlier this week. not amazing but definitely great art direction, animation, and a whimsical experience. i was grinning like a dummy at the whole chef sequence, watching them roam around cooking and reacting to me rattling around was worth the price of admission alone. I'll probably pick up the sequel coming out in a few months.

also started playing Kentucky Route Zero this morning and I'm up to Act II. it's had its hooks in me right from the beginning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
little nightmares was perfectly Okay

the sequel's looking a lot more interesting to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP_BJJm-n0g