Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
It’s also possible the next steps will be Stormblood then ShB fates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

Awesome! posted:

you can. in the last moogle tomestone event av was a stone dungeon and people were speed running it and doing that pull pretty consistently in df.

Yeah, thinking about it holy would've done the trick to stem the bleeding.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time

OddObserver posted:

I am not sure fates with full on trains on them are a good experience, either --- stuff just dies too fast.

When I was grinding out my DRG artifact at the tail end of 5.3 it was less than 10 people doing these fates in a zone at a time, often ungrouped. It was way way short of a Bozja train.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
oh man I'm loving these lvl 60 BLM quests very much including the scene cropping cutting off my head. It feels like grandma is in charge of the camera and is delightful

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Aurum Vale is fine, especially compared to ARR dungeons. You can't idiot pull the first room, but after that it's easy and speedrun friendly.

multipulls with the banemites and diremites can also be pretty dicey sometimes. not always impossible but sometimes a bit close for comfort depending on gear levels.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

OddObserver posted:

I am not sure fates with full on trains on them are a good experience, either --- stuff just dies too fast.

I mean, if the "make the HW zones feel alive" thing is the goal, it doesn't even really matter if the trial-goers are actually participating in the FATEs, just that they constantly see people in the zone with them.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

HELLO AURUM VALE loving RULES AND WHAT THEY DID TO COINCOUNTER IS A TRAVESTY THANKS FOR READING MY POST

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

World War Mammories posted:

HELLO AURUM VALE loving RULES AND WHAT THEY DID TO COINCOUNTER IS A TRAVESTY THANKS FOR READING MY POST

:agreed:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
outside of First Room Problems I don't mind Aurum Vale, it's Dzemael Darkhold that's the worst dungeon

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I don't know how any of these can be the worst dungeon when Copperbell and Toto Rak exist.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Darkhold lets me megapull the first 1/3 of the dungeon into the crystal aoe at the end, so it's all right in my book

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

I miss the (Hard) dungeon revamps they use to do :(

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ither posted:

I miss the (Hard) dungeon revamps they use to do :(

they did a few in stormblood but i'm pretty sure they're gonna be the main casualty of the lowered dungeon count for this expac

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I don't know how any of these can be the worst dungeon when Copperbell and Toto Rak exist.

Copperbell is fine, just a little boring. Toto-Rak is absolute torture, it's a huge maze with boring enemies and copy-paste minibosses. That section at the end where you have to walk through muck that slows you down always feels like it goes on forever.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Copperbell is loving awful because you have to endure two "boss fights" that take for-making GBS threads-ever and that you can do absolutely nothing to speed up.

Chomposaur
Feb 28, 2010

Begemot posted:

ARR dungeons really bring out the worst in some tanks. They will just pull everything before every boss, even if gets them killed or you end up having to run back for mechanical reasons (Toto-Rak) because they're impatient and want to show off how tough they are.

I was showing a new buddy some of the level 50 hard modes the other day and boy howdy Pharos Sirius is rough with no one knowing mechanics and the tank pulling to the wall. Tank went to the wall in the first hallway and it was a slaughterhouse, he kept getting chunked and a bunch of debuffs went out and everyone was constantly exploding for like 95% of their HP (I assume it had something to do with the debuff?). First boss I guess we were not killing doggos fast enough or something because spamming every AE heal I had was barely enough to scrape by, second boss we wiped on like four times because our dancer kept exploding all the eggs with steps and the bird went into nonstop murder mode.

TBH I'd love dungeons that are actually meant to be that difficult to heal! I got on board at the end of Stormblood so I never got to experience "hard" dungeons as current content.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

holy isnt super viable in the first room of aurum vale because the plants are content to attack you from range, and you can't do a lot of healing before the stun wears off cause you're basically gcd locked at that level. maybe it works better if you're sync'd down for it, but i ran aurum vale 3 or 4 times to level my white mage and i tried the holy spam but it did not go great. you pretty much have to spam cure and if its not enough then the tank hosed up

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Chomposaur posted:

TBH I'd love dungeons that are actually meant to be that difficult to heal! I got on board at the end of Stormblood so I never got to experience "hard" dungeons as current content.

The hard tag is a complete misnomer in this game. Hard either means it's 8-man story content, or a remixed dungeon. There's no difference in difficulty compared to any other story content.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

holy isnt super viable in the first room of aurum vale because the plants are content to attack you from range, and you can't do a lot of healing before the stun wears off cause you're basically gcd locked at that level. maybe it works better if you're sync'd down for it, but i ran aurum vale 3 or 4 times to level my white mage and i tried the holy spam but it did not go great. you pretty much have to spam cure and if its not enough then the tank hosed up

Holy spam works fine in AV, even at level. The tank needs to know how to deal with ranged enemies like the flowers, and how to use CDs, but that's not much different than anywhere else.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

You can corner pull the Lilies into the boss room pretty trivially after the first group of Eftstools. The hardest part of the first room is making sure everyone's on the same page, since even a competent tank's plans are gonna get spoiled if people lag behind and pull a pack of Wasps or, god forbid, aggro one of the toads.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Not that I expect to see any logic in what pf does, but why do so many Catrum Marinum groups in pf specify X and + locations? There's literally only one way to do that mechanic.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Relax Or DIE posted:

outside of First Room Problems I don't mind Aurum Vale, it's Dzemael Darkhold that's the worst dungeon

It's probably not a coincidence that the dungeons people generally consider to be the worst are the holdovers from 1.X (although now that I say that I can't remember if Copperbell was something in 1.X or if it was a bizarrely 1.X-inspired design).

Not that I expect to see any logic in what pf does, but why do so many Catrum Marinum groups in pf specify X and + locations? There's literally only one way to do that mechanic.

The thing that's been mystifying me is people setting markers in Titan Extreme Unreal. It's not like Shiva Extreme Unreal where the markers are tied to people declaring positions, it's literally just the strat and there's no variation to it.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 25, 2020

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Watching Remnants of a Realm it was kind of sobering to see how much of 2.0 content was directly taken from 1.0 but actually made smaller and less sprawling

Copycat Zero posted:

It's probably not a coincidence that the dungeons people generally consider to be the worst are the holdovers from 1.X (although now that I say that I can't remember if Copperbell was something in 1.X or if it was a bizarrely 1.X-inspired design).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHV4--oYbmQ&t=27s

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Copycat Zero posted:

The thing that's been mystifying me is people setting markers in Titan Extreme. It's not like Shiva Extreme where the markers are tied to people declaring positions, it's literally just the strat and there's no variation to it.

Having coached a few random groups through TEx via mentor roulette, unless you give people markers on EXACTLY where to stack and EXACTLY where the healer should drop his jail and EXACTLY where the adds should be tanked, and repeat these instructions roughly every 30 seconds via macro and sound effects, people will just:
- Spread out evenly everywhere so dodging weight becomes nigh impossible
- drop the jails randomly, but too close ot each other every single time
- kill the adds roughly where they spawn so the maximum amount of arena is puddlefied

I don't know where you got this weird notion that markers are somehow tied to calling out positions (???) when in the vast majority of fights they're just a visual indicator or help for orientation.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~
I was referring specifically to Shiva EX Unreal on the positions thing, since every group I was in for that required that you declare at the start of the instance where you were running, but other than people not stacking in tight groups, I've thusfar not encountered a PF Titan EX Unreal group that has needed an explanation of what to do, to the extent that the markers are dropped with literally nothing else said about them.

Thanks, I quickly browsed Speaker Network's YT page but I didn't see that video, evidently.

Copycat Zero fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 25, 2020

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen any Titan Ex PFs in literal years, at least not synced ones since you can just faceroll him solo unsynced, so DF TEx is all you get.

I've found that Shiva Ex doesn't even need the markers that badly actually, since the Bads are gonna die regardless and you only need like 3 and a half competent people to DPS her down within 5 minutes, before the 2nd bow phase.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Pretty sure they're talking about Titan and Shiva Unreal.

Copycat Zero
Dec 30, 2004

ニャ~

Pretty sure they're talking about Titan and Shiva Unreal.

Crap, yes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's a shame /egiglamour can't reskin egis as other egis. Make Titan good for something.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

So if 5.41 was dropping next week, we'd know by now, right? I'm gonna be away from my computer next week and I don't wanna miss out on Ishgard now that I'm actually seriously crafting and gathering.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

So if 5.41 was dropping next week, we'd know by now, right? I'm gonna be away from my computer next week and I don't wanna miss out on Ishgard now that I'm actually seriously crafting and gathering.

I doubt you're going to see anything until next year. The devs need a holiday break too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, that's what I was assuming. No way it comes out so soon after New Year's.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Failboattootoot posted:

:jerkbag: 950 fates is insane and there's no reason for it because I did grind the bi color gems and have everything (well, unless they added more in 5.4, need to check) and it was entirely too much fate grinding and virtually nobody else was doing it. I'd be soloing the fates the majority of the time. The number should, at bare minimum, be half that amount, which would bring it in line with about how many fates the original atma and yokai events took. You know, those 2 events that people complained bitterly and endlessly about at the time because the 40 hours of fate grinding it amounted to was reviled?

Kerrzhe posted:

i'm still confused as to why they attached the lvl 80 relic weapon quest crystals to heavensward fates. if they were shb fates instead i could be getting memory crystals AND bicolored gems!!
:hfive: I want to say that I appreciate you two, as opposed to the "just spend millions on the marketboard to satisfy your completionist itch" stance everyone else seems to be taking.

And yes, while I understand the logic behind making it HW areas, still doesn't stop me from wishing both this and the yokai event could have been done in ShB.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You don't HAVE to 100% it and it was never meant to be done like that.

Sorry, does not compute.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I'm sorry, Shadowbringers had another theme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIDw2Gfg-IU

Massive MSQ Shadowbringers (up to the end of 5.3) spoilers for that vid, SE even warns you themselves in the intro.

MechaX fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 25, 2020

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

MechaX posted:

Massive MSQ Shadowbringers spoilers for that vid, SE even warns you themselves in the intro.

this is a greatly expanded version of the ending theme

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

MechaX posted:

Massive MSQ Shadowbringers spoilers for that vid, SE even warns you themselves in the intro.

drat that's a really good arrangement of Tomorrow and Tomorrow. btw the spoilers go up to 5.3 ending, not just 5.0

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
How many geared up lol 80s would it take to beat Hells Kier ex?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I doubt you're going to see anything until next year. The devs need a holiday break too.

Yeah, I think during the 5.4 live letter YoshiP said 5.41 wouldn't be until Mid-Jan or so so the devs could take holiday breaks.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Flavius Aetass posted:

How many geared up lol 80s would it take to beat Hells Kier ex?

I think the DDR thing is 999k damage if you let the meter fill up, which will happen if you don't have at least most (possibly all) covered. So 8?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember the English trial names very well, but if that's Suzaku Ex, i've farmed it with 3 FC mates a few months ago. It took us a couple wipes to adjust, and you need good DPS and/or some kind of plan to deal with the tank buster in the second phase, but yeah, 4 people was enough for a few kills.

Not sure if it's plausible with less than 4 due to the add/feather mechanic in the 1st phase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MechaX posted:

Massive MSQ Shadowbringers (up to the end of 5.3) spoilers for that vid, SE even warns you themselves in the intro.

Love how the video that summarises the expansion dedicates an entire verse to the Best Boy.

edit: Oh, the lyrics were written by Ishikawa and Koji Fox. That explains why it's so incredibly on point.

Do not forget us, your bygone kin.

With one world's end does a new begin.