Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

kecske posted:

hail satan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

not even a week where people learn the virtues of foraging for wild herbs and dandelions to stave off scurvy. smdh @ this abundance of calorific content

in all seriousness congratulations on only wrecking significant sectors of your economy over time instead of starving

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Scuppered at the last moment when the Italians realize what the English call carbonara and immediately block it.

Eh the Italians are getting paid for their contribution to the stockpile.

If they're getting paid for it, it's authentic to history.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

redleader posted:

didn't they water down the rum in the navy? which is appropriate, because you were never guaranteed adequate alcohol

Yeah, you get either three-water grog or six-water grog depending on whether you've been good or bad.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Son of Rodney posted:

Merry brexmas everyone!!

a very merry brexmas
and a happy new deal
let’s hope it’s a good one
without any meals

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Oh I wish it could be Brexmas everydaaaaAAAAaaaay

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

endlessmonotony posted:

Eh the Italians are getting paid for their contribution to the stockpile.

If they're getting paid for it, it's authentic to history.
There are limits to the abuse a nation will suffer. We can't keep letting the English get away with their culinary insults.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Watch the gammons go, psh...this is what they were worried about with brexit? We could have easily survived no deal even. THIS IS NOTHING COMPARED TO THE BELIZ!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
on one hand its sad to see the show go but you have to admit its been a drag since they killed off the bercow character

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
cheers for brexit! I'm having a nice warm glass of vinegar and some cold liver puddin' to celebrate for the Brits!

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

https://twitter.com/georgeeaton/status/1342129362951426048

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Gonna be fun to watch as the deal gets deconstructed by the media and it turns out that England caved in and surrendered to the EU in every single aspect, setting a strong example for future trade deals with every other non-EU country in the world.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

neutral milf hotel posted:

cheers for brexit! I'm having a nice warm glass of vinegar and some cold liver puddin' to celebrate for the Brits!

In the spirit of internationalism I'm going to eat a 2 litre (18 oz) jar of mayonnaise with lime jelly

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Woke Pob posted:

Gonna be fun to watch as the deal gets deconstructed by the media and it turns out that England caved in and surrendered to the EU in every single aspect, setting a strong example for future trade deals with every other non-EU country in the world.

The only entities capable of meaningfully resisting the EU as is are US, China and sorta not really Russia.

African Union's progress is legitimately impressive however. Hope they avoid all those mistakes on the way.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Also it's the best deal the EU could give the UK without them aiming a gun at their crotch and demanding more pain.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

endlessmonotony posted:

Also it's the best deal the EU could give the UK without them aiming a gun at their crotch and demanding more pain.

Can I please make this into like one of those wall tiles?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
does the queen give her speech soon? wonder if she'll mention brexit and how everyone will get a festive Christmas onion this year

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpxV9xuqLeA

Internet Poster
Nov 1, 2020

quote:

quote:

quote:

brexit

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

So, uh, am I wrong in assuming that Starmer's willingness to just lie on his back and accept the deal without any questions is effectively sealing SNP's victory in the coming Holyrood election? Because it really looks like Sturgeon has already begun to spin this deal in SNP's advantage and she is receiving exactly zero pushback from anyone. Not that I mind :scotland:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

kecske posted:

hail satan

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

disappointing year for both chaos and schadenfreude, imo

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Hope scottish independence happens.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

id be thrilled if the UK found itself busted apart into 7 or 8 states because of brexit

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

so what's actually happening with the irish border and NI?

Judakel posted:

if this year has taught me anything, it won't

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Judakel posted:

Pretty safe bet tbh. First major social gatherings allowed will be pubs opening and then independence rallies.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

barbecue at the folks posted:

So, uh, am I wrong in assuming that Starmer's willingness to just lie on his back and accept the deal without any questions is effectively sealing SNP's victory in the coming Holyrood election? Because it really looks like Sturgeon has already begun to spin this deal in SNP's advantage and she is receiving exactly zero pushback from anyone. Not that I mind :scotland:

definitely doesn't help but Scottish labour was already pretty much dead

also starmer has specifically spent the last couple of weeks making GBS threads on Scotland

e.g.

Keir Starmer calls on Boris Johnson to rule out second independence referendum

asking Johnson to rule out doing something he would never do, when independence is currently polling well over 50% is just such mind boggling galaxy brain poo poo

I honestly think the worst thing about Keith is that he's not even a competent bastard politician, he's just a bastard

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
The last referendum, as far as I could tell, was largely decided by older Scots not wanting to leave and re-apply to join the EU, especially when the EU floated the idea that an independent Scotland would have to wait a while before it could rejoin the EU.

Now that the UK has left, I guess England will have to threaten to inflict serious financial damage on Scotland or something to keep them in line, but I don't know how much politics have shifted in the UK at this point to know if the SNP could pull it off this time.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Scottish independence is an inevitability. The current government has hosed things so hard they've spawned an independence movement in the north of England

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Continuity NIP posted:

Scottish independence is an inevitability. The current government has hosed things so hard they've spawned an independence movement in the north of England

If feel like if Scotland goes, the rest of England will soon follow.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Continuity NIP posted:

I do think Scottish nationalists should be prepared for the Tories not permitting another vote and not accepting the result of one held without their consent. The failure of the Catalan independence movement is probably making them feel pretty confident about the viability of just sending in the troops and bashing some peoples heads without too much international blowback if push comes to shove

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

bedpan posted:

If feel like if Scotland goes, the rest of England will soon follow.

The United Kingdom of Wales

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

reinstate the heptarchy

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

kecske posted:

reinstate the heptarchy
rule by lizard people? but

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

90s Cringe Rock posted:

rule by lizard people? but

Heptarchy not Herpetarchy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Continuity NIP posted:

Why would the Tories let them go? The conservatives in Spain stirred poo poo up with Catalonia and just let it simmer on a medium flame the last time they and their royal family were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and the Tories might go the same way once everyone gets sick of the Brexit wars.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

the formation of the scottish republican army in 2022 will be a hoot

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

genericnick posted:

Why would the Tories let them go? The conservatives in Spain stirred poo poo up with Catalonia and just let it simmer on a medium flame the last time they and their royal family were caught with their hands in the cookie jar and the Tories might go the same way once everyone gets sick of the Brexit wars.

What are they going to do, send in the tank?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so is Britain imploding next week or nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Continuity NIP posted:

What are they going to do, send in the tank?