Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gripweed posted:

If you believe that the Republicans will sweep the midterms in 2022, then why do you want AOC to lay the groundwork for primary challenges now? If it's successful and we get a bunch of better Dem candidates in 2022, wouldn't that backfire spectacularly when they get trounced by Republicans in the general?

it’s not a matter of belief, it’s fact. candidates that aren’t right wing austerity freaks will stand a better chance in the general. this is not that complicated to understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slippery doc
Jan 17, 2006

kill the boy,
save the man

Gripweed posted:

If you believe that the Republicans will sweep the midterms in 2022, then why do you want AOC to lay the groundwork for primary challenges now? If it's successful and we get a bunch of better Dem candidates in 2022, wouldn't that backfire spectacularly when they get trounced by Republicans in the general?

drat we better run centrist candidates, that way nobody will be able to blame their electoral failures on the left

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Gripweed posted:

If D's get destroyed in 2022, most of the people who will lose are the rightmost people in the caucus. That is what happened in 2010 and 2014. Even if AOC and Justice Dems is replacing just poo poo D's in deep blue districts with slightly better people who would be new squad members, they would have more power in a smaller caucus. There is really no reason not to primary literally any member.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

this

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Hey man, it's Christmas

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

red scare: cryptofascist's choice since 2017 or whatever

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Pirate Jet posted:

this is correct. “vote blue no matter who” won big in 2020.
republicans control the scotus, senate, most governorships, the majority of state legislatures, and likely most local elected positions. not to mention judgeships across the country. romney was right when he said america is a center right nation. libs are a loooooong way off from controlling the country

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Relin posted:

republicans control the scotus, senate, most governorships, the majority of state legislatures, and likely most local elected positions. not to mention judgeships across the country. romney was right when he said america is a center right nation. libs are a loooooong way off from controlling the country

Libs are center right.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UP AND ADAM posted:

Libs are center right.

In America, sure. In the context of the world at large they are incredibly hard right lunatic freaks, having been dragged that way by the unironic fascists that are the modern day Republican Party.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
the trueanon xmas episode is an all-timer

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
sorry the E1's xmas joe biden has rendered all other podcasts superfluous

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Protagorean posted:

sorry the E1's xmas joe biden has rendered all other podcasts superfluous

it's good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Age of Napoleon is going to cover Haiti finally.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

the E1 hallmark christmas episode was also really fun

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/bariweiss/status/1343231243891011584?s=21

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

anna being Laschpilled makes so much sense

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

of course. haha

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

well, you know what has to be done

Bari Weiss, go on Red Scare

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
nah i don't think stav would go on red scare now, even in a wig

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

nah i don't think stav would go on red scare now, even in a wig

"oh yeah I read Lasch.. how to Lasch pussy with my tongue"

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

mods find a way to make this the thread title

Paffgen
Jul 13, 2009
Bari has been tweeting at and name dropping the Dashas for a while, it's really sad. Red Scare's last guest is a crank NYU professor who got in trouble (not even fired, he has tenure) for "questioning the use of masks" and barely got any press coverage-of course his blog is full of anti-vax, anti-trans, the election was stolen from Trump stuff. They have no standards so Bari must really feel like a loser to not get an invite.

Also I listened to the You Can't Win Lasch episode because I don't get the fascination with his writing but that did not help at all. Have yet to read or hear anything about him that portrays his ideas as anything other than "Did you know these radicals and liberals are actually just selfish deluded clout chasers with no real morals? :smuggo: And feminism is bad Marx is bad."

Paffgen has issued a correction as of 21:38 on Dec 27, 2020

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

wojacks are the lowest form of posting - t-man, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Victory Position posted:

3rd mic

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Victory Position posted:

Bari Weiss, go on cum town.

oh, wait...

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Victory Position posted:

i was like 90% sure she already had

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Clark Nova posted:

Bari Weiss, go on cum town.

oh, wait...

now THAT would be funny, bari on red scare would just be them agreeing about how people are too mean to creepy old men

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

earnestly going on cum town to workshop her stav impression

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

is the Chapo Christmas special any good, I listened to Chris for like a minute then turned it off because these things are usually boring and unfunny

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

T-man posted:

i feel bad for being mean to t-man but imagine if i posted a big rear end ironicat here lol

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

T-man posted:

rage faces arent wojacks!!!!!! gently caress you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

a fatguy baldspot posted:

is the Chapo Christmas special any good, I listened to Chris for like a minute then turned it off because these things are usually boring and unfunny

It is extremely self referential but I liked it. They put some effort in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

i dont bully redscare listeners since theyre already bullying themselves