Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm sorry, this is an Official Kickstarter Success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

ultrafilter posted:

Pizza Pocket Hoodie
https://i.imgur.com/3SPaCrI.gifv

It's no Hulk Hogan Meat Shoes, that's for sure.

I lost it on the first line.

Is your quality of life bad?

Yes. Yes it is. How can pizza pocket hoodie help me with this?

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
I think it's a pretty creative joke. I like it.

I'm surprised people gave them money though.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

this is something that is very funny to run as a kickstarter, but very unfunny to buy and own.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ohshitcircuit/status/1327462462153580545

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

There's some pro-tier Awful Kickstarter content in that Twitter thread.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Secret of Unicorns (Canceled)

quote:

What could Nikola Tesla, Aphantasia, Mental Sensory Perception, the Law of Attraction and Unicorns possibly have in common? And what is Mental Sensory Perception? It sounds like a professional term but it was actually made up by a guy with Aphantasia; he doesn't even have the ability of MSP. This guy also wrote a book about Nikola Telsa and only after he finished it, did he learn he had a remarkable disability he never knew existed, and it was what he wrote about Tesla before being diagnosed that actually helped him overcome what turned out to be an ability and not a disability at all. It was precisely this synchronicity that allowed the Secret of Unicorns to be written and everyone should really understand what this secret is, it will likely change your life in remarkable ways.

quote:

Risks and challenges

There is zero risk in this project. In fact, the book will change your life or someone you love dearly, that I will promise you. The money raised will fund a full length documentary and promo videos to promote The Secret of Unicorns as far and wide as my efforts will take me.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

https://twitter.com/ohshitcircuit/status/1327795816652685314?s=19

George "Snuggleyou" Bush.

I'm loving dying over here.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Elviscat posted:

https://twitter.com/ohshitcircuit/status/1327795816652685314?s=19

George "Snuggleyou" Bush.

I'm loving dying over here.

In a world where the “Trumpy Bear” exists, this seems almost pure in comparison.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

https://www.frome.co/

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I keep getting this as a Facebook advert, it's the dumbest poo poo

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Tears In A Vial posted:

I keep getting this as a Facebook advert, it's the dumbest poo poo

That's where I found it, it's a helluva grift

"Here's a bunch of lines that are a whole movie. That'll be $145 please"

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Len posted:

That's where I found it, it's a helluva grift

"Here's a bunch of lines that are a whole movie. That'll be $145 please"

There are comments on the posts like "I wish they had The Matrix" or whatever, and within ten minutes the company spunks one out and they're ready to charge $80 for it.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

This is something I've seen film websites doing years ago as a way of examining the use of color in film (they called them "movie barcodes" back then), it's literally just something generated by running a video file through a program. It feels like it belongs in the 90s when people were way less computer savvy and were more easily roped in to low-effort computer-generated commercial art like magic eye pictures and those collages of hundreds tiny pictures that make up one big picture.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/movie-barcode-generator

ta-dah

Now go to a print shop and get it done for a 1/4 of the price

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Infinitum posted:

https://zerowidthjoiner.net/movie-barcode-generator

ta-dah

Now go to a print shop and get it done for a 1/4 of the price

Time to start an Etsy shop

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Cable Guy posted:

Seems popular...

I just saw a commercial for this thing on Youtube. It's currently at ~1.22million US dollars for an initial goal of $15k and still has 33 days left.

KickTraq projects at least 2.35million by the time it's over...

dirby has a new favorite as of 03:34 on Jan 4, 2021

Jerry Seinfeld
Mar 30, 2009
100 dollars is an absolutely insane price for that thing

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

:wtc:

There's going to be a lot of gullible people in May who get that thing and are pissed to discover that the charging station doesn't actually come with a battery bank (lol) and the self-balancing cupholder won't work with anything bigger than toddler's sippy cup.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Porfiriato posted:

:wtc:

There's going to be a lot of gullible people in May who get that thing and are pissed to discover that the charging station doesn't actually come with a battery bank (lol) and the self-balancing cupholder won't work with anything bigger than toddler's sippy cup.

And I dunno, I just have end tables next to either side of the couch and they've got usb hubs sitting on them for charging purposes. And cup holding. Seems to work pretty well?

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Maybe, but all the promo pics show it with cups that look tiny, like espresso cup size (compare the size to the tangerine slices and M&Ms) and barely project beyond the surface of the console. Note that the one photo of a prototype with a non-self-balancing cupholder actually has a normal-sized glass tumbler in it. I'd say the pictures speak the truth a lot more than the vague assurance that it will hold something "taller".

edit: actually some of the photos at the bottom literally show it with an espresso cup filling the holder lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Len posted:

And I dunno, I just have end tables next to either side of the couch and they've got usb hubs sitting on them for charging purposes. And cup holding. Seems to work pretty well?

BEHOLD!

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Look at Richie Rich here with his folding table, too good for a stack of cardboard boxes are we?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have a backpack with a space for a power bank which makes sense because you might end up somewhere where you need power but don't have access to a plug. It doesn't make sense to have a charging station that runs off a power bank in something that just sits on your couch.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've been approaching the pro tier of lazy-as-gently caress this past year and I don't even use the storage and cupholders built into my couch because they're more awkward than just setting stuff on the stool beside it. Also I had to go out of my way last year to buy a couch that doesn't plug into the wall to charge stuff, and I'm happy with that decision. Anyways, this advice to simplify your life is a true bargain compared to the Couch Console at only $69.99, thank you for your support

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
If your couch tray is always running out of battery power to charge your phone you should get our couch with an integrated couch tray wireless charger.

Are we sure this isn't one of those comedic joke kickstarters? Selling spill proof baby bowls for couch gamers reads like a fake ad from a penny arcade knockoff.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
To be honest, I'm always shocked at how many people seem to always be running around with a phone that's near dead. I guess it's just a way for them to keep their phone not dead while not having to hunt down a phone charger (which these people almost always never have on hand as well)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/3rb8zi/the_average_color_of_every_frame_of_a_given_movie/ - November 2015

And the top voted post for that thread from 5+ years ago is "Wow, I kinda want a printed version of my favourite movie framed on my wall".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ErrEff posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/3rb8zi/the_average_color_of_every_frame_of_a_given_movie/ - November 2015

And the top voted post for that thread from 5+ years ago is "Wow, I kinda want a printed version of my favourite movie framed on my wall".

Oh so it's the techbro grift of bots responding to "I'd buy this on a t-shirt!" tweets

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

13Pandora13 posted:

Do you like Edgar Allen Poe? Do you like nude photography of dubious quality that's possibly just a poly quadrangle acting out an exhibitionist roleplay fantasy?

Then this Kickstarter is for you!

:nws: obviously

It's honestly kind of incredible in a "watching a car accident happen" kind of way.

Round II: do you want some really questionable digital tarot cards?

...do you want it bundled with an erotic telling of the Raven?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

My answer was "no" the first time

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

13Pandora13 posted:

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each beef curtain
Thrilled me — gave me such fantastic boners, never felt before;

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Sweevo posted:

And the silken sad uncertain rustling of each beef curtain
Thrilled me — gave me such fantastic boners, never felt before;

Quoth the maven: "Never whore".

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

13Pandora13 posted:

I’m only interested in an erotic telling of The Tell-Tale Heart.

Imagine the possibilities!

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Moonlight posted:

quote:

"Villains!" I shrieked, "dissemble no more! I admit the deed! --tear up the planks! here, here! --It is the throbbing of his hideous cock!"

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

13Pandora13 posted:

Wow. I had not realized that the goal on the erotic telling of the raven was only $30 (that it did not raise).

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

How is that drat couch console a 1.7 million dollar idea

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blue Moonlight posted:

Instead hiding a body, he's trying to hide his mistress.

Written by the guy who made Hitmen for Destiny and Trixie Slaughteraxe for President.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
That just sounds like a Frasier episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

13Pandora13 posted:

All I've ever wanted is a full tarot deck, but the art is pictures from a 1960s nudie deck, and somehow I've never come across one.