Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

boxen posted:

Going by the above screenshots, I need to do some painting next. I haven't tried to color anything in 150+ hours of play.

Painting a large building like that is extremely annoying because it has like 500 walls and other things to paint. Paint ammo only comes from manually harvesting flowers so running through 600 paint is like, fuuuuuck now I have go find flowers to chainsaw.

If you want to do large-scale painting of building walls, I super recommend the micromanage mod. One of the things it can do is paint stuff, with no cost for the paint. So to paint the outside of a huge building like that is very easy.

I still go through plenty of real paint on buildings and pipes, because I only use the micromanage functions on walls and other passive objects. Mainly because at one point I used micromanage to paint a bunch of pipes and ended up with broken connections. Not sure if it was a bug in the mod or base game, but ever since then I've stuck to using the paint gun on anything 'active' like machines and pipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Klyith posted:

Painting a large building like that is extremely annoying because it has like 500 walls and other things to paint. Paint ammo only comes from manually harvesting flowers so running through 600 paint is like, fuuuuuck now I have go find flowers to chainsaw.

If you want to do large-scale painting of building walls, I super recommend the micromanage mod. One of the things it can do is paint stuff, with no cost for the paint. So to paint the outside of a huge building like that is very easy.

I still go through plenty of real paint on buildings and pipes, because I only use the micromanage functions on walls and other passive objects. Mainly because at one point I used micromanage to paint a bunch of pipes and ended up with broken connections. Not sure if it was a bug in the mod or base game, but ever since then I've stuck to using the paint gun on anything 'active' like machines and pipes.

Good to know. I don't know if I'd bother painting a whole building, unless I set up one building for something specific for example. Painting pipes for what's in them like it looks like you've done would be nice, though. Can you paint power cables? I've thought about hooking my geothermal power up to as many turbofuel refineries as they'll power, so that if I ever trip the breaker I'll still have some turbofuel being produced so I can restart it easily, but to make it easy to keep the geothermal power separate I'd want to color those lines.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think signs are on the to-do list before 1.0. I'm not sure why it's taken this long, honestly. I'd love to be able to label conveyers with how much excess material there is for me to siphon off for other projects.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

cheetah7071 posted:

I think signs are on the to-do list before 1.0. I'm not sure why it's taken this long, honestly. I'd love to be able to label conveyers with how much excess material there is for me to siphon off for other projects.

Being able to select a conveyor belt the same way you can select a pipe and see the average amount of resources passing over it would be good but I don't know if there are plans for that sort of thing. Until either that or signs are implemented, the best you can do in-game is drop a beacon next to it so you can keep track of things while you're building a project then remove them all when you're done so the navigation bar doesn't get cluttered.

I really need to learn how to actually use programmable splitters at some point for dealing with overflow and load balancing properly so it's not even an issue. Doing it with nothing but regular splitters and mergers is kind of janky because they sort of "fight" each other to put items on the belt and end up underutilizing it as a result.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Signs are a pretty common mod. I can get why people don't want to mod an EA game or risk their saves, but Satisfactory isn't like that. There's a very easy to use mod manager and you don't have to worry about things like load order or other shenanigans. If you load the game without the mods present, the game just deletes the items it doesn't recognize.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

boxen posted:

Can you paint power cables? I've thought about hooking my geothermal power up to as many turbofuel refineries as they'll power, so that if I ever trip the breaker I'll still have some turbofuel being produced so I can restart it easily, but to make it easy to keep the geothermal power separate I'd want to color those lines.

Not power cables, but power poles are paintable. The paint display area is super small but potentially enough to help you keep them organized. As long as you get close to a pole before connecting them I guess.

I've expressed my disfavor of backup power grids before, but for doing large scale turbofuel I think there's another decent option if you're worried about having a backup: a couple big tanks of turbofuel in reserve. Hook up the tanks with a pump so they fill up, and it being one-way means the fuel stays in the tanks until the day when you need it. Then all you need is to unbuild the pump and you have power again.

An industrial buffer full of turbofuel represents 1.33 gigawatt-hours of power. One or two of them will easily get your generators kickstarted, so if you've diagnosed & fixed whatever problem caused them to run dry on fuel that should be enough to restart production. Or you could make a tank farm with a half-dozen of the things and keep your whole world running while doing the fix.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Being able to gang a bunch of buildings controls together would be pretty cool too so you can just set the output on one and it sets for all. That might be tricky and require a new mechanic though.

Any way to get rid of the escape pod debris or is it just forever sparking and flaming?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

priznat posted:

Being able to gang a bunch of buildings controls together would be pretty cool too so you can just set the output on one and it sets for all. That might be tricky and require a new mechanic though.

They've gotten lots of feedback on how needing to set the recipe 20 or 50 times sucks, and say it's a thing they're thinking about / working on. IIRC the suggestion that's gotten the most traction is to just have the middle mouse picker also copy the recipe of a building when you clone it.

quote:

Any way to get rid of the escape pod debris or is it just forever sparking and flaming?

Nope, all you can do is avoid building near them.

A thing I recently discovered is that some normal rocks, not the cracked "blow me up" ones but normal rock-lookin rocks, also get removed with explosives. I was using nobelisks to clear some ground of trees and bushes, and was surprised when some plain old rocks also disappeared.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Klyith posted:

A thing I recently discovered is that some normal rocks, not the cracked "blow me up" ones but normal rock-lookin rocks, also get removed with explosives. I was using nobelisks to clear some ground of trees and bushes, and was surprised when some plain old rocks also disappeared.

So if this was news to you, lemme tell you that you don't even necessarily need the pipe bombs to blow those up. The chainsaw's AOE will turn those rocks into limestone same as it will cut up leaves/wood in the AOE. Unfortunately you can't just chainsaw the rocks directly, you have to have some kinda vegetation nearby to start with.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Klyith posted:

An industrial buffer full of turbofuel represents 1.33 gigawatt-hours of power. One or two of them will easily get your generators kickstarted, so if you've diagnosed & fixed whatever problem caused them to run dry on fuel that should be enough to restart production. Or you could make a tank farm with a half-dozen of the things and keep your whole world running while doing the fix.

Heh, I'm using all the floorspace I have that I can't put a generator on (terrain interferes, I didn't plan well enough) to put extra turbofuel tanks, and I'm going to have at least a dozen I think, just because I don't have space for anything else. I was more just trying to come up with a clever use for my geothermal, actually clever or not. :v:

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

priznat posted:

No but you can hide them by building over them. When I was pod hunting I would mark the ones I’d looted by covering them up with 4 meter foundations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

One thing I was thinking about is a good demultiplexing setup so you can run one high speed conveyer and dump all the stuff on it and have it come out and use smart switches to direct them at the far end. The one thing is dealing with the overflow if it backs up say there is a burst of item A into an assembler and it is waiting for item B, how to clear out the jam reliably. The smart switches also do allow for an output if it is backed up, if I loop that back to merge it into the input line I am wondering if that will just keep circulating. I need to sketch this out I was just thinking about it while walking the dogs.

Also is there any way to force the alignment of all the foundations so they will snap to each other even if they are placed far apart? I am having issues when joining distant buildings via road and while it just clips the foundations through I don’t like how it looks.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

priznat posted:

Also is there any way to force the alignment of all the foundations so they will snap to each other even if they are placed far apart? I am having issues when joining distant buildings via road and while it just clips the foundations through I don’t like how it looks.

Unfortunately no, but you can do what I do and just build a concrete highway from your first base to every sub base, that will keep the global alignment. Mods make it much easier to let you mass construct things in a long line.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

M_Gargantua posted:

Unfortunately no, but you can do what I do and just build a concrete highway from your first base to every sub base, that will keep the global alignment. Mods make it much easier to let you mass construct things in a long line.

Ah dang. Are mods supported just by the Steam version? I got it on Epic due to a good deal + coupon.

Also I am attempting to make a massive tower to build a suspended bridge to get over a bunch of the maze like areas just for an easier conveyor setup. Those tube transports are my elevators for getting up to each floor! So far it is about 30 wall segments high, or maybe 36.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

priznat posted:

One thing I was thinking about is a good demultiplexing setup so you can run one high speed conveyer and dump all the stuff on it and have it come out and use smart switches to direct them at the far end. The one thing is dealing with the overflow if it backs up say there is a burst of item A into an assembler and it is waiting for item B, how to clear out the jam reliably. The smart switches also do allow for an output if it is backed up, if I loop that back to merge it into the input line I am wondering if that will just keep circulating. I need to sketch this out I was just thinking about it while walking the dogs.

The loop thing just adds an additional small buffer. If you can assure that items are being consumed at the rate produced, it's fine, otherwise, at some point, you gotta trash the excess.

Normally, overproduction of precursors is dealt with by having the line back up until the precursor stops being made. If you're putting multiple items on one belt, this means of communication is shared across multiple production chains. There's no way for a consumer to communicate "stop making more" exclusively to its producer.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah thinking about it more, having a second line to a sink to dump the excess would probably be the way. With a well tuned setup there shouldn’t be that much at least.

I wish this game was a bit less jank in the wilderness areas especially with the dumb alien critters. Driving the truck and poof they just pop in. Hopefully some stuff like that will get smoothed over in the next update. Haven’t had this much fun in an early access game since Subnautica!

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

priznat posted:

Ah dang. Are mods supported just by the Steam version? I got it on Epic due to a good deal + coupon.

Also I am attempting to make a massive tower to build a suspended bridge to get over a bunch of the maze like areas just for an easier conveyor setup. Those tube transports are my elevators for getting up to each floor! So far it is about 30 wall segments high, or maybe 36.

https://ficsit.app/

This is the mod library / mod manager (Satisfactory Mod Manager). To my knowledge it works just fine with EGS.

It's a very good mod manager. It automatically updates your mods, does version checks, etc. Has easy searching/enabling/disabling etc. You can go into an existing save with new mods without a problem, and if you remove the mods the game will simply delete the items it doesn't recognize anymore. So you don't have to worry about being forced to start a new world, or worry about bricking your world if you remove a mod after the fact.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

priznat posted:

One thing I was thinking about is a good demultiplexing setup so you can run one high speed conveyer and dump all the stuff on it and have it come out and use smart switches to direct them at the far end.

I have used a mixed product belt as part of an actual production* line exactly once ever. That is in my small home base, which makes trivially small amounts of everything and so isn't hindered by the downsides. And even then I only went with the mixed belt because I re-configured it from a factory that build phase 2 of the elevator to the current everything factory job, without major changes to the building shell. So it has a super wonky layout.

*as opposed to a garbage collector belt that goes to the sink, or a belt collecting stuff for a storage rack

A mixed belt just isn't very useful for any sort of high scale production. Even when the items/min is no problem, when you're dealing with large blocks of 10 or 20 machines the question is why bother with it? If you're laying down a dozen copper rotor assemblers, and those need 26 copper sheet constructors, you should put the sheets next to the rotors and just hook them up, bing bang boom.

If you also need copper sheets for circuit boards, make more constructors over where the circuit board assemblers are. The idea of putting 100 copper sheet constructors somewhere and then moving the sheets in multiple directions is counterproductive in the long run. It may be faster to stamp out 100 constructors all at once, but now you have to track your supply and demand. That way lies madness.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Klyith posted:

I have used a mixed product belt as part of an actual production* line exactly once ever. That is in my small home base, which makes trivially small amounts of everything and so isn't hindered by the downsides. And even then I only went with the mixed belt because I re-configured it from a factory that build phase 2 of the elevator to the current everything factory job, without major changes to the building shell. So it has a super wonky layout.

*as opposed to a garbage collector belt that goes to the sink, or a belt collecting stuff for a storage rack

A mixed belt just isn't very useful for any sort of high scale production. Even when the items/min is no problem, when you're dealing with large blocks of 10 or 20 machines the question is why bother with it? If you're laying down a dozen copper rotor assemblers, and those need 26 copper sheet constructors, you should put the sheets next to the rotors and just hook them up, bing bang boom.

If you also need copper sheets for circuit boards, make more constructors over where the circuit board assemblers are. The idea of putting 100 copper sheet constructors somewhere and then moving the sheets in multiple directions is counterproductive in the long run. It may be faster to stamp out 100 constructors all at once, but now you have to track your supply and demand. That way lies madness.

Is the best method making the factories to make whatever you are after (ones requiring manufacturers) fairly self contained with only the resources coming in? That sounds interesting too. The tricky bit I find is getting the resources I need, especially coal/oil, near to where I want the factory to be..

Maybe I need to start making trains to run raw resources around but they seem pretty resource heavy to build!

There's probably no one right answer of course it's just fun to attempt to optimize as best as possible.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

So my partner and I bought this over the holiday, we've played 2 sessions so far. 14 and 15 hours each. The game just really settles into that part of your brain that craves lists and ordering and doing things. Session 1 was us getting a feel for the game, Session 2 was restarting on the desert map. We're a bit further along than our first playthrough was, maybe 1/3 of the way to completing the 2nd space elevator, but we did spend close to 3 hours trekking around for coal, going the wrong way, noticing we could (with elaborate use of conveyor belts and foundations) traverse the areas we were in to find the coal deposit, and finally set up the dumbest conveyor belt system back to base. And then my partner died after mining something radioactive, so we did a few corpse runs. Oh and we did a top to bottom renovation of our "factory" at base, without killing each other.

This game is good, and the mods make it better! We have Mk.2 machines, Smart!, and Refined Power and they all seem to work fine with multiplayer which is great. The only multiplayer issues we've seen so far are things like: in combat I have no clue where the mobs are 80% of the time and I cannot drive the vehicles without desyncing. I'll put up with that, my partner is better with the rebar gun anyway and certainly I can just make mk.3 conveyor belt highways for myself everywhere I could possibly need to go. Oh, also, the arachnophobia option is hilarious. We had no idea what it turned the spiders into, so entering a cave and being chased out by a bunch of cat heads was still just as startling as the real deal.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

The only multiplayer issues we've seen so far are things like: in combat I have no clue where the mobs are 80% of the time and I cannot drive the vehicles without desyncing.

If you are playing on a home network, definitely set the network quality option to "ultra" in settings. By default the game seems very pessimistic about how much bandwidth it might have available. Thus the lag even on a local connection.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

priznat posted:

Is the best method making the factories to make whatever you are after (ones requiring manufacturers) fairly self contained with only the resources coming in? That sounds interesting too. The tricky bit I find is getting the resources I need, especially coal/oil, near to where I want the factory to be..

There's probably no one right answer of course it's just fun to attempt to optimize as best as possible.

There isn't one best / right answer for large scale organization, which is another thing I really like about Satisfactory. The map has way more resources than you can realistically use, and really there's no such thing as "waste". The only objective constraint for factory design and distribution is that at some point too much stuff built in one location will be more than your PC can handle. So depending on your hardware and tolerance for low framerate, spreading out to far-away areas of the map is eventually a strong positive. Everything else is personal style and what organizational method works for you.

My own style is very much about smaller distributed factories all over, because I like 60 FPS and enjoy the process of design->build->complete as individual projects rather than an on-going eternal megabuild. So I go around making reasonable-size factories connected by trains, and most of my factories are making a highly-processed output rather than large quantities of basic materials (with the exception of oil products).

priznat posted:

Maybe I need to start making trains to run raw resources around but they seem pretty resource heavy to build!

Rails don't take as much material as they might seem like at first; 8 beams & pipes per 100m so you can go all the way across the map with like 3 stacks of each. Personally I always have to run back for more concrete long before I run out of steel, because I build elevated rail with aesthetic supports.

(Elevated rail is nice because trains lose speed in curves and going uphill, and elevating above terrain allows you to generally go straighter and more level.)

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I like building a self contained building around a resource node and then produce as high tier a product as is possible on site, then sealing the whole thing up except for the exit belt.

I don't know if that's "more efficient" or whatever but it makes me feel good.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Klyith posted:

Rails don't take as much material as they might seem like at first; 8 beams & pipes per 100m so you can go all the way across the map with like 3 stacks of each. Personally I always have to run back for more concrete long before I run out of steel, because I build elevated rail with aesthetic supports.

(Elevated rail is nice because trains lose speed in curves and going uphill, and elevating above terrain allows you to generally go straighter and more level.)

This is why when I'm building railroad infra I bring a train full of concrete, beams and pipes with me as I go. "don't manually drive trains" really only applies to rail lines that are actually operational and complete; definitely don't shy away from using the railroad to solve the logistics problems associated with building the railroad.

Taking this a step further, I really like building a train station that does nothing but load a train with construction crap. Then later if I wanna build something large and involved Somewhere Else, I just build a rail link there, plop down a station and tell the building-supply-train its job is delivering to the "construction office" railstation.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I think for my pending new world I'm going to try something different and have the entire desert be one big smelting area - every lovely impure node all going to a centralized location to get smelted (refined by water???) and then shipped out in bulk to another location via train for intermediate assembly (plates/rods/rotors/etc.) before being shipped a third time to a place for final assembly.

I don't know why I want to try this out, and I have doubts over how effective it'll be. But it's a deviation from my standard build plans and that's interesting enough to try.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Primpin and Pimpin posted:

Session 2 was restarting on the desert map.
There is no desert map, it's different starting points on the same (huge) map.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Klyith posted:

There isn't one best / right answer for large scale organization, which is another thing I really like about Satisfactory. The map has way more resources than you can realistically use, and really there's no such thing as "waste". The only objective constraint for factory design and distribution is that at some point too much stuff built in one location will be more than your PC can handle. So depending on your hardware and tolerance for low framerate, spreading out to far-away areas of the map is eventually a strong positive. Everything else is personal style and what organizational method works for you.

Oil is the only resource scarce enough that you might have to worry about running out, but there's still enough of it that by the time it becomes an issue your game world will be so heavily populated with items that it's going to run poorly no matter where you're standing and you'll probably want to start a new save anyway. I'm about at that point in my save, where I've had to turn off LZOD in the video settings and modify the unreal engine .ini file with these added lines of code to stop the game from crashing constantly. Once I finish my current mega project in the desert and get the golden nut I'm going to have to either start fresh or outright delete multiple massive projects since things are close to unplayable at this point.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Tamba posted:

There is no desert map, it's different starting points on the same (huge) map.

poo poo.. that's pretty cool.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Built a pretty sweet elevated train segment, but I am guessing the timetable only works for forward facing direction right? Is there a way to automate it without having a closed loop?

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

You can make a loop off the side of your track as a turnaround, or you can put a locomotive on both ends of your train.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

priznat posted:

Built a pretty sweet elevated train segment, but I am guessing the timetable only works for forward facing direction right? Is there a way to automate it without having a closed loop?

Put a second engine facing backwards on the back side of the train. It'll happily shuttle back and forth.

(And then if you start adding loops later on, you need to go back and remove the 2nd engines and convert all train stations to have loops. Mixed shuttles and loops is no bueno, the shuttles may decide to take a loop and then your train is now backwards. That's ok if it's a single-product train, but if you've got iron-copper-steel it'll get reversed.)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Wow I finally picked up this game and I can't stop playing. Currently working on getting coal power worked into my mess of a factory. I wish I would have looked at the coupon store earlier!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The Postman posted:

Wow I finally picked up this game and I can't stop playing. Currently working on getting coal power worked into my mess of a factory. I wish I would have looked at the coupon store earlier!

Heck yeah it really grabs you.

I feel like I am cheesing the game when I construct 1m foundation square highways through the sky completely unsupported :haw:

Finally found a quartz mine! Pretty much the only thing this is useful for is crystal oscillators right?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

priznat posted:

Heck yeah it really grabs you.

I feel like I am cheesing the game when I construct 1m foundation square highways through the sky completely unsupported :haw:

Finally found a quartz mine! Pretty much the only thing this is useful for is crystal oscillators right?

Naturally. Unless you want to make it more useful which can be a fun challenge.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

priznat posted:

For exploration or permanent structures? Exploring I feel like anything goes, the cheesier the better. For example, monsters don't attack you when you're driving a vehicle. My favorite thing to do is pull a handbrake turn into an unsuspecting spitter to run it over and make it ragdoll, then hop out and wale on it with the bat before it can stand up.

Anything permanent I prefer to look supported and physical, but that's just me.

priznat posted:

There's really good stuff in the quartz tree of the MAM if you haven't researched that yet.

And no, there's other uses for quartz. You need silica for aluminum later on, but there's also a couple good alt recipes that use silica. In particular, if you can find silicon circuit board it will let you make a decent mid-game computer factory without needing to set up a large plastics refinery.

TBQH crystal oscillators themselves aren't even super useful. You need to make a number to research stuff and make the good car, and they're used in a recipe for nuke fuel. But they've got crappy points value for the effort it takes to make them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Yeah exploring using raised platforms is my way now, especially with the mod that lets you build a lot of platforms/walls in one go! Really streamlines things.

I also try to make permanent structures “supported” and even use reverse ramps to give the elevated train stations a cool tapered look.

I just did a complete ore to end product building for the crystal oscillators, it’s pretty sweet.

If the resource sites are spread out do ya’ll prefer to smelt to ore onsite and conveyor those to the manufacturers or just move the ore? I’m starting to think the former would be better, or use the foundry onsite as close to the two resources as possible and just ship in ingots or processed crystal.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

priznat posted:

Yeah exploring using raised platforms is my way now, especially with the mod that lets you build a lot of platforms/walls in one go! Really streamlines things.

I also try to make permanent structures “supported” and even use reverse ramps to give the elevated train stations a cool tapered look.

I just did a complete ore to end product building for the crystal oscillators, it’s pretty sweet.

If the resource sites are spread out do ya’ll prefer to smelt to ore onsite and conveyor those to the manufacturers or just move the ore? I’m starting to think the former would be better, or use the foundry onsite as close to the two resources as possible and just ship in ingots or processed crystal.

I smelt copper, caternium, and quartz onsite. If you have enough infrastructure to process aluminum onsite, then that too, and truck back aluminum and silica if you need it. Iron can get trucked back for iron or steel.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dalaram posted:

I smelt copper, caternium, and quartz onsite. If you have enough infrastructure to process aluminum onsite, then that too, and truck back aluminum and silica if you need it. Iron can get trucked back for iron or steel.

Do trucks work at all in multiplayer? I've picked this up with my wife and she's the server, vehicles are fine for her but for me I am incapable of doing anything with them. They stutter like mad and setting up a delivery route straight up does not work.

So as an alternative I just belt stuff 2 kilometers to wherever I need it.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

xzzy posted:

Do trucks work at all in multiplayer? I've picked this up with my wife and she's the server, vehicles are fine for her but for me I am incapable of doing anything with them. They stutter like mad and setting up a delivery route straight up does not work.

So as an alternative I just belt stuff 2 kilometers to wherever I need it.

They worked fine when I was playing multiplayer, which was several months ago. Put the network quality in settings to ultra (and make sure that's set on both machines).

Trains we had a few amazing and hysterical bugs, but even those worked pretty well aside from that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

priznat posted:

Pardon, but where can this mod be found?