Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

stillvisions posted:

Any three points not in a line form a triangle.

Any five points where no three points form a line form a pentagram.

The best part about conspiracy theories is sooner or later you'll collect enough data points to make one or the other and you can scientifically determine if it's Satanists or the Illuminati.
Also any three points in a line form a ley line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ashpanash posted:

If you want to get a science boner for someone whose work and ideas really have had an outsized influence on both modern theory and modern technology, might I suggest Claude loving Shannon.

yeah it's kind if insane to think that a lot of modern cryptography and communication boundaries has been theoretically solved now for almost 70 years and the improvements in the field have been pushing to get them closer to the edge

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VitalSigns posted:

The "proceed with caution" bubble in the lower right is fascinating, what makes that snakeoil too stupid even for these guys

Breatharianism I get, but why is homeopathy over the line? Does selling people sugar pills instead of lavender oil just feel like too much of a scam?

"Homeopathy" is poorly defined, but many times things that have been sold as homeopathic medicines are wildly toxic.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hundreds-of-babies-harmed-by-homeopathic-remedies-families-say/

Just one example, but this is why scientific rigor, double blind studies, etc. are important for medical treatments and pharmaceuticals.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

pseudanonymous posted:

Pizza-Gate 🍕 (EL)

The “EL”ITES work in Symbolism as we live in a geometric universe, they are a bunch a very very smart individuals so give credit where it’s due. The Pizza-Gate 🍕 is Simply Symbolic, no one is actually buying children or selling them, as we can see in the images I have provided below “pizza” is indeed a code word which means “Female” the genitals.

The Yoni Yantra or triangle was known as the Primordial Image, representing the Great Mother as source of all life.
As the genital focus of her divine energy, the Yantra was adored as a geometrical
symbol, as the cross was adored by Christians. The ceremony of baptismal rebirth often involved being drawn
bodily through a giant yoni. Those who underwent this ceremony
were styled "twice-born."

Munch box, hail Satan

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Shooting Blanks posted:

"Homeopathy" is poorly defined, but many times things that have been sold as homeopathic medicines are wildly toxic.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hundreds-of-babies-harmed-by-homeopathic-remedies-families-say/

Just one example, but this is why scientific rigor, double blind studies, etc. are important for medical treatments and pharmaceuticals.

Technically, homeopathy is well defined. The problem is it's not regulated (since, well, it doesn't do anything, so it's not a medicine) so anyone can slap the "homeopathic" label on anything they want.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

Everyone knows Elvis is alive and well in the Bermuda Triangle, and that's why so many ships go disappearing there.

Elvis needs boats.

If course I need boats! And capital! Why? Because, Jack - I have a dream.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Technically, homeopathy is well defined. The problem is it's not regulated (since, well, it doesn't do anything, so it's not a medicine) so anyone can slap the "homeopathic" label on anything they want.

And the best part is the core belief of homeopathy (i.e. dilute down something bad until it's effectively not there) means you can effectively sell people bottles of distilled water with nothing dangerous in them yet claim that at one point it had the bad thing but has been diluted down and is now safe. It's a scam, but effectively safe.

In the inverse case, kinda like how a bunch of people who got into collloidal silver managed to not turn blue because the people making it didn't put any actual silver in it, although I'd chalk that up to greed over altruism. The honest ones, however, were giving out smurf potions.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

pseudanonymous posted:

Pizza-Gate 🍕 (EL)

The “EL”ITES work in Symbolism as we live in a geometric universe, they are a bunch a very very smart individuals so give credit where it’s due. The Pizza-Gate 🍕 is Simply Symbolic, no one is actually buying children or selling them, as we can see in the images I have provided below “pizza” is indeed a code word which means “Female” the genitals.

The Yoni Yantra or triangle was known as the Primordial Image, representing the Great Mother as source of all life.
As the genital focus of her divine energy, the Yantra was adored as a geometrical
symbol, as the cross was adored by Christians. The ceremony of baptismal rebirth often involved being drawn
bodily through a giant yoni. Those who underwent this ceremony
were styled "twice-born."

This is definitely the true meaning and final form of pizzagate

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

stillvisions posted:

And the best part is the core belief of homeopathy (i.e. dilute down something bad until it's effectively not there) means you can effectively sell people bottles of distilled water with nothing dangerous in them yet claim that at one point it had the bad thing but has been diluted down and is now safe. It's a scam, but effectively safe.

In the inverse case, kinda like how a bunch of people who got into collloidal silver managed to not turn blue because the people making it didn't put any actual silver in it, although I'd chalk that up to greed over altruism. The honest ones, however, were giving out smurf potions.

There’s no regulation of the homeopathic label, though. It could be literally anything, including an active ingredient.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

There’s no regulation of the homeopathic label, though. It could be literally anything, including an active ingredient.

That's not how that works. Once you put something regulated in it then it becomes regulated. Slapping a 'homeopathic' label on it doesn't excuse you from regulation.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Astrochicken posted:

This is definitely the true meaning and final form of pizzagate

It reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYkhlCon6E, which I always thought was a parody of conspiracy theories, but am now less sure about??

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Murgos posted:

That's not how that works. Once you put something regulated in it then it becomes regulated. Slapping a 'homeopathic' label on it doesn't excuse you from regulation.

That makes a lot of sense, but could they make something full of vitamins or zinc or something theoretically dangerous that isn’t regulated, or isn’t regulated very well?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

That makes a lot of sense, but could they make something full of vitamins or zinc or something theoretically dangerous that isn’t regulated, or isn’t regulated very well?

It's regulated, but if the whole gimmick if that you've diluted it to be below what the government consists acceptable then it can be whatever.

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

It's true, but the smart scammers just fill the vials with water and maybe something that gives it a bit of a medicinal taste; it follows the homeopathic principles and is the cheapest solution.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Saying something is homeopathic just means it contains nothing as evidenced by having no real active ingredients and also being an incredibly dumb idea about health and medicine.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Randallteal posted:

It reminds me of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYkhlCon6E, which I always thought was a parody of conspiracy theories, but am now less sure about??

That video is amazing. It's like that scene from Independence Day on Psychedelics.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Elea posted:

From the Freep Qanon thread

I thought QAnon lore was that Bourdain was a cannibal chef for the satanic elite who was about to blow the whole thing wide open and that’s why he was killed.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Sucrose posted:

I thought QAnon lore was that Bourdain was a cannibal chef for the satanic elite who was about to blow the whole thing wide open and that’s why he was killed.

Are we talking original trilogy lore here, prequels, EU, or after the hard reset? You need to be specific when you reference Q anon lore.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Iit depends on whether or not you introduce the subject with quotes where they say good or bad things about Donald Trump. So if you say they said a bad thing about Trump in the past you follow up with the fact that they are actually a cannibal pedophile, if you say they said a good thing, they actually faked their death and will at any moment reveal themselves to be the next VP of the united states.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

How many VPs are we up to in the Qanon universe at this point?

I think the most fascinating thing for me is some of their beliefs that large portions of the American Elite and political classes have been replaced as clones...for reasons???

Like what is the actual reason they give for the clone stuff? It makes no god drat sense

Qanon really is dumb as gently caress at all times so it self-selects for stupid people like a Nigerian Email scam

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The reason for the clones is that if you say "Hillary Clinton and Obama have been sent to Gitmo and executed" people will say "Uh Obama was just on TV the other day talking about his book."

See, the real Hillary Clinton and Obama are dead for their treason, but they've been replaced by clones.

I think the idea is mostly that the clones were created by the Deep State to hide that they've been executed/imprisoned, but I think some might be on the side of Trump and the True Patriots did the clones so that the general public doesn't panic until Trump reveals the truth.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

TulliusCicero posted:

Like what is the actual reason they give for the clone stuff? It makes no god drat sense

It's a hold-over from the really early days, when the premise of Qanon wasn't "The Storm is coming"; they thought The Storm was already happening behind the scenes and would be revealed Any Day Now. Q-pilled people were claiming that all sorts of celebrities and politicians, who lived very public lives, were actually secretly dead.

"[Prominent Democrat] has been given a trial in Guantanamo, found guilty of treason, and was executed. What's that? They just made a public appearance and gave a speech? Why, that must be a clone!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Don’t forget the pleasure of knowing that the clones will be tortured and killed themselves, then replaced by further clones. It’s a sci-fi take on the christian idea of eternal damnation, knowing simultaneously that your enemies are dead but also having the excitement of knowing that they are suffering.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"Paul McCartney died decades ago, but was cloned in order to make it seem like he was still alive. But the cloning process wasn't as good back then so his clone really blew at coming up with new music, which is how we got things like Temporary Secretary."

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

"Paul McCartney died decades ago, but was cloned in order to make it seem like he was still alive. But the cloning process wasn't as good back then so his clone really blew at coming up with new music, which is how we got things like Temporary Secretary."

now explain Happy Christmas.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Don’t forget the pleasure of knowing that the clones will be tortured and killed themselves, then replaced by further clones. It’s a sci-fi take on the christian idea of eternal damnation, knowing simultaneously that your enemies are dead but also having the excitement of knowing that they are suffering.

...why though? Like are the clones the same people in personality? Is this like Body Snatchers or Replicants?

Like I know their conspiracy narratives make no God drat sense, but holy poo poo are they stupid

"JFK JR. HID FOR YEARS TO REVEAL THE DEEP STATE!" why?

"THERE WAS A BATTLE OVER A SERVER BETWEEN SPECIAL FORCES AND THE CIA IN GERMANY" how?

"THERE WAS A SECRET CHINESE BASE IN MAINE THAT GOT BUNKER BUSTERED" people would feel that

"POLITICANS/ CELEBRITIES FROM THE DEEP STATE ARE BEING REPLACED WITH CLONES, WHO ARE EVIL TOO" why are they also evil?

Like, it's just the worst Homebrew Tabletop setting/ LARP I've ever seen or heard of... And this is millions of people's political ideology

And they thought we would go crazy from playing video games and DnD :psyduck:

Everything is Projection with this truly absurd outlier of a generation/ political clique

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TulliusCicero posted:

Like, it's just the worst Homebrew Tabletop setting/ LARP I've ever seen or heard of... And this is millions of people's political ideology

One day one of these guys are going to find an old military exercise intel briefing in an old army desk somewhere and it will become accepted Q canon to believe that America was conquered by the Circle Trigonists in the 60's

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

TulliusCicero posted:

There's a fake quote from JFK Jr. that says "If my dear friend Donald Trump ever decided to sacrifice his fabulous billionaire lifestyle to become president he would be an unstoppable force for ultimate justice that Democrats and Republicans alike would celebrate." Since Q believers now think both Republicans and Democrats are part of the Deep State, they likely think he was waiting for Trump to run since Trump is the only one he could trust.

quote:

"POLITICANS/ CELEBRITIES FROM THE DEEP STATE ARE BEING REPLACED WITH CLONES, WHO ARE EVIL TOO" why are they also evil?

Because they're clones, of course.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TulliusCicero posted:

It's pre-emptively covering their own rear end. The clones theory only exists to explain why nothing is happening overtly. The reason the clones are still evil is because they still want to see these famous people suffer. The desired result is not pity or sympathy of an innocent scapegoat, it is that their enemies suffer. This is why Obama has been replaced by a clone because he's already been executed in order for Trump to have accomplished something, and then they want the clone punished to because it's not enough to just imagine it.

TulliusCicero posted:

Everything is Projection with this truly absurd outlier of a generation/ political clique

I mean, there's always a lot of projection. The way some Dems keep trying to extend a hand to Republicans is because they genuinely see Republicans as being like themselves. It's just that conservative projection just reveals all sorts of ugliness. It's why conservative concerns about election fraud always ring hollow because they're already responsible for the few confirmed instances of election fraud. They're fine with it if it's for their cause.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

TulliusCicero posted:

...why though? Like are the clones the same people in personality? Is this like Body Snatchers or Replicants?

Like I know their conspiracy narratives make no God drat sense, but holy poo poo are they stupid

"THERE WAS A BATTLE OVER A SERVER BETWEEN SPECIAL FORCES AND THE CIA IN GERMANY" how?

"THERE WAS A SECRET CHINESE BASE IN MAINE THAT GOT BUNKER BUSTERED" people would feel that

And they thought we would go crazy from playing video games and DnD :psyduck:

While it doesn't explain everything I do think its worth remembering QAnon is a cafeteria conspiracy theory. Few, if any, believe every single one of these. I'd wager most of these are actually just a few fringe people which blew up into the mainstream because of how insane it is. Most have this vague sense of Trump being some force for good with some 4D chess legalese house of cards bullshit to get out of losing the election and don't explore past it.

Rather than being boring though is actually how fascinating an ecosystem it is. Rather than a coherent ideology its competing conspiracy theorists talking past one another with nobody really listening to each other and yet they all live in the same virtual space and tolerate each other.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

tHE Only man who can take on the deepstate?

A democrat elitist, named JFK Jr. III.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

if i make clone of myself and have sex with it is it still globalist?

e: if the clone is an exact replica of myself as i exist now but is technically only 5 minutes old since that's when i cloned it, does that make me a pedophile?

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

RagnarokAngel posted:

While it doesn't explain everything I do think its worth remembering QAnon is a cafeteria conspiracy theory. Few, if any, believe every single one of these. I'd wager most of these are actually just a few fringe people which blew up into the mainstream because of how insane it is. Most have this vague sense of Trump being some force for good with some 4D chess legalese house of cards bullshit to get out of losing the election and don't explore past it.

Rather than being boring though is actually how fascinating an ecosystem it is. Rather than a coherent ideology its competing conspiracy theorists talking past one another with nobody really listening to each other and yet they all live in the same virtual space and tolerate each other.

The coherent theme is they are Nazi's and Trump encourages them to hate, the actual specifics vary but it's all the same end goal of rise up and murder all the untermensch/foreigners/non-incels/rino's/jews/satanists/democrats/LGBT/BLM whichever group(s) they personally despise.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The trouble with homeopathy is not the scam side, or basically it's just distilled water. The real problem is if you let people think it's a real thing then they're going to start using it to try and treat serious medical conditions with disastrous consequences.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Gaupo Guacho posted:

does getting way into conspiracy theories have documented psychiatric ramifications or is it a chicken and egg thing where certain people who are already predisposed to mental illness are more drawn to going all the way down insane rabbit holes?

for example, and this is tangential to Q-anon, but while everyone probably strongly suspects Epstein didn't kill himself, I also feel like normal people can also readily understand that the public is never going to get any answers and just don't delve into it much further

I keep looking for information on this but all I ever find is what causes people to fall into conspiracy theories. I'm curious what kind of long term effects it has to believe this poo poo. The chuds I work with who are tangentially or fully into Qanon seem to have gone cognitively downhill over the last few years, and it's really accelerated in the last couple of months. Like, some of them look like they haven't slept in weeks and clearly can't keep a train of thought anymore.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Deptfordx posted:

The trouble with homeopathy is not the scam side, or basically it's just distilled water. The real problem is if you let people think it's a real thing then they're going to start using it to try and treat serious medical conditions with disastrous consequences.

https://youtu.be/HMGIbOGu8q0

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

paternity suitor posted:

I keep looking for information on this but all I ever find is what causes people to fall into conspiracy theories. I'm curious what kind of long term effects it has to believe this poo poo. The chuds I work with who are tangentially or fully into Qanon seem to have gone cognitively downhill over the last few years, and it's really accelerated in the last couple of months. Like, some of them look like they haven't slept in weeks and clearly can't keep a train of thought anymore.

That's just COVID.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

paternity suitor posted:

Fervency goes up as the deadline for the prophecy to be fulfilled or fail approaches.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

But Wings is the band that the Beatles COULD have been!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

paternity suitor posted:

Being one of the kEePeRs Of ThE sEcREt FlAmE is hard on a person, sheeple. The things you know, the forbidden knowledge... it slowly changes you.