Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Facts like that are usually pulled from a brown eye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Drone_Fragger posted:

Reminder they did a study and something like 30% of Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from
Brown cows.

https://www-wfla-com.cdn.ampproject...m-brown-cows%2F

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Drone_Fragger posted:

Reminder they did a study and something like 30% of Americans believe that chocolate milk comes from
Brown cows.

Ask a silly question, expect a silly answer.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nah

Cocaine Bear has a new favorite as of 11:33 on Jan 1, 2021

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Far more concerning is the 48% of respondents didn’t know where it came from.

I can fully believe that 7% of respondents gave the joke answer because it was the joke answer.

If I saw a survey that asked “Where does chocolate milk come from?” And the answers were:

A: A cow, and chocolate is added later.
B: I don’t know
C: From a butt

I’m picking C every time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If there were no options, I'd think it was a joke setup, and would say I don't know, because it's a dumb question you don't expect to be asked out of the blue.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Android Apocalypse posted:

:hmmyes:
The style & how graphic it was got me all :gonk:, especially the screaming.

The part where they were shocking different parts of some guy's brain and noting the reaction hosed with me for a while.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Drone_Fragger posted:

Brown cows.

Seventy percent of people believe I will give an honest answer to a question that funny.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah some lizardman quotient stuff going on in that research

PizzaThief
Sep 22, 2006

Traveling through time AND space?

Fister Roboto posted:

Can we still speak of country matters?

May I lie in your lap?

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Hyperlynx posted:

Before I registered, I read enough SA that "gently caress" and the others started to infiltrate my mental vocabulary, though I managed to never utter it out loud.

It's funny, it kind of added a quaint charm to the place.
It's been around so long, I have kinda of a reverse filter in my head now. I was reading a book where a character "gently caressed her hair" and my brain auto-converted that to... something else.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

minato posted:

It's been around so long, I have kinda of a reverse filter in my head now. I was reading a book where a character "gently caressed her hair" and my brain auto-converted that to... something else.

Ah, a good ol' fashioned hair job

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Drone_Fragger posted:

Brown cows.

Honestly it was shamefully late in life when I finally learned it was from cows that are fed chocolate.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lobok posted:

Honestly it was shamefully late in life when I finally learned it was from cows that are fed chocolate.

Actually, they are fed cacao. You're thinking of how they make milk chocolate, not chocolate milk

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

minato posted:

Same, I used to live near a brushless carwash called "Touchless Loving Carwash" and my brain always parsed it as "touchless loving carwash".

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Of course chocolate milk comes from brown cows. Lots of milk comes from brown cows. I’m sure they get it from other cows too.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thump! posted:

Of course chocolate milk comes from brown cows. Lots of milk comes from brown cows. I’m sure they get it from other cows too.

Mostly holsteins where I'm from.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Landmark US Supreme Court case Loving vs. Virginia.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The part where they were shocking different parts of some guy's brain and noting the reaction hosed with me for a while.

Everything the machines did made sense in the setting to a disturbing degree. Like the biological warfare and somehow keeping people alive after being sliced in half to study them. But yeah the guy screaming help me before his torso get ripped out is visceral. I get the same feeling in the vader scene in rogue one.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Is there a Church of the McRib?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

almost fourty thousand worldwide

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TK-42-1 posted:

I get the same feeling in the vader scene in rogue one.

Best scene in the entire run of SW films. I woulda watched a half hour extended cut.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Much like the holy infant it is tender and mild.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

mdemone posted:

Best scene in the entire run of SW films. I woulda watched a half hour extended cut.

Dude deserves more credit for being able to sound so utterly desperate. The level of anxiety and frenetic actions against this slowly encroaching force is really well shot.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Doc Hawkins posted:

almost fourty thousand worldwide

The McRib is poo poo, and has been since the first time they brought it back. They changed it, and made it worse. :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Kheldarn posted:

The McRib is poo poo, and has been since the first time they brought it back. They changed it, and made it worse. :colbert:

Never thought there would be a McRib truther on these here forums.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Kheldarn posted:

I've never had one but apparently I missed its zenith.

rain dogs
Apr 19, 2020

Its easy to recreate the mcrib. Just nuke a pork microwave dinner and put it in a soggy bun which is also nuked. Wallah

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I remember Aldi used to carry what was basically family sized portions of TV dinner mcribs that tasted just like the real thing. I don't even like the mcrib all that much but I get nostalgic for my lovely poverty dinners I grew up with.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You're not supposed to throw car batteries into the river, as tempting as it may be. The fresh water isn't good for the car battery.

You're supposed to throw them into the ocean where it's a perfectly legal thrill.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

minato posted:

While we're at it, I've always wondered about the use of "gently caress" in Wat Pomp by Die Antwoord. I'm like 95% sure they were inspired by SA, there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heOL_SSjCww&t=140s

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
https://twitter.com/airbagged/status/1344818578378420225?s=20

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
"Mauled to death in the Gremlin Apocalypse" would be a loving metal way to die. My final wish is that 3 Inches of Blood writes a song about it.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Clitch posted:

"Mauled to death in the Gremlin Apocalypse" would be a loving metal way to die. My final wish is that 3 Inches of Blood writes a song about it.

And for Tony Randall to sing it.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Who What Now posted:

Ah, a good ol' fashioned hair job
It's called brimping and there's photographic evidence.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Inceltown posted:

Never thought there would be a McRib truther on these here forums.

Really?

Did you think SA was a place of honor or something?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

My second son is three years old and pronounces Wolverine exactly the way that would sound :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My favourite was always the f-word getting turned into Ham-Ham.