Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

ZuluDashOne posted:

Pluto started its own TV station in response to losing planet status? Good job Pluto.

Yeah. They got 24/7 Bob Barker Price is Right, and they got a game show network with Alex Trebek Concentration reruns.

Probably all that old stuff because signals take so long to reach us from Pluto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Speaking of the inside of the Pixar office reminds me of this fantastic moment from January 2019:

https://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/1091039217625387008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Athanatos posted:

Yeah. They got 24/7 Bob Barker Price is Right, and they got a game show network with Alex Trebek Concentration reruns.

Probably all that old stuff because signals take so long to reach us from Pluto.

Is this why they still show reruns of the 1936 Olympic Opening Ceremony?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

This brings up the question, what is a bad movie to watch high? We ate some edibles before going to see District 9 because I think we all thought it was going to just be a standard alien sci fi movie with pew pew guns and space fights, but it was not a great atmosphere for being stoned.

Hannibal (both the movie and the TV show) should not be watched high. A few months ago I took an edible that was a lot more potent than I expected, and two episodes of Hannibal later I was staring at my ceiling in terror for the next several hours.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The first time I did a hallucinogen (2CI) was in high school and I watched a stupid movie called The Butterfly Effect. It was terrifying on drugs but i watched it a few years later and was surprised how bad, teen-angsty and stupid it was, and felt ashamed for being so scared earlier in my life

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Speaking of, saw it was mentioned that the Ghibli movies were on HBO MAX. Having never seen any of them, where should I start?

Three that are just unassailably great films:

1) Prinecss Mononoke - Probably his most teenager aimed film. Fairly violent, about the civilized world encroaching on forests.

2) Spirited Away - A young girl's parents fall into a trap and she's whisked into a world where she has to work in a bath house for spirits.

3) Porco Rosso - 1930's Italy where the fascists are taking over and ending the age of free pilots. The main character was cursed into being a pigman but he's cool with it.

After those:

4) My Neighbor Totoro - Two young kids deal with their mother's illness with the help of magical forest spirits.

5) Kiki's Delivery Service - Young witch moves to a village and a chill time is had by all.

6) Castle of Cagliostro - A lupin the 3rd movie. Unnecessary to know anything about the characters. Some thieves ruin a fascist's time, save the girl, fight on a clocktower.

7) The Wind Rises - Semi-biographical film about Jiro Horikoshi, the guy who designed the fighter planes used in WW2.

8) Howl's Moving Castle - War is bad, and a teen gets cursed into being an old woman to prove it.

Deep Cuts:

9) Ponyo - It's the plot of the movie Taken, but aimed at very young children.

10) Nausicaa - Basically Princess Mononoke but not as polished.

11) Secret World Of Arietty - Have you ever seen the Littles?

12) Whisper of the Heart - A girl loves to the sing the song Country Road by John Denver. A good time is had by all.

13) Laputa Castle In the Sky - Got kinda butchered in english. Still good. Magical crystal, magical flying castle, you know the drill.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

This brings up the question, what is a bad movie to watch high? We ate some edibles before going to see District 9 because I think we all thought it was going to just be a standard alien sci fi movie with pew pew guns and space fights, but it was not a great atmosphere for being stoned.

Gummo

Nov 6, 2002

I finally saw Spirited Away this past summer, and man, that is some serious :catdrugs:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Only Yesterday is good

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I did not care for spirited away.

I liked the other films a lot more.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Speaking of the inside of the Pixar office reminds me of this fantastic moment from January 2019:

https://twitter.com/leeunkrich/status/1091039217625387008

I love Pants. I gave a print of his as a Secret Santa gift and noted it was a Secret Santa thing so he added a note with another drawing and a bunch of stickers.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The first time I did a hallucinogen (2CI) was in high school and I watched a stupid movie called The Butterfly Effect. It was terrifying on drugs but i watched it a few years later and was surprised how bad, teen-angsty and stupid it was, and felt ashamed for being so scared earlier in my life

lmao the only time I ever had a bad trip was seeing Spring Breakers in the theaters while tripping balls

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

swickles posted:

I watched Passion of the Christ while extremely intoxicated and I’ve regretted it ever since, much more than I would have had I watched it sober.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

SHOAH NUFF posted:

The first time I got stoned out of my mind the people I was with sat me in a comfy chair and put on Dirty Work. Would recommend. It is very funny both on and off drugs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also if you want to watch something wild, Miyazaki directed a music video once. It's about riot cops storming a cult compound

https://vimeo.com/115387039

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Hot Diggity! posted:

I love Pants. I gave a print of his as a Secret Santa gift and noted it was a Secret Santa thing so he added a note with another drawing and a bunch of stickers.

That rules. I want to get something of his for my cube or office at home, but now my "office" is a temporary desk in the middle of our living room and I never go into work. Maybe I could find something my wife would agree could hang in the kitchen.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ZuluDashOne posted:

Requiem For A Dream

In college one year my roommate and I decided to leave our door open when we moved into our apartment. Say hi to some neighbors and whatnot. We watched Requiem for a Dream one night and the dvd case was sitting on our TV stand the next day.

The next day, one of the most insanely drunk and high girls I have ever seen came stumbling into our apartment. She sat on our floor and asked for water, which we gave to her so she didn't die. Then she tried to bum one of my roommate's cigarettes off of him, and offered a half-used chap stick as payment.

She then saw the Requiem for a Dream dvd and went "OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS MOVIE IT'S SO GOOD!!! ...I've never seen the end though"

loving obviously

D-LINK posted:

lmao the only time I ever had a bad trip was seeing Spring Breakers in the theaters while tripping balls

a different roommate once went on a beach walk on shrooms and apparently broke her trip by thinking "oh good thing there aren't needles on this beach or else I would never see them" and then suddenly the beach was all needles. She called me in a panic because she couldn't find the house after making it off of the needle-infested beach. I went to go get her and she was standing in the street in front of the house.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

SHOAH NUFF posted:

lmao butterfly effect

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I missed theme park chat, but we have a supervisor who's a pretty good guy, and his only weirdness is taking him and the kids to Disney about five-six times a year. He asked me when the last time I went was, and I told him me and the folks went to Disney and Universal Studios once. The big attraction at Universal Studios at the time? Battlestar Galactica.

No, not that one. The other one.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

If I haven't sung the praises of Chris Fleming in a chat thread yet I apologize

https://twitter.com/chrisfluming/status/1346303670548217856?s=09

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Just think, everyone born in the 20th century is now legal to drink

https://twitter.com/TamBRUH/status/1346305703242321920

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Butterfly Effect is the one where he decides the solution to all his problems is to kill himself as a fetus right?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I don’t remember that but tripping while some kids are on screen trying to light a dog on fire is horrible

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My brother said that Space Jam was amazing to watch while high. In the theater, no less.

Nov 6, 2002

I watched Rise of Skywalker high in the theater.

It didn't help.

bobjr posted:

Butterfly Effect is the one where he decides the solution to all his problems is to kill himself as a fetus right?

No, it's to shun his love interest when they're children so she doesn't want anything to do with him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, the fetus strangle thing is an alternate ending.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I literally completely forgot Butterfly Effect existed until this very moment.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Sorry guys. Let’s instead talk about the excellent Cinemax show Banshee, which everyone should watch

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bobjr posted:

That's the alternate ending, not the theatrical one IIRC.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I think all babies should have guns. Survival of the fittest.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Hot Diggity! posted:

I think all babies should have guns. Survival of the fittest.

A good baby with a gun is the only thing that stops a bad baby with a gun

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Sorry guys. Let’s instead talk about the excellent Cinemax show Banshee, which everyone should watch

Cinemax still exists??

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Guze posted:

A good baby with a gun is the only thing that stops a bad baby with a gun

Sure, they can't communicate or anything, but you know if one shoots another that the one that got shot had it coming.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Hot Diggity! posted:

Sure, they can't communicate or anything, but you know if one shoots another that the one that got shot had it coming.

This diaper ain't the only thing that's loaded.

Nov 6, 2002

Alaois posted:

Cinemax still exists??

I miss the days with all the cheesy softcore movies.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’d text him that question every hour.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Tell him to not go to the hospital and just take some theraflu

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

My wife's step father is a MAGA man who thinks covid is greatly exaggerated and all that.

He tested positive for covid on the 1st. Couple of days letter he felt like total poo poo and went to the ER.

They wanted to admit him to the hospital because his oxygen was low, but there were no beds left. So they sent him to a different hospital. They're trying to get his oxygen levels up now.

I wonder if he still thinks it's just the flu.

Honestly, there's a good chance that he still does. I'm remembering that interview of the ICU nurse in South Dakota who had COVID-19 patients denying the disease's existence up until the point that it killed them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Oxygen involves wearing a mask which are for pearl clutching snowflakes