Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

haveblue posted:

The face thing was cool but I never made the intuitive link that it was due to bright flashes of light in the helmet so I would just get freaked out by the giant face suddenly staring at me for a moment
"Oh god, who is that woman on the screen, I thought I was a robot person or something" is probably a more common reaction to this than you might think, especially among kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Bad on PS4, runs at 30fps. Unlocked but not hitting 60 on Pro. Runs at 60 on PS5. Missing the Ascension level from PC

It's on sale for under $20. I have a PS5. I haven't played those games since they were originally released. Would you say it's worth my time?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

nerve posted:

you like a lovely YouTuber dude, the things you like aren't objectively good

the things i like aren't objectively good but because you say he's lovely then that's just the way it is? by what measure? goon consensus?

NakeyJakey has 1.6M subscribers, his RDR2 and TLOU2 videos have 7.5M and 3.5M views respectively

someone brought up Matthewmatosis - 219k subscribers

someone else posted an offensively long (6 hours) review by Action Button/Tim Rogers (42k subscribers) of some '94 anime dating sim game i can't imagine anybody in the real world giving a half of a gently caress about, but a bunch of goons thought was awesome so i guess that makes it so. that video barely broke 100k views.

now, i'm not saying viewership dictates quality, Transformers movies get butts in seats but they're still bad. but you're arguing for something's objectivity with nothing to back it up just because you and a few other goons say so. you're wrong, dawg.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Jose Oquendo posted:

Crysis Remastered. Good or bad?

Do not get it on console imo. Unless you don't have even an old PC (any decent PC from 2011 can run it on high) or don't like mouse+kb of course.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's on sale for under $20. I have a PS5. I haven't played those games since they were originally released. Would you say it's worth my time?

I mean, if you want it PS5 is the only console to run it smooth but then Crysis Remastered doesn't include Warhead expansion and in my opinion it was better than the base game.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jan 5, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShoogaSlim posted:

someone else posted an offensively long (6 hours) review by Action Button/Tim Rogers (42k subscribers) of some '94 anime dating sim game i can't imagine anybody in the real world giving a half of a gently caress about, but a bunch of goons thought was awesome so i guess that makes it so. that video barely broke 100k views.

Probably a troll but lol how Tim Rogers directly addressed this piece of garbage attitude about dating sims as like the first thing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

who fuckin cares about youtube view counts lol

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Guillermus posted:

Do not get it on console imo. Unless you don't have even an old PC (any decent PC from 2011 can run it on high) or don't like mouse+kb of course.

I mean, if you want it PS5 is the only console to run it smooth but then Crysis Remastered doesn't include Warhead expansion and in my opinion it was better than the base game.

OH poo poo. yeah. Hard pass. Warhead was great.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Probably a troll but lol how Tim Rogers directly addressed this piece of garbage attitude about dating sims as like the first thing

not a troll. dating sims are bad and cringe. plus i didnt watch it bc its 6 loving hours long lol

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Anyone here play Sengoku Basara games? I've never tried one before but I'm kinda interested. Is Sengoku Basara 4 decently playable without knowing any Japanese?
Or should I look for the PS3 one that got localized?

Augus fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 5, 2021

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ShoogaSlim posted:

not a troll. dating sims are bad and cringe. plus i didnt watch it bc its 6 loving hours long lol

I guarantee you it’s several hundred times more interesting and thoughtful than some dude whining about Naughty Dog gameplay

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

ShoogaSlim posted:

words words words

you seem to have a vested interest when the conversation has moved on might I suggest making a YouTube video about it

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

Escobarbarian posted:

I guarantee you it’s several hundred times more interesting and thoughtful than some dude whining about Naughty Dog gameplay

I made it 5 minutes into his Pac Man video before deciding that yep, this guy ain't for me.

Not opposed to the long format - I did watch a nearly four hour hour video on the Seattle Mariners this week, and I'm neither a baseball fan nor from the PNW.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

There’s only one YouTubee for me and that’s the lorester Vaaty Vidya whose silky voice soothe my demons

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

There’s only one YouTubee for me and that’s the lorester Vaaty Vidya whose silky voice soothe my demons

I will never tire of THE LORE LIBRARIAN

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Augus posted:

Anyone here play Sengoku Basara games? I've never tried one before but I'm kinda interested. Is Sengoku Basara 4 decently playable without knowing any Japanese?
Or should I look for the PS3 one that got localized?

I've played a couple, they're similar to Warriors games only with more gimmicky stages and every character has a unique play style, combat is kinda halfway between DMC and Warriors. Can't comment on the untranslated games though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I hear Ex. Tea is really into them, too

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Casnorf posted:

you seem to have a vested interest when the conversation has moved on might I suggest making a YouTube video about it

lmao

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just lol if you don't watch all Black Pants Legion Space Station 13 videos or Battletech ones :colbert:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

I'm not watching a six hour youtube video for any reason sorry

the why not watch one For Every Reason

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

FWIW I ran Crysis Remastered on super fuckoff graphics mode minus ray tracing and thought it looked like total rear end

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
goodbye sweet maria... hello... damp and rain... so close to the end, i can feel it in my eyes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

goodbye sweet maria... hello... damp and rain... so close to the end, i can feel it in my eyes

friends await inside the well

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Even if the startled looking man does have something deep and profound to say about a 90s dating sim, does it really require 6 hours to get his point across? For 6 hours I think I'd make better use of my time by playing the drat game myself

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

does it really require 6 hours to get his point across?

He got fired for making long boring videos so now he has to make even longer boringer videos to get ad revenue

Brevity is wit!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

fridge corn posted:

Even if the startled looking man does have something deep and profound to say about a 90s dating sim, does it really require 6 hours to get his point across? For 6 hours I think I'd make better use of my time by playing the drat game myself

You would not.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Verily, such is the reason why thine genitalia provokes such humourousness. :viggo:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Dude makes over 150k a year from Patreon so

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I got this username for a reason

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Angstrom of Phallus.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Sakurazuka posted:

It has some other great incidental effects like being able to see the bones in your hand when you had the X-ray visor on and reflecting Samus' face sometimes with the standard one.

The way they depicted Samus holding her fingers in different positions to activate different beam weapon modes is probably the single tightest piece of character building/world design ever seen in a Nintendo game. more than any of facet of the game, 16 year old Bust rodd was blown away by that

ShoogaSlim posted:

the things i like aren't objectively good but because you say he's lovely then that's just the way it is? by what measure? goon consensus?

NakeyJakey has 1.6M subscribers, his RDR2 and TLOU2 videos have 7.5M and 3.5M views respectively

someone brought up Matthewmatosis - 219k subscribers

now, i'm not saying viewership dictates quality, Transformers movies get butts in seats but they're still bad. but you're arguing for something's objectivity with nothing to back it up just because you and a few other goons say so. you're wrong, dawg.

To follow this line of reason to its most logical conclusion, PewDiePie is the best YouTube...

Real Talk, doesn't Nakey Jakey have those viewer counts because he was one of the first, like 1,000 people on Youtube? It's like Dunkey, he wouldn't make a dent in today's market but he's grandfathered in because his channel has been putting out content for a decade.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 5, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

fridge corn posted:

Consider his video a sort of mini-series, one is not obligated to watch it in one go, or at all if they'd prefer. The game's not available over here, it's never been localized, talking about the various design decisions, personalities, and cultural influences that stem from its particular moment can take you to surprising places, if you're interested in that sort of thing. If you aren't then consider this post not directed toward you and maybe try not to feel put-out when others enjoy things that you don't.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

To follow this line of reason to its most logical conclusion, PewDiePie is the best YouTube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZzZKuQUguk

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It's like how you can CHOOSE to watch The Irishman as a 4 hour film, or you can watch it as a 4 episode mini-series if you just use the handy PAUSE function.

But I would bet cash money that he could easily pare what he is trying to say down to 3-4 hours from 6. There is no way on Earth he's making 6 hours of salient points without repeating them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

We can argue over the needlessly long and outdated jrpgs that fill out your list but I've no quarrel there. Medal of Honour though? That's just trolling

MOH Underground was loving fantastic though?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

But I would bet cash money that he could easily pare what he is trying to say down to 3-4 hours from 6. There is no way on Earth he's making 6 hours of salient points without repeating them.
Even just 90 minutes worth of salient points would be a feature-length movie in its own right, so I think you can probably put good money on that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

And it ran at 60fps on the GameCube :captainpop:
That game was seriously made with black magic.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

instead of one 6-hour video think of it like 36 10-minute videos

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Even just 90 minutes worth of salient points would be a feature-length movie in its own right, so I think you can probably put good money on that.

which is a moot point because the people saying it should be 90 mins instead of 360 would still tune out after 10 :shrug:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Augus posted:

instead of one 6-hour video think of it like 36 10-minute videos

that's what you gotta do to be a BIGTIME STREAMER KID these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Fair point, I suppose. Six hours is just a lot of time to talk about anything.