Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you looking forward to in 2021?
This poll is closed.
More Bowesette 86 29.76%
This poll being modified by the mods 23 7.96%
game industry unionizing 80 27.68%
less open world AAA games 21 7.27%
being one of cheetah's little pogchamps 1 0.35%
78 26.99%
Total: 289 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i use first person when t alking about hard games because i am a gaming god and i require everyone to be aware of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
if youre gonna brag youre gonna have to post your gamerscore and top 3 boss kills

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i bet you didnt even know to duck on white blocks to hack into behind the level

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

I have finished Shikaku Shapes (thereby paying the debt I incurred for Disc Room). Shikaku Shapes is a game in the “filling in squares” genre like Picross; but instead of creating a picture, you pack the square with rectangles of areas prescribed by the numbers in the square. Here’s an example.

https://youtu.be/ujAhIKMceXQ

Unlike Picross, the solution to each puzzle is not unique, and it is easier to brute force your way to a solution. The presentation is extremely bare bones - just three pages of thirty puzzles each.

But I paid a buck for it and got my money’s worth easily. If you like filling in squares, here’s a different way to do it.

If anyone’s interested, the other games I currently have in the barrel are AI The Somnium Files, FF7, and Bloodborne.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wuggles posted:

I have finished Shikaku Shapes (thereby paying the debt I incurred for Disc Room). Shikaku Shapes is a game in the “filling in squares” genre like Picross; but instead of creating a picture, you pack the square with rectangles of areas prescribed by the numbers in the square. Here’s an example.

https://youtu.be/ujAhIKMceXQ

Unlike Picross, the solution to each puzzle is not unique, and it is easier to brute force your way to a solution. The presentation is extremely bare bones - just three pages of thirty puzzles each.

But I paid a buck for it and got my money’s worth easily. If you like filling in squares, here’s a different way to do it.

If anyone’s interested, the other games I currently have in the barrel are AI The Somnium Files, FF7, and Bloodborne.

Three bangers in the pipe

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I feel like I use first person when talking about gameplay events and emergent sequences I had a hand in, and third person when talking about story or other content under the developer's control.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Kentucky Route Zero is one of the only games I've ever played that feels like it's in second person

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
after finishing the first four mega man x games i decided to try out the game boy xtreme games, and they're alright! they are demakes of about 2/3 of the three snes games and control much better than i expected game boy versions of fast paced action games to, at least if you have the benefit of an emulator that can remap the dash. the few new characters are pretty fun, and the music actually sounds much better on the gb chip than whatever clangy nonsense they used for the snes games imo

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

If giving advice to another person: 2nd person

If discussing story with defined characters: 3rd person, 1st if I want to limit it to my own experience of those characters/story

If discussing a story without a defined protagonist/an avatar: 1st person

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A second person perspective would be like playing goldeneye with your screen covered, only spying on your opponents to see what you are doing

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Talking about video games from any point of view is pretty cringe

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Me playing Hades, and also completing my backlog

https://twitter.com/SluggoIsLit/status/1346706848435593216

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Bioshock is a second person game

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My cat Bakal kept meowing at me because he was very annoyed with the fact that he could not catch my shadow on the wall no matter how hard he kept scratching at it. He wants my shadow, he wants me to know he is trying so hard to catch and kill my shadow, but it's just not coming off.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Will I be able to play The Origami King and finish it before the 20th, which is when I have to clear a Gamefly slot for Atelier Ryza 2?

Tim Rogers said that many people in Japan played Dragon Quest for a half hour each evening after taking a bath and before bed, I might try that

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The senate is ours.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I hope one of them is the concept he had of office ladies fighting invading monsters.

My favorite part of any yoko taro production is usually his design notes.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Jan 6, 2021

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

A second person perspective would be like playing goldeneye with your screen covered, only spying on your opponents to see what you are doing

Wasn't that effectively a mode in Perfect Dark multiplayer?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Acerbatus posted:

I hope one of them is the concept he had of office ladies fighting invading monsters.

My favorite part of any yoko taro production is usually his design notes.

the "LETS loving GO!!!" pic only it's a cute anime girl

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Father Gascoigne down. Took me maybe six tries. Feelin’ good

Edit: I was able to buy the Threaded Cane, and just +2’d that. About to whip some rear end

I am certain you will smash this game :D

Father Gaswignee took me 75 odd tries the very first time. Then on new game plus I went and smacked him down first time to make up for the drubbing he previously gave me!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Last couple of story battles in age of calamity just aren't very good huh? poo poo flying in to chain hit you from off screen but don't worry, it's checkpointed you in an unwinnable position 30 minutes into an entirely too long mission.

It's an otherwise pretty fun game but some of these battles are obnoxiously long.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shout out to the 1 shade on the Theseus fight who always has my back.

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Good news, I finished up a whole bunch of hundos in the last couple of weeks :)

LiEat
A Short Hike
Milk Inside A Bag Of Milk Inside A Bag Of Milk
Batman - The Telltale Series
Crush Crush
Megadimension Neptunia VII

Batman was pretty good :) I thought they might try to go the whole season without having to wheel out Joker but nope he inevitably shows up in episode 3.

Neptunia is the same game as all the others. This series is hands down the king of asset reuse. Same characters as the last 5 games, same enemies, same maps, same music, same models... This one was at least not as grindy as the others except an achievement where you got gacha trading cards after using a rare drop healing item, and you needed to get the full set of Super Rare waifu cards from that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

Last couple of story battles in age of calamity just aren't very good huh? poo poo flying in to chain hit you from off screen but don't worry, it's checkpointed you in an unwinnable position 30 minutes into an entirely too long mission.

It's an otherwise pretty fun game but some of these battles are obnoxiously long.

I never died in AoC outside of those 1HP trials but I was also doing every single side mission so maybe I was way overleveled idk I liked all the story battles

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm a few levels over the recommended, nothing major. This is the first death I've taken so far (also outside of the 1hp challenges)

Once I finish the story I might do a brief post about why I think the game just doesn't work as well in overall structure as the previous, even though I think it makes a lot of improvements.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Here are some thoughts of mine on an extremely old game made by and for gen Xers.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1346769871963627520

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Relatively low stakes are 😎

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Games that have world-ending stakes but then let you gently caress around with chocobo breeding for weeks are 😕

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have decided that in 2021 I will be a gamer :hai:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

:love:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Rarity posted:

Holy poo poo now THAT is big news

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Rarity posted:

You're in good company

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rumours that I am Al-Qaeda are unconfirmed :ninja:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

:rip:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

:haibrow:

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Here are some thoughts of mine on an extremely old game made by and for gen Xers.

https://twitter.com/tweeterisawful/status/1346769871963627520

This is actually one of the reasons I really like New Vegas. I liked that the conflict ended up ultimately being a local power struggle, something that's critical to the lives of the people living in the Mojave but not a grand world-spanning plot. I found the more limited scope compelling and kinda refreshing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all i remember from new vegas is getting immediately bored with everything focusing on the strip and also that it was somehow even more ugly than fallout 3

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Anyone know the name of the first track that plays in the Nier: Automata prologue please? (i.e. from the shmup section before you arrive at the city) I'm trying to find it on Youtube but have no idea what it's called :(