Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

Applied as Bruceski

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

I started DiceDiceBaby as a Dicast goon guild if anyone wants to join one. It's application only at the moment so drop your name in here if you do join.

in as LoneGoat

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Loonytoad Quack posted:

In as Blandshee

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
Everyone who has applied so far is in, only 10 spaces until we expand with shields, not entirely sure how we earn those at the mo but will hopefully work it out before we hit the limit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You: Applied to Kings Raid Boss guild
Me, an intellectual: Waiting 45 mins. for the Disgaea RPG Closed Beta to begin, where the servers will be overloaded because anyone who makes a little effort can get in, and therefore, I won't be able to play.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Kheldarn posted:

Me, an intellectual: Waiting 45 mins. for the Disgaea RPG Closed Beta to begin, where the servers will be overloaded because anyone who makes a little effort can get in, and therefore, I won't be able to play.

Excuse me the what

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Excuse me the what

Disgaea RPG, the latest Gacha Game to come from the Enlightened East to the Wanton West.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kyrosiris posted:

Excuse me the what

It's bad, almost sank NIS entirely and is being published by the people who put Dark Phallus back into their translation of Phantasy Star Saga

I'm in

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's bad, almost sank NIS entirely and is being published by the people who put Dark Phallus back into their translation of Phantasy Star Saga

I'm in

...that sounds magical.

Like in a terrible way, mind you, but...

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Looks like it's open early. Here's the first screen with a character:

:allears:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aside from Laharl's title being "Oretachi Overlord", the translation is..just fine actually, which puts it miles ahead of Idola's barely comprehensible garbage.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

You can throw and explode Prinnys, dood. And for your first Summon, you can just keep redoing it until you get who you want as your starter.

If you increase battle speed, it also speeds up the voice acting.

Also, that opening musical number movie!

So far, I'm loving this! :allears:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like the link on the page doesn't work anymore for pre-registration. Bummer, hopefully it opens up soon, that sounds legit.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

kirbysuperstar posted:

I'm in

Lol, how the heck do you get your gacha sink your company? That poo poo should be solely cash grabs to fund your actual games. Like, it may make a lot of money (as Nintendo found out real quick), but it definitely shouldn't sink your flagship products.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Looks like the link on the page doesn't work anymore for pre-registration. Bummer, hopefully it opens up soon, that sounds legit.

It's a CBT for Australia/Canada/SEA right now and there will be a wipe, so don't worry too much.

Thundercracker posted:

Lol, how the heck do you get your gacha sink your company? That poo poo should be solely cash grabs to fund your actual games. Like, it may make a lot of money (as Nintendo found out real quick), but it definitely shouldn't sink your flagship products.

NIS were already in a bad place at the time (they put out Disgaea 5 with the idea that it might well be the last one) but it launched the game in March, had massive server issues that put the game down for three days, it came up for another twelve hours and then died again, not coming back until November. NIS/Fowardworks blamed overseas connections (lol), and then they really started swirling the drain, with highers up selling stock and asking staff to go without pay or some poo poo. They're doing a lot better now and all but yeeeeeeeeeeesh.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel
In Dicast does the gold I get from goldmine in a match add to my currency used for upgrades? Or is it just kept in the match for when I land on the shop?

Applied as bubuhu12

Estel
May 4, 2010

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Applied as Estelthir.

Temin
Sep 1, 2001
I am an ass licking donkey didling pele fucking buttertroll sympathizing cockmongering narc

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as That's Numberwang!

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Applied to Raid Goons as "RaidersInc"

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as Vawnyguild

Is there any kind of wiki or stage guide out for this game yet? I seem to have gotten stuck on 3-6.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lord Psychodin posted:

Applied as Vawnyguild

Is there any kind of wiki or stage guide out for this game yet? I seem to have gotten stuck on 3-6.

Yeah, there is a dungeon guide here. That particular level, is it the room with the 4 bombers and 2 other mobs that's getting you? Dodge the bombs and focus on the gunners, as the bombers don't have any other attacks.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

mirror123 posted:

In Dicast does the gold I get from goldmine in a match add to my currency used for upgrades? Or is it just kept in the match for when I land on the shop?

Applied as bubuhu12

The gold you have at the end of a match is what you earn, win or lose. It caps out at 100 gold and it can be doubled if you break the other player's win streak.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Sometimes the monsters in Diecast have more target dice (not counting the archer's skill which is quite obvious). Slimes will have 4 or 5 and the trees have 2 or 3. Is there any logic to that?

It's in interesting game. Clearly there's a lot of randomness but there's also strategy going on, but that strategy is obfuscated by not seeing the opponent's hand. I had one game where I was on my base with an attack right in front of me, holding a Return and a 1 but just too low attack to kill. So I use some random other die, return to my base for a level-up getting me to lethal, and then use the 1 to attack and win. From my side that was clever, from theirs it probably looked like absolute BS because they don't know I was holding those already.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Raid goons. Alliance battles, maybe we should communicate before we hit targets. I just did a boss battle that lasted nearly 7 minutes and after the battle it told me someone else entered and my battle didn't happen.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Bruceski posted:

Sometimes the monsters in Diecast have more target dice (not counting the archer's skill which is quite obvious). Slimes will have 4 or 5 and the trees have 2 or 3. Is there any logic to that?

It's in interesting game. Clearly there's a lot of randomness but there's also strategy going on, but that strategy is obfuscated by not seeing the opponent's hand. I had one game where I was on my base with an attack right in front of me, holding a Return and a 1 but just too low attack to kill. So I use some random other die, return to my base for a level-up getting me to lethal, and then use the 1 to attack and win. From my side that was clever, from theirs it probably looked like absolute BS because they don't know I was holding those already.

Yeah, when the other player does something incredible, you never really know if it was strategy or luck. Those really close games can be nail biting at the end though.

I also have not figured out why monsters have different amounts of target dice. If you notice a pattern, let me know.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I'm liking Raid Boss a lot so far, especially now that we have an actual raid going, but man the dodging of attacks can be finnicky and I don't love how often I have to do it although it does add more strategy than overlevel your people and hit auto-battle. I think most of the problems can be fixed by utilizing the hold command every time you need to dodge something. because if you don't it seems like your guys will sometimes just do whatever they want. I feel like the hitboxes on the warnings are not totally accurate all the time either, as I've had plenty of dudes get bodied by a big attack even though I managed to get them out of the space in time. Maybe their foot was still in or something but idk it's a little annoying not being able to auto battle for the most part past the first world since there's always something that will gently caress your day up if you don't get out of the way.

Also is this by the Archero devs? I think those purple piranha plant things that shoot the arrows in a column in front of them is straight out of Archero.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

explosivo posted:

I feel like the hitboxes on the warnings are not totally accurate all the time either, as I've had plenty of dudes get bodied by a big attack even though I managed to get them out of the space in time. Maybe their foot was still in or something but idk it's a little annoying not being able to auto battle for the most part past the first world since there's always something that will gently caress your day up if you don't get out of the way.

This has also been annoying me.

Plus, given how much of the game they have lifted from wow, I don't think they are shy about copying other games.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Just lost a 16 win streak in Dicast to an Archer that just built up steam too fast :negative:

The witch doctor was my guy, but then I discovered the dwarf and man he is just a monster.

I'm at 53 wins, 15 losses, and still really enjoying myself.

mirror123
Jan 17, 2006
rice barrel

Farquar posted:

Yeah, when the other player does something incredible, you never really know if it was strategy or luck. Those really close games can be nail biting at the end though.

I also have not figured out why monsters have different amounts of target dice. If you notice a pattern, let me know.

Not that it matters much for the outcome but I believe the fixed amount dice show that amount as part of the animation so you know if it was planned or if the opponent actually rolled for it.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point

Ryaath posted:

Just bumping this as it got buried under a page of Raid Boss joins. Come play Shop Titans with us.

candide#25624 if there's an open spot

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

candide posted:

candide#25624 if there's an open spot

I think we filled that slot (at least for now) we can get you an invite when one comes up, it's never too long between spaces coming up

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as Bruceski's Bruisers

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

norp posted:

I think we filled that slot (at least for now) we can get you an invite when one comes up, it's never too long between spaces coming up

You can boot Gerdalti, hasn't really held my attention.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Gerdalti posted:

You can boot Gerdalti, hasn't really held my attention.

I don't see you... Either you are talking about a different game or it's been a week without a login and you've been booted already

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

norp posted:

I don't see you... Either you are talking about a different game or it's been a week without a login and you've been booted already

Oh yeah, was talking about raid boss, my bad.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Gerdalti posted:

Oh yeah, was talking about raid boss, my bad.

I went ahead and removed you. Let us know if you'd like back in at any point. Also we have ~7 slots left.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

mirror123 posted:

Not that it matters much for the outcome but I believe the fixed amount dice show that amount as part of the animation so you know if it was planned or if the opponent actually rolled for it.

If there's a roll, it will still do a roll animation. If they pick the number, it does a slam-the-dice-down animation.

The numbers on the dice cards look different as well, so you can see exactly what they roll. Like, Odd has 1/3/5 pips, and High has 4/5/6.

Estel
May 4, 2010
It always shows the dice card selected so you always know if it was luck or he really tried to do something.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Can anybody recommend a good one of those “power getting”games? I’m not sure what the official term for them is. But you know the ones where you build up a little base/city and you are trying to get resources on a big overworld map with other players that can constantly attack you? They are kinda the new ubiqiboius thing mobile games seem to be these days if they aren’t a gatcha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Got one, Raid Goons

Applied as Good Citizens