Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit

Rutibex posted:

trolling

Trolling isn't something you do to get elected and be the head of the NDP, it's something you do to intentionally piss people off. That's like the exact opposite of what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

What would you call pretending to care about something in order to appeal to the people who actually do give a poo poo about other people even though you have no intention of ever doing it? Is that not what is meant by virtue signalling?

insincerity? performative wokeness?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vyelkin posted:

im a leninist in that lenin was the ultimate shitposter and we can all only aspire to change the world through shitposting

martin luther literally nailed his shitposts to a church door and got them spread throughout europe

the OG viral shitposter

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

lmao at all the communists here getting upset that someone called out a socdem for soliciting donations.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

What would you call pretending to care about something in order to appeal to the people who actually do give a poo poo about other people even though you have no intention of ever doing it?

CanPol

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Feeling really attacked right now,

finally I get to be the victim!

Update- This sucks

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

Trolling isn't something you do to get elected and be the head of the NDP, it's something you do to intentionally piss people off. That's like the exact opposite of what it is.

So Erin O'Toole

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mafic Rhyolite posted:

So Jason Kenney's issues managers.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/faceplam/status/1346509546349494273?s=21

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I called Alberta healthlink cause I’m 99% sure I have covid and some outsourced call center person told me to take transit downtown to get tested, really excited for kenney to win another election

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

drjuggalo posted:

I called Alberta healthlink cause I’m 99% sure I have covid and some outsourced call center person told me to take transit downtown to get tested, really excited for kenney to win another election

I had to bike halfway across the city to get tested in the fall because the only testing centre in the city was (is?) way on the south side, and they told me to take transit or a cab.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

drjuggalo posted:

They're not making housecalls anymore if you have no isolated way to get to a testing center? They were for a while, but I guess "for a while" is the best you can hope for here.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
See Mr Kenney, labour is like oil in that you also need it for an economy.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

:vince:

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Boy I wish Erin O'Toole, Kenney and all the other fucks that cozied up to the extreme right wing of the american government got some fallout from this but probably not.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

since canada always follows the heels of the US, how long until we get our own dipshit coup?

Or rather kudatah, since it'll probably happen in Alberta.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fashionable Jorts posted:

since canada always follows the heels of the US, how long until we get our own dipshit coup?

Or rather kudatah, since it'll probably happen in Alberta.

We actually broke the ground on this one! :eng101:

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2020/07/03/man-who-rammed-gate-near-trudeau-residence-with-truck-faces-multiple-charges/

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

and the nutter who stormed parliament with a cowboy rifle in 2014

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I was gonna say I think were actually ahead of America as far as storming the legislative assembly. how is that security guard ambassador doing anyway

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
call me when donald trump elbows nancy pelosi on the floor of the us congress

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/meanwhileincana/status/1347276261513715713?s=21

lol of course

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
the con in cancon means confederate :shuckyes:

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i thought that picture couldn't get better but

2021 is delivering beyond my wildest expectations so far

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Truth, and not just limited to Alberta.

Cold on a Cob posted:

We passed on buying a house in Hamilton in 2013 because the house next to it had confederate flags in the windows. Our realtor had no loving clue why that was bad and why my WoC partner wouldn't want to live there, goddamn that realtor was dumb.

Edit: No worries some Ontarians get smug but I wasn't trying to imply anything wrt your post.

Cold on a Cob has issued a correction as of 23:34 on Jan 7, 2021

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Cold on a Cob posted:

Truth, and not just limited to Alberta.

oh yeah I didn't mean to imply an alberta connection. I once took a detour on the way to algonquin park (thanks to a music festival clogging up the main road) and saw multiple rebel flags on the side roads, including a massive one covering a whole barn. It was somewhere around barrie I think.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, you see them a lot in small town ontario

you used to see them here and there in toronto until maybe five or six years ago

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Starks posted:

oh yeah I didn't mean to imply an alberta connection. I once took a detour on the way to algonquin park (thanks to a music festival clogging up the main road) and saw multiple rebel flags on the side roads, including a massive one covering a whole barn. It was somewhere around barrie I think.

Seen the same driving around east, just outside of Algonquin. Lotta weird redneck pockets and Christian denominations I've never heard of and probably worship snakes.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Isizzlehorn posted:

Seen the same driving around east, just outside of Algonquin. Lotta weird redneck pockets and Christian denominations I've never heard of and probably worship snakes.

As a Unitarian Universalist I am very offended by this

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i could see myself worshipping snakes. digging a huge pit and filling it with snakes. throwing heathens in there to appease the snakes

yeah that sound like a great idea actually

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

yeah that sound like a great idea actually

:yeah:

I saw a confederate flag flying in northern ontario a couple years ago but it was gone before I had the chance to fix that. Not sure if the owner smartened up or someone else beat me to it.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

scott fielding resign bitch

https://twitter.com/wabkinew/status/1348464924918353921?s=21

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Gone already

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

Do they want to lose the rural vote?

Pretty sure the white tory lady running against the Ojibwe NDP man can be fairly confident in her rural prairie vote.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Gone already

https://twitter.com/WabKinew/status/1348476487263875073?s=20

wab redid and blurred the faces of the non-manitoba finance minister people

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

B33rChiller posted:

Pretty sure the white tory lady running against the Ojibwe NDP man can be fairly confident in her rural prairie vote.

Not if they slam wife beating

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Ugh so loving cool my local cop shop is asking for a budget increase in the midst of a pandemic.

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

Cool, new emergency declaration in Ontario.

B117 is already community spread haha buckle up

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

drat horror queefs posted:

It's so infuriating how nakedly fptp exists just to prop up entrenched power systems.

What's that? The liberals won 70% of the seats with 34% of the popular vote and the NDP won 6% of the seats with 30% of the popular vote? Sounds like effective representation to me!

So sensible how all of our democratic voting rules are legislated from a period when cars didn't exist and people still used leeches and quicksilver for their bad humours.

ontario had a referendum on alleviating fptp with MMP as part of the ballot during a provincial election and it failed by a considerable margin, most people polled didnt know wtf it was.

at the time i was mad because i felt it hadn't been given any coverage by the media or by the government, but frankly if the citizens can't be bothered to do the bare minimum of research who are we to argue

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

which one of you is this

https://twitter.com/steve_ingleson/status/1349134745330921472?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Discrimination!
https://twitter.com/kellygreig/status/1348707791343669254?s=21