Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Jagganoth wants out too, he just wants everyone else to get out also. He's like a hosed up murder bodhisattva doomer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Paramemetic posted:

Jagganoth wants out too, he just wants everyone else to get out also. He's like a hosed up murder bodhisattva doomer.

Were not even sure hes omnicidal. That seemed to be Metatrons' plan, and wanted to use Jaggs for it, but jaggs fiigured out otherwise.

Now whether cutting the true world from the corpse reality will kill everyone or not would only be incidental.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 8, 2021

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FuturePastNow posted:

Gog-Agog is insane.

Gog-Agog is a performing Jester. Take anything they say or do with a massive grain of salt and look at how the outcome of what they push others to do will benefit them.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gog is a performing jester who is also insane

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like Gog

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Gog-Agog is your pal

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Gog is the most powerful demiurge on paper, but being a clown is not totally an act. She is an idiot mass of worms with just enough sapience that it gets in the way. In practice, that makes her much less powerful.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gog is my favorite demiurge. Either the fan suspicions about her are correct, and she puts on this clownish personality to hide greater schemes and manipulations, which is a favorite trope of mine.

OR

She is actually just an incredibly powerful goofball, and the only demiurge having fun. Right now all her fellow rulers of the known multiverse are battling, seemingly for the fate of reality itself, and the current bearer of the key of kings is present. Thus far, she has... done some physical comedy.

The meanest thing we've seen Gog do is, what, glare at Mottom?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

dromal phrenia posted:

Gog is my favorite demiurge. Either the fan suspicions about her are correct, and she puts on this clownish personality to hide greater schemes and manipulations, which is a favorite trope of mine.

OR

She is actually just an incredibly powerful goofball, and the only demiurge having fun. Right now all her fellow rulers of the known multiverse are battling, seemingly for the fate of reality itself, and the current bearer of the key of kings is present. Thus far, she has... done some physical comedy.

She tried to set up Allison to destroy Solomon's empire in a very petty way. She also overwrites the body and minds of millions by selling herself as a narcotic, so...

I don't think Gog-Agog is very coordinated or driven. She is, however, intensely jealous of other people for being people and not a mass of worms, and I think that her vast oceans of resentment come out pretty clearly on the page. She's the id of a Fox News combined with the attention span of, well, a mass of worms.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

dromal phrenia posted:

I think it's mostly this except I don't think she's actually having fun. I think she's just as miserable as the others.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog
To me she feels too unfocused and un-self-aware to be as miserable as the others, if that makes sense? It's more of a question of whether being able to withstand immortality is worth that level of mental rot.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Maybe. Like when she's described as "insane," I think of that the way we hear a true artificial intelligence would be insane. A thought process that cannot really be compared to human consciousness. She's playing a part and she's smart enough to play it well. So I'm probably wrong to call her miserable, too.

I think Jagganoth has a plan to kill her. He didn't go there without some planning. Once he stops toying with the other demiurges I hope we get some flashbacks/exposition for the ones we knew the least about.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

FuturePastNow posted:

I think Jagganoth has a plan to kill her. He didn't go there without some planning. Once he stops toying with the other demiurges I hope we get some flashbacks/exposition for the ones we knew the least about.

Jagganoth has a plan to destroy all life in all universes. That'd inevitably include all the Gog worms. The interesting bit will be whether he had a plan for a focused strike on the worms or if they're going to end up as collateral damage.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I really think that while Gog may be alien and weird... Gog desperately, desperately wants to be a person, and isn't quite. Look at all her artifice, her efforts to be friendly and likable, and how they're always going to fail except when people eat the worm because she is a hideous pile of worms in a people suit known for devouring worlds. Of course she's miserable! We've seen her unguarded moments and they don't show someone or something having a good time.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

dromal phrenia posted:

She explodes her followers to teleport

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Joe Slowboat posted:

She tried to set up Allison to destroy Solomon's empire in a very petty way. She also overwrites the body and minds of millions by selling herself as a narcotic, so...

I don't think Gog-Agog is very coordinated or driven. She is, however, intensely jealous of other people for being people and not a mass of worms, and I think that her vast oceans of resentment come out pretty clearly on the page. She's the id of a Fox News combined with the attention span of, well, a mass of worms.

I think what Gog is is patient. All she has to do is make nice with the other demiurges and keep offering worms to people and waiting, because every worm is another set of eyes and ears, and a point of influence, for her throughout the seven-part world.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I think what Gog is is patient. All she has to do is make nice with the other demiurges and keep offering worms to people and waiting, because every worm is another set of eyes and ears, and a point of influence, for her throughout the seven-part world.

I think you are assuming Gog is less of a mess than any of the other demiurges, and I think that's a very silly assumption.

Gog explicitly 'would be the most dangerous if she pulled herself together' - she's quite literally scatter-brained.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

RIP Solomon.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/breaker-of-infinities-1-23/

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So ends Salami Dave.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I know he's a tyrant, a really bad dad, and a lot of other negative things. But I'm rooting for Solomon here; May he rest in peace

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
lol gog's still stuck

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Guildenstern Mother posted:

lol gog's still stuck

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Impaled Real Hahahaha Just Dissolve Into A Mass Of Worms

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Straight White Shark posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Being Impaled Real Hahahaha Just Dissolve Into A Mass Of Worms

And give up such a prime bit of physical comedy? Never. Gog-agog is a showman, first and foremost.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
Gog-ago follows toon rules, it's all about what's funniest.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

SUPERIOR SALAMI DUNK STYLE
DOWNTOWN TOMAHAWK

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

DOWNTOWN TOMAHAWK

:five:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

DOWNTOWN TOMAHAWK

:perfect:

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

DOWNTOWN TOMAHAWK

Yessssssss.

https://youtu.be/lWKQiZVBtu4

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jesus, Mammon and Mottom just kiss already

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I appreciate Jagg rocking the bunny ears like an omnipotent Bugs guarding the net. Also Solomon looking to be sliced into salami in the next panel.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

Jesus, Mammon and Mottom just kiss already

i too crave hot three-way dragon/crone/messiah action

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Please, Cryophage, you know you want to.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
In my heart, Gog-ago is voiced by the Double-Trouble va.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
She's too obviously Harley Quinn to not be Diniverse Harley Quinn to me.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
She's got a dulcet voice like this

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

K6BD thread, I beseech your aid.
I tried reading the last book of K6BD and was stymied by the sudden appearance of Incubus. "What's he doing here?" I thought. "Isn't he a ghost in Allison's mind? Or at least, isn't he just selfishly 'training' her with the idea of manipulating her in some way"?

I am considering checking the wiki for information on the subject, but before that I wanted to ask: is the wiki trustworthy? Back in my Homestuck days, it was well known in the fandom that the wiki often included fan speculation and headcanons that made it pretty much useless as a consultation tool. I'm not sure if the K6BD is any good.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The wiki's citations are reliable, at least.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
According to the Wiki Incubus is a master of "Head of John," based on this question Abaddon answered:

quote:

Q: I just noticed that in every appearance he's made, right back to the flashbacks in the first book, Incubus has three studs in his forehead. Is he a master of Head of John?

A: He is indeed! Good catch. The style was actually based on stuff I added to his appearance early.

Can someone smarter than me clue me to what this means?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Nilbop posted:

According to the Wiki Incubus is a master of "Head of John," based on this question Abaddon answered:

Can someone smarter than me clue me to what this means?

its a martial art that leaves your head completely indestructible, from the under comic text.