Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm a little bit concerned because I presume the final target will be Lucas Grey and I don't know how you would do that apart from the horrific way Absolution handled its final "bosses" (also the rest of the game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm a little bit concerned because I presume the final target will be Lucas Grey and I don't know how you would do that apart from the horrific way Absolution handled its final "bosses" (also the rest of the game).
Something like Hunter & Hunted where 47 starts in a disadvantageous position but can still technically evade detection and combat and then hunt down the target(s)? That'd make mastery unlock starts kinda tough though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

wrong thread

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ymgve posted:

All locations for Hitman 3 have been leaked (Spoilers, obviously)

https://i.imgur.com/5oDhKzb.png

All locations? That doesn't include Dubai...

The_Doctor posted:

Feels small.

Does, but who knows how big these maps are. A few really high quality huge maps with lots of routes are better than a bunch of small maps with a few routes. So we'll see.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Oh? I wouldn't assume that's where the story is going, although Apparently the first few missions see all of Providence taken out, so that does make it seem like... what else could they save for the last level?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jan 10, 2021

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh? I wouldn't assume that's where the story is going, although Apparently the first few missions see all of Providence taken out, so that does make it seem like... what else could they save for the last level?

I would preemptively assume the last few missions are built around resolving 47's overall story and character, considering IOI seem to be exhausted with Hitman at the moment and are looking to pursue other projects. Probably just trying to put a neat lil button on the series as a whole! Especially given the literal last mission is in Romania and all

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Zaphod42 posted:

Does, but who knows how big these maps are. A few really high quality huge maps with lots of routes are better than a bunch of small maps with a few routes. So we'll see.

I am only looking at the number of locations but I am not sure where you guys are getting that the game is small. Six is the number of (non-DLC) maps we got with Hitman 2. Or 1 for that matter, not including the tutorial. Maybe I am missing some other context that the location names provide.

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jan 10, 2021

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY
One of the previews mentioned that Carl Ingram can give a job to assassinate a nosy reporter and provide proof with the fancy camera. I wonder if killing the reporter gives a non-target kill penalty. Is it a target or not a target or something in between? Or do you just gain nothing and also lose nothing?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

crazysim posted:

One of the previews mentioned that Carl Ingram can give a job to assassinate a nosy reporter and provide proof with the fancy camera. I wonder if killing the reporter gives a non-target kill penalty. Is it a target or not a target or something in between? Or do you just gain nothing and also lose nothing?

I assume that knocking the guy out and taking the picture will satisfy Ingram.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
iirc we've got the Constant, Grey and the hacker whose name momentarily escapes me as other possible targets. I think there's nebulously an additional character tied to the militia who may have just been one of the elusives...oh, and Locksley. There's also that bizarre hanging thread at the end of H2 where it seems as if Lucas Grey was working with the Constant the whole time, and had somehow split 47 off from Diana and the hacker.

These new levels are in new locations, but they're also transparently revisiting aesthetically similar, modernized versions of classic hitman environs/missions- which is just fine by me.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 10, 2021

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

quote:

It will be a challenge called Say Sleaze!

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jan 10, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

crazysim posted:

From the previews I've seen, it's pretty clear that knocking the reporter out and taking the picture satisfies Ingram, killing them gets you a non target kill penalty. Not like Ingram can tell the difference between a corpse and an unconscious man from a photo.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was drunk and went overboard with my comments, but my biggest gripe on master difficulty is just how quick the suspicion meter fills. It makes certain areas, like the underground lab in Sapienza, way more annoying than they need to be, imo.

The virus has a number of ways of taking it out where you don't have to even enter the lab. Try shooting the stalectite above it, for example. There's even a way to take it out immediately from a starting point.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Restrained Crown Posse posted:

The virus has a number of ways of taking it out where you don't have to even enter the lab. Try shooting the stalectite above it, for example. There's even a way to take it out immediately from a starting point.

I know about the first one you mentioned (because for me the sniper assassin challenges wouldn't register otherwise, for some reason, even though you can just snipe it straight out) but I was unaware of the start point one?

EDIT: Another weird thing about that first method is that it doesn't always work for me depending on the angle from where I shoot it. Going behind the lab works fairly consistently, but again, getting there in master difficulty is annoying because there are so many enforcers. Maybe I've just been unlucky?

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jan 11, 2021

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

lol what are even these disguises in Mumbai

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jan 10, 2021

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
My prediction is that the constant will be the final boss and that Lucas will die in the penultimate cutscene.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I predict that the writing will get even worse. We may see some more direct christ imagery, just with lucas grey this time.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
That's stuff with, like, Lucas Grey on the cross, not saying "Christ, Lucas Grey..." which is a reasonable reaction.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Pirate Jet posted:

Nah! Haven Island is great and is on par with the usual big level, New York is less so - both smaller and way less creative and fun - but they apparently only had a month to make it or something.
The "private island" in Haven feels pretty small and unfinished but the rest of the map is good and the story of what is happening on the map (Ljudmilla backstabbing everyone including you) is one of my favourites in the two games.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/8/22219289/hitman-3-preview-dubai-dartmoor-pc-ps5-ps4-xbox-one-series-x

quote:

The first two maps in Hitman 3 — the Sceptre in Dubai and Thornbridge Manor in Dartmoor, England — are more compact experiences, with just three “mission stories” (guided assassination attempts) baked into each one, although the locations are no less intricate in design.

Oh no. And if every mission does have the same mastery level, this really doesn't bode well.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

(Ljudmilla backstabbing everyone including you)

Oh, when does this happen? After you do the job for them, or something? (To retrieve a stolen item, wasn't it? I don't recall - it's been too long. Maybe I killed her before she could backstab me)

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, when does this happen? After you do the job for them, or something? (To retrieve a stolen item, wasn't it? I don't recall - it's been too long. Maybe I killed her before she could backstab me)

I don't know the exact sequence of events, but after her having accessed Jason Portman's computer AND giving the USB drive, she'll have a telephone conversation while she still is in the spa. Afterwards Steven Bradley will then come to the spa and they'll have a conversation and they mention that what they are doing will not only effect the servers on the island.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

AceOfFlames posted:

https://www.polygon.com/2021/1/8/22219289/hitman-3-preview-dubai-dartmoor-pc-ps5-ps4-xbox-one-series-x

Oh no. And if every mission does have the same mastery level, this really doesn't bode well.

The nerds over at HitmanForum have roughly worked out from preview footage that while Dubai may only have 3 guided opportunities, it seems to have enough unguided ones of the same complexity/quality that it's in line with a normal H2 map.

However the trophies just leaked and the final map seems to only have 5 Mastery Levels.

Profanity fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 11, 2021

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I picked up HM1 for free on EGS last year, and a very generous and kind-hearted goon gifted me HM2 after seeing me post about how much I wanted to play it in another thread. Just wanted to join the conversation here and say that I love these games! I'm probably only about 1/3 of the way through the HM2 locations at this point, and then I'm sure I'll go back through and replay them all a few times like I did the HM1 levels.

All the HM3 stuff we've seen so far looks like more of the same which is 1000% okay with me; if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I will also opt to stay away from those spoiler bars for now, as I love being surprised by just being dropped into each level as blind as possible.

So...does anyone else now look at some places and/or events and think to themselves "man this would make a great Hitman level" No? Just me? :v:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

I don't know the exact sequence of events, but after her having accessed Jason Portman's computer AND giving the USB drive, she'll have a telephone conversation while she still is in the spa. Afterwards Steven Bradley will then come to the spa and they'll have a conversation and they mention that what they are doing will not only effect the servers on the island.

She has an additional phone convo afterward indicating that she's also going to backstab Bradley. It reaches the point where I'm not sure what her actual motives are.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Look, when you get tired of the spa, the pool, the gym, the restaurant, sunbathing, swimming, jetskiing, Cuban night in the bar, and the luxury villas, sometimes you've just got to make your own entertainment.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Profanity posted:

The nerds over at HitmanForum have roughly worked out from preview footage that while Dubai may only have 3 guided opportunities, it seems to have enough unguided ones of the same complexity/quality that it's in line with a normal H2 map.

However the trophies just leaked and the final map seems to only have 5 Mastery Levels.

Berlin: "Apex Predator"
Chongquing: "End Of An Era"
Mendoza: "The Farewell"
Carpathian Mountains: "Untouchable"

That's all kind of on the nose, isn't it? Looking at some of those other trophies, I guess this really is meant to be a finale for the whole franchise.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 11, 2021

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

timp posted:

I picked up HM1 for free on EGS last year, and a very generous and kind-hearted goon gifted me HM2 after seeing me post about how much I wanted to play it in another thread. Just wanted to join the conversation here and say that I love these games! I'm probably only about 1/3 of the way through the HM2 locations at this point, and then I'm sure I'll go back through and replay them all a few times like I did the HM1 levels.

All the HM3 stuff we've seen so far looks like more of the same which is 1000% okay with me; if it ain't broke, don't fix it! I will also opt to stay away from those spoiler bars for now, as I love being surprised by just being dropped into each level as blind as possible.

So...does anyone else now look at some places and/or events and think to themselves "man this would make a great Hitman level" No? Just me? :v:

Well I for one am insanely jealous of this. Enjoy!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

AceOfFlames posted:

Carpathian Mountains: "Untouchable"

You are like the buzzing of flies to him!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

timp posted:

Before H3 news started dropping a good 20% of the posts ITT were just people saying "you know X would be a cool level" lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If you saw a public event as crowded as a Hitman level nowadays you'd probably be more concerned about the lack of social distancing than anything.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Mantis42 posted:

If you saw a public event as crowded as a Hitman level nowadays you'd probably be more concerned about the lack of social distancing than anything.

Due to the limited variation in faces, clothes, voices, gaits, and behaviours, I would be comforted with the knowledge that they were all just actor clones produced to make things like look they did in the good old days.

You can now hear the lady from Miami saying "Oh my gawwwwd!" in your head.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wonder if levels in Hitman 3 are no longer seperate installs (so that they can share data between them properly and reduce the overall file size.)

Veotax
May 16, 2006

It sounds like the full install is the same size or smaller than Hitman 2 with everything installed, so I'm assuming not every level is broken out and there are less duplicated assets.
I would assume that 1 & 2 are treated as DLC though, so you don't download it all if you only have 3.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Looks like they increased Whittleton Creek mastery to level 20 according to that trophy list.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hedgehog Pie posted:

You can now hear the lady from Miami saying "Oh my gawwwwd!" in your head.

I WISH I had that jaw

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Veotax posted:

It sounds like the full install is the same size or smaller than Hitman 2 with everything installed, so I'm assuming not every level is broken out and there are less duplicated assets.
I would assume that 1 & 2 are treated as DLC though, so you don't download it all if you only have 3.

Not downloading 1 & 2 is not an option.

...because these games are too good to miss out on.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Strategic Tea posted:

I WISH I had that jaw

Stawwwp, you look FINE.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I'm trying to pre-order (for once) and I'm not used to EGS. It keeps saying I lack a prerequisite to buy when I'm on the payment page, but I have a PayPal account linked. :confused:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Veotax posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-hitman-3s-devs-shrank-the-entire-trilogys-install-size-by-over-80gb/

They're now saying Hitman 3 with all the H1/H2 legacy content installed is only 60-70GB (presumably depending on platform)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
According to one video, the camera works in the H1/H2 levels and while it doesn't have any specific gameplay effects, there will be "photography challenges" for the old maps. Probably to take pictures of certain things or targets or whatever.