Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Metapod posted:

I hope the chiefs destroy the ravens soul

They might!! But I just hope we at least stick to our game against them like we did in 2018 where we almost beat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jivesauce
Nov 22, 2007

Athanatos posted:

I just did a twitter search and "Untapped Potential" and "Eason to backup XXX next season!" is a lot of Eason results.

Where XXX is Dak, or Rivers, or Stafford, or Wentz.

I think Colts fans have a certain feeling about all QBs they draft.

Oh yeah I didn't mean it to come across like I didn't believe you, I was just saying I don't totally understand the sentiment.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Ravens disrespected my titans flaming thumbtack

May the gods gently caress them up

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS BAL@TEN 2020 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LAMAR JACKSON. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME TITANS BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP THROWS. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE TENNESSEE’S MOST UGLY STADIUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY AFCS THREAD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN AFCN THREAD CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE PLAYS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY PIG LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I LIFT

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
lmao welcome to the loving couch idiots

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Jivesauce posted:

Oh yeah I didn't mean it to come across like I didn't believe you, I was just saying I don't totally understand the sentiment.

Yeah, I also don't understand it

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Yeah definitely disappointed in the choice to punt there. Kalif raymond definitely sealed his fate on that INT, that was absolutely a catch if he doesn’t slip like that.

Overall it’s a letdown given how good our offense was all year BUT with how bad our defense was I certainly was not expecting a deep playoff run. We need a real DC badly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Oberst posted:

Tannehill can't throw

That's a lie. He hit Marcus Peters right in the numbers.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Is the AFC South worst than the NFC East? Tune in next time when we deliver the HOT, HOT, HOT answer to this spicy question!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

the AFCS is ok because of old AFC Central stuff and i carry colts hate from manning ending many baltimore seasons

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Yeah definitely disappointed in the choice to punt there. Kalif raymond definitely sealed his fate on that INT, that was absolutely a catch if he doesn’t slip like that.

Overall it’s a letdown given how good our offense was all year BUT with how bad our defense was I certainly was not expecting a deep playoff run. We need a real DC badly.

Ravens bitch

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

lmao welcome to the loving couch idiots

Mods, please rename thread to "Official Offseason Zone."

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Came here cause I heard the children of destiny, the Titans, lost and the AFC South continues to not have a uper dowl

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eason could be good, he could be bad

He's also currently the only QB under contract and will be on the team next year, probably backing up Rivers or another FA QB.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

fast cars loose anus posted:

I don't think the general population of Texans/Houston fans will ever hate anyone as much as Bud Adams presuming whoever owns the Texans keeps them here

Bud Adams was arguably a better owner while he did have the team in town though, depending on your stance on the Oilers' two AFL titles

Bud is also the reason the exploding scoreboard was removed

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

What is the cost of jettisoning Brissett?

We got some Patriots knowledge but the Patriots aren't really a threat for now, and he's only in on plays that are QB draws that nobody falls for. Are we hanging onto him for when Rivers bails?

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Hazo posted:

We got some Patriots knowledge but the Patriots aren't really a threat for now, and he's only in on plays that are QB draws that nobody falls for. Are we hanging onto him for when Rivers bails?

he is a free agent. The cost is 0.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Intruder posted:

Bud is also the reason the exploding scoreboard was removed

how could I forget this betrayal

so yeah the McNairs are bad, but.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Hazo posted:

My happiness

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Colts fans expect every QB on the team to be Peyton Manning.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

Winning half their championships on another team?

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Elephanthead posted:

I think people are just excited for the next thing to replace Andrew Luck.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Speaking of which, whose gimmick was Plafop and his whole "The Colts deserve Luck for the horrible QB play they've just experienced" schtick after the one year of Peyton being injured

Which one of you was it

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Intruder posted:

Speaking of which, whose gimmick was Plafop and his whole "The Colts deserve Luck for the horrible QB play they've just experienced" schtick after the one year of Peyton being injured

Which one of you was it

Did you ever watch Curtis Painter play football?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Intruder posted:

Which one of you was it

No matches

was it you :tinfoil:

EvilBeard posted:

Did you ever watch Curtis Painter play football?

Had to bench Kerry Collins because he was too good and going to win a game and gently caress up Suck for Luck :tinfoil:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Athanatos posted:

Had to bench Kerry Collins because he was too good and going to win a game and gently caress up Suck for Luck :tinfoil:

Collins was loving awful and nearly dead.. Painter was bad. Orlovsky was semi-competent and nearly won too many games.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Intruder posted:

Which one of you was it

I’m furious that I was beaten to the Painter/Collins/Orlovsky jokes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Orlovsky did in fact play for the Texans

well he was on the roster anyway

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

jags if you start winning games i'll let you guys back into the afc central

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

The Jags and Titans must be in the same division forever so the year we beat them three times can be brought up over and over again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Sour Diesel posted:

jags if you start winning games i'll let you guys back into the afc central

For one season they need to bring back those old divisions. Move Houston to AFC West to replace Seattle. And get back the old AFC Central with Browns, Ravens, Jaguars, Steelers, Titans, Bengals. 10 division games. Colts back in AFC East.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
don't do that

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

For one season they need to bring back those old divisions. Move Houston to AFC West to replace Seattle. And get back the old AFC Central with Browns, Ravens, Jaguars, Steelers, Titans, Bengals. 10 division games. Colts back in AFC East.
hell yeah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

The Jags and Titans must be in the same division forever so the year we beat them three times can be brought up over and over again.

If those weren't the only losses the Jags had that season it wouldn't be nearly as funny

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

gently caress the jaguars

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Sour Diesel posted:

gently caress the jaguars
agreed

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Whether he ends up winning it eventually or not he's my guy and I love watching him.

it's a lot more loving fun than watching flacco, that is for sure. love you flacco but you play football like a loving rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
mike vrabel is a coward