Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

gently caress no, not when it comes to how extraordinarily lovely American cops are. Grats to dude for not shooting people, I guess.

you just keep fighting that good fight then

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

SOMEONE TELL JCARVER

Re: cops, the dude did his job. we shouldn't lionize an american cop for doing their job. That's literally what they're there for, and we got lucky this time it was at a critical moment versus all the other times they decide 'too hard' and abuse their power.

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 11, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Decision confirmed!

https://twitter.com/BFQuinn/status/1348468148509569024

He's even toxic to golfers now.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

gently caress no, not when it comes to how extraordinarily lovely American cops are. Grats to dude for not shooting people, I guess.

Not like american soldiers, the best in the biz :cool:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Oh, Dolly's got to go on.

I feel like Bob Ross qualifies as well. Replace Joe with Bob and Dolly.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Alright now Trump's finally crossed the line, impeach

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1348415908788764673

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Is this the fastest someone has gone outright radioactive? I don’t recall it going this fast for anyone else, even actual child molesters.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Sorry to gum up the thread with someone I know and turned in. Looks like my fellow officer was arrested. The thread is for those arrested/charged, but she isn’t strictly listed as either.

https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/status/1348462481224519682?s=20

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

you just keep fighting that good fight then

And you enjoy licking that boot.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grip it and rip it posted:

Not like american soldiers, the best in the biz :cool:

You know me, constantly taking about how great the US military is

gently caress off

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Alright now Trump's finally crossed the line, impeach

https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1348415908788764673

Which states does this piss off exactly? As someone who lives in Atlanta, I only watch non-sportsball sports.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

Which states does this piss off exactly? As someone who lives in Atlanta, I only watch non-sportsball sports.

Anyone not from MA or RI really. NE is basically the Cowboys and Bulls of the 90s where everyone pretty much hates them except for bandwagoners and the small few that are actually from the area.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Sorry to gum up the thread with someone I know and turned in. Looks like my fellow officer was arrested. The thread is for those arrested/charged, but she isn’t strictly listed as either.

So she either lied about her leave address or her leadership knew she was going to DC and didn't know or didn't care about what she was doing

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/elisegaro/status/1348475544191590403?s=21

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Hmmm yes, all the hallmarks of a complex ambush by insurgents against local leadership.

IEDs as bait
Heavily armed/disguised in crowd
Dispersing back to whatever hellscape they came from

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
You guys remember that scene in Blade Runner where Roy crushes Tyrell's head?

I sometimes wish I could do that.

To my own head.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

maffew buildings posted:

Re: cops, the dude did his job. we shouldn't lionize an american cop for doing their job. That's literally what they're there for, and we got lucky this time it was at a critical moment versus all the other times they decide 'too hard' and abuse their power.
I know folks 'round here absolutely hate the suggestion that good left-wing folks should join police forces to try to affect positive change, so how about this framing: the left needs to "infiltrate" like the far right is doing right now, such that when one of the fascists finally makes their move at a critical moment to advance the overthrow of democracy, there's someone there to stop them. Otherwise we increasingly cede the state's institutions of coercive force to those who would levy it against us much more explicitly than is done now.

If a different officer had stood in that doorway, they might have led the insurgents exactly where they'd have done the most harm. If a different officer had ushered VIPs out of the chamber, they might have been delivered straight into the arms of the mob. We desperately need to ensure that good people who would fight for democracy and uphold justice are the ones in these positions. It's far better to thwart such a move before it succeeds than to have to reactively rally against it in the aftermath.

This doesn't at all mean all the external efforts being made to force change on law enforcement need to end or even receive less focus! We can walk and chew gum at the same time!

In case it needs to be reiterated, I'll emphasize that I'm using "infiltrate" in a non-literal way, purely to artistically reframe the idea of the left pursuing positive outcomes from within.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 11, 2021

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

McNally posted:

You guys remember that scene in Blade Runner where Roy crushes Tyrell's head?

I sometimes wish I could do that.

To my own head.

I screwed up a QuickTime event in a Batman telltale game and got my head crushed, if that helps.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cugel the Clever posted:

We can walk and chew gum at the same time!

We really can't. :(

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

NC NG? Because that wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

e: how does one report to army CI? Is there an easy method akin to tips.fbi.gov? Because I’ve used that a fair bit these last few days :smith:

1-800-Call-Spy

Seriously.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Cugel the Clever posted:

I know folks 'round here absolutely hate the suggestion that good left-wing folks should join police forces to try to affect positive change, so how about this framing: the left needs to "infiltrate" like the far right is doing right now, such that when one of the fascists finally makes their move at a critical moment to advance the overthrow of democracy, there's someone there to stop them. Otherwise we increasingly cede the state's institutions of coercive force to those who would levy it against us much more explicitly than is done now.

If a different officer had stood in that doorway, they might have led the insurgents exactly where they'd have done the most harm. If a different officer had ushered VIPs out of the chamber, they might have been delivered straight into the arms of the mob. We desperately need to ensure that good people who would fight for democracy and uphold justice are the ones in these positions. It's far better to thwart such a move before it succeeds than to have to reactively rally against it in the aftermath.

This doesn't at all mean all the external efforts being made to force change on law enforcement need to end or even receive less focus! We can walk and chew gum at the same time!

In case it needs to be reiterated, I'll emphasize that I'm using "infiltrate" in a non-literal way, purely to artistically reframe the idea of the left pursuing positive outcomes from within.

I honestly don't think you can, there is a way to fix it which we partially did in Britain in the mid 90s but kinda hosed up (because we didn't hit the big nasty force in London) - you early retire almost everyone.

It was loving weird, when I was 15, 16, I was terrified to be near any copper, because realistically I'd have read a news story about them throwing a black kid like me down the stairs the day before. All of a making GBS threads sudden all the cops you'd see around went from like 50 years old, to 20, after Labour got into government, no where near as scary. The big old bastards that you knew would kick your mum in the face just vanished.

It didn't fix poo poo 100%, lets call it 50%, but man it made me feel a whole lot better.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Until today, I thought Sicknick was hit by a thrown object, specifically a fire extinguisher.

But they loving yanked him from the entrance, dragged him down the stairs and then beat his motionless body with flagpoles and lead pipes, what in the entire gently caress?

:catstare:

The media has done an exceedingly poor job of conveying just how violent this loving fascists are and I suspect it's intentional

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

It was loving weird, when I was 15, 16, I was terrified to be near any copper, because realistically I'd have read a news story about them throwing a black kid like me down the stairs the day before. All of a making GBS threads sudden all the cops you'd see around went from like 50 years old, to 20, after Labour got into government, no where near as scary. The big old bastards that you knew would kick your mum in the face just vanished.

It didn't fix poo poo 100%, lets call it 50%, but man it made me feel a whole lot better.

So you got a bunch of Angels?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lqd-UwZmJ4&t=63s

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

This'll sound trite, but I've had a lot of domestic violence in my life, and yes. Slight problem, I've got a feeling that the only way to keep a policing force like this in a steady state is to do the early retirement thing about every 2 decades or so.

Also, the MET here is like the LAPD, I have zero loving idea how you deal with that, I'm 40, and still to this day if I'm ever in London I still will walk down a different road or hide if I see one because those mofos get away with outright murder and nothing ever happens.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Icon Of Sin posted:

Is this the fastest someone has gone outright radioactive? I don’t recall it going this fast for anyone else, even actual child molesters.

Hey guess what he likely is

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I wasn't sure what thread to ask in but is there a firefighting thread here? I'm currently an RN and they're having the biggest firefighting hiring process in over decade here. I've always wanted to do this job and will be able to do both now that I'm leaving the ICU for an 8-5 private clinic.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I don't see insurrection on the list of this article she wrote:

https://sofrep.com/news/dos-and-donts-for-being-a-republican-or-democrat-in-the-military/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This seems like the person who was in charge of sexual assault awareness in the military, sexually assaulting people.

I’m not nuts, that did happen, didn’t it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

MazelTovCocktail posted:

This seems like the person who was in charge of sexual assault awareness in the military, sexually assaulting people.

I’m not nuts, that did happen, didn’t it?

At the very least, I recall this exact thing happening - albeit on a lower level - in the Carrier PBS series, where the rising star PO (or CPO) in charge of the SAVI counseling sexually assaults some lower-enlisted crew member, who is then pressured to say that it definitely wasn't rape because that would "ruin a good man's career".

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Cugel the Clever posted:

I Just can't think of any

reason why anyone wouldn't want to join the police

So either you stay mum and complicit in poo poo and are thus a bastard until you get enough friends to change the system, or you're a whistle blower and get merked or retired.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

I wasn't sure what thread to ask in but is there a firefighting thread here? I'm currently an RN and they're having the biggest firefighting hiring process in over decade here. I've always wanted to do this job and will be able to do both now that I'm leaving the ICU for an 8-5 private clinic.

There is such a thread, but its latest incarnation moves pretty slowly:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944835

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Arc Light posted:

There is such a thread, but its latest incarnation moves pretty slowly:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944835

Sincere thanks, appreciate it!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Not even a mud scow? Like, for swamp draining? C'mon, give the poor old man a chance for legacy.

I think this is the proper thread for this picture.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Defenestrategy posted:

So either you stay mum and complicit in poo poo and are thus a bastard until you get enough friends to change the system, or you're a whistle blower and get merked or retired.
Yup, it sucks poo poo, but we need to do everything we can to make drat sure that, the next time someone has to bait a violent fascist mob away from our elected representatives, the boot on the ground doesn't instead hand them up on a silver platter.

What's the alternative?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

its cool that my dogshit boomer family that hasn't stopped having vacations is higher on the priority list for the vaccine than me.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

you can't change the entire law enforcement system in this country as a single beat cop. if Biden fired literally every single cop I'd join,

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:stare:

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1348499491129761793?s=21

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Found the hottest take on Facebook from some kid I met while in the US, that decided to come out as a full Trump supporter just before the election.

Key points he chose to advertise over the past three months:
- systemic racism doesn't exist
- BLM is for-profit
- there is definitely a history of voter fraud in the US
- news networks don't decide elections and it's always been this way
- the allegations of voter fraud in the 2020 election are valid and need to be adjudicated by the courts
*cases get thrown out*
- this wasn't about voter fraud, this was about due process and the allegations of "irregularities" are valid and need to be adjudicated by the courts
*cases get thrown out*
- the election isn't over until the states certify the votes and it's always been this way
*states certify the votes*
- the election isn't over until congress certifies the electoral votes and it's always been this way
*congress certifies votes after an attempted coup*
- BLM protesters are no different from the capitol protesters

And now, this:

I think he's on some kind of a race to the bottom or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yes I too believe that a person shot storming the seat of national government is exactly the same as a dude whose neck got knelt on for NINE loving MINUTES

This guy trying out for ringling or something?