Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Asimo posted:

Potions are cheap as hell, you may as well use them on anything even vaguely troublesome. I mean it's what they're there for.

Oceanid still loving sucks though, and I say that even while relatively trivializing it with Klee/Chongyun/Fischl/whatever.

They would help more if Oceanid didn't waste so much time that my buffs run out 2/3 of the way through the fight :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Asimo posted:

Potions are cheap as hell, you may as well use them on anything even vaguely troublesome. I mean it's what they're there for.

Oceanid still loving sucks though, and I say that even while relatively trivializing it with Klee/Chongyun/Fischl/whatever.

Also, don't forget your food. It can help even out some holes in your leveling or just make things faster.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sirbloody posted:

Trying to think of a 2nd core team for Abyss. Currently, my "main" team is Chidle, Fisch, Sucrose, and Bennett. Since Childe is C1 with a Skyward harp I just got the mats to push him to 80 but I have a good stockpile of weapons 4 * weapons and 1 Amos bow, level mats, and ascension materials so I should be able to boost whoever I need to at least 70/60.

At the moment I am leaning towards a Diluc / Chong but unsure about the other 2 slots.

You have a lot of options. Diluc+Xingqiu would work out better for you imo, Xingqiu is much easier to use with Diluc. Bennett is the character that really enables Chong because he can apply strong pyro with his Q that lets you triple melt Chongyun's Q.

Really will depend on what floor you're on though. Keep in mind Ninguang and Zhong Li will be OP af on floor 12 so you may want to lean into them somewhat.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 12, 2021

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just got a prototype bow from Stormterror. I am pretty sure this is my first once since October. I don't have a use for it, but I guess they do still exist.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 12, 2021

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

For whatever reason I have much better luck getting prototype drops from Childe than the other bosses. Pretty sure he's given me more since his release than the other two put together since launch.

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Pain of Mind posted:

The worst part of Oceanid is how much time it wastes floating around killing platforms when that does not even seem to affect the fight at all. It feels like a mechanic they left in from something else because they already programmed it. "Oh no, that platform way over there is gone, I guess I need to beat up crabs on this platform now, vs the identical one that sunk". It is the most difficult miniboss, but that is more an indictment of the other bosses that are easier than a random hilichurl camp. You pretty much need to try to take damage from the electro or air cube once you learn their pattern.

I recommend making the dead time work in your favor. Bring a Barbara or a Qiqi, and suddenly all the dancing around with platforms is enough to heal your team back up from the damage they took. And it's more time for your shields to come off cooldown, too. If the fight went faster, would be more challenging.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
2 Fatui Agents in 30 seconds was a very hard ask to solo, today.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I grabbed today's secret treasure, and I noticed this near it:

A geograna receptacle! ...but I have no idea where any geograna are nearby. It's all plains and huts.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Check the other side of the tree!

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Glazius posted:

I grabbed today's secret treasure, and I noticed this near it:

A geograna receptacle! ...but I have no idea where any geograna are nearby. It's all plains and huts.

Same thing happened to me, turns out it's directly on the other side of the tree like two feet away.

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
That one did take me embarrassingly long to find. I think I had the pin on my map for the receptacle for a couple weeks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I recently used the Geo treasure finder in Liyue and realized I had missed like 4 chests inside the city.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Where's this Abyss Mage thing everyone's been complaining about? I've done all the treasure hunts available.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

if you already did the Stormterror Domain treasure hunt and it didn't appear, you just didn't get it as your randomly spawned co-op(able) event. this was another one i just didn't get despite being very careful to open the spots near the waypoint where it should be.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Cattail Prophet posted:

Check the other side of the tree!

King of Bleh posted:

Same thing happened to me, turns out it's directly on the other side of the tree like two feet away.

Toraen posted:

That one did take me embarrassingly long to find. I think I had the pin on my map for the receptacle for a couple weeks.

Wow, yeah. That little guy was hiding underneath some similarly-colored bushes. Thanks thread!

Let me throw on something I found while trying to figure out what the heck was up with this: there are two underwater totems to the north.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqm_Mp4EfZY

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I did the abyss mage thing in like 18 seconds with Fischl and Sucrose. I'm sorry, I am the problem.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
in one week I will be done with all the rep in this game. I need more gliders to grind for :\

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Where's this Abyss Mage thing everyone's been complaining about? I've done all the treasure hunts available.

Every day so far has had a "co-op challenge" in one of the two treasure hunting zones, but it's RNG whether you actually get it or not.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I feel like this is something that the survey will definitely ask about.

If you haven't gotten these, they're not primos or anything, so don't think you're missing out on too much.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Started farming some of the new Hydro/Cryo artifacts.

Is an Energy Regen watch (I think it was a watch) good on Xingqiu (or any other Hydro person for that matter)? I got one with both crit substats (it's the only promising artifact I picked up from my 3 condensed resin runs today).

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Energy Regen as a main stat is only found on sands/hourglass/watch (slot 3). As for whether it's a good main stat, it really depends on if whether you're having trouble using your burst on cooldown. In Xingqiu's case, his best weapons tend to be ER substat already, so an ER sands is probably overkill.

I usually shy away from ER main stat artifacts. But I'm also a fan of Favonius weapons.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, energy regen is the most important stat for Xingqiu. You want it to be as close to 200% as you can get without going over, basically. If you can get that high without the watch, that does free up the hourglass spot for more ATK but that's hard to do without some really optimal substats on your other artifacts.

e: and yeah it also depends on what weapon you're using (if you have a sacrificial sword, staple it to xq's hand, then wrap it around with duct tape because it should never ever come off)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

padijun posted:

in one week I will be done with all the rep in this game. I need more gliders to grind for :\

Hah, same here! I'm gonna miss that extra mora every week though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah 200ish energy regen is huge for him since XQ's burst is absurdly overpowered and you want it online constantly, cooldown permitting.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Tsyni posted:

My experience might be different because I spent the vast majority of my fragile resin on artifacts, and I could have also been lucky, but looking at my 5* goblets I have:

3 Physical (1 on set)
2 Pyro
3 Electro
4 Cryo
6 Hydro (might feed 1-2 into the machine)
4 Anemo
4 Geo

So, literally just one on set, but lots of options. I have 4 stars that on set though. If you need on-set ER or EM then you can compromise and just do an ATK goblet. Maybe the CRIT hats are a big stumbling block for people? Once again, I am likely lucky, but on my main carry I have level 20 artifacts in everything I want, and on my supports it's all level 16, with a few 4*s thrown in. I did save most my fragile resin until AR45, so that could also be a reasonable factor. I didn't do any resin refreshes.

I mostly do artifact domains as well, it's just bad luck. I've got 5* elemental goblets on-set for everything except fire and electro (great when your DPS are Diluc and Keqing, let me tell you), where I only recently even got a single 4* for both. To be honest, I may have mulched one or two really early on before I knew what's what but I'm pretty sure I started saving the +ele goblets before I was even at the point where I'd start feeding four-stars.

Variance :shobon:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just realized I have a 5* heart of depth piece with ER, along with a 4* hydro goblet... I guess I have to use him, huh?

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Ganyu gameplay trailer is out. It's just her murdering Oceanid summons and I can appreciate that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsPtGG9pFfg

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Asia server can now roll for her, she has 100% uptime on her ult lol

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also her charge shot is an aoe that doesn't need to hit the target

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Can't wait to use her as a walking Chongyun DMG buff

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

She looks pretty fun

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She looks way fun and her trial makes her look unbelievably broken.... everything about her looks good in general. Our long geo nightmare may finally be over?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 12, 2021

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They actually buffed her burst so it could have 100 uptime. It wouldn't surprise me if Diona + her is enough constantly uptime.

All we need to know is how quickly it applies cryo, if it's good enough it might replace XQ in some comps like with klee

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They actually buffed her burst so it could have 100 uptime. It wouldn't surprise me if Diona + her is enough constantly uptime.

All we need to know is how quickly it applies cryo, if it's good enough it might replace XQ in some comps like with klee

E cd from 12 s to 10s
Q cost from 80 energy to 60 energy

Charged attack time from 2.6s to 2.1s

On release Q cd from 20s to 15s

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently it's fast enough to keep up with Klee autos so lol

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ibblebibble posted:

:carol: :drat: :carol:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

RIP wetboi

I mean he's still super relevant on shatter comps since with Ganyu it makes high const chong more likely to see play as a secondary carry than what was happening with chong+kaeya. But Klee + Ganyu is much better than Klee + XQ if thats the case because she wants to charge attack and thats a bit harder with XQ.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jan 12, 2021

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

Incredibly glad I didn't break pity on Albedo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tae posted:

E cd from 12 s to 10s
Q cost from 80 energy to 60 energy

Charged attack time from 2.6s to 2.1s

On release Q cd from 20s to 15s
That charged attack time buff is crazy. I'd thought it was faster than I recalled seeing ages back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So basically the power of 5*'s is what weapon type they are

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 12, 2021