Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/StevenTDennis/status/1348820356325396483

edit: found some succ to replace a post I moved to the Trump thread

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Jan 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

PhilippAchtel posted:

Let me reply to this sincerely.

It doesn't matter what a capitalist (or their managers) think in their heart of hearts. Asking whether they are a "good" or "bad" person is beside the point. A capitalist (or manager) who chooses to reduce exploitation of their workers is eventually out-competed by a rival and is soon no longer a capitalist.

The system demands exploitation from top to bottom.

So unironically anyone who has a business, to the extent they employee others for their labor, is forced to maximize exploitation through means both overt and covert.

:hai: this includes worker-owners of cooperatives too

Rosa posted:

The workers forming a co-operative in the field of production are thus faced with the contradictory necessity of governing themselves with the utmost absolutism. They are obliged to take toward themselves the role of capitalist entrepreneur—a contradiction that accounts for the usual failure of production co-operatives which either become pure capitalist enterprises or, if the workers’ interests continue to predominate, end by dissolving.

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 17:48 on Jan 12, 2021

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Let me reply to this sincerely.

It doesn't matter what a capitalist (or their managers) think in their heart of hearts. Asking whether they are a "good" or "bad" person is beside the point. A capitalist (or manager) who chooses to reduce exploitation of their workers is eventually out-competed by a rival and is soon no longer a capitalist.

The system demands exploitation from top to bottom.

So unironically anyone who has a business, to the extent they employee others for their labor, is forced to maximize exploitation through means both overt and covert.

they even use this explanation themselves to justify the exploitation

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

galenanorth posted:

three or four times as much as zero is zero, so he's right, actually

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

perfidious tricks !!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

been a long time since ive thought about tom dasshole

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Mr Hootington posted:

Give it a month and they will be donating again.

its this

the donations are bribes for influence. the republicans still exist and still need to be "influenced"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/cackerman1/status/1348966815976861696

(they're still donating to the democrat party)

The democrats are going to become the party of capitalist/military industrial complex/elite unity lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

loquacius posted:

they even use this explanation themselves to justify the exploitation

Yeah, it's a big lol when a business owner uses literal Marxist analysis to defend themselves.

It's less of an lol when it works and everyone shrugs.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

mila kunis posted:

The democrats are going to become the party of capitalist/military industrial complex/elite unity lol

i got bad news for you about the current condition of things....

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

spacemang_spliff posted:

lmao

https://twitter.com/cackerman1/status/1348966815976861696

(they're still donating to the democrat party)

they will all go straight back once it's deemed safe to do so who cares

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

galenanorth posted:

McConnell gonna run circles around Biden like he did Obama.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

lol at thinking they do this out of some sort of ethical principle

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

man hong kong protestors are being real loving stupid here

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

galenanorth posted:

ah, the perfect counsel: from the guy who quit in a hurry for diddling kids and has an anticorruption rule in his name,

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

RaySmuckles posted:

i got bad news for you about the current condition of things....

they were de facto unified but de jure pretended to split along two mostly identitcal party lines, trump has changed that! one party liberal state like japan with several lost decades and a government whose only real job is to pour trillions into keeping stocks up lets goooo

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Victory Position posted:

ah, the perfect counsel: from the guy who quit in a hurry for diddling kids

what

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lmao anarchists

https://twitter.com/spurtmagoo/status/1348899372310806528

https://twitter.com/schmeltRskeltR/status/1348902950782046208

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Victory Position posted:

ah, the perfect counsel: from the guy who quit in a hurry for diddling kids and has an anticorruption rule in his name,

You're tihnking of Denny Hastert

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

what the hell is the deal with anarchists. anytime i see people saying you should support NATO and american interventions, that there was "nuance" about the bolivian coup, that all radicals should vote for biden, all kinds of bad things but "leftistly" its some idiot identifying as an anarchist

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

There are bastards on both sides, folks, on both sides.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mila kunis posted:

what the hell is the deal with anarchists. anytime i see people saying you should support NATO and american interventions, that there was "nuance" about the bolivian coup, that all radicals should vote for biden, all kinds of bad things but "leftistly" its some idiot identifying as an anarchist

People who want to ostensibly be on the left, but are too afraid to commit to being communists because they don't want to be associated with all of the things that anticommunists smear communists with, flee to other tendencies

Sometimes this just means they're liberals

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

mila kunis posted:

if you're terminally online and have never read a book you're aware, vaguely, of political alignments but are really dumb about them, and anarchists are the nicest-sounding of all the online left personalities you beam directly into your eyeballs for 30 hours a day

they have no idea what anarchism is, of course, and no idea what politics are or what words mean, so they just parrot dumb poo poo they hear from somewhere else and justify it with their chosen aesthetic

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

People who want to ostensibly be on the left, but are too afraid to commit to being communists because they don't want to be associated with all of the things that anticommunists smear communists with, flee to other tendencies

Sometimes this just means they're liberals

be fair, sometimes they're also neurotic messes terrified of everything but especially conflict

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mila kunis posted:

"anarchism" in the US is just basically a vague term for the dominant culturally acceptable strains of socdem to demsoc leftism, with the overall tenancy to build everything around a vague horizontal hierarchy without acknowledging the necessity of wielding power to enforce rules in some way, thus resulting in them being really loud online while creating and occupying spaces until the liberal establishment is ready to take them from them

it's more or less the natural result of anybody being free to call themselves libertarian leaning because it poses no real threat meaning it's a useless big tent of well meaning people who nonetheless insist on common ground they cannot find and are unable to purge the wreckers and libs. There's a reason why historically in the US it's been a whole lot more dangerous to identify as an ML or Maoist than as an anarchist

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Ytlaya posted:

Imagine that you're upper-middle class and think that a big part of the problem is that poor people just don't have enough self-control to save as much as they should.

i don't have to imagine, it's an extremely commonly held lovely view that the poors Just Need To Save ie do more with less

i would blame boomers but i've heard it from plenty of millennials too

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

anarchism is the liberal mindset of "what if we got rid of all the bad things, then everything would be good, right?" taking to the extreme.

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

I wonder how many anarchists realize that Anarchy In The UK is making fun of them.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Dalael posted:

So you are unironically stating, that anyone who has a business, is a bad person?

bro...

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

more lmaos

https://twitter.com/MrSadGoat1/status/1348986006486339584

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A lot of these people would be much happier as MLs if only it was possible to be exposed to such ideas without actively seeking them out

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Epic High Five posted:

"anarchism" in the US is just basically a vague term for the dominant culturally acceptable strains of socdem to demsoc leftism

yeah I don't know much about anarchism tbh but this is kind of how I see it (I just know that roses and black flags are good accounts to find succ).

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

"anarchism" in the US is just basically a vague term for the dominant culturally acceptable strains of socdem to demsoc leftism, with the overall tenancy to build everything around a vague horizontal hierarchy without acknowledging the necessity of wielding power to enforce rules in some way, thus resulting in them being really loud online while creating and occupying spaces until the liberal establishment is ready to take them from them

it's more or less the natural result of anybody being free to call themselves libertarian leaning because it poses no real threat meaning it's a useless big tent of well meaning people who nonetheless insist on common ground they cannot find and are unable to purge the wreckers and libs. There's a reason why historically in the US it's been a whole lot more dangerous to identify as an ML or Maoist than as an anarchist

tbf old-school anarchists (i.e. not today's terminally online "anarchists") were a significant force in the united states but it's been a century since they were effectively ground into dust

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

BRB, I'm gonna go yell at the corner store owner and his wife who both work 60+ hours a week and tell them they're horrible people because they have an employee and I literally cannot see the difference between them and Jeff Bezoz

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I don't know much about anarchism tbh but this is kind of how I see it (I just know that roses and black flags are good accounts to find succ).

Anarchists are just libertarians who are not attracted to children.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
i think all state power is illegitimate and should never, ever be used for anything because any monopoly of violence can only be used for bad things - unless, of course, i could score sweet internet cred by assisting the state in its efforts to maintain and exercise its monopoly of violence in which case bakunin said to chase that clout above all else

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Dalael posted:

BRB, I'm gonna go yell at the corner store owner and his wife who both work 60+ hours a week and tell them they're horrible people because they have an employee and I literally cannot see the difference between them and Jeff Bezoz

wow dude you’ve got a lot of anger in you maybe chill out and try yelling less?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gently caress the Monopoly of Violence and give me the Settlers of Catan of Violence