Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/kjalee/status/1348024342035259398?s=20
Britane prevails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lmao @ this tweet and the responses

https://twitter.com/barry_halverson/status/1348338837752324096?s=21

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

barbecue at the folks posted:

https://twitter.com/OwenAdamsYT1/status/1348256421331275776

brexit prevails

edit: "Welcome to Brexit, sir. Sorry" lol

To preserve British sovereignty, pastrami is no longer allowed into the UK. Please forfeit your sandwich and choose a replacement of Bovril or potted meat paste.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
can you have quorn ham substitute

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
they are going to push one of those lorry drivers to breaking point one day and he'll shout out the window IT'S ONLY WAFER THIIIIIIIIIIIIIN :mad: as he crashes through their barriers devouring that sandwich

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

"BREXIT isn't real" I mutter to myself as I ram the Tesco with my lorry

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

If you're curious about the Daily Express take on that it's in an article called

Brexit LIVE: EU officials MOCK UK drivers crossing border

very objective

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
true though

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

basically we pulled our own trousers down and are now writing headlines like

unelected european mandarins MOCK our TINY PENIS

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Ł350m of free sph every week for our nhs

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Communist Thoughts posted:

basically we pulled our own trousers down and are now writing headlines like

unelected european mandarins MOCK our TINY PENIS

they said mine was too bendy :qq:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doc Hawkins posted:

hahahaha

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006
brexit isn't real I whimper as I am hounded by the ham confiscator

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Doc Hawkins posted:

Not an issue for me anymore, now that I can no longer order my all-natural herbal boner pills from Slovakia.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Brexit leaves Spain's Costa Brits facing dilemmas

bbc posted:

Meanwhile, Eric Anderson is stuck in the UK. The 71-year-old former shipyard worker from Newcastle is one of thousands of so called "swallows" - people with second homes in Spain who spend winter in the sun and return to Britain in the summer.

Spanish Covid rules preventing non-essential travel mean that Eric can't fly out at the moment. When he can, his time will be limited under the new post-Brexit system.
"I feel badly let down. We paid a mortgage for 20 years to have a holiday home and a retirement bolt-hole for the winter. We're limited to just 90 days now, and that's not just for Spain, but anywhere we go in Europe on holiday. Say we cross from Newcastle to the Netherlands, that's counted.

"So you're already being restricted by time to come back into the UK. There's a lot of average working guys that have done exactly what I've done and it's just not going to be possible now. I don't think anyone expected the rug to be pulled from under them so quickly."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"Brexit was only supposed to negatively impact everyone else! We were supposed to still be allowed to come and go as we pleased!"

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

My Leopard friend, why have you turned on me??

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Incredibly cowardly from this article not to ask and then publish the brexit vote of each person featured.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

gonadic io posted:

Incredibly cowardly from this article not to ask and then publish the brexit vote of each person featured.

I feel like there was some editor there that thought it was too gauche. I hate that guy with all my being.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gonadic io posted:

agree , but we absolutely know who voted which way regardless

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

gonadic io posted:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

gonadic io posted:

neolabour charging as far right as possible telling leftists: what are you going to do throw your vote away? Sure sounds a lot like the US dems to me.

Dang if they were like the democrats they might uh...

win all the elections or something!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

what the gently caress is wrong with your country

how did they determine exactly how much carrot this family should get? did they factor in the shrinking radius as they divided it?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

one (1) potato will surely feed multitudes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That is grim as gently caress.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
apparently, these are meant to cover a week's worth of lunches

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

when the English aren't allowed to heinously starve the rest of the world they can't resist the impulse to starve themsleves lol

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my god that's horrifying

i'm the quarter of an onion

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

THE INFLUENCE OF THE *HAM SANDIWCH RACE* IS WANING.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

people are gonna talk about the mystery of the disappearance of the british like they do mayans

Mysterious Decline of the British
One by one, the Classic cities in the southern lowlands were abandoned, and by A.D. 2035, British civilization in that region had collapsed. ... Finally, some catastrophic environmental change–like an extremely long, intense period of drought–may have wiped out the Classic British civilization.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what if the reason the british were the last government left in children of men is because the rest of the world walled them off instead of the other way around

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

what if the reason the british were the last government left in children of men is because the rest of the world walled them off instead of the other way around

there was a movie with that premise, yeah

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if you have a second house and are considering whining about it in the newspaper, consider giving it to a young poor person

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

i say swears online posted:

oh my god that's horrifying

i'm the quarter of an onion

im the spooned out portions of tuna in the coin bag

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
The D&D thread insists this isn't being deliberately cruel to small children for laughs.

What loving else explains the kind of situation where you repackage pasta? loving pasta?

If they're repackaging pasta that's a clear case of malice. Malicious people love positions of petty power like this.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Should've just sent gruel home in a sock or something

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Fried Watermelon posted:

Should've just sent gruel home in a sock or something

a free sock? that is far too extravagant.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

The D&D thread insists this isn't being deliberately cruel to small children for laughs.

What loving else explains the kind of situation where you repackage pasta? loving pasta?

If they're repackaging pasta that's a clear case of malice. Malicious people love positions of petty power like this.

the cruelty is the point. the system is operating as designed and intended. what you are seeing is a highly refined and efficient way to generate as much as possible from the contract, which is the only goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

bedpan posted:

the cruelty is the point. the system is operating as designed and intended. what you are seeing is a highly refined and efficient way to generate as much as possible from the contract, which is the only goal.

I did use the exact words "the cruelty is the point".

This isn't even generating as much profit as possible because you're repackaging loving pasta.