Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Was or wasn't?

Anyways, Boebert is a Florida native who moved to Aurora with her family when she was in her teens. The district she represents is populated with chuds.
AFAIK Colorado has been trending blue ever since Obama won it in 2008; before that it was a swing state. Colorado Springs is firmly red with strong military presence and the aforementioned Christian fundamentalists. Haven't encountered too many libertarians while living here tho

I was just making a joke about being one of the East coast elitist liberals that the people who voted Boebert in hate to see move to the state precisely because of that shift. We need to convince the next generation to move to some other place to keep pushing other states this direction. Think we can convince twenty-somethings to live in, like, Bozeman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
In lighter news I just saw a license plate "The 5th" on a Honda Element.

The 5th Element :haw:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
which was the better pizza rant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTBFPv1i_T8

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOSow6-cmog

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Anyways, Boebert is a Florida native who moved to Aurora with her family when she was in her teens. The district she represents is populated with chuds.
AFAIK Colorado has been trending blue ever since Obama won it in 2008; before that it was a swing state. Colorado Springs is firmly red with strong military presence and the aforementioned Christian fundamentalists. Haven't encountered too many libertarians while living here tho

Oh yeah totally it’s almost always blue for national elections and initiatives but didn’t they have a GOP gov recently? And senators?

Most of the libertarian stuff is from young dudes in the mountain towns. Public service and hospitality types. Admittedly I had narrow exposure limited to those types bc of my friends and fam living out there so it may not be representative. But the streak was strong.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Oh yeah totally it’s almost always blue for national elections and initiatives but didn’t they have a GOP gov recently? And senators?

Their last republican governor was Bill Owens who lost in the Obama wave.

Republican Corey Gardner just lost reelection. He was a one term nothing of a politician.

They also had Ben "Nighthorse" Campbell, a native american jewelry maker and collegiate judo participant. Just looking it up real fast, his politics were all over the place, and he switched parties once. He's a total chud now though.

So yeah, with the exception of little pockets of rear end, Colorado is gone for the republicans. And if anyone gets expulsed, boebert will be one of them.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork/status/1349351973238284295

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/CleverTitleTK/status/1349100267590066178

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

Their last republican governor was Bill Owens who lost in the Obama wave.

Republican Corey Gardner just lost reelection. He was a one term nothing of a politician.

They also had Ben "Nighthorse" Campbell, a native american jewelry maker and collegiate judo participant. Just looking it up real fast, his politics were all over the place, and he switched parties once. He's a total chud now though.

So yeah, with the exception of little pockets of rear end, Colorado is gone for the republicans. And if anyone gets expulsed, boebert will be one of them.

She was lice Tweeting Nacy Pelosi's location and movements during the riot[. That may catch charges

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Shinji2015 posted:

On one hand, I absolutely don't believe that any Congressperson should be carrying guns into chambers, and that a lot of this is performative bullshit by 2A nutcases, but on the other, I wonder how many started carrying after Wednesday. AOC said that she thought she was going to die, and I'm sure she was far from the only one:

Fair. One of the twitter lawyers has been tweeting ads from Dan Crenshaw and the Marjorie Q lady, and it is pretty shocking how much military/war imagery they use. Specifically how much they point guns then show pictures of the squad.

Intruder posted:

um

e: Panic buttons in offices had been torn out :stare:

This whole thing seems like something that will warrant a special investigation that gets politicized for the next two years.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

as expected, it sounds like the GOP is going to mostly vote no on impeachment because they need those sweet, sweet MAGA votes

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1349366041185542144?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

D-LINK posted:

She was lice Tweeting Nacy Pelosi's location and movements during the riot[. That may catch charges

But but but unity and healing!

She's either really, really dumb or had to know the potential result of what she was doing but I doubt there'll be any consequences just like there weren't any consequences for her refusing to let the capitol police look in her bag or the various other republicans who refused to comply with being wanded or even walking through the metal detector

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ubisoft is making a Star Wars game headed by the people who make the Division.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Intruder posted:

She's either really, really dumb or had to know the potential result of what she was doing but I doubt there'll be any consequences just like there weren't any consequences for her refusing to let the capitol police look in her bag or the various other republicans who refused to comply with being wanded or even walking through the metal detector

Sorry about all of those typos.

Anyway, hard to say. I'm keenly aware that very few consequences have happened up to this point of the MAGA presidency/allies, this just has a whole different feel. Maybe I'll get fooled again, idk.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lmbo

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1349357663407247361?s=19

Yes what possibly could have happened in the last week to change things

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Ubisoft is making a Star Wars game headed by the people who make the Division.

I never played the Division, is this a potentially good thing?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Intruder posted:

I think it's a combo of her being dumb, and also not even thinking of the consequences. I think a lot of the rioters were in the same boat. These are people not used to facing consequences for any action they take. Now they're getting tossed in jail, fired, put on no fly lists, and all of a sudden reality is hitting them in the face. Sure there's some true believers out there, but I think a lot of other people got caught up by Trump's insane rhetoric and didn't spend a minute thinking "storming the capitol building is a really bad idea."

Boebert probably still think she can't face consequences since she's in congress, and I'm really hoping that she does. Things will be a lot different for these people when Trump is out of office and the Democrats can start up huge investigations into the whole ordeal. Of all police agencies, I actually trust the FBI the most to actually track down everyone who was even minutely involved.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

D-LINK posted:

Sorry about all of those typos.

Anyway, hard to say. I'm keenly aware that very few consequences have happened up to this point of the MAGA presidency/allies, this just has a whole different feel. Maybe I'll get fooled again, idk.

I'm as hopeful as you are but I'm very pessimistic about all of it. Even of Trump is convicted, he'll won't serve any time. The people who stormed the capitol will face serious time but any lawmaker who helped plan it or insists on carrying a gun into chambers will get their way

There are four congressmen who supposedly were helping Ali Alexander plan everything and I don't expect any of them to even be so much as censured

e: I'm of two minds when it comes to Trump running again in 2024. If the party would lock him out and he ran third party, it would absolutely destroy the republicans in the election probably including downballot. Which is why I'm afraid they'd just let him be the candidate and potentially win and we're right back where we were only he's going to be a lot angrier and dumber

Intruder fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jan 13, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Intruder posted:

lmbo

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1349357663407247361?s=19

Yes what possibly could have happened in the last week to change things

"This guy has been doing horrendous, illegal, unconstitutional poo poo for YEARS and you guys just enabled him. Why can't you just enable him a little bit more?"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1349371135973072902

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Got my antibody test back and I still somehow have them. Gonna go lick some doorknobs brb

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

I never played the Division, is this a potentially good thing?

They're very competently made open world cover shooters with absurd Clancy worlds that are straight out of a "let's storm the capital building" fever dream.

Going to Star Wars is a massive step up in worldbuilding for them, but they're mostly good at making rifling rounds into dude's heads poking out of cover 50 yards away, which is very much not Star Wars.

Intruder posted:

I'm as hopeful as you are but I'm very pessimistic about all of it. Even of Trump is convicted, he'll won't serve any time. The people who stormed the capitol will face serious time but any lawmaker who helped plan it or insists on carrying a gun into chambers will get their way

There are four congressmen who supposedly were helping Ali Alexander plan everything and I don't expect any of them to even be so much as censured

Pretty much what I expect. I also expect Trump to try a blanket pardon and we get to find out how functional our government is if they will stop him from doing so.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Intruder posted:

e: I'm of two minds when it comes to Trump running again in 2024. If the party would lock him out and he ran third party, it would absolutely destroy the republicans in the election probably including downballot. Which is why I'm afraid they'd just let him be the candidate and potentially win and we're right back where we were only he's going to be a lot angrier and dumber

There's precedent and constitutional support for expelling congress members for sedition

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
This blessed my timeline so I want to share it with you (full image is NSFW):

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1349153124091637764?s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Normal country

https://twitter.com/ESCochrane/status/1349369986624712705

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol literally every vet who sees that picture is just like "yeah seems about right"

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was gonna say hurry up and wait at it's very best

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Nick Jr. Face posted:

iirc isn't that the reason why the Air Force has a high amount of crazy fundie people because of Colorado Springs?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

like, I get the dystopian nature of having troops in the capital, but the manner in which the first photos were captured of it is hilariously accurate and I cannot count the amount of times I basically had to lay on the ground next to my poo poo and wrap my rifle sling around my wrist while I slept, even in training exercises.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

iirc isn't that the reason why the Air Force has a high amount of crazy fundie people because of Colorado Springs?

the air force academy mostly, and the air force officer corp is probably the most ridiculously christian of all the officer corps.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m laughing my rear end at every former soldier being like “yep”

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Eh maybe? It's very typical for Congressional offices to offer guided tours of the Capital building.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/AynRandPaulRyan/status/1349312406804025345

FizFashizzle posted:

I’m laughing my rear end at every former soldier being like “yep”

Extremely same

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

like, I get the dystopian nature of having troops in the capital, but the manner in which the first photos were captured of it is hilariously accurate and I cannot count the amount of times I basically had to lay on the ground next to my poo poo and wrap my rifle sling around my wrist while I slept, even in training exercises.

I'm not military but my first thought was "they've probably slept in worse" when people in the comments were screaming for cots.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Joey Freshwater posted:

Got my antibody test back and I still somehow have them. Gonna go lick some doorknobs brb

Recent research is saying that immunity will likely last years once you’ve been infected with COVID so congrats on being invincible

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's encouraging anecdotal evidence. When did you test positive? I haven't kept up with the chat thread much.

Edit: Sorry, could've done some digging first. That is good news.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I'm not military but my first thought was "they've probably slept in worse" when people in the comments were screaming for cots.

Same.

Well for like 2 seconds I was extremely stupid and thought they were staging a die-in. Then I was like, oh right, they have them straight up sleeping there.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think it's a combo of her being dumb, and also not even thinking of the consequences. I think a lot of the rioters were in the same boat. These are people not used to facing consequences for any action they take. Now they're getting tossed in jail, fired, put on no fly lists, and all of a sudden reality is hitting them in the face. Sure there's some true believers out there, but I think a lot of other people got caught up by Trump's insane rhetoric and didn't spend a minute thinking "storming the capitol building is a really bad idea."

Boebert probably still think she can't face consequences since she's in congress, and I'm really hoping that she does. Things will be a lot different for these people when Trump is out of office and the Democrats can start up huge investigations into the whole ordeal. Of all police agencies, I actually trust the FBI the most to actually track down everyone who was even minutely involved.

Yeah, I really do think four years of Trump doing everything he can to keep people out of the country and talking about very good people on both sides had just cemented the idea that "this is are country, we will be hailed as heroes for doing these things!" into people's minds. Two bits of satire that are bouncing around in my mind about it are the tweet about these people learning why their ancestors wore hoods when doing these things, and people on the no fly list being outraged at being treated like brown people. Seeing the circled people in that capitol tour picture flashing the white power handsign really just cements the fact they see themselves as liberators who will be on the right side of history.

e: So I'm not just saying tweets, here they are:

https://twitter.com/TravisAllen02/status/1349152540768796680

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1348710295267631105

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jan 13, 2021

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

My second Pfizer dose kinda hosed me up. Woke up from dead sleep at like 2am with full body aches, chills. No fever. Had a lot of trouble sleeping. Headache. I'm feeling a little better by now just after the 24hr mark but it felt like a legit flu onset.

It's worth it but woof.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Stared at the photos and even investigated the other pictures before I realize it was because they had to sleep on the floor :laffo:

e: also imagining the conversations they are likely having about call of duty and Russians invading DC

e: F

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Eh maybe? It's very typical for Congressional offices to offer guided tours of the Capital building.

Yeah, but when we did it, we didn't get pics like that. An intern led us around and the congressperson didn't post our pic on Twitter. It seems sus is all I'm saying.