Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Flying Zamboni posted:

Sorry hold on a second are you saying that you lied about being a nurse or something to get the vaccine early?

I think what Goobusters is trying to say is that there is such a large number of vaccines going unused (and in danger of going bad) that they'll vaccinate anyone so long as they show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Flying Zamboni posted:

Sorry hold on a second are you saying that you lied about being a nurse or something to get the vaccine early?

I didn't lie about anything. I just showed up to the clinic and waited in line and filled out a contact registration form and they gave it to me. They're giving it to everyone here.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

JordanKai posted:

I think what Goobusters is trying to say is that there is such a large number of vaccines going unused (and in danger of going bad) that they'll vaccinate anyone so long as they show up.

yeah that's how i read it. i hadn't thought about that. maybe i'll call them and see if they'll take me just to get rid of some supply.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

JordanKai posted:

This has been a problem in a lot of states because they’ll get a lot of doses for nurses/first responders, but not actually coordinate with other locations (like nursing homes or other hospitals) for back up plans in case they have extra doses. They only last for so long and you can’t re-freeze, so they just start giving it to anyone who shows to not waste any

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
One note on the vaccine availability here is that the phone lines are jammed all the time since everyone's trying to find out when the next shipment arrived. I went in person a week before getting it and talked with the folks there to get a more accurate picture. If you do anything online, the info is either outdated or vague on purpose. Calling is the best option, but I experienced long holds.

Also word of mouth, my parents in their group chats have this whole thing where people are finding out and just letting their friends and family know.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I didn't lie about anything. I just showed up to the clinic and waited in line and filled out a contact registration form and they gave it to me. They're giving it to everyone here.

poo poo, my sincere apologies for my terrible reading comprehension and seeing words that aren't actually there.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Flying Zamboni posted:

poo poo, my sincere apologies for my terrible reading comprehension and seeing words that aren't actually there.

You're good! The rollout and information for this vaccine has been such a complete poo poo show so I don't blame you.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bug Squash posted:

They had a moderately sized barge that they sank and measured the amount of suction (negligible), then tried it out in the bay with Adam Savage.

There's also the fact that people have been standing of sinking ships and not gotten sucked down (like the Titanic's cook). It's just an urban myth that feels true. I've also only ever heard it from Americans, so it seems to be your equivalent of fan death.

I never heard this from Americans before I joined SA, only non-americans, so this is wrong.

That methodology seems very bad, too. You can't just extrapolate from a single ship size without taking into account how much more water progressively heavier hulls would displace

And if they get their basic math this wrong, then my only conclusion based on your explanations is that the mythbusters did a bad experiment

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I have no clue when or how I'm gonna get vaccinated here in Québec. Then again I haven't gone out since March.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Libluini posted:

I never heard this from Americans before I joined SA, only non-americans, so this is wrong.

That methodology seems very bad, too. You can't just extrapolate from a single ship size without taking into account how much more water progressively heavier hulls would displace

And if they get their basic math this wrong, then my only conclusion based on your explanations is that the mythbusters did a bad experiment

I mean, aside from the myth busters there's also the fact that it doesn't seem to have ever happened, and loads of occasions where a guy on even large sinking ship floated just fine.

Edit: people getting pulled into cabins and decks that are flooding is real though, and probably how the myth started

Bug Squash fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 14, 2021

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Bug Squash posted:

I mean, aside from the myth busters there's also the fact that it doesn't seem to have ever happened, and loads of occasions where a guy on even large sinking ship floated just fine.

Edit: people getting pulled into cabins and decks that are flooding is real though, and probably how the myth started

Well, the mythbusters could still be right, it's just that their work as shown isn't impressing me! Also with the way large ships often go down, it's probably hard to prove if it's the mass of the ship or some flooding holes in the hull doing the killing. Some warships also go down so fast or so bad (e. g. capsizing) that there are lots of interesting ways to drown beyond simply getting dragged under. :v:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm struggling to think of a time a vaccine rollout has actually gone badly, outside like unavoidable margin of error bad batches. It just seems like a nonsense thing to be afraid of that only idiots and gullible conspiracy weirdos worry about.

I suppose the time they infected black people with anthrax back in the 50s but that seems unlikely with this to say the least.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

got noticed by sempai

https://twitter.com/ContraPoints/status/1349635232929083392

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
More plugs for the plug gods (uhhh): I finished my Doctor Strange writing review, just in time for WandaVision coming out tonight/tomorrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WsrnN-MOgM

This is for you, millions of viewers whose favorite superhero film was Doctor Strange!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s in my top 5 in the MCU at least.

Stoked for Raimi Strange

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Ooh uh then be forewarned I'm not...mega nice...about it :v:

Both reviews so far have been kinda complainy. Next one will probably be more complimentary~

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don’t really watch movie essay content much anyway these days lol. I just don’t really care much.

I’m here for the dramas

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1349831626780516355

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1349843297091477506

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1349844584214323200

Hopefully anyone who made a career out of solely vlogging at Disneyland can pivot to something else. I mean they probably already should have been doing that for the past ten months so this would just be a bigger reason for them to do so.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The only good part of Mr. Strange is how the villain is defeated.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hopefully anyone who made a career out of solely vlogging at Disneyland can pivot to something else.

How come my guidance counselor never told me this was a career option?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Schwarzwald posted:

Probably because you didn’t have rich parents

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wasnt there a dude named SomeJerkWithACamera that made reviews on theme parks? How's he doing?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hopefully anyone who made a career out of solely vlogging at Disneyland can pivot to something else. I mean they probably already should have been doing that for the past ten months so this would just be a bigger reason for them to do so.

Nah they still did daily vlogs lmao

I do find them useful if I’m planning a trip though. Tim tracker def showed me some great trip secrets of how to do things like Horror nights correctly (which has the longest line ect)

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

congrats. nice vid btw

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Schwarzwald posted:

If other people have to accept that things like playing video games for the internet is a viable career than we also have to accept that going to the same theme park at least once a week if not more to see what the difference is between a churro that has green poo poo sprinkled on it and a churro that's got some purple poo poo sprinkled on it is just as viable a career. They were the infinity churros you see.

I mean now it might not be financially feasible for them to keep doing it unless they're able to like, write off those daily tickets as a business expense on their taxes maybe.

Some might also just refuse to even accept that the annual passes are going away.

https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/1349839197813657602

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

I'm struggling to think of a time a vaccine rollout has actually gone badly, outside like unavoidable margin of error bad batches. It just seems like a nonsense thing to be afraid of that only idiots and gullible conspiracy weirdos worry about.

I suppose the time they infected black people with anthrax back in the 50s but that seems unlikely with this to say the least.
Didn't a bunch of the AIDS medications they rushed through approval turn out to be poison or placebos? Or was that just the poo poo that was smuggled in when they were refusing to wokr on testing any AIDS medication?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Some might also just refuse to even accept that the annual passes are going away.

https://twitter.com/rocco_botte/status/1349839197813657602

i don't think you know who that person is

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Does anyone know of a good video essay or breakdown of the cult classic game vampire the masquerade bloodlines? Basically looking for something as close to hbomberguy's pathologic video as possible, but like, about this other specific game

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

The REAL Goobusters posted:

First of all just wanted to post LMFAO at this post. Thank you it was a very funny.

And to the bolded, unless you’re like in New York or some state that is extremely strict, it is very easy to get the vaccine. I got it last week and all I had to was just line and they stopped giving a gently caress about any sort of qualifications. They just want to give it to people.

Well the way the news made it sound like they were having distribution problems everywhere, and weren't able to distribute it as quickly as they were hoping. I haven't heard anything about it being available to the general public yet here in Washington as of yet. Maybe it is, but I, nor anyone I live with has received anything from our health care providers about where to go to get it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

flatluigi posted:

care to explain for the 99% of us who aren't experts on vloggers who exclusively cover Disneyland

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dabir posted:

care to explain for the 99% of us who aren't experts on vloggers who exclusively cover Disneyland

It's loving Rocco from Mega64, dude

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He was even mentioned not long ago in this thread for his funny parody of Linkara's Power Rangers videos.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Violet_Sky posted:

Wasnt there a dude named SomeJerkWithACamera that made reviews on theme parks? How's he doing?

He routinely embarrasses himself on twitter by dying on the glorious hill that is defending Movie Bob's worst takes. Seriously. He even quote tweeted a goon friend of mine (Chitoryu12) multiple times after Chit made fun of Movie Bob. Tony kept pathetically trying and failing to own him lol. Then Chit said Tony looked like a “sleep paralysis demon played by Ron Jeremy" in which case Tony Goldmark started accusing Chit of "harassment!!1!":qq: even tho Tony was the one who was quote tweeting chit to all of his followers (which is not a responsible thing to do when you have a huge fan base/tons of followers)

In conclusion, gently caress him imo

Jamie Faith fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 15, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rocco will get into disneyland every day by claiming garrett is an imagineer

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

He routinely embarrasses himself on twitter by dying on the glorious hill that is defending Movie Bob's worst takes. Seriously. He even quote tweeted a goon friend of mine (Chitoryu12) multi times after Chit made fun of Movie Bob. Tony kept pathetically trying and failing to own him lol. Then Chit said Tony looked like a “sleep paralysis demon played by Ron Jeremy" in which case Tony Goldmark started accusing Chit of "harassment!!1!":qq: even tho Tony was the one who was quote tweeting chit to all of his followers (which is not a responsible thing to do when you have a huge fan base/tons of followers)

In conclusion, gently caress him imo
Wasn't he also the one demanding people apologize to Doug for being too mean about Change the Channel stuff?

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

ninjewtsu posted:

Does anyone know of a good video essay or breakdown of the cult classic game vampire the masquerade bloodlines? Basically looking for something as close to hbomberguy's pathologic video as possible, but like, about this other specific game

I think Hbomberguy plans on doing a video on VtM:BL. Specifically as a response to Noah Gervais's video on it. Don't know if that's still in the works tho.

Also, Mega 64 and Rocco, in particular, are the best. Who doesn't know about the mega64 boys???

Their gaming in public vids? Flame war theater? DBZ in 5 minutes? Its some of the funniest poo poo online

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

flatluigi posted:

Nothing will stop him from getting into Disneyland to acquire their exclusive merchandise.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
also to be clear i've never watched a single disneyland vlogger in my life. i barely even watched any mega64 either but i still recognized the dude

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Terrible Opinions posted:

Wasn't he also the one demanding people apologize to Doug for being too mean about Change the Channel stuff?

Yup! He said the Change the Channel people were just ungrateful. Then after Doug canceled the 10th anniversary movie, which really disappointed Tony because he claims he was going to have a huge part in it (probably because he was one of the only people left at CA at that point lol), he switched sides and left CA. He also apologized to Allison, publically on Twitter. Which I thought was nice of him at the time, but now it looks like he just kisses up to anyone he thinks can give him E fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Joeseph Anderson just started streaming a blind playthrough of VtMB a few days ago and its been pretty enjoyable so far, interesting to watch somebody play through all the jank without nostalgia tinted glasses.