Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Don't forget A Scanner Darkly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bliFkRnN6e4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1349472692173463552?s=20

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I feel attacked.

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Alex from Minion Death Cult did a live read of some excerpts a few months ago. It was probably contracted out on fiver to someone who lives outside of the US and only knows about America from TV and movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gi3Gng1YyOg

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the United States has had five impeachments, as of today. Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and then Donald Trump twice

jjack229
Feb 14, 2008
Articulate your needs. I'm here to listen.

gradenko_2000 posted:

the United States has had five impeachments, as of today. Andrew Johnson, Richard Nixon, Bill Clinton, and then Donald Trump twice

I didn't realize Nixon was impeached, seems that is a common misunderstanding based on a quick Internet search

internet posted:

Most people hold that since former President Richard M. Nixon resigned from office as president before the full House of Representatives could vote on the articles of impeachment, he therefore was not impeached. But they omit the House vote 12 days after he resigned.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

jjack229 posted:

I didn't realize Nixon was impeached, seems that is a common misunderstanding based on a quick Internet search

It was my understanding that Nixon was impeached by the House, but not convicted by the Senate (because he resigned before the Senate vote, because Goldwater told him that the Senate was ready to convict). It's that narrow "impeached by the House, not convicted by the Senate" distinction that applies to every other impeachment anyway.

It's genuinely new information to me that he resigned even before the House voted on impeachment, but that the House voted to impeach even after he had resigned anyway.

That's all the more interesting because impeachment proceeding against a President that isn't the President anymore is what's going to happen with the Senate regarding Trump.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

jjack229 posted:

Why did they bother with that?

Square Peg
Nov 11, 2008

Gripweed posted:

Why did they bother with that?

Same reason they're doing this one, dumb patent and "legacy"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Slammy posted:

Dinky Fellas (April 5, 1965)

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

This is a pretty cool twitter thread and pretty harrowing.

Edit:

https://twitter.com/TheNewEuropean/status/1349756919137914885?s=19

Those happy fishes.

Oscar Wild has issued a correction as of 18:15 on Jan 14, 2021

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he'd know what fish think. innsmouth looking motherfucker.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
how many levels of brainworms are you on?

you are like a little baby

watch this

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

From the Epstein thread:

gradenko_2000 posted:

so up until this point the story seems kind of "standard": alt-right guy claims to be a BLM activist, CNN brings him on because they're stupid, which lends credibility to alt-right claims that BLM is bad

and then it takes another turn

Here's links to the original thread by Blumenthal, his article on The Grayzone, and that branch-off thread that talks about John Sullivan

The connection to Thor Halvorssen is what caught my eye, because through Halvorssen runs a direct familial connection to Leopoldo Lopez, the Venezuelan "opposition leader" that the US was backing before Juan Guaido.

Further, Blumenthal mentions the "Oslo Freedom Forum", but that's just a conference that's run by the larger organization that's the Human Rights Foundation (of which Halvorssen is the founder).

The other founder of the HRF? Srdja Popovic, who was the head of Otpor, the Serbian youth organization that was at the tip of the NATO-backed spear that brought down Slobodan Milosevic. This was the organization and the political strategy that the West weaponized into "Color Revolutions" all across the globe, with Otpor turning into CANVAS (the Centre for Applied Nonviolent Action and Strategies) and the HRF.

And the other intersection here is Jhanisse Daza, the "environmental activist" that was involved in the Bolivian coup that overthrew Evo Morales (and longtime readers of the thread will also note that Daza was a huge fan of Jared Leto, who has his own share of intelligence ties).

So what we have here is the adoptive son of an Air Force Major sabotaging black activists, and then escalating into participation in a right-wing insurrection, while being filmed as part of a project that's backed by people involved in US regime change operations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nope, not going into that rabbit hole.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

but do you understand it? do you believe it?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

I would like to know more

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

BONGHITZ posted:

but do you understand it? do you believe it?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Laterite posted:

:eyepop:

From the Epstein thread:

big yikes

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://twitter.com/AnarchoBreadism/status/1349839849470259202?s=20

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Close the thread.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's beautiful

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

they should have sent a poet

mr Scoop
Feb 13, 2006

Help! Someone! Cut my head off, it's trying to murder the rest of me!

Grimey Drawer

posting guarantees citizenship

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1349856015131545600?s=20

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Algund Eenboom posted:

Many in the United States were outraged by what they perceived to be an overly harsh sentence for Calley. Georgia's Governor, Jimmy Carter, future President of the United States, instituted American Fighting Man's Day, and asked Georgians to drive for a week with their lights on.[25] Indiana's Governor Edgar Whitcomb asked that all state flags be flown at half-staff for Calley, and the governors of Utah and Mississippi also publicly disagreed with the verdict.[25] The legislatures of Arkansas, Kansas, Texas, New Jersey, and South Carolina requested clemency for Calley.[25] Alabama's governor, George Wallace, visited Calley in the stockade and requested that President Richard Nixon pardon him. After the conviction, the White House received over 5,000 telegrams; the ratio was 100 to 1 in favor of leniency.[26] In a telephone survey of the U.S. public, 79 percent disagreed with the verdict, 81 percent believed that the life sentence Calley had received was too stern, and 69 percent believed Calley had been made a scapegoat.[26]

Wait, we can send telegrams to the whitehouse?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/transscribe/status/1349857568282337284?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

https://twitter.com/YOUWONTBELAFFIN/status/1349746945791725569?s=20

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

People say, and I mean many people, Trump's hands are very tiny, very tiny hands. But you know what, folks, looking at this photo, his head is tiny. A little tiny head. Tiny Head Donald.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

i was earnestly wondering if that was an edit or not

ebay didnt turn anything up

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

jjack229 posted:

It’s so weird to think that Nixon resigned rather than face what we now know is just a harmless slap on the wrist to a president.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

If fake then how come this AOC?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Un héroe. Reminds me of this guy, who I want to believe was real: https://sites.google.com/site/forgottenemployee/

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
don't post smalljoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

started rewatching wathcmen and its got a couple lols, ooos, and ahhs given it came out like 14 months ago lol

KoRMaK has issued a correction as of 05:21 on Jan 15, 2021