Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the vertical sensitivity thing for bows i assume is inherited from mobile where you would have way less vertical screen space to swipe compared to horizontally. if it isn't that way on controllers they probably had it branch based on controller or not, rather than controller/mobile/pc and is also probably getting de-prioritized over QOL fixes that cover all 3 platforms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

No Wave posted:

You should still have a prototype to make Prototype Crescent if you want to DPS ganyu. It's pretty good as the 4*s go.

I got every prototype but the bow. :negative:

I'm AR40 and I still have a bunch of quests to do, maybe it will show up in one of them.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Mill Village posted:

I got every prototype but the bow. :negative:

I'm AR40 and I still have a bunch of quests to do, maybe it will show up in one of them.
Liyue sigil shop should have one. Bows are weird because you only get one prototype guaranteed and you get two of every other weapon type (well, ok, in sword's case you get rancour and one prototype).

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

While we're complaining about bow mechanics, why do the arrows fly so goddamn slowly? Feels like someone has attached a small parachute to each one. Fix that and the vertical sensitivity and I'd be pretty happy with it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

No Wave posted:

Liyue sigil shop should have one. Bows are weird because you only get one prototype guaranteed and you get two of every other weapon type (well, ok, in sword's case you get rancour and one prototype).

Yeah I somehow missed it in the shop.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheFluff posted:

the whole reason ganyu's numbers on her charged attack are so insane is to allow mobile players who cannot reasonbly be expected to hit things used aimed shot mode and still do damage with just the aoe :tinfoil:

I haven’t messed with her much yet since getting her but I can guarantee I’ll still find a way to miss.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I have completed the Crimson Fates tree and will never have to go back to that drat mountain ever again.

Hooray.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

RareAcumen posted:

I have completed the Crimson Fates tree and will never have to go back to that drat mountain ever again.

Hooray.

Except daily commissions spawn there so

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
For a second team, the only people that I have listed as a primary DPS are Ning or Razor...which is the better direction to go (I have no resources LOL)? I've only gotten 6 5 stars and two of them were weapons so I feel like I'm missing the heavy hitters. My primary team so far is Klee, Jean (C1 LOL), Fisc, and Barb, and this has taken me through floor 10 (splitting with others I have that are underdeveloped like Albedo, etc.). I have all 4 stars except Diona and Kequing. Bennet is at like C4, so I've built him up to almost max and him and MC is closest to my main party's level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Razor is probably the most brain dead main DPS in the game. His kit actively asks to just use him and him only, with occasional swaps for elemental shields.

He's also easy to build since you just pile physical attack all day and no one else really wants that outside of like Crescent Pike Xiangling.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Tae posted:

Also, it's part of the BP.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

LorneReams posted:

For a second team, the only people that I have listed as a primary DPS are Ning or Razor...which is the better direction to go (I have no resources LOL)? I've only gotten 6 5 stars and two of them were weapons so I feel like I'm missing the heavy hitters. My primary team so far is Klee, Jean (C1 LOL), Fisc, and Barb, and this has taken me through floor 10 (splitting with others I have that are underdeveloped like Albedo, etc.). I have all 4 stars except Diona and Kequing. Bennet is at like C4, so I've built him up to almost max and him and MC is closest to my main party's level.
Ninguang is convenient because there's a geo buff on floor 12 and you own Albedo whom she pairs nicely with. But Ninguang and Razor feel so different to play that I'd decide off of that. Ninguang is a safer choice for a few reasons (best carry for a specific element, can be flexed to a burst support at C6, plays in a more conventional style than Razor) but some people can't stand playing her.

LorneReams posted:

Also, it's part of the BP.
Not for long. You can't do crimson wish after you finish the tree.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

No Wave posted:

Ninguang is convenient because there's a geo buff on floor 12 and you own Albedo whom she pairs nicely with. But Ninguang and Razor feel so different to play that I'd decide off of that. Ninguang is a safer choice for a few reasons (best carry for a specific element, can be flexed to a burst support at C6, plays in a more conventional style than Razor) but some people can't stand playing her.

Not for long. You can't do crimson wish after you finish the tree.

Nooo, I didn't know, I finish on Monday. I may try Ning only because I have a level 80 weapon for her already. It can't be worse than using Klee.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

RareAcumen posted:

Hooray.

Artifact farming?

Also, got Ganyu at 78 pulls. Huzzah, my recklessness on the last banner had zero consequences, no lessons learned. Now I can save for... Ning, I guess? She'll probably be on one of the next couple banners and I really want C1. Don't care about any of the other 5*s coming.

Karia fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Jan 15, 2021

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

LorneReams posted:

Nooo, I didn't know, I finish on Monday. I may try Ning only because I have a level 80 weapon for her already. It can't be worse than using Klee.

Strongly suggest Ning/sub/Albedo/healer if you can stomach the charged catalyst attacks. Albedo is a great battery for her and plays well with the Jade Screen

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
Can Bennet be a healer? Does Sucrose work in that team as a sub (I have her as C4).

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

LorneReams posted:

Can Bennet be a healer? Does Sucrose work in that team as a sub (I have her as C4).

Bennett is consensus meta healer, absolutely. Sucrose would work for CC and swirling with Bennett, but functions best as a support and doesn't get great synergy with Geo since Crystallize ignores Anemo.

E: I would suggest XQ, XL, Kaeya, or Chong as sub based on who you have - Geo and Cryo work well together and XQ and XL have the dual function of off-field damage and reaction setup while being able to work on field in a pinch.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 15, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yes, Bennett's a great healer. I would also encourage you to try out Xingqiu instead of Barbara in your main team if you want an easier time but it's up to you.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
This game is hard to switch gears like that, but I'll try that out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Karia posted:

Artifact farming?

True. Both fair points. I won't have to go back and wander around instead of just teleporting near my objectives anymore then.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

Hackan Slash posted:

The two problems with KB+M is that the horizonal send is different from the vert and there's no way to make them equal, and that the sens options are narrow.
Bigger than either of these for me is the absence of invert Y axis. There is no way I'm undoing 25 years of muscle memory now, Mihoyo, please just add this very simple option setting that 99.9% of games have.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
it's super cool and good that a game where the best part is exploring releases new content that comes with a mechanic that explicitly discourages you from exploring. and by "super cool and good" I mean "loving stupid"

like okay fine I can accept that gameifying the exploration a bit is attractive to some people but when you've already seen the gameified parts at least give me a way to turn the mechanic off and let me play the way I want, you micromanaging assholes

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Tae posted:

Razor is probably the most brain dead main DPS in the game. His kit actively asks to just use him and him only, with occasional swaps for elemental shields.

He's also easy to build since you just pile physical attack all day and no one else really wants that outside of like Crescent Pike Xiangling.

This reminds me, i've seen people recommend Keqing over Razor. Is that accurate? I kind of have my doubts. Also, given the spotty nature of the description of the skills is her electro damage conversion workable with stacking phys as well?

TheFluff posted:

it's super cool and good that a game where the best part is exploring releases new content that comes with a mechanic that explicitly discourages you from exploring. and by "super cool and good" I mean "loving stupid"

like okay fine I can accept that gameifying the exploration a bit is attractive to some people but when you've already seen the gameified parts at least give me a way to turn the mechanic off and let me play the way I want, you micromanaging assholes

To be fair, the more you explore Dragonspine the easier it gets to move around in it. Stuff like the seelies and activatable heat sources open up easier routes. I think there's even at least one switch you can press that opens up a shortcut. Also, the more time you spend there the more you're likely to figure out some tricks to avoid taking appreciable cold damage altogether.

Barbara and Bennett can negate the freeze damage effect entirely with the right setup. Bennett is extremely easy to do that with. The freeze damage effect is so slow compared to his heals that you can just tank up on HP after getting his burst regened. The latter of which isn't hard if you have enough ER on him.

It's really not a good idea to look at the weather effect as being something like Sonic's drowning animation. It takes a lot of time to kill your team.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 15, 2021

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Archonex posted:

This reminds me, i've seen people recommend Keqing over Razor. Is that accurate? I kind of have my doubts. Also, given the spotty nature of the description of the skills is her electro damage conversion workable with stacking phys as well?

I don't know if Physical Keqing is any good, but you can intentionally avoid the Electro conversion of her E by activating it with a charged attack instead of pressing E again. The downside being of course that you miss out on her teleport.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Got the cocogoat! I somehow pulled Zhongli, Albedo, and Ganyu without an off-banner 5 star. But now my well of primos has run dry and I expect to miss the next 1-2 banner characters.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Archonex posted:

keqing is faster and less greedy than razor, and has at least as much damage output. you can pop in, use both her skills, get a couple thunder hits in, and switch out--all this in 10s or less, all while doing way more damage than razor can do in 10s. no penalty for switching, either, her electro enchantment stays on until it times out.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

There's a lot that's kind of hosed up about Keqing. She has a fat charge attack but can't damage amp, she's electro but her rate of electro application isn't very good, she knocks enemies away and her charge uses stamina so she can't really sprint after them, her normal attack string is beyond mediocre. She will get power creeped out of the game quite soon but at the moment she's one of the only characters with a DPS kit that does elemental normal attacks (so you can normal attack with her and still profit from electro cup) so she's still usable.

She'll drive you a bit more insane the more you use her until you're basically cussing at her during 12-3 because her stupid charge attack knocks the pyro fatui agent away over and over and you can't clear it in time.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 16, 2021

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Archonex posted:

Phys Keq is something you can run, but razor is just better at it. The only reason I would go for it is 1. You're low AR and you want to use the free proto and glad stuff you're given or 2. You have an aquila favonia you're dying to use.

You don't want to try and stack multiple dmg types if you can help it. Either commit to electro or phys.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Wave posted:

She'll drive you a bit more insane the more you use her until you're basically cussing at her during 12-3 because her stupid charge attack knocks the pyro fatui agent away over and over and you can't clear it in time.

that's why you salt mines with klee first :unsmigghh:

anyway if keqing gets powercrept i'm not sure what i'm going to do because she's my carry

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

IMO, the best way to fix Keqing would be to attach a short teleport to her initial normal attack so she doesn't have to chase things forever. Maybe she wouldn't be amazing but it'd be a huge quality of life thing.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
You want to lean into the knockback for Keqing. Get enemies against a wall or a geo construct before unloading. She imparts enough force that she can pretty consistently trigger physics damage from the bounces, which can double her DPS in the bottom abyss floors.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Even with a wall (or an immovable target), using Keqing's charged attack repeatedly will back her away from the enemy.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jan 16, 2021

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

using Keqing's charged attack repeatedly will back her away from the enemy.
This. This is so wtf why

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lurksion posted:

This. This is so wtf why

to neutralize the teleport distance at the end of her normal combo, of course :pseudo:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She's still acceptably good against Lawachurls, Mitachurls, Cryogunners, and Electrohammers. Pretty much every other enemy type is pain.

My preferred fix would just be to reduce her electro application cooldown on her autos. She could at least do something well in an electro-y way and would combo better with XQ/Barbara (yes i know we don't need to buff XQ but i still think it's the best option). Also Overload is really trash, it should deal quadruple damage to enemies it launches.

She won't ever get buffed though. Our only hope is she rotates off of standard banner some day.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 16, 2021

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

I just recently started working on building Razor and I have to say, he's a great pick if you don't have a ton of resources (and if you're kind of terrible at this game like I am). I gave mine a prototype archaic, a handful of talent levels on his basic attack, and 2 hand me down artifacts at lvs 8/10 from XL and he's already pulling his weight at lv 70 against the mini bosses. On a team with Fish and a cyro for superconduct he outperforms my Tartaglia, who needs a hell of a lot more setup to reach full power.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

No Wave posted:

She won't ever get buffed though. Our only hope is she rotates off of standard banner some day.

Pretty much every gacha I've ever played has eventually buffed launch characters, usually by introducing a new level up mechanic (like a new equipment slot or something) and making older characters benefit from it more.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You're right, and I was being negative. But she has so many issues and they're not strictly numerical. Very strange case.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Albedo has a similar charge attack and all you have to do is press forward after the attack. This both reduces the delay between charge attacks and reduces the backstep a bit. I don't have Keqing to say if hers is much different though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i feel like Albedo has by far the best charge attack of that type, though basically anybody but Kaeya is going to have big issues with that charge attack spam moving you and enemies apart