Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sitting Councilor

Question for house in sheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember/Treasurer Combo Platter

As both of these options will seem to result in the betterment of the Kingdom, we must then ask ourselves a more fundamental question: What is best for the People?

While these Red Iron weapons have indeed been marvelous to behold, they are few in number. They are a mark of prestige, but not necessarily a paradigm shift in war or a war winner on their own.

But if the Surgeons, Doctors, and Learned Men of the realm could use some of these materials to better understand health, these changes will inevitably make their way to helping the people at large.
For contentment of the citizens, they need three things:To be Happy, To be Healthy, and To be Well Fed. Surely a contented populace is beneficial for all, no one wants bandits or rioters to be the norm.

Tacit general support for the Doctors of the Realm aside, fancy techniques with rare and expensive materials are usually the last things that will reach attainability by the common folk so I'm not sure of the significance of the direct merits of either choice.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I think I agree with the rest of my house when we say that Aye is what we're generally leaning towards. It's our House's ambit, after all.

Nea posted:

And I, Nea, grand duchess of the sea, just really love stickers. Stickers are legacy games, to me.

Darn right.

BTW to House Daucus Members: Check the sheet. I have some commentary. Most of it is just an expansion on why we like this proposition XD

Quackles fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 15, 2021

grandalt
Feb 26, 2013

I didn't fight through two wars to rule
I fought for the future of the world

And the right to have hot tea whenever I wanted

Senator

The monocled noble glances at the red iron sword, and thinks.

"Medicine is useful, and having would keep more workers alive. I would say aye. Also, our councilmember should look at the guidelines again."

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sitting Councilor

So I see, dearest cousin.

It seems the entire council is in agreement in regards to the medical benefits of this change. It leaves only the determination of which noble house shall gain the credit and long term benefits of it.

Now, House Pinchay does love to be seen as working hard for its hard workers, so we would love to sign the proclamation and have the ability to force the signature if we so desire. A bit of coin in the right hands, however, goes a long way. Does any House wish to... fund Pinchay priorities in exchange for not using our obvious power to take control of the medical field?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Councilmember

Given our stance against slavers in our neighboring kingdom, weakening our military seems like a poor idea at this time. This red iron can keep our soldiers from getting hurt in the first place. It is better to use this red iron for something we know it can do. If these upgraded tools do not work out, we may end up with neither.

As an addendum, as we were created in The Great Mother's image, I am leery of the potential of how these tools could be used to debase her creations.

Blessed be The Mother.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted:

Sitting Councilor

So I see, dearest cousin.

It seems the entire council is in agreement in regards to the medical benefits of this change. It leaves only the determination of which noble house shall gain the credit and long term benefits of it.

Now, House Pinchay does love to be seen as working hard for its hard workers, so we would love to sign the proclamation and have the ability to force the signature if we so desire. A bit of coin in the right hands, however, goes a long way. Does any House wish to... fund Pinchay priorities in exchange for not using our obvious power to take control of the medical field?

Would House Pinchay care to elaborate what magnitude of power they're referring to?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Sitting Councilor

3 coins to use 1 power in support instead of 4 power

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Slaan posted:

Sitting Councilor

3 coins to use 1 power in support instead of 4 power

this is quite the post/avatar combo :stare:

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Slaan posted:

Sitting Councilmember

The OP posted:

If multiple Houses on the winning side are tied for amount of Power spent, the ownership of the Leader token must be determined by the Moderator

My understanding is that Gambol has the power to select the Leader this round - unless you're referring to sheer bidding force.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I think they're talking about bidding force, yeah.

BTW, if there is a tie for Leader, there's an additional 24 hours for the houses at issue to buy off persuade the Moderator, right?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

My understanding is that Gambol has the power to select the Leader this round - unless you're referring to sheer bidding force.

Correct. Either the people under House Pinchay receive a small donation, you are forced to put up at least 4 power to get a chance at signing or my people get the long term benefits

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Quackles posted:

I think they're talking about bidding force, yeah.

BTW, if there is a tie for Leader, there's an additional 24 hours for the houses at issue to buy off persuade the Moderator, right?

Yes, if the Moderator has to weight in there is a 24h window for them to decide/be bribed (although once the moderator decides, the window ends and we proceed to the next dilemma).

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Senator

First you want to take a gamble on this mythical "red iron" and now, before it's full effects can be seen, you want to wrest it from the hands of the military to jump at the next whimsical idea that is brought before this noble body?! I urge my fellow councilmembers to, for once, stick to a single stable course. Furthermore, before we know whether this so called "amazing" metal has even proven its worth for military, you want to allow it to cut into the bodies of the Mother's children? And what, pray tell me, when this substance turns out to be cursed, or crumbles to dust by the next full moon? I urge a strong nay here, and I hope all right-thinking councilmembers will do the same.

Blessed be the Mother.

:siren:SporkChan, are you still staying on the sidelines due to prior knowledge of the game? If you are, I'm speaking in the capacity of Sitting Councilmember. :siren:

Covski fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 16, 2021

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Slaan posted:

Correct. Either the people under House Pinchay receive a small donation, you are forced to put up at least 4 power to get a chance at signing or my people get the long term benefits

Sitting Councilmember

An interesting proposal, especially if a House were to pay you to fade into the background, only to then be outbid by another - spending much and gaining (nearly) nothing. Such a sorrow!

I don't believe Gambol desires the sticker sufficiently to swing purse or Power around, but I encourage my family to speak freely.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Covski posted:

:siren:SporkChan, are you still staying on the sidelines due to prior knowledge of the game? If you are, I'm speaking in the capacity of Sitting Councilmember. :siren:
I believe they may have played the extra scenarios from the promo, given the plot they were telling me about (I've played those in Essen a couple of years ago). If that's the case, I told them I'm perfectly fine with them playing normally :)

I'll double-check with them just to be sure.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

An interesting proposal, especially if a House were to pay you to fade into the background, only to then be outbid by another - spending much and gaining (nearly) nothing. Such a sorrow!

I don't believe Gambol desires the sticker sufficiently to swing purse or Power around, but I encourage my family to speak freely.

Okay but what if we did C. I do. I want the sticker.

Treasurer

Further reading, both of rereading the chronicle stickers rules and the dilemma, have convinced me that house Gambol should put forth a large amount of power to obtain the leadership role, but in accordance with that, Should house Pinchay still have their deal open we shall take it, assuming it is also open to Gambol.

As well and in alternative, we are prepared to offer to House Daucus, House Pinchay, House Lethe and House Cyofeth five coins to signing rights should their house win. House Gambol would like to sign the card, thank you, and we are willing to make a big spend for it.

Nea fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 16, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

So now that we're all up and arguing, I might as well put the cat among the pigeons.

Mostly Accurate Senate Status Report
brought to you by House Daucus

Power/Coins

House Gambol: 7 Power, 15 Coins
House Cyfoeth: 7 Power, 10 Coins
House Daucus: 9 Power, 15 Coins
House Pinchay: 9 Power, 4 Coins
House Lethe: 8 Power, 11 Coins

Prestige/Crave
Currently all Houses should have 0 Prestige and 0 Crave. This will change over time.

Hidden Agenda Prediction
Important: These are all guesses, which will be compiled and updated during each dilemma based on previous actions and results.

House Gambol? Splashing out money for things? Perish the thought! But the allure of long-term gain is drawing a lot of people.
Agenda: Greedy
Confidence: ####

House Cyfoeth is tied with House Gambol for available Power to spend. They seem to be waiting to see what everyone else does in the debate.

Agenda: Opulent
Confidence: ##__

House Daucus is bewitched, bothered, and bewildered, but at least we're not broke. The real question is how we should use our Coins and/or Power.

Agenda: The motto of House Daucus should really be changed to 'Speak Softly and Carrot a Big Stick'.
Confidence: ###_

House Pinchay is using all the bluff and bluster they have at their disposal! Though I wonder if their real motives are to recover some of their dwindling stocks of Coin.

Agenda: Opportunist

House Natar is swimming against everybody else's tide. Man, it's tough to be a Moderate, you know?

Agenda: Moderate

Nea posted:

...Further reading, both of rereading the chronicle stickers rules and the dilemma, have convinced me that house Gambol should put forth a large amount of power to obtain the leadership role, but in accordance with that, Should house Pinchay still have their deal open we shall take it, assuming it is also open to Gambol.

So you're saying any of us could buy House Gambol off like House Pinchay, is that correct? Could you provide some numbers as to what sort of power spend we'd get out of it with and without buying you off?

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

So you're saying any of us could buy House Gambol off like House Pinchay, is that correct? Could you provide some numbers as to what sort of power spend we'd get out of it with and without buying you off?

House Gambol Treasurer

Oh, I misread their proposal backwards, I thought they were saying THEY would vote less if they were paid.

No, what I meant rather was that Gambol should spend a large amount of power, and as a follow-up, I am also offering to make a deal for leadership should we fail to any other house.

Basically I want the sticker. Of course I'm not the council member so like, yanno, I don't determine the power spends, but I was thinking 4+

Nea fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jan 16, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quote is not edit

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Nea posted:

Oh, I misread their proposal backwards, I thought they were saying THEY would vote less if they were paid.

No, what I meant rather was that Gambol should spend a large amount of power, and as a follow-up, I am also offering to make a deal for leadership should we fail to any other house.

Basically I want the sticker. Of course I'm not the council member so like, yanno, I don't determine the power spends, but I was thinking 4+

I thought they were saying they would vote less if they were paid.

I was just hoping you would vote less if you were paid.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Quackles posted:

I thought they were saying they would vote less if they were paid.

I was just hoping you would vote less if you were paid.

House Gambol Treasurer
Oh, in that case we are in agreement, but no, I was offering to pay them off. I want the sticker.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Oh my loving God I did it again I'm never posting on mobile again

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Nea posted:

Okay but what if we did C. I do. I want the sticker.

Treasurer

Further reading, both of rereading the chronicle stickers rules and the dilemma, have convinced me that house Gambol should put forth a large amount of power to obtain the leadership role, but in accordance with that, Should house Pinchay still have their deal open we shall take it, assuming it is also open to Gambol.

As well and in alternative, we are prepared to offer to House Daucus, House Pinchay, House Lethe and House Cyofeth five coins to signing rights should their house win.

Sitting Council member

I would hate to splash out four Power to Yea the event (4+1) to (1) - or worse, to Yea it (5+4) to (0)!

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

C... posted:

Sitting Council member

I would hate to splash out four Power to Yea the event (4+1) to (1) - or worse, to Yea it (5+4) to (0)!

House Gambol Treasurer

Indeed, that is why it would be preferable to gain signing rights first, however it would be a fine time to gather power later should we have to spend many power. Of course, should no one take the deal it's up to your judgement rather than mine for how to vote.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

C... posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Sitting Councilor

The deal is indeed still open. So, shall you pay Pinchay 3 coins in exchange for NOT using 4 power to try and get the sticker?

(Basically:
3 coins = 1 aye vote
No coins = 4+ Pinchay votes to try and take sticker)

Slaan fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 16, 2021

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Slaan posted:

Sitting Councilor

The deal is indeed still open. So, shall you pay Pinchay 3 coins in exchange for NOT using 4 power to try and get the sticker?

(Basically:
3 coins = 1 aye vote
No coins = 4+ Pinchay votes to try and take sticker)

Treasurer

Sure will. Offer Accepted.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

[EDITED]

Whoops! We were thinking of proposing something, but decided against it.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jan 16, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Pleasure doing business

Slaan fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jan 16, 2021

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Slaan, can you fix the banner in your posts? The one higher up used the Gambol banner so it looked like (haha) self-dealing.

I wonder if the forum moderators would let everyone in this thread have their house banner included below their avatar. Would certainly simplify things.

TravelLog fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 16, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Whoops. Fixed. I have images turned off in awful app so one mistake turned into many

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Slaan posted:

Whoops. Fixed. I have images turned off in awful app so one mistake turned into many

That app sounds like something awful. :v:

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Sitting Councilmember

My fellows of House Daucus have, as ever, spoken wisdom in regards to this dilemma. Know that we will be voting Aye on this matter, as knowledge is power in its own way.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Apprentice Sticker Aficionado

There it is, then.

I don't believe any other House is vying for the sticker with such passion; Nea has made a (very) generous offer should we lose, but we intend to claim this gift and our bid will reflect that.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

C... posted:

There it is, then.

I don't believe any other House is vying for the sticker with such passion; Nea has made a (very) generous offer should we lose, but we intend to claim this gift and our bid will reflect that.

Sitting Councilmember

Oh? You don't think that House Daucus will try to claim a sticker related to knowledge from you? Especially considering this:

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Sitting Councilmember

My fellows of House Daucus have, as ever, spoken wisdom in regards to this dilemma. Know that we will be voting Aye on this matter, as knowledge is power in its own way.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

SporkChan posted:

Sitting Councilmember

Oh? You don't think that House Daucus will try to claim a sticker related to knowledge from you? Especially considering this:

In all negotiations, confidence is key!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Witnessed!

Also a clarification since I may have been unclear - Currently Sitting Council members ARE NOT limited to the same rules Senators are in regard to the House sheet - as in: they can tell their House in the Sheet what they are thinking they are going to vote and why. Senators cannot discuss this with them in the sheet, but at least that way they know what to expect.

Also also, if you are a senator and you have said "we should vote Aye/Nay" itt, it is ok to use the sheet to say "we should use X power to do so", in case there was a doubt.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jan 16, 2021

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

:siren::siren::siren:
After some deliberation and in what may be considered the least unexpected decision of 2021 so far, we are doing away with the Sheet comments and we are going to use Discord instead.

The sheet being set to "comment" instead of "view" was an afterthough and:
  • It's clear that some basic level of team strategy (cheevos, agendas, general game direction) is needed;
  • The comment function is seeing a lot of use because of that;
  • Sheet comments are...unweildy at best and really difficult to use on mobile;
  • There is no easy way for me to see if someone needs something without reading through every single comment (the level of granularity for the notifications is not...granular enough for me to admin it).
Because of that, I've set up the King's Dilemma SA server. The rules for fair usage are the same as they were for the sheets, but it should be a more agile tool for everyone involved.

You should only be able to see the welcome channel when you first join (and it has everything disabled). Please make sure to change your Nickname for the server to your SA username (right click on your user in the right side bar, select "Change Nickname) and I'll add you to your own House's group.

That should allow you to see your private comms channel. If you are unable to after a while - or if you are able to see anything else aside from those 2 things) please let me know!
:siren::siren::siren:

EDIT: also make sure you are not set as "Invisible" (or whatever the equivalent is in Discord) at least temporarily - if you don't appear in the server memberlist, I won't be able to add you to your House's role :)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 17, 2021

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Thank you. We really needed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

I got a bunch of folks interested to play IRL, and I'm feeling that if I find out a lot of the consequences for things, that's gonna give me an unfair advantage. So I'm going to bow out. Have fun everyone.