Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
alton brown is cancelled, but i can't help but enjoy his demonstration on how to break down a chicken using a model of a t-rex skeleton. remove the head and the tail and they're the exact same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

alton brown is cancelled, but i can't help but enjoy his demonstration on how to break down a chicken using a model of a t-rex skeleton. remove the head and the tail and they're the exact same

what did he do

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

tiny floofy dinosaurs
people assume that dinosaurs, being reptilian, would have been hands-off loveless parents. but having known the power of hen, i disagree

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

my new goal in life is to get the scientific establishment referring to female dinosaurs as (for example) "a t-rex hen"

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

stegosaurus hen

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Vasukhani posted:

what did he do
encouraged his followers to butcher and eat a t-rex, which i can only imagine is a critically endangered species

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Vasukhani posted:

what did he do

general support of conservative politics (this came out when he called out trump as the end of his until then unbroken support of republican candidates), and general assholish behavior. most notably recommending a book by a confirmed pedophile with the note "this was my first cookbook. i don't care what he does or did in his personal life. everything in here worked back than and still does."

so not any single huge thing, but the general consensus among internet cooking leftists is it is better to avoid supporting him

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

general support of conservative politics (this came out when he called out trump as the end of his until then unbroken support of republican candidates), and general assholish behavior. most notably recommending a book by a confirmed pedophile with the note "this was my first cookbook. i don't care what he does or did in his personal life. everything in here worked back than and still does."

so not any single huge thing, but the general consensus among internet cooking leftists is it is better to avoid supporting him

Well at least you still have Guy Fieri?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Well at least you still have Guy Fieri?

my life intersects too much with guy fieri for my comfort. i worry that he is a supernatural force that is haunting me

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofFlavortown

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Paracaidas posted:

I love the natural laws of the forums, like that any D&D feedback thread will invariably produce its own examples of the behavior trying to be eliminated.

Well, yeah. The bad posters aren't stupid, they understand they're the ones being talked about, so they go to defend themselves but are still bad posters.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

This is a really cool way to wave "hello"

e:

V. Illych L. posted:

don't do the incredibly addictive drug avs

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 18, 2021

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The northern lights are unreal to actually see in person and I cannot recommend enough that you go somewhere to see them at least once in your life (southern lights are also acceptable for those on the other side of the equator).

Light pollution is so bad where I live now that they are no longer visible though. Cant see many stars at night either. :smith:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

GhostofFlavortown

i go up to the small town where guy fieri spent his young adult years. they spray paint his silhouette on the local shops he has visited when back in town. i worry that he stalks through the local misty woods like the wendigo

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the breeze whispers in your ear "that's money baby..."

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i go up to the small town where guy fieri spent his young adult years. they spray paint his silhouette on the local shops he has visited when back in town. i worry that he stalks through the local misty woods like the wendigo
incredible

this is a rich addition to dadchat lore, thank you for sharing

e: oh i misread that as "i grew up in the small town...". it's still great though

perepelki fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 18, 2021

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

dying of coronavirus was the only possible way phil spector could have ended his extraordinary life

in a way, he was the one and only true american

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Furnaceface posted:

GhostofFlavortown

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Boba Pearl posted:

*In a sad american voice*

Same :(

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgg4EG3YkiE

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
A plainclothes detective walks up to a crime scene and opens his coat to flash his identification and get past the cordon. He is furious to find it missing. "HEY!" he bellows to a group of teen bystanders. "WHICH OF YOU LITTLE SHITS LIFTED MY BADGE?"

Alternately, "Psst, buddy. Wanna buy a watch?"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
im finally doin it guys

im gettiing a goat

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

im finally doin it guys

im gettiing a goat

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

i was walking my cat yesterday and one of my neighbors flagged me down to show me the kids his mamma goat just birthed and im thinking of nabbing one of the cute fucks

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Walking your cat? :raise:

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

He Who Saw The Deep

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Furnaceface posted:

Walking your cat? :raise:

TBH, there's nothing more adorable than cats who enjoy going out on walks. I don't see it much, but my heart melts when I do see it :allears:

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I am ignorant so it took me a while but I figured it out, that is a cool way to say goodbye.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Kalit posted:

TBH, there's nothing more adorable than cats who enjoy going out on walks. I don't see it much, but my heart melts when I do see it :allears:

my little firepoint siamese LOVES walks, she will literally drag her leash to me

We also got one of these for our more skittish cats

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

my little firepoint siamese LOVES walks, she will literally drag her leash to me

We also got one of these for our more skittish cats

:swoon: Cuuuuuuuute!! I would love to see that catpack in action

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

im finally doin it guys

im gettiing a goat
yes

YES

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
do goats provide anything other than milk and potentially meat?

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Companionship?

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

delight

it's been discovered that some australian feral goats carry the angora gene and can produce wool that's even softer than the stuff from mongolia. their fibre has a different composition so the usual machinery for separating and processing angora doesn't work with it, but there's a place near where i live that has engineered their own; it's the only mill in the world that does australian angora. i'm planning a visit soonish, because that's an industry with great potential for the future and i've always wanted to learn how to shear a goat

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

:kimchi: how old is he now?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

perepelki posted:

:kimchi: how old is he now?

Butler is 5 and big sister Suzy is 9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

GhostofJohnMuir posted: