Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Shiroc posted:

What is actually involved in an athlete's physical? I know when I get one it always feels like a waste of time but I'd assume they would be more involved for players.

A NBA players found out he had a liver cyst or something during a physical, so they clearly do their job, whatever it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Springer, Biggio, Bichette, and Vlad? Guess I’m watching more Jays games this year.

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

That’s a hell of a get for the Jays. I’m curious to know if the Mets drama had an impact on their chances.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Springer, Biggio, Bichette, and Vlad? Guess I’m watching more Jays games this year.

Don't you dare forget Teoscar blasting ding dongs.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
between baseball, basketball and the NFL I'm gonna have a hell of a lot of free time soon

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Jays signing Springer probably takes them out of the JT sweepstakes, which is cool

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

is anyone but the phillies even in on realmuto anymore?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Watching all the Mets, Padres, and Jays fans here getting hype for the season while I'm gonna watch the tanking-rear end Pirates lose 105 games :smith:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

Watching all the Mets, Padres, and Jays fans here getting hype for the season while I'm gonna watch the tanking-rear end Pirates lose 105 games :smith:

That might be enough to win the division.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jeffpassan/status/1351739382135447553?s=21

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Blue Jays are now my friends again.

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/1351740142743130114?s=19

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I have recently decided that it's actually very cool to cheat, and it means you really want to win.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees sure picked a bad year to have a lovely rotation and bullpen in the AL East heh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Astros could have easily matched that if they wanted to

Time for the tank when Correa gets traded at the deadline

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

joe maddon is really into q

quintana that is! he's on the angels now, 1 yr/8.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Holy poo poo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks for the championship George - glad you got paid. I have zero expectation for the Astros to resign him but it still sucks to see him go.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

TheFlyingLlama posted:

is anyone but the phillies even in on realmuto anymore?

Maybe the Nats, but that's it I think

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

But wait...there may be more coming Jays fans
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/1351745357449994241?s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

If the Jays could also sign Brantley as rumoured and send Grichuk's chud brain to the moon id be very happy!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If the Jays could also sign Brantley as rumoured and send Grichuk's chud brain to the moon id be very happy!

LOL he's a chud? I knew i hated him for the right reasons and not because he has like a 1200 OPS vs the Yankees.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Go Blue Jays I guess

I like so many players on their team already

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that is a wild top 4 in the jays' lineup. i guess you go...

biggio
bichette
springer
vlad

that's a lot of fun

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Holy poo poo Jays did a thing

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Wait, teams are allowed to sign players for more than 2 million?

That doesn't seem right...

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Chexoid posted:

I have recently decided that it's actually very cool to cheat, and it means you really want to win.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gerblederp posted:

Holy poo poo Jays did a thing

I'm legit shocked, and happy to eat my own words bitching about their aggressive talk being bs.

Nomnom, delicious!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

:negative:

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Jays need another good starter immensely more than another outfielder, but still good I guess.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The last time I got local Astros games, George Springer was still in the minor leagues.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The deal might not look great in year 5 since Springer plays so balls to the wall and I'm sure Jays fans will get frustrated at him swinging out of his shoes and missing but overall he's going to be great to watch for at least half the contract unless he gets injured

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

abelwingnut posted:

that is a wild top 4 in the jays' lineup. i guess you go...

biggio
bichette
springer
vlad

that's a lot of fun
Springer has been exclusively a leadoff hitter since early 2016 I imagine he'll stay at the 1-spot, I think he likes it there

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

R.D. Mangles posted:

joe maddon is really into q

quintana that is! he's on the angels now, 1 yr/8.

So the final breakdown of that trade is that the Cubs gave up Eloy and Cease for Quintana, who may not have been great for the Cubs but did give Theo the financial flexibility needed to sign Darvish... who they salary dumped for some lottery tickets and also bundled with Caratini because why not.

0/10 trade see me after class Cubs.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
On the one hand george Springer is a good baseballman and the Jays are going to look good.

On the other, gently caress no goddamn cheating dickhead fuuuuuuuck

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

coronavirus posted:

Jays need another good starter immensely more than another outfielder, but still good I guess.

If they sign Brantley they would deal Gurriel in a deal for a starter.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I am glad to be proven wrong with my dismissive comment about only singing Yates and Chatwood.

Now, I am interested to see what their next move is. Gurriel is someone I like, but the most attractive trade option for other teams to get a starter, especially if they sign Brantley. Luckily, every scenario means less time for Grichuk.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm happy Springer is out of the west. Good for him!

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
My only concern is Springer isn’t thicc enough. Get on Vlad’s level or my boy Alejandro Kirk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Brantley is with the Blue Jays
https://twitter.com/thehazelmae/status/1351935496629460999?s=19