Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1351965595760259076?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

even 1-percenters belong itt

i personally know two idiots whose stated policy is to always vote for the candidate who they believe will lower their taxes, full stop. both voted trump and are now deeply worried that his idiocy will be bad for the stock market :kiddo:

short term gain, long term pain

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

lol that owns, I hope the crying lady just lies in bed for the rest of her life.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

For that money I expect Carnelian level or higher

Just wait a bit, when you hit 15 years you get a personalized forums birthday card from a randomly chosen admin. At 20 years I heard it's an SA themed coozie and access to the "no mods allowed" forum where you can learn the newest swears

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

well yeah kinda like how we haven't had an *openly* gay president yet, but you see buchanan,

Wait I thought lincoln was gay?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Slippery posted:

gay for the Union, maybe

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Ahahaha gently caress em

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Slippery posted:

nah he loved destroying mary todd lincoln's pussy with his weird farfan's dick

nowadays the suspicion is that he was atheist

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
The boomerocalypse is upon us

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

i badly want crying maga lady to be the same person as squat shart lady

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

Slippery posted:

the guy before him who slept in the same bed as his best friend and who other people would say "yeah they're husband and husband"

considered one of the worst presidents in us history so big ups to him

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

yeah and the nazis earnestly believed their poo poo too what's the tweeters point?

MunchE
Sep 7, 2000

BiggerBoat posted:

I assume know there are some Trump voters out there with either low paying jobs or who are looking for work that might welcome an income boost but the ones I know are more worried about losing the one they have that pays $11/hr or the people "below" them suddenly being on equal footing. They think "those people" are taking their (nonexistent) raise.

It's 100% this. My company raised everyone to $15 floor and the #1 comment at our big meeting announcing it was "it's not fair, I used to make $14 and that guy made $13 and now we'll make the same! I've been here 6 months longer than him!"

Didn't care that they got a raise, just mad they were no longer above someone

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Slippery posted:

Just wait a bit, when you hit 15 years you get a personalized forums birthday card from a randomly chosen admin. At 20 years I heard it's an SA themed coozie and access to the "no mods allowed" forum where you can learn the newest swears
Things have changed under new leadership :(

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
https://youtu.be/rPG8acTac7I

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Hahahaaa

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Some qanon person on twitter pointed out that today is not only the day of the inauguration, but also Jeffrey Epstein’s birthday

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

MunchE posted:

It's 100% this. My company raised everyone to $15 floor and the #1 comment at our big meeting announcing it was "it's not fair, I used to make $14 and that guy made $13 and now we'll make the same! I've been here 6 months longer than him!"

Didn't care that they got a raise, just mad they were no longer above someone

Next time just quote Matthew 20 at them.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Here's some content for a biden thread, terfs are already losing their minds:

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1352251273991643137

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Zopotantor posted:

Next time just quote Matthew 20 at them.

Please explain. I just looked this up and it's a story about a landowner paying everyone the same regardless of how many hours they worked and nothing from Jesus saying "this is good"

Oh and regardless, most of these people have never read the bible and never will and will do the usual mental gymnastics to avoid admitting they're wrong and dumb

Elephant Ambush has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Jan 21, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean they’ll just tell you that Jesus was using it as a metaphor for salvation and wasn’t really talking about wages

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

change my name posted:

Here's some content for a biden thread, terfs are already losing their minds:

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1352251273991643137

this is funny but also if you look at the comments on those posts a solid half of them aren’t actually terfs, they’re just regular old right wingers. lots of Pedo Joe Works For China and COVID Is Fake on those timelines.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

post trump cabinet members realizing that their careers are going to die with trump here

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1351733383856939009

first gay cabinet member tho lol

He was good in Oz IMHO.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

this is funny but also if you look at the comments on those posts a solid half of them arent actually terfs, theyre just regular old right wingers. lots of Pedo Joe Works For China and COVID Is Fake on those timelines.

You say that like the Venn diagram isn't a near complete circle.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

well there’s a distinction I think between people who always hated Biden and people who liked him but feel betrayed (maximum lol) by this move

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Hahahhhahha. Eat poo poo, you racist gently caress. Ur kids ain't never calling you back. Hope it was worth it!

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Manuel Calavera posted:

all TERFs are transphobes, but not all transphobes are TERFs

Anti-Social_Disease
Mar 5, 2002

Anti-Social_Disease has issued a correction as of 22:37 on Jan 21, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This gets more pleasurable every time I see it. I want to know if she's made another video in the last 24 hours. I need to see the next year of her output.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This gets more pleasurable every time I see it. I want to know if she's made another video in the last 24 hours. I need to see the next year of her output.

If you've ever know any of these people she's be sad for a bit then move on to the next thing having learned nothing and will either never admit the reality of their support or they'll supplement reality with their own in which they come off better. These pieces of poo poo almost never learn and are wholly incapable of introspection. Enjoy the tears, she'll be back to calling the cops on a black kid for the crime of existing and posting victoriously about it on FB in no time.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Cocaine Bear posted:

If you've ever know any of these people she's be sad for a bit then move on to the next thing having learned nothing and will either never admit the reality of their support or they'll supplement reality with their own in which they come off better. These pieces of poo poo almost never learn and are wholly incapable of introspection. Enjoy the tears, she'll be back to calling the cops on a black kid for the crime of existing and posting victoriously about it on FB in no time.

yep, they live almost entirely in the now, the moment-to-moment present. it’s kind of incredible to see in a way. I have several people who operate like this in my family, and they seem to literally not remember their past positions or opinions, or what they thought was important in the past. it doesn’t even seem like denial or lying, they really seem to believe that whatever they think in the moment is what they’ve always thought. it’s almost... zen. it must be incredibly relaxing, tbh

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

that’s what happens when you have deeply rooted and consistent beliefs but they’re so appalling that you know you can never share them in polite society, so you get used to developing an ever shifting veil of fake values to justify your actions. the professed belief (pedo Joe will sell us out to China) changes, the actual belief (america should be a globe-spanning white supremacist colonial empire) never does.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Qanon was a masterful plan to make all the worst people out themselves big time stylee.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

that’s what happens when you have deeply rooted and consistent beliefs but they’re so appalling that you know you can never share them in polite society, so you get used to developing an ever shifting veil of fake values to justify your actions. the professed belief (pedo Joe will sell us out to China) changes, the actual belief (america should be a globe-spanning white supremacist colonial empire) never does.

it doesn't have to be an appalling belief, even. its like everything is an expression of identity and so its simultaneously the most important thing ever and utterly disposable because in the end its just ~virtue signaling~

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

it doesn't have to be an appalling belief, even. its like everything is an expression of identity and so its simultaneously the most important thing ever and utterly disposable because in the end its just ~virtue signaling~

yeah but if your deeply held belief is something like “government should be well run to help the less fortunate” you can say that, and when you’re mad about trump or Biden you can say “I’m mad because they’re going to make government worse at helping people.” you don’t have to hide the ball. when people completely abandon their supposedly deeply held beliefs over and over it’s a sign that their actual beliefs are something else, and usually the reason to keep your actual beliefs hidden is that they’re evil as hell.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

No I think some people genuinely do not develop theory of mind. They think their opponents all agree with them and are just pretending to disagree out of malice. They can't imagine a person with different views, so they can't imagine themselves thinking differently, so they must have always had the opinions that they currently have.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I have several people who operate like this in my family, and they seem to literally not remember their past positions or opinions, or what they thought was important in the past. it doesn’t even seem like denial or lying, they really seem to believe that whatever they think in the moment is what they’ve always thought. it’s almost... zen. it must be incredibly relaxing, tbh

They don't cone off as relaxed.

They sure as poo poo don't remember their predictions. Obama is gonna take all our guns! Inflation is coming! Martial Law is just around the corner! Gay marriage and legalizing weed will ruin our society!

Every once in a while, I go back and re-read some of my old posts, emails or poo poo I wrote in my journal, realize how stupid I was sometimes and try to remind myself I don't know everything. Even if I was sometimes right. But these people by and large seem utterly incapable of self reflection.

How many Armageddon years have we survived now?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
"Oh, I forgot to carry the crazy one. Silly me! The *actual* date for the thing I totally said was going to happen yesterday is..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

The Lone Badger posted:

No I think some people genuinely do not develop theory of mind. They think their opponents all agree with them and are just pretending to disagree out of malice. They can't imagine a person with different views, so they can't imagine themselves thinking differently, so they must have always had the opinions that they currently have.

yeah I genuinely think that this is a lot of people. some people are hiding their true beliefs, and some people are maybe hiding their beliefs even to themselves, but I know people who really just exist in an eternal present and think that they are unchanging, and when they’ve changed they just believe they were never different before.